Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Top Ten Professional Exams - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Ten Professional Exams (100567 Views)

Professional Exams Vs Masters Which Is Better? / What Professional Exams Do I Need For Oil Jobs? / Free Materials For CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, BCP, DRP, and CBCP Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by joyjames(f): 2:42pm On Feb 28, 2007
pls can anyone help me,which of this professional course will be ok for me among the ones under IT

I have hnd statistics and presently working as an account assitant.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Blow(m): 5:35pm On Mar 01, 2007
@joyjames, ICAN is the best for you now, HND Statistics
and working as account assistant.

My top 10 Professional/Certification Exams

1. Cisco Certified Internetworking Engineer (CCIE)
2. Oracle DataBase 10g Administrator Certfied Master (OCM)
3. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
4. Oracle DataBase 10g Administrator Certfied Professional (OCP)
5. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
6. Oracle DataBase 10g Administrator Certfied Associate (OCA)
7. Microsoft Certified System Engineer:Security (MCSE:Security)
8. Institute of Chatered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN)
9. Comptia Security +, A+, Network+
10. Project Management Professional

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by chinnys(f): 5:39pm On Mar 02, 2007
All of u seem to be talking of IT, what of us that read Biochemistry any chance for. I mean what other professional exams can we write to upgrade it
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Mystique(f): 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2007
You might want to strike Oracle 9i, 10g outta dat list, its a lil over-rated, and like most cerifications, has out lived its time. . . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by babasegun(m): 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2007
I think ACCA should be in the top ten, that quaification will get you anywhere in the world, even as a student, am a living testimony to that.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by babasegun(m): 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2007
I dont see you doing anything with ICAN outside nigeria, 'cos i have a guy in my class who has got his ICAN, and when he got to my school he was sent back to the drawing board, so ICAN in my own bokk is ,
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by chy(f): 10:15am On Jun 15, 2007
What of Human Resources
CIPMN
Charatered Institute of Personnel Management
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by femimat(m): 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2007
hi all
please pursue cert that are relevant outside the shores of this country. some cert expires on flight take off from nigeria like ICAN - my opinion anyway. please go for professional certs. cheers
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Rebirth(m): 10:53pm On Oct 20, 2007
six sigma black belt is cool too
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Mustay(m): 1:03am On Oct 22, 2007
chinnys:

All of u seem to be talking of IT, what of us that read Biochemistry any chance for. I mean what other professional exams can we write to upgrade it

THEY HAVE THEIR OWN TOO.

ROYAL SOCIETY OF CHEMISTRY www.rsc.org cool
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Mustay(m): 1:16am On Oct 22, 2007
Blow:

@joyjames, ICAN is the best for you now, HND Statistics
and working as account assistant.

My top 10 Professional/Certification Exams

1. Cisco Certified Internetworking Engineer (CCIE)
2. Oracle DataBase 10g Administrator Certfied Master (OCM)
3. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
4. Oracle DataBase 10g Administrator Certfied Professional (OCP)
5. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
6. Oracle DataBase 10g Administrator Certfied Associate (OCA)
7. Microsoft Certified System Engineer:Security (MCSE:Security)
8. [s]Institute of Chatered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN)[/s]9. Comptia Security +, A+, Network+
10. Project Management Professional
puhleasssseeeeeeee

babasegun:

I don't see you doing anything with ICAN outside nigeria, 'because i have a guy in my class who has got his ICAN, and when he got to my school he was sent back to the drawing board, so ICAN in my own bokk is ,

good talk
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by tkb417(m): 4:28pm On Oct 22, 2007
it depends on ur field sha. Finance ill advice CFA but you need to be smart or else you'll fail a billion times
IT-ill say CCIE while S.A.P will be ok for anybody so far its the financials you wanna do.

What about looking for money to start your biz? cos these exams cost money. The thingy is to employ someone, even if u are a CFA charterholder im sure you wont earn more than 200kGBP!!!(annually) Thats even on the high side.
But, as a bizman, after a couple of years, that should be a beancake.

PS: im not talking about selling poor water oo
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by modu: 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2007
Everyone,

Just on the top professional qualifications to go for, for those with no previous IT related background, I will advise you to go for the project management training. Someone mentioned six sigma, that is definately a good option too.

There is an upcoming project management and six sigma training in Lagos, in November. view the website for more information www.utmostconsulting.com or send an email to enquiries@utmostconsultign .com

There qualification will give you a good background to how IT project work, if you decide to go into IT management and if you just aspire for management related careers, then they still coem handy. Also, they dont change very often, so there is no need for top up qualifications, like you have with oracle, CISCO etc.

There qualificatiosn are internally recognised, outside naija, so you are in for a winner in and outside naija.

ITIL is also very good, by the way.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by knzguru(m): 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2007
A leading project management training institute is organising a series of FREE project management seminars from November for 500 participants only. All participants must have had experience working on projects for their organisations. Working in the operations department of your organisation is a plus.

Participants stand the a chance to win a scholarship and discounts on the Project Management Training required to become a PMP (Project Management Professional) or CAPM (Certified Assistant Project Manager).

Each seminar has a maximum of 50 participants for a total of 10 classes. Only one of these classes (50 participants) would be open to nairalanders and i suppose it is scheduled for Saturday,24th of November 2007.

Prospective participants would be screened as this seminar is not for everyone. Send an email to knzguru@yahoo.com for more details

You may also view this topic post
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-89007.0.html#msg1677967
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by wyt(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2007
CFA,
ACCA,
CIS
ICAN,
ORACLE,
CISCO
AND OTHER
my reasons behind this is that cfa, can befound in any sector of the economy, acca(or ican) too, but cfa, start from where accounting stop, ican quit nice but acca, is internationaly rcognised. cis, the baby bumer, coming up in the courtry, hav to do with fiance and all productive sector long to be seen as plc, so brokers is quite necessary. oracle still a joke int counrtry for now b/cos a company may not need more than 3 database admnnisrtator which is always in head office. cisco, networking, that is for recharge card only

stand to be coreected anyway, appology to those not favoured by my believe and understanding
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by daynike(f): 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2007
you guys should always learn to respect your country no matter how bad it is.i believe the 1st should be ICAN.do u know what it takes to be a chartered accountant.my list:ICAN,CPA(USA),CFA,ACCA,CIA,CISA,CIMA,ICAEW,
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by victor4u(m): 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2007
ACCA - Globally respected

ICAN - Nigeria respected

CFA

CISA

CIS

ORACLE, JAVA n d rest

CIPM

CIMA

etc

more about acca visit https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-95061.0.html
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by tinkerbery(f): 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2007
wow! wow!, nothing for us the in the engineering field and design ? NA! NA! NA! ,  Good news NIIT does not offer only IT bla bla bla cheesy cheesy the have a section called Autodesk located there in NIIT, IDM building at Oban Akran  Avenue in Ikeja. it is one of the best in africa, as of last month and have packages like : AutoCAD 2008, AutoDesk civil 3D, AutoCAD electrical,AutoCAD mechanical,AutoDESK REVIT,Inventor,Map 3D, GIS, Animation and some other design packages. was a student,  still a student and dont get the wrong drift when you hear NIIT, ITS not Mufasar,  that gives shivers to hyners cheesy wink they are not that expensive. the main jerk is you you get an INTERNATIONAL AUTODESK CERTIFICATE after your project had being done and approved.  meet the main guys and not roadside teachers grin grin grin for infor call 01-7921122 or send a mail to autodesk@idmng.net cheesy someone fan me please, that was  a hard day's job,  wink wink wink
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by tinkerbery(f): 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2007
i forgot one thing,  the cert is recognised world wide,  so stop doing ahohowawa and co computer school grin grin grin,  get the right cert for the right stuff grin grin
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by wyt(m): 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2007
i think we should be giving reasons for our choice. and we shouldn't be local about it,
yes, we should be proud of our country, but we are interested in marketabilty of our
choice globaly.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by realkemmy(m): 8:13am On Nov 27, 2007
i am surprised no body mentioned

CIIA - Certified International Investment Analyst

its also a very hot professional exams, but very few people are aware of it.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by Idagu(m): 11:00am On Nov 29, 2007
Talking about the ten professional exams will not be complete without the mention of NIPR (Nigerian Institute of Public Relations).

THe entry requirement is encoraging:
An ssce result with five credits with a compulsory credit in English language.

REquires less than two years to have your professional Diploma.

Use your Diploma for post graduate diploma, Masters in public relations in UNN and Communication arts In University of Ibadan or enter into 300 level in the university.

Very soon, Jamb will loss it grip on school leavers.

It is a great opportunity for Job advancement.

Want more information, Contact idagu_david@yahoo.com.

Will be ready to help.
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by ofurufu(m): 10:22am On Mar 01, 2008
NIM is rubbish, not recognised!!!!
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by opokonwa(m): 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2008
realkemmy:

i am surprised no body mentioned

CIIA - Certified International Investment Analyst

its also a very hot professional exams, but very few people are aware of it.

Again CIIA does not have a Regional chapter i Nigeria just like CIPS
I wonder why the rest of the world is always ignoring Nigeria when they are making progress

Nigerians are often faced with the prospect of travelling abroad to take certain exams towards acquiring certain certifications

Meanwhile for oyinbo, they bring it to their doorsteps embarassed
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by thinknow: 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2008
What about NFA,NABA,NUGA,WUGA and even NIPOGA?
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by rubbie: 2:36am On Mar 03, 2008
well you have all mentioned very good certifications but concerning the acca and ican dispute, agreed acca is recognized internationally but do u realize it is not accepted in the strongest country of the world, USA, u have to write the american CPA to be recognized, and besides acca came up with a new rule that u need to have a performance evaluation of 3 years before u can be certified, thats crap as far as im concerned, and besides be proud to be a champion locally, so ill still put ICAN among the top certifications
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by kazum(m): 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2008
pls help out, i need where i can do my ccna training in lagos with something like 25k
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by marosky(m): 3:30pm On Mar 03, 2008
CFA is the number one exam in the world,take it or leave it.ICAN,CIS ,ACCA and CISA should be in the top 10
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by TSP: 11:16am On Mar 04, 2008
HI PEOPLE, IM GETTING CONFUSED, MAY BE IM NOT SO SURE ABOUT MYSELF ANYMORE. I ALREADY HAVE A JOB , BEEN WRITING ACCA FOR A YEAR AND STILL ON THE SAME LEVEL ( 1ST STAGE). PLEASE HELP ME OUT, IM NOT DULL, INFACT PEOPLE SAY IM SO SHARP BUT ITS NOT REFLECTING IN MY PERFORMANCE. H, E, L, P!!!!
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by marosky(m): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2008
mustay it is as if u o r some1 close 2 u has failed ican a couple of times.i have friends working with ican abroad.ican is globally recognised.it is true that cpa and acca are more globally recognized.if u don't like ican u can consider anan then you will know that 'khaki no be leather'
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by samragyone(m): 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2008
PLS send my detail on CCNA
Re: Top Ten Professional Exams by delta12(m): 11:51am On Mar 07, 2008
Please4 i would like to get a detailed informatin on CFA; where it is done in nigeria, whaen it is done, the exam fee, Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / Salary Range Of Microfinance Bank Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.