Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

I Wish I Never Met The Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Wish I Never Met The Man (14329 Views)

I Wish I Never Meet Him A Regret Story By Mary Temitope / Short Story: The Man Is Coming / Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
'I wish I never met the man.' This is a thought that will continue to linger on in my subconscious mind. I had lost all i laboured for; my reputation, money and dignity. All I wanted was to double the money I had to offset a pending issue. Now, i've become plunged into more miseries after my escapade.
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
More to continue...
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2016

*Grabs Seat..

Sips Zobo with Chinchin.
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
YoungRichRuler:

*Grabs Seat..

Sips Zobo with Chinchin.
cheesy wlc on board sir

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
It's my first post on this section guys! Intending to work on my writing skills. Corrections are welcomed. Will avoid verbosity to arouse ur interest
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2016
BACK TO ME...

It all started on a Saturday morning, 15th December, 2015. I was preparing for my final examination at the University of Benin, Benin city. We were informed not to approach the examination hall except we had paid our tuition fees. I was desperate and distraught. I needed an expeditious solution to this problem.

So.. Guess what i did.

(comments needed)

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 15, 2016
I had managed to save up about twenty thousand naira but needed double the amount to pay the fee.

While wandering on the street, I met on the way a man of similar physical features with me except for his beards. One thing led to another and we started conversing...

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2016
'bros, i hail, you be Man U fan?' i asked noticing the jersey he was wearing.
'for life o' he replied.

'good club. I like watching their match' i continued hoping to use that medium to ask for direction.
'emm, nor vex o. U know any place i fit increase my money. I get pressing need.'

he looked at me, smiled and proferred a solution.
'have you heard of BET9JA? I once doubled 35k with ease there.'

my face lightened up and i was hopeful. This first move has turned back to backfire and crash everything till present time.

The full gist loading... Hopefully, it becomes an eye-opener to naive, desperate and enthusiastic people out there

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
on getting to the shop, i saw a lot of people in the shop opposite muyi line,uselu road. Some where trying to arrange games from a board,some sitting miserably and looking gloomy (then i thought they got bad news at home). The last group had their eyes buried to a screen displaying instant scores (later knew it as virtual a.k.a ritual)

something within me kept reverberating the fact that this risking venture might be difficult; nevertheless,i had resolved to give it a try..

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
i met someone who arranged 3 matches of over 1.5 for me. He called it a safe game and i thanked him for it. 'play this game 15000 naira for me,' i said to the attendant at the shop.

Startled he tried to use his countenance to suggest i don't take he risk. I didn't decipher that. I went home hopeful with my ticket. The disaster occurred when i found out one of the games played 1-0.

I became depressed, couldn't sleep. I quickly rushed down the next day and staked the remaining 10k i had left. This time it was 3 games going for goal goal. The last game i waited for was olympiacos versus arsenal. Arsenal 1.0,2.0,3.0. 'Score na olympiacos!' I remember shouting

i started thinking of someone i must have offended

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by KaBabs1: 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
Hi redbeans, you have really nice writing skills. I was wondering if you had some spare time to write a short story story for me. It's just a 5k word story. If you're interested you can hit me up
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2017
KaBabs1:
Hi redbeans, you have really nice writing skills. I was wondering if you had some spare time to write a short story story for me. It's just a 5k word story. If you're interested you can hit me up adeyinkaa9 @ g mail. com
wow. Thanks. Just trying out my skills. Not a professional yet.

I'm sure you'll see an expert in this section to help out.
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2017
[quote author= post=52473999]

the game ended without olympiacos scoring a single goal at home to qualify. I was more disturbed about my ticket. God! I'm finished, i said to myself. Due to my resilence, i was determined to recoup my lost cash.

Oooh. If only i had let go. Nothing made sense to me again. I became a chronic gambler after i was introduced to virtual game. I became a leech and lied frequently to get help from parents, church members and contemporaries. All for gambling.
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
the addiction was so strong that i began to sell my properties to gamble. I began looking tattered and unkempt. My insolvent nature made people loose their trust in me. I started hurting those i love due to my uncontrollable addiction.

We (the punters) had once resolved that we would stop the habit. We ended up even going to the centre earlier than before. The following conversation erupted between us:
me:guy,you stil reach here?
Friend 1:u nko? I think say you repent
Me:dem dey repent finish?
Friend 2: omo make we try nor come tomorrow

we continued despite our resolve. A shaddy phone deal put me in trouble with a cult guy and i had to flee for my life. Hmm.. A fine,cool and diligent guy had become a monster. All advice given to me fell on deaf ears. Was i going to pay with my blood before i could stop...
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by KaBabs1: 10:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
[quote author=redbeans post=52475353][/quote]

I think you read my post wrong fam. I want you to write for me at a fee. Contact me if you're interested.
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by KaBabs1: 8:05am On Jan 03, 2017
redbeans:
wow. Thanks. Just trying out my skills. Not a professional yet.

I'm sure you'll see an expert in this section to help out.

Aii. Thanks G
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
some funny addiction i noticed there:
victim-omo, see my head. (we saw blood dripping). Truck brush me. Na god save me.
Me-go and treat yourself na.
Victim-make i play one game first.

Jehovah witness guy who lost: (lamentations) jehovah god! I am your son. Do not forsake me me. Nooooo!

BACK TO ME
i sold most of my properties and couldn't pay my rent. I had to go stay with a friend as my parents became temporarily homeless due to bankruptcy. I was meant to wipe away their tears but instead i made them cry more. sad mum kept 'bailing me from problems upon problems. I caused trouble everywhere i went coz of gambling. I Keep having one sickness or the other. I guess someone i offended is on my matter.

I've resolved to stop this year. On a second thought, am i not saying this because i have no money on me yet. I that used to be a devoted catholic and a hardworking teacher,now look wayward, tattered and disoriented. The unexamined life is indeed not worth living (socrates). #pray for me.
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 08, 2017
KaBabs1:

Aii. Thanks G
On a second thought bro, I want to give it a shot. I need another means of generating income. So, I'm ready to test my abilities. smiley
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by KaBabs1: 11:38am On Jun 08, 2017
redbeans:
On a second thought bro, I want to give it a shot. I need another means of generating income. So, I'm ready to test my abilities. smiley

Thank you for reaching back to me but unfortunately, I am not looking for a writer anymore.
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
KaBabs1:

Thank you for reaching back to me but unfortunately, I am not looking for a writer anymore.
k bro
Re: I Wish I Never Met The Man by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
cc.. Lalasticlala. Hopefully, people can learn a lesson or two from what I passed through.

(1) (Reply)

10 Young Nigerian Poets You Should Be Reading In 2017. / Nine Years Ago. . . / HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.