Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari (8084 Views)

Buhari's First Day In Office As Military Head Of State 1983 / Protesting Youths Boo, Stone Ortom As Military Battle Protests In Benue / Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by zakim(m): 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2016
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA-President Muhammadu Buhari Wednesday recalled with nostalgia his days in the Nigerian Army, saying that they were characterized by war, coups and counter-coups. He said that as a young military officer, there was no time for academic pursuits.

He therefore commended the leadership of the present Nigerian military for the intellectual transformation of the officer corps.

The president who spoke at a ceremony for the decoration of two senior officers, Air- Vice Marshal Sadiq Ismaila Kaita, the Commander of the Presidential Air Fleet (PAF) and Colonel Mohammed Lawal Abubakar, his Aide-De-Camp (ADC), working closely with him at the State House said that modern armies required superiority of intellect and imagination to achieve victory in warfare.

He expressed happiness that newly-promoted officers had acquired a “dazzling array of university degrees”

The president however, urged all officers to ensuree the translation of academic achievements to performance in the field and other places of assignment.

“I am happy with the intellectual approach of the military. In our time, there was no time for academic pursuit. It was all about war, coups and counter-coups,” he noted.

President Buhari said in times of peace and stability, military officers should use such opportunity to pursue their intellectual transformation which should go side-by-side with hardware transformation of modern armies.

The President urged officers to read History, irrespective of their academic backgrounds, describing it as an important pre-requisite for strategic learning and success in the military.

He emphasized that the good quality of the officer corps of the Nigerian Military called for good performance.

President Buhari congratulated both officers on their various achievements in their services and urged them to always be mindful of the welfare of those placed under their command.

Both Air Vice-Marshal Kaita and Colonel Abubakar have, prior to their current assignments, served the country in peace-keeping missions abroad and are married with families.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/wars-coups-counter-coups-dominated-my-time-as-military-officer-buhari/

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by mykeljosef: 11:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
FTC oooo

lala where is my bonus ooo

back to bubu he now decided to did a coup on our economy

kwantinu

13 Likes

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by AllTheWayUp: 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
grin grin grin

Buhari the dullard keep quiet and fix the Economy

11 Likes

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by freeze001(f): 11:28pm On Dec 14, 2016
Even after he left, he was still occupied with cattle coups and rustling wars, he still had no time for intellectual pursuits and so of course, university degrees would be dazzling to him!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by DaBullIT(m): 2:37am On Dec 15, 2016
Because he signed $2.1 for campaign and instructed Denziani to thief $20B grin grin grin grin grin

mykeljosef:
n now u did a coup on our economy

3 Likes

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by morbeta(m): 3:38am On Dec 15, 2016
Buhari is always dwelling on psst time paradise., spending most of his tenure leaving in past time paradise.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by Nobody: 3:54am On Dec 15, 2016
No time for academic pursuit in ur military days, buhari left power since 1985 so he is saying even after he left power there was no time to engage himself academically because he was planning a counter coup or was engaged in war. I don't understand

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 4:11am On Dec 15, 2016
This man doesn't have shame ooh if this is the best excuse he could come up with, so what stopped you afterwards? There was coup and war going on inside your head abi?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by greatgod2012(f): 5:09am On Dec 15, 2016
PMB: Always giving excuses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by Sweetguy25: 6:53am On Dec 15, 2016
Useless man.

1 Like

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by three: 8:52am On Dec 15, 2016
zakim:
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

“I am happy with the intellectual approach of the military. In our time, there was no time for academic pursuit. It was all about war, coups and counter-coups,”

The import of this statement is sadder than it is funny

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by richidinho(m): 8:57am On Dec 15, 2016
Ladies and gentlemen very soon the truth will surface

#BUHARIHASNOCERTIFICATE

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by veekid(m): 8:57am On Dec 15, 2016
To find excuse no dey hard for buhari; Walai!
Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 15, 2016
That is why OBJ said you are expert on warfare but totally clueless on economic matters

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by Atiku2019: 9:03am On Dec 15, 2016
Observing.........

2 Likes

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by elitejosef: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2016
Who u help en
Buhari who u help
Busy with fighting wath I don't know and we're all dying gradually

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by wadetaw202: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2016
And he was part of the coup
I guess he is using the medium to tell us why he is such an incompetent president.

1 Like

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by valx2: 9:10am On Dec 15, 2016
NKITA MAZI CHINAKWE! Now it's dominated by Hunger, suffering, bloodbath, dry bones(this one na your favorite).

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by b3llo(m): 9:10am On Dec 15, 2016
CONGRATULATIONS OFFICERS
Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by AnodaIT(m): 9:11am On Dec 15, 2016
That's not an excuse for the backwardness of Nigerian Army. US Army pursue education more during war time, having specialized arm for research and technology.

For nigeria, na to stand for road dey do police boy boy job

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by Bubutek: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2016
Buhari is a great leader
Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by victorazy(m): 9:12am On Dec 15, 2016
Just like suffering, poverty and winch hunting is occupying this one.

2 Likes

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by Mopolchi: 9:14am On Dec 15, 2016
Now na hardships full am.

1 Like

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by Mopolchi: 9:16am On Dec 15, 2016
Atiku2019:
Observing.........
What are you observing? You no go near that seat.
Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by MakeWeTalk: 9:18am On Dec 15, 2016
Now na cows dey dominate ur time

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by victorazy(m): 9:18am On Dec 15, 2016
Atiku2019:
Observing.........

These MODs never ban this guy for these adverts but they can ban me for 2months for doing nothing but saying the truth against this government. God is watching you ppl. cry

2 Likes

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by ajbf: 9:19am On Dec 15, 2016
G
Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by WizBLANCE(m): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2016
Really? Ok. How can you lead us out of recession?
Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by Mujaheeeden: 9:19am On Dec 15, 2016
Buhari the failure has spoken
Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by Atiku2019: 9:21am On Dec 15, 2016
victorazy:

These MODs never ban this guy for these advert but they can ban me for 2months for doing nothing. God is watching you ppl. cry

grin grin This is not against NL rules

1 Like

Re: Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari by fortunechy(m): 9:21am On Dec 15, 2016
You're broke and unemployed but busy saying girls are "gold diggers" What are they digging on you exactly ??. Dust

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enyimba Industrial City: Abia Seeks Presidential Approval / Aregbesola's Shameless Campaign Pictures / Sheriff Overrules Suspension Of Party Members In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.