Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians (50912 Views)

MMM Posts Christmas Greeting. Angry Participants React (Photos) / MMM Nigeria This Is How MMM Zimbabwe Crashed. / CNN Makes Fun Of Nigerians For Still Believing In MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by valdovas(m): 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2016
I hate the very fact that I have to wade into this MMM talk. For starters, I did NOT participate in the MMM scheme, even though I understood their business model.

My sole reason for commenting on this, is the annoying self-righteous, high-horse, whitewash talk coming from people. You hear people arrogantly declaring how the scheme was horrible and stupid, insulting those who participated, and aiming thinly veiled mockery at them.

My questions is this, to what end? I mean, for what purpose? Check well and you'll see all the warnings came from either of these 3 sets of people:

1. The angry: This set of people are actually comfortable in life, and somehow are bitter that some people of lower financial estates had the guts to want to change their financial fortune. Almost 40% fall in this category, and involves the banks who are angry that their fixed deposit customers are running away; the government people who actually would love to strike a deal with MMM for tax returns in exchange for legitimacy; and the plain wealthy people who just hate to see the poor feed himself.

2. The jealous: This set of people are usually not so comfortable financially, but are jealous that some of their peers and lower-downs had the balls to put their money in an unknown scheme in order to change their level financially. I don't know which percentage to quote, but considering the Nigerian factor, I'd say 50%. You know, from the jealous uncle, to the jealous landlord, to the jealous mates. The list is endless.

3. The sincere: This set of people actually care about the uncertainty of the MMM scheme, and their warnings are borne out of an honest desire not to see people lose their money. The banks, the government, and some religious people are sure not here. This is the 10% group. Bless them.

There's another group that I don't even know where to place them. The Religious Group. They say God told them that people who invested in MMM had their names struck out of the Book of Life. Liars they are. God told them nothing! And they would not go unpunished after using God's name in vain.

It is sinful to desire to see the downfall of others so you can say, "I told you". That's Satan's way of doing things, not God. Never God.

Furthermore, there are several reasons for feeling restrained from participating in anything. It could be God, your spirit, level of exposure, experience, etc. As a believer, please, if you aren't sure of which, do not pin an unrelated scripture to it and say "God said..." Rather, tell the truth and leave it at that.

Finally, I hope the scheme comes up in January -- it should actually -- so that people can pull their money.

Writer: Eke Diligence.

209 Likes 24 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by valdovas(m): 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
The number two types of people are very many on Nairaland.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Hiploko(m): 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
Very stupid anti-MMM people...

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by valdovas(m): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hiploko:
Very stupid anti-MMM people...
No mind them. Rejoicing because they think people have lost money

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Hiploko(m): 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
valdovas:
No mind them. Rejoicing because they think people have lost money
my dear. The worst is over. January is around the corner

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Seun(m): 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2016
valdovas:
Finally, I hope the scheme comes up in January -- it should actually -- so that people can pull their money.
But their money is not in MMM. Their money has been given away to participants who joined MMM earlier than them, including the organizers of MMM and the top guiders who withdrew millions just before MMM crashed. The money you see when you log into the MMM website does not exist anywhere. It's not in any bank account. It's just numbers on a computer, which is no better than your likes on Nairaland. If MMM is reactivated in January, everyone will immediately try to get help and and it won't work because nobody would be stupid enough to provide help.

381 Likes 71 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by WebSurfer(m): 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2016
MOst Nigerians are really very ignorant and at thesame time ST-UPID

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Hiploko(m): 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:

But their money is not in MMM. Their money has been given a way to participants who joined MMM earlier than them, including the organizers of MMM and the top guiders who withdrew millions just before MMM crashed. The money you see when you log into the MMM website does not exist anywhere. It's not in any bank account. It's just numbers on a computer, which is no better than your likes on Nairaland. If MMM is reactivated in January, people will immediately try to get help and and it won't work because nobody would be stupid enough to provide help.
keep quiet... You think you know something when you don't.. Minutes of the last guiders meeting stated they are fully aware and are creating a new GH system to handle that... Now vamoose!

52 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by valdovas(m): 12:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:

But their money is not in MMM. Their money has been given a way to participants who joined MMM earlier than them, including the organizers of MMM and the top guiders who withdrew millions just before MMM crashed. The money you see when you log into the MMM website does not exist anywhere. It's not in any bank account. It's just a numbers on a computer, which is no better than your likes on Nairaland. If MMM is reactivated in January, people will immediately try to get help and and it won't work because nobody would be stupid enough to provide help.

I know many ordinary participants and guiders that have pledged to provide help on the site even before the temporary freeze and their pledge is still upstanding on the site even when they can easily withdraw it and cancel it.

Personally I will provide help to others, no matter how small, God wiling, because I don't want to see people lose money.

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by valdovas(m): 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:

But their money is not in MMM. Their money has been given a way to participants who joined MMM earlier than them, including the organizers of MMM and the top guiders who withdrew millions just before MMM crashed. The money you see when you log into the MMM website does not exist anywhere. It's not in any bank account. It's just numbers on a computer, which is no better than your likes on Nairaland. If MMM is reactivated in January, everyone will immediately try to get help and and it won't work because nobody would be stupid enough to provide help.

Even on my MMM whatsapp group many people have faith in the system and are talking of providing help in January.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by shakaz(m): 12:47pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hiploko:
keep quiet... You think you know something when you don't.. Minutes of the last guiders meeting stated they are fully aware and are creating a new GH system to handle that... Now vamoose!
a system to handle what? Human behaviour? Please mister, man's natural instinct would prompt everyone to want to GH out of fear of losing their money.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Seun(m): 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
valdovas:
I know many ordinary participants and guiders that have pledged to provide help on the site even before the temporary freeze and their pledge is still upstanding on the site even when they can easily withdraw it and cancel it.

valdovas:
Even on my MMM whatsapp group many people have faith in the system and are talking of providing help in January.

Making pledges and talking about providing help is nothing. Talk is cheap! When it's time to actually transfer the money, they won't be able to do it. Some people who made profits because they joined early might risk a fraction of their profits, but it won't be enough to save MMM.

140 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by ekanDamie: 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2016
I stopped in early November cos I would have been stupid to pledge in december
people like me also affected the system cos if we pledged the PH would have Rose up

but I was not overly scared of it crashing as to why I did not provide help. crashing is inevitable for MMM cos they spent people's money too much to prove a point that MMM is here to stay.
d real reason I stopped was guilty conscience. that wen MMM finally crashes,all my proceeds will be from new people who obviously may b broke and just wanna help themselves. I gained only 80k from MMM in 2 months.

please, if u are stranded now as a result of d 80k I collected, please forgive me, it's just that,there is no one in particular I can ever return the money to.

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by iykedare(m): 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2016
Even if it comes back, people would no longer have faith in it. That would be the beginning of its eternal damnation in Nigeria.

MMM won't be that daft to return. They need your money. grin angry

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by BIGTinfotech: 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2016
Must every headline be about MMM?
When Guiders and participants were building houses and buying latest cars, it didn't appear on front page.

Why the beefs?

13 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Mrnoniz(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2016
grin

13 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by kingphilip(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2016
Nigerians have always been that way but it's a pity you're just discovering it just now

people who aren't happy about progress are there to laugh at your setback but it is the you in you to rise above the situation in order to prove them wrong

its really left to the MMM participants to pick themselves up, dust off the loss and move on because it has happened and there's nothing that can be done about it

6 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by emmanuel596(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2016
I just want to know why nairaland and it's moderators are soo quick to push anything that discredits mmm to front page...come January 15 we will get the real truth so I advice all mavrodians to exercise patience and if you are not on mmm please mind your business....it wasn't your money that was invested so allow us do the crying and wailing after January 15

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by soldierdollar(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2016
valdovas:
I hate the very fact that I have to wade into this MMM talk. For starters, I did NOT participate in the MMM scheme, even though I understood their business model.

My sole reason for commenting on this, is the annoying self-righteous, high-horse, whitewash talk coming from people. You hear people arrogantly declaring how the scheme was horrible and stupid, insulting those who participated, and aiming thinly veiled mockery at them.

My questions is this, to what end? I mean, for what purpose? Check well and you'll see all the warnings came from either of these 3 sets of people:

1. The angry: This set of people are actually comfortable in life, and somehow are bitter that some people of lower financial estates had the guts to want to change their financial fortune. Almost 40% fall in this category, and involves the banks who are angry that their fixed deposit customers are running away; the government people who actually would love to strike a deal with MMM for tax returns in exchange for legitimacy; and the plain wealthy people who just hate to see the poor feed himself.

2. The jealous: This set of people are usually not so comfortable financially, but are jealous that some of their peers and lower-downs had the balls to put their money in an unknown scheme in order to change their level financially. I don't know which percentage to quote, but considering the Nigerian factor, I'd say 50%. You know, from the jealous uncle, to the jealous landlord, to the jealous mates. The list is endless.

3. The sincere: This set of people actually care about the uncertainty of the MMM scheme, and their warnings are borne out of an honest desire not to see people lose their money. The banks, the government, and some religious people are sure not here. This is the 10% group. Bless them.

There's another group that I don't even know where to place them. The Religious Group. They say God told them that people who invested in MMM had their names struck out of the Book of Life. Liars they are. God told them nothing! And they would not go unpunished after using God's name in vain.

It is sinful to desire to see the downfall of others so you can say, "I told you". That's Satan's way of doing things, not God. Never God.

Furthermore, there are several reasons for feeling restrained from participating in anything. It could be God, your spirit, level of exposure, experience, etc. As a believer, please, if you aren't sure of which, do not pin an unrelated scripture to it and say "God said..." Rather, tell the truth and leave it at that.

Writer: Eke Diligence.

It still beats my imagination as how our so-called enlightened youths are so ignorant about the modus operandi of Ponzi schemes. ( Enlighten yourself more >>https://www.nairaland.com/3517058/why-think-mmm-not-helping)

Quoting the scripture wrongly is the height of misinformation! What more downfall are you encouraging than the downfall of those who will lose when the scheme finally crashes ?

This is the height of selfishness, wickedness and ignorance of how Ponzi schemes operate ! You want people to pull out come January ? Who will pay the pullers ? Ghosts ? Are you now aware that the payers of the pullers will be the losers ? Are the losers Gona be smiling ? If no.... How has the scheme helped them ?

I see most defenders of MMM as ignorant and selfish. Op has really set precedence grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Naughtytboy: 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
I swear quote my by January,, dx thing is dead and buried we actually did the burial last night,, iam Icansing,, u banned me because of my campaign against this fraud,, now am back again with another account,, ban me i will show up again

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by mumumugu(m): 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
mmm was definitely going to fall someday. Has it fallen? Not yet officially suspended
the threat by cbn and efcc caused a lot of panic in the system coupled with the recent nigeria mentality of wanting money for xmas flexing hastened the get help and reduced the provide help which led to imbalance in the system and catalysed the mavro freezing much earlier

it would take a lot of magical expertice on the part of the management to maintain balance because the panic has led to low trust among would be ph.

Time would tell
remember mmm said..use ur spare money.
Mmm is a game. Sometimes you loose. Sometimes you win. A game player plays wisely

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
I am number 3.
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by helinues: 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
na una no no no the real meaning of MMM

Moku Mogbe Modaran (MMM)

if you no understand any of the word, no bother to know cos na bad thing

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Tanko123: 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
This spells stupidity. Mmm is a time bomb if it crashed early it is better for everyone. There is a criminal taking large chunks of money from the less informed and you all write rubbish to support it. Wake up

26 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by DropShot: 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
I can boldly say I belong in the third group.

I was taught a bitter lesson with the wonder banks of 2006/2007 and 2008.

So, my criticism and warning is very sincere.

Seun:

But their money is not in MMM. Their money has been given away to participants who joined MMM earlier than them, including the organizers of MMM and the top guiders who withdrew millions just before MMM crashed. The money you see when you log into the MMM website does not exist anywhere. It's not in any bank account. It's just numbers on a computer, which is no better than your likes on Nairaland. If MMM is reactivated in January, everyone will immediately try to get help and and it won't work because nobody would be stupid enough to provide help.
The "which is no better than your likes on Nairaland" got me cracked up.

So, you know our "likes" are really worthless?

Please do something about this situation. grin

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by clems88(m): 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
Enemies of mmm every where. I wonder why non participants are drinking panadol for other peoples headache.

As far as I'm concerned I opened another account yesday. If bad belles like they should keep castigating . nothing's gonna change my love for Darling mmm grin cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by gift01: 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
Nairaland! we are tired of mmm news...haba...what if they bounce back soon

1 Like

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Darkseid(m): 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
I fall under the second category, not because I don't want people to progress but because I hate laziness and idleness.
When I see people working hard and making money, I praise and commend them not the ones who borrow money to do MMM and then sit in their houses doing nothing.
If these schemes are allowed to continue, it will affect the economy negatively; I don't think anybody will want to work for a month and earn 30k as salary when they can sit at home and get that same 30k doing nothing.
If every petty trader decides to leave their businesses to partake in these schemes, then I wonder who would be left to sell petty things.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by dreezybines: 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
I dont even know what to type about this Opis story...

But i just know if this MMM rubbish should crash I go too laugh some of my padis...

The MMM rubbish is making some people lazy...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by IAmOged(f): 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2016

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Mistake Was December Frozen #MMM / 10 Questions For MMM Subscribers (Mavrodians) / The Truth About MMM (Video By Adeola Fayehun)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.