Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Hotel Jobs Vacancies - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hotel Jobs Vacancies (10343 Views)

Hotel Jobs At Ajah / Trump International Hotel Jobs / ROOM FOR HOTEL JOBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
iyisco2001:
am just wondering why maintenance supervisors are also invited for test.
is it not an experienced position again?

Yes sir, its an open invite and our test helped us sieve through the crowd of applicants as it is impractical to talk to everyone.
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2017
johnime:
dem don employ since e remain hm

No. we are not done. still interviewing prospects for related positions.
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2017
johnime:
when would you invite hotelmanagers?

Managers were invited and we have spoken with attendees.
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 12:55pm On Feb 13, 2017
we have reopened our search for maintenance executives..kindly feel free to apply IF you qualify.

JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE EXECUTIVE
JOB BRIEF
We are looking for a competent Maintenance Executive to work with our facilities manager in running our facilities.
A maintenance Executive should be reliable and have a great eye for detail. You should have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing etc. Leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as scheduling are also essential.
The goal is to ensure that facilities are in a good and safe condition at all times.
He ensures and maintains an encouraging working relationship with guests and other staff members.
Hotel maintenance executive will be responsible for managing the maintenance, replacement or repairs of hotel equipment in particular mechanical equipment like Generators and water pumps.
The Maintenance Executive will be in charge of building maintenance activities involving maintenance of ice machines, TVs, Fridges, Air conditioners, fitness rooms, hot tubs, saunas, swimming pool, generators, switch rooms, water systems, driveways, sidewalks and parking lots, and ensures that each activity is reported to the appropriate manager in authority.
The maintenance technician will also be required to perform annual, quarterly, and monthly preventative maintenance activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Keep all mechanical areas in a neat and orderly condition.
• Make sure the generators never run out of fuel.
• Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
• Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
• Recruit, supervise and train maintenance technicians
• Hire and supervise tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance (electricians, plumbers etc.)
• Inspect and maintain building systems (heating, ventilation etc.)
• Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
• Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
• Participate in coordination of projects (e.g. renovations)
• Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
• Offer maintenance and repairs to public areas, guestrooms and administrators office buildings.
• Carry out consistent preventive maintenance programs on rooms and regularly updates records on files.
• Guarantee that projects are all promptly accomplished and in line with appropriate specifications.
• Work together with the front office manager and housekeeper, and connects with the manager to discuss any aspect of operations which will involve the maintenance department.
• Carry out assessment of requirements for completion of reports, or work orders to the management as stated by standard procedures.
• Engage in flexible work schedules to be able to perform well during emergencies.
• Assist in remodeling and construction of new projects as may be required.

Candidate Requirements
• An OND or vocational training certificate in mechanical, plumbing, architectural or electronics fields with two years (or more) practical and theoretical experience in maintenance.
• Exhibit advanced dexterity in understanding of all computer and engineering programs related to energy management and preventative maintenance; and devices that are connected with such programs.
• Pleasant demeanor with ability to smile.
• Ability to handle internal and external clients with high degree of tolerance, diplomacy, and tact.
• Ability to kneel, bend, carry, walk, stoop, climb, and lift items, in addition to possessing manual skills.
• Commendable ability to manage stressful working situations.
• Proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
• Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
• Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
• Understanding of budgeting and performance management
• Excellent planning and leadership abilities
• An eye for detail
• Computer savvy
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus

HOW TO APPLY
interested applicants should forward copy of their Resume to info@firstcolonycreek.com with the position title as the subject of your mail. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Prospective candidates must be available and willing to commence work immediately
Only application submitted in the required format will be considered
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline February 18, 2017.
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2017
P.S.

Applicants should be resident in LAGOS please.
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by johnime: 3:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
i LAUGH iN Chinese.....................................
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
johnime:
i LAUGH iN Chinese.....................................

Nice one Sir, Mandarin is a major language in our world today.
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 12:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
Dear All,

Thank you for your response and applications.

we are grateful. we will update pictures of our progress and our expected opening party pictures by the Easter weekend of 2017.

kind regards

1 Like

Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by johnime: 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by CuteMorriz: 8:06am On Feb 26, 2017
Nautillus:
Dear All,

Thank you for your response and applications.

we are grateful. we will update pictures of our progress and our expected opening party pictures by the Easter weekend of 2017.

kind regards
Have you contacted successful candidates after the Feb 10 interview..?

1 Like

Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Sunnyonyex: 9:57am On Feb 27, 2017
Am a holder of the Advanced national business certificate (Ond equivalent) in financial management with 4years grounded experience in Transport management as a transport/logistic manager and 3years experience in hotel management as hotel restaurant supervisor/manager.
I reside in fct Abuja. Need a job, willing to work in any capacity/location. I will appreciate a helping heart. Please reach me on 0 8 1 8 1 1 1 8 9 1 9
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by chccho(m): 8:35pm On Feb 27, 2017
Didn't know this hotel is also in magodo/shagisha

I attended an interview for Hotel manager at first colony creek opebi in January.
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by ifedayo2015: 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2017
I was shortlisted for the interview on the 11th and up till now I av still not heard anything from colony...has operation started in the hotel and has some people been employed?
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 11:52am On Feb 28, 2017
ifedayo2015:
I was shortlisted for the interview on the 11th and up till now I av still not heard anything from colony...has operation started in the hotel and has some people been employed?

Hello Ifedayo, we are reaching out to every attendee and if you participated, you will surely be contacted.

regards

1 Like

Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 11:54am On Feb 28, 2017
JOB TITLE: HEAD COOK
Basic Job Description:

Direct the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods. May plan and price menu items, order supplies, and keep records and accounts. He or she not only has to be able to cook food and lead a team of kitchen workers but also has to figure out how much food will be needed for the week and order food and supplies. Yes, that means there will be a little Arithmetic involved.
Job Purpose
As the person responsible for all kitchen produce, to co-ordinate the distribution of tasks amongst his or her teams ensuring that the work progresses as it should within the time available. To prepare all the menus in co-operation with the Lounge Manager and check customer satisfaction levels by exercising a presence in the Lounge at meal times.

Key Responsibilities
• To ensure that production is correctly executed and that products comply with the technical sheets
• To ensure the quality levels of products and services
• To manage his or her staff: training, motivating and structuring the team. He or she also ensures a good working atmosphere
• To provide rigorous management: controlling raw material stocks, especially in terms of their cost

Entry Requirements Skills

• Cooking skills: the ability to adapt your cooking style to your local environment
• Using the Windows environment
• The ability to manage a profit centre: stock, cost prices, orders etc
• The ability to manage a team: supervision, training, motivation, delegation
• Self-control
• Team leadership
• Good relationship skills
• Organisation and thoroughness
• Creativity
• Teaching skills
• Physical and mental resilience

Qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years professional cooking experience in a hotel/ Restaurant etc.
• A degree in F&B management is an advantage.
• Must be dual-skilled as manager and chef
• Significant previous experience of managing a team in a similar environment

HOW TO APPLY

interested applicants should forward copy of their Resume to info@firstcolonycreek.com with the position title as the subject of your mail. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Prospective candidates must be available and willing to commence work immediately
only application submitted in the required format will be considered
only short listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 10th March, 2017.
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by ifedayo2015: 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hi Nautillus... When will First colony creek hotel start operation
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 11:08am On Mar 01, 2017
chccho:
Didn't know this hotel is also in magodo/shagisha

I attended an interview for Hotel manager at first colony creek opebi in January.

Hello chccho... We do not have another outlet yet. if you were invited to/attended any venue outside our SHANGISHA/ MOGODO outlet, is at your own risk sir. all our invite (text & email) always brings our invitees to our premises.

kind regards
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 11:10am On Mar 01, 2017
ifedayo2015:
Hi Nautillus... When will First colony creek hotel start operation

1st of April 2017 ma.

1 Like

Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by CuteMorriz: 11:31am On Mar 01, 2017
Nautillus:

1st of April 2017 ma.
thank you very much for taking out time to answer and clarify. Please when will you start contacting successful candidates that scaled through the interview? Or have they been contacted?
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by zealousB(m): 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
Biodunkuye:

Pls from ikeja along how do I locate the address which is at ikosi magodo.i was scheduled for 2nd of Feb.thanks

Simply find your way to ketu Bustop,alight at the bustop and cross to the other side,then take a bike to the street where the hotel is located(end of the street) All the best. Note please take a bike and call the full name of the street to the bike man sometimes those lads can act funny.
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by chccho(m): 3:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nautillus:

Hello chccho... We do not have another outlet yet. if you were invited to/attended any venue outside our SHANGISHA/ MOGODO outlet, is at your own risk sir. all our invite (text & email) always brings our invitees to our premises.

kind regards
Thanks for that update,that was a mix up from my own end..pls can I still forward my application for Hotel manager? I have up to 5yrs working experience in the hotel operations & management.
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 1:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
CuteMorriz:
thank you very much for taking out time to answer and clarify. Please when will you start contacting successful candidates that scaled through the interview? Or have they been contacted?

the HR team is on it. i'm quite surprised that you haven't been contacted yet.
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2017
chccho:

Thanks for that update,that was a mix up from my own end..pls can I still forward my application for Hotel manager? I have up to 5yrs working experience in the hotel operations & management.

Sorry chccho,

We have concluded on the managers role.
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by ifedayo2015: 8:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
Hello nauticus...are u saying that manager's has been contacted and employed??if yes I was interviewed on the 11th and u said that since I was invited for interview j will surely be contacted for employment ....BT I av not received any....as a matter of fact I have given the management at my place of work 2wks resignation notice.... Pls kindly help me check if I will employed....my name is mantey oluwaremilekun David...thanks
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by ifedayo2015: 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hi nautillus... Pls respond to my earlier message post...thanks
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
ifedayo2015:
Hello nauticus...are u saying that manager's has been contacted and employed??if yes I was interviewed on the 11th and u said that since I was invited for interview j will surely be contacted for employment ....BT I av not received any....as a matter of fact I have given the management at my place of work 2wks resignation notice.... Pls kindly help me check if I will employed....my name is mantey oluwaremilekun David...thanks

Hello Ifedayo,

i am a bit confused by your message. are you saying that you have RESIGNED from your present job after attending a new prospect INTERVIEW session? seriously?

Meanwhile, if i may ask...(for information sake) what position did you apply for and what was said to you at your interview about the role you would play at the hotel IF YOU ARE eventually selected?
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by ifedayo2015: 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2017
Hi.Nautilus...I av not resigned BT I was asked at the interview if I am employed how I intend to leave my present place of work and I responded that I will give a 3wks resignation in lieu notice before joining the first creek colony hotel team...I was asked questions relating to hotel management cos I applied for the post of a manager...my question is that will i still be contacted after the interview Or candidates have been employed already....though I intend showing up at the hotel on Friday to ask of updates from the HR since o sent a mail to her and there's no response.. So what do u think?
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by Nautillus(m): 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
ifedayo2015:
Hi.Nautilus...I av not resigned BT I was asked at the interview if I am employed how I intend to leave my present place of work and I responded that I will give a 3wks resignation in lieu notice before joining the first creek colony hotel team...I was asked questions relating to hotel management cos I applied for the post of a manager...my question is that will i still be contacted after the interview Or candidates have been employed already....though I intend showing up at the hotel on Friday to ask of updates from the HR since o sent a mail to her and there's no response.. So what do u think?

Hello Ifedayo, i can tell you for free here that the GM of First Colony Creek hotel has been hired already. Just like you, he too was invited and spoken too. i guess his hospitality experience and whatever thing the board saw in him made them choose him. i have spoken to the Head of HR and she said she remembers you ( the man from UAC...right?) anyway, like she said, you where never considered for the GM position, however, she said you are penciled down for a SUPERVISORY position (amongst other prospective candidates) and when a decision is taken...you all will be contacted.

Well, you can do that ...im sure if she is in she would attend to you.

cheers bro and good luck.

P.S. never resign from your present job until you have the next in the bag...(especially in a recession )
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by ifedayo2015: 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2017
Thanks yea...from Uac....thank God I still have hope since my name is pencilled down for supervisory post...hopefully shld be contacted soon
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by obask(m): 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
@Nautillus- Sir, Pls I will like to ask about update related to the role of Facility Manager, I was also interview but yet to get any update info since then.
Thanks alot
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by ifedayo2015: 7:39am On Mar 11, 2017
Hi....Nautilus...any updates yet??
Re: Hotel Jobs Vacancies by SSpeter(m): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2017
ifedayo2015:
Hi....Nautilus...any updates yet??
I know someone who has been contacted for a supervisory role and other positions. I think they have all been contacted because Nautilus said they will open for business April first! So I think if you have not been contacted yet...may you should move on...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graduate Retail Sales Analyst At CardinalStone / Work At Home Taking Survey (IMPORTANT UPDATE) / Ministry Of Justice Recrui

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.