Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why (33107 Views)

Fresh Move To Unseat Magu As EFCC Chairman Begins / Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman / Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by AreaFada2: 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2016
Onojanson:
He Is Performing By Refusing To Investigate Members Of This Government.

You nor surprise? In 9ja witch hunting the opposition is called "performing well". shocked shocked

With all the petitions against Amaechi and his cohorts in Buhari's cabinet, nothing done. With Buratai Dubai connections, same.

Na today?
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by Johnnyessence(m): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
this is where things are wrong in this country. if lawmakers are behaving this way in the government when will corruption destroy. a society or country that's full of corruption will never succeed. now they are not screening Magu again due to some flimsy excuses. I just know God is watching them. so far I haven't see any tangible development in saraki leadership. bukola is the bed rock of corruption and he's destroying the constitution more. the best solution is for the good people of kwara central to vote him out in 2019 general election. Corruption is fighting back in Nigeria.
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by precious1967(m): 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
magu is a grass under two elephants. re-present.
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by slivertongue: 4:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
A political solution maybe reached but his acting capacity should not be more than six months and after six months of non confirmation of his position a new appointee ought to take over but the provisions of the law is observed more in breach. The signal is not good for GMB its a danger sign, a sign that there is a great battle ahead but the battle is not with the opposition but inside his own party. i hope he acts wise. He cant afford more fights, he is yet to win the many he is involved in.
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by sapele914(m): 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
brightballer:
They have stung themselves all in the name of sidelining Tinubu.
Since baba can work with anyone in the senate, he should continue.
FIRST CLASS Mu.Mu.
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by brightballer(m): 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
sapele914:
FIRST CLASS Mu.Mu.
Pele oo, 3rd Class Mumuni.
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by Seriousboy: 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
Magu is been acting on behalf of his boss, Buhari and his family.
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by Hakeem3(m): 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
agabusta:
Magu is performing, this is a confirmation. He definitely has touched some nerves.

Na to remain in Acting Capacity na. Unserious Senators. Does confirming him mean he will earn more money??
they are just been scared of his capability when finally confirmed the chairman. they know he will include them sooner or later in his fight against corruption hence covering their asses by not confirming him..its so unfortunate undecided

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by mechanics(m): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2016
RollingStones:
Good decision. He should fight corruption completely irrespective of Parties involved.
In other news... ...Happening now... A young girl fainted in front of Genesis Fast
Food Restaurant.
I rushed to her aid and was shouting for water
water water!
She opened her eyes and gave me a hot slap.
Even called me a foolish boy, saying if i
needed water i would go and faint in front of
Water Corporation.
Go and get me Fried rice with Cold Juice.
#girls_nawaooo.
hahaha.
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by ABJ4Real(m): 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
Corruption furiously fighting back.
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by bashydemy(m): 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
agabusta:
Magu is performing, this is a confirmation. He definitely has touched some nerves.

Na to remain in Acting Capacity na. Unserious Senators. Does confirming him mean he will earn more money??

God bless you jare, He can continue in acting capacity and PMB also have the power to veto his appointment..

Those useless SINators are so useless..

Their rejection of Magu shows the is over qualify for the job..

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by bashydemy(m): 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
RollingStones:

Political Analyst please take it easy.
The Senate has more powers to do things to him and they just did one which is refusing to confirm him

But they have no power to remove him did you know that?
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by adanny01(m): 8:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
RollingStones:

Political Analyst please take it easy.
The Senate has more powers to do things to him and they just did one which is refusing to confirm him

Unfortunately, they have no power to remove him as acting chairman or appoint anybody else.

The president can still send back his name till they have no option or find concrete legal evidence of whatever is the reason the rejected him in the first place.

We all know their toes have been stepped on by him and that is their only reason.
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by berrystunn(m): 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
Mugu tell baba to confirm you..
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by Xeedorf: 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
i don't surprise with this.
If you're in their position will you allow your best enemy to come and manage your bank acct?.
i can only surprise if Pmb reject Magu aswel
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by Sinkills: 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
[quote author=Charly68 post=51953189]Indeed corruption is fighting back this Govt. What is the essence of their confirmation anyway ? Can somebody tell me..will that stop the presidency from using him as the head of that unit ..Let them keep ranting & playing power game as the man keeps doing his job without fear or favor. [/quote ]I just hope he is doing his job without fear or favour as you claim.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by economania(m): 9:59am On Feb 24, 2017
An old dog doesn't bark for nothing, a Yoruba man knows what MAGUN means.Our senators have deficiency syndrome of Maguphobia attack. The way to cure maguphobia is through pseudomagurejection therapy. Simple.
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by saintmark88(m): 10:14am On Feb 24, 2017
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

Save yourself the hand wringing angst, our legislators were only following recommendations from the DSS.

what stupid recommendation, recommendatiothat has been proven to have no substance...... If the President decided to renominate him, that earlier recommendation was quashed..... They have no reason this time... Let him state the security reasons why Magu can't be confirmed
Re: Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why by Eazybay(m): 11:45am On Feb 24, 2017
DropShot:
They are all jokers.

They will eventually realize they have no choice than to confirm him.

Last last, he continues to work in acting capacity which doesn't diminish his power.

The only difference will be that he serves as acting chairman of EFCC.

If I was Magu, now is the time to go after the corrupt senators big time without mercy.

The Senate has no power to do anything to him.

Well said, as an anti corruption czar, would u mind asking about the whereabouts of Ibrahim Lamorde Magu's predecessor/godfather who absconded with a trillion? Sometimes u guys think every1 has selective amnesia. The DSS is clearly involved in dis power play and if we keep dis up long enough, dollars would show up in Magu's residence

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Minimum Wage? - Nigerians Answer / VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike / Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.