Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? (2841 Views)

The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by segoye2(m): 10:09am On Jan 10, 2007
Heaven, hell or is he still alive?
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by Seun(m): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2007
Heaven, of course. Mass murderers like King David and Joshua are always close to God's heart!
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by candymozi(f): 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2007
how silly are u seun, he is in hell with muhammed
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by feelgood(m): 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2007
Wrong question sir. Rather, where are you headed for-Heaven or hell?
Debates on this concerning Saddam go nowhere. He has played his part for which he is receiving his just reward.
Tho u r a hero or well spoken of by pple- R u in God's good book?
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by feelgood(m): 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2007
Wrong question sir. Rather, where are you headed for-Heaven or hell?
Debates on this concerning Saddam go nowhere. He has played his part for which he is receiving his just reward.
Tho u r a hero or well spoken of by pple- R u in God's good book?
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by segoye2(m): 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2007
@ Feelgood,

Good comment but, does that mean that when one does evil in the sight of men, God might approve of him? I guess thats another topic entirely.

Consider this bible verse:-
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your father, who is in heaven. Matt. 5 vs 16.

Back to topic.
Where is Saddam? Heaven or Hell?
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by feelgood(m): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2007
@segoye
Why debate the destination of the dead? Shouldnt we rather like David (in Ps 139: 23,24) cry out 2 heaven:
Search me O God, and see if there be any wicked way in me, & lead me in the way everlasting.
God have mercy upon us 4 we r no better. Amen
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by feelgood(m): 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2007
@segoye
Why debate the destination of the dead? Shouldnt we rather like David (in Ps 139: 23,24) cry out 2 heaven:
Search me O God, and see if there be any wicked way in me, & lead me in the way everlasting.
God have mercy upon us 4 we r no better. Amen
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by Sista(f): 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2007
Saddam is neither in heaven nor hell. For those of you who really think God would let his people go to hell, you have a demented idea of God.

Saddam was born again some where else where he will get a chance to make up for this life time and the many other lifetimes he will screw up in, then and only then after he has made up, will God allow him into heaven, other than that, none of Gods creations go to hell.

Would you rather your child go to hell or would you rather give your child an eternal chance to make up for his or hers wrongs?
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by GeeCee(m): 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2007
tongue @Segoye, may be u shuld go and check Saddam's condition 4 us. It will serve a better purpose if u ask yourself where u stand.
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by Seun(m): 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2007
What if he was a man close to God's heart like David? Then all his murders will just be ignored!
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by feelgood(m): 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2007
Dear Seun, God hates and punishes evil-including murder even if u r a man after His heart. God is not partial.
David rcvd divine judgment 4 his wickedness 4 which he cried in repentance (Ps 51)
God also is merciful to a penitent sinner.
Isaiah 1: 18-20
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by trinigirl1(f): 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2007
@ Seun

David was not a mass murderer, he executed God's justice against a people who did not believe in the true God and worshipped false gods instead. They were enemies of God and His chosen people.

@ Sista

What physical proof do u have of this reincarnation theory?

Saddam is headed for hell, unfortunately
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by Seun(m): 12:17am On Jan 11, 2007
David was not a mass murderer, he executed God's justice against a people who did not believe in the true God and worshipped false gods instead. They were enemies of God and His chosen people.
In that case,
"Osama Bin laden was not a mass murderer either. He executed Allah's justice against people who did not believe in the true Allah and worshipped false Jesus instead. These Christians were enemies of God and his chosen people - the muslims."

Give me a break!! David and Joshua committed genocide.
They killed men, women and babies for belonging to the wrong tribe.
David killed 200 philistine men who did nothing to him in order to "pay" for his wife. And 'God' loved him for it.
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by TV01(m): 12:41am On Jan 11, 2007
Neither.
He's asleep like every other dead person, awaiting either the first or second ressurection.

Bible says.
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by mazaje(m): 12:44am On Jan 11, 2007
why should u be talking about where the dead might be?the answer is no one knows.
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by Sista(f): 12:44am On Jan 11, 2007
@Trini girl

@ Sista

What physical proof do u have of this reincarnation theory?

Saddam is headed for hell, unfortunately

May I ask you a question, what takes place in hell for the people who go to hell?

Also, by the way, what physical proof do you have of hell?
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by shahan(f): 12:49am On Jan 11, 2007
Seun:

David killed 200 philistine men who did nothing to him in order to "pay" for his wife. And 'God' loved him for it.

Hi Seun,

Please could you provide me with a reference for that claim so we could just see your context. TY.
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by angelz(f): 9:03am On Jan 11, 2007
None of d above. Saddam heads neida 2 hell or heavn, he's body is in his grave, while his breathe has returnd 2 D MOST HIGH wu gave it.
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by trinigirl1(f): 9:08am On Jan 11, 2007
Welll Seun,  genocide by definition is  the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group, so I wouldn't call it genocide.

I am not saying that I don't have my own questions as to why there were so many tribal wars, but it would seem that God allowed it so that his people can dwell in lands that are rightfully theirs and to defend his glory. He was a God of judgment ,  these people also defied God and went their own way ,  worshipping idols, practising witchcraft etc ,  God is a jealous God.

His presence was in ark of the covenant, and his people chosen by him.  All other gods were false.

But in my opinion, at that point God was not as empathic until after Jesus resurrection. Maybe that's why he was such a strict and sometimes mean God. He didn't know what it was like to be human.

But Jesus does, he now knows our weaknesses, he knows how we struggle and what we feel because he was human himself.  

So now he can mediate on our behalf, and beg for mercy because of grace, instead of judgment.

Now we only know in part, but when he returns we will know fully, even as we are fully known.
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by trinigirl1(f): 9:14am On Jan 11, 2007
Seun:

Are you talking about Bathsheba here? Where he sent her husband to the front line to die?

If so he was severely rebuked by God for this, and he paid with the life of his first born.

God does not love sin, he loves us , and David in spite of his human failings, always sought after God's heart, to be closer to him, to worship him and to obey him in all things. That's why God loved him, not because of the wrong things he did but because of his attitude of worship and obedience.
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by islampride(m): 9:46am On Jan 11, 2007
this bitter cnady of a thang!!do u think at all?insteadof u to get down nd learn bout ur scarred up faith, u r saying someoe who died from the oppression of ur profenitors is going to hell.Saddam insha Allaah should be in paradise while if u die like this, u languish 4ever in hell.
he might have beena bad man from the start, but he mend his ways and he died as a successful man, he was muslim, u r not a muslim, even if u r as "holy" as mother theresa or pope john paul, u ll be in hell if u r a non muslim. a sinful muslim gets punished for his sins, but wont be in hell 4ever.
So get ur silly azz on,
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by trinigirl1(f): 10:09am On Jan 11, 2007
islampride:

this bitter cnady of a thang!!do u think at all?insteadof u to get down nd learn bout your scarred up faith, you're saying someoe who died from the oppression of your profenitors is going to hell.Saddam insha Allaah should be in paradise while if u die like this, u languish 4ever in hell.
he might have beena bad man from the start, but he mend his ways and he died as a successful man, he was muslim, you're not a muslim, even if you're as "holy" as mother theresa or pope john paul, u ll be in hell if you're a non muslim. a sinful muslim gets punished for his sins, but wont be in hell 4ever.
So get your silly azz on,

Meanlingless rantings aside, I assume u meant PROGENITOR? How did this evil dictator mend his ways exactly , he was unremorseful to his bitter end. His soul will sizzle in hell for eternity , too late for him.
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by Seun(m): 10:19am On Jan 11, 2007
Are you talking about Bathsheba here? Where he sent her husband to the front line to die?
I'm talking about when Saul asked him to bring 200 foreskins to pay for his wife, Saul's daughter.
He killed 200 Philistines to get the foreskins, and God was not bothered about the brutal act.

I'm going to open a new thread for a comprehensive study of "human right violations in the bible". cool
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by trinigirl1(f): 10:45am On Jan 11, 2007
Eyaaa , a thread for that , all that focus on old testament teaching. sad

Shouldn't we focus on the good news of the new testament instead? What you consider human rights violation God considered justice.

Philistines! Ha , they hated God's chosen people and mocked God daily. Case in point , Goliath

On second thought, perhaps it would be good to re-visit the old testament and try to figure out what God was thinking to answer your questions.

And a further thread that answers "if God exists, why are so many bad things happening in the world." smiley

That will definitely help u believe in God again , I hope undecided
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by islampride(m): 11:08am On Jan 11, 2007
TRINI, U SO LILY LIVERED THAT U CONSIDER HIS NON SUBMISSION TO THE INVADING CRUSADERS THAT NURTURE U ALL AS NOT BEING REPENTANT.and for God sake what did he do that ur born again methodist peace man, Bush hasnt done worse?
he crushed a rebellion, what any real leader that s worth his stuff will do.
u wait and see. the worst believers r always better than the best disbelievers
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by Seun(m): 11:10am On Jan 11, 2007
God is the same yesterday, today and forever. What he did in the old testament remains in his record!
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by feelgood(m): 11:13am On Jan 11, 2007
Seun, all wickedness bothers God. Dont know where u got ur info from, david sure reaped wot he sowed eventually; but then I suppose we shd wait 4 ur new thread. Would be interesting(?)- i'm sure
I've noticed that u r sincere-tho sincerely wrong
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by trinigirl1(f): 11:25am On Jan 11, 2007
islampride:

TRINI, U SO LILY LIVERED THAT U CONSIDER HIS NON SUBMISSION TO THE INVADING CRUSADERS THAT NURTURE U ALL AS NOT BEING REPENTANT.and for God sake what did he do that your born again methodist peace man, Bush hasnt done worse?
he crushed a rebellion, what any real leader that s worth his stuff will do.
u wait and see. the worst believers r always better than the best disbelievers

"lily livered" ,  lol , your funny. another half cast. wth does that mean anyway.  u need to come to trini or read some of these threads, then u'll learn the art of insult from nigerians  grin wo wo half cast! lol

Anyway, mr. presumptuous, I am not American, and my definition of non repentance has nothing to do with the US invasion, and everything to do with Saddam's personal conviction.

He believed in a false God and a religion that teaches murder, polygamy, rape and female oppression, denied the true and living God, and refused to repent in his life or before his death.

Since ranting and venting without making a clear point seems to be your style, and you've only just started here, I'll give u a chance to settle in before I completely destroy you!!! ,  muhahahahhha!  grin

Come to think of it ,   r u related to mamaput? She gets flustered and rambles when someone challenges her beliefs too, just like u.

Anyway, for now u aint worth the effort.  ** yawn **
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by trinigirl1(f): 11:30am On Jan 11, 2007
feelgood,

The thing is, I don't think he doesn't believe in God , he just testified of Him

Seun:

God is the same yesterday, today and forever. What he did in the old testament remains in his record!

However, I do think he's disillusioned and has a lot of questions about who God is and why he did/does the things he did/does. smiley As many of us are.

I myself have questions. But I never let it disuade me from being a Christian.

When you're in a relationship, and you disagree with your mate, do you automatically abandon them? For what?

Instead, you ask questions, you work it out, try and understand each other. That's my approach to my relationship with God.l\
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by feelgood(m): 11:53am On Jan 11, 2007
Trini girl, sure wish u would hv the patience 2 go thru his thread on 'why I am no longer a xtian'
Perhaps then u'll understand his antagonism. Also blve you'd learn a few things there also. i did
Be cool
Re: Where Is Saddam? Heaven Or Hell? by feelgood(m): 11:55am On Jan 11, 2007
Trini girl, sure wish u would hv the patience 2 go thru his thread (in this forum) on 'why I am no longer a xtian'
Perhaps then u'll understand his antagonism. Also blve you'd learn a few things there also. i did
Be cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Contact Your Guardian Angels / Let Us Worship The SUN / Good And Evil Don't Exist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.