Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle (72034 Views)

Lady Asks Hairstylist For A Particular Hairstyle, But Got This (photo) / Checkout This 2-Year-Old Boy's Hairstyle That Has Gone Viral (Photos) / 2 Elderly Women & A Slay Queen At A Restaurant In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by Yeyegist(f): 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2016
An Instagram user, Oluwagbeminiyi has just shared this incredible story of how she was denied access to a restaurant in Lagos because of her Hairstyle. Read below:

Continue reading after the cut....

"About a weekago weekago! I got denied access into "Butholes Restaurant" because my hair was like this! .
Guy at the door deemed it too "local" but proceeded to allow 2 weave wearing ladies and 2 other men walk in, while moving me aside with his giant forearm. .
I've been through the motions this week... from embarrassment, to anger, to unworthiness to severe self consciousness to complete defiance in changing my hairstyle. .
I say it time and time again, this "self love" thing is a chore, a tiring one. .
Found myself wanting to cover my "glory". Wore a hat throughout COPA even though I was in the shade for the fear that one security official will impede me from doing my job. .
I wanted a wig for fun the week before the event; but last week, I started to really dream about owning one till I found out the price (Jesos is lord) and decided; self love is harder but cheaper. .
It's important for me to state, that my hair is natural not because I am a naturalista, but because I love food!
What has food got to do with it? Well when you eat as much as I do, you have the tendency to be obese, when you have the tendency to be obese, you need to work out. When you work out you sweat and I need access to my scalp always. And more importantly, I must eat.
That is the reason why I went to "butholes" in the first place. Food.
I shouldn't be judged, no one, should be judged because they want to eat.....
Many people have many takes on this. Feminist, Patriotic, Indigenous, black girl magic etc .
My take is Human, that people, all people must be treated with dignity and respect no matter who they are or what their choices are and finally, all human beings must eat.
Ok bye!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN_nWJFAp7J/?taken-by=oluwagbeminiyi&hl=en

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by feodan: 4:49pm On Dec 15, 2016
. People look forward to a new year to start afresh and turn
over a new leaf. All the best for that and have a wonderful
year ahead!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by Yeyegist(f): 4:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
lalasticlala ijebabe fynestboi
Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
'Butholes Restaurant'

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2016

That is very disheartening

I would sue the shiit out of their buthole

Buhari have never been denied entry into planes because of his face, even though his face might scare the pilot and make him crash the plane

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by veekid(m): 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
Ayamatanga is all they crave for

Wetin she sef find go butholes restaurant?

12 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by randomab: 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
sorry
Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by juliusocean(m): 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
It happens I was denied entry to a club because I wore pams so

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by seunlly(m): 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
Y is she been denied.
Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by prettyAdaolisa(f): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hnmmm...I so much love simple hairstyle...

Am I the only one that find the name of the hotel funny...buthole restaurant? grin grin

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by yinkakani(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
did u check the price list? Did it say #450,000 for one plate of pepper soup? Then putting on a wig would have been more appropriate. #justsaying grin. Its wrong of them tho' angry

3 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by babadee1(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
There really is a joint called Butholes Restaurant? Na wa o.
Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by DirtyGold: 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
What sorta fuckery is this?
Why will I in my proper senses walk into a restaurant named "butholes" to put anything in my mouth?
Well....

What's tha business?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
Smh.

Because she is not wearing layers of human hair or any other kind of weave or extension?

Just because we have embraced the culture of wearing weaves and extensions doesn't mean we should forget our roots.

It is pitiful.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
sigh
but why she sef no do "ghana weaving" na

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by PapiNigga: 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
Sowey...

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by missunknown: 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
cry Very sad. Rock ur natural go no mind badt belle ppl

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by Silentscreamer(f): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
What a bleeped world! Dat man is stupiid

2 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by funkyibodude(m): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
I went to donate my sperm today in a sperm bank center, so the nurse gave me a jar to use after 30 minutes I returned with an empty jar and the nurse asked me why , I told her I tried with one hand, both hands even with a lubricant but I couldn't. So she decided to help me out, she used her both hands and her mouth but no success, she even called her assistant to help out with her hands still no success, even her mother is using her mouth right now and up till now this $tupid jar won't open.

Shame on all u dirty minds tongue

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by YUNGLURD(m): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
attention seeker....infact pics or idonbilivit

3 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by mccoy47(m): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
Maybe the hair has too much lice and dandruff.

Some girls can be dirty sha... cry
I remembered the day I entered a bike with a girl back then in school.
My God!! I almost had epilepsy attack on transit angry

3 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by ALAYORMII: 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
Sue their butthole according to their name

grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
Where did this happen? angry
Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by Zedoo(m): 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
Qummie:
'Butholes Restaurant'

I just weakk...the owner if na man den na core gay

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by naijaboiy: 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
grin
Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by MissRike(f): 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
Mtcheeewwww
Don't mind them, you're simply proud of your heritage. Africans rock!

Check my siggy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
I don't even know what to say sef angry

2 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by visiondee(m): 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
To be honest she looks cute and natural... If all ladies can go this style for 5 minutes, men will know whose beauty is indeed chinko or akube. BTW, why go to buthole? Na wetin your eyes find, na ehm you see. My dear... Deeply from my heart with what I see, you are naturally cute!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
funkyibodude:
I went to donate my sperm today in a sperm bank center, so the nurse gave me a jar to use after 30 minutes I returned with an empty jar and the nurse asked me why , I told her I tried with one hand, both hands even with a lubricant but I couldn't. So she decided to help me out, she used her both hands and her mouth but no success, she even called her assistant to help out with her hands still no success, even her mother is using her mouth right now and up till now this $tupid jar won't open.

Shame on all u dirty minds tongue
Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by SweetJoystick(m): 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
Reasons best known to him, well he probably thought she wanted to go in there and beg
Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by MrPRevailer(m): 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
Chai!
...This world is not my home
...Am just passing through
...My Treasures all laid down somewhere beyond the blue.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Entry At A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle by fmlala: 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
She na by force to go to club?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Haircut Guy Asked His Barber For; See What He Got Instead (Pics) / Before & After Make-up Photos That Would Shock You / Natural Hair Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.