Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Istikhara For Marriage - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Istikhara For Marriage (4762 Views)

Genotype As Condition For Marriage / Lady Needed For Marriage / Power Of Istikhara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Istikhara For Marriage by balash(m): 9:52pm On Dec 15, 2016
When one desires to make istikhara for marriage, then keep the person in mind when making niyah. Then do wudhu and perform Salaat. Then praise Allah, mention His Greatness and plead:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّكَ تَقْدِرُ وَلَا أَقْدِرُ وَتَعْلَمُ وَلَا أَعْلَمُ وَأَنْتَ عَلَّامُالْغُيُوبِ ، فَإِنْ رَأَيْتَ أَنَّ فِي فُلَانَةِ خَيْرَاً لِي فِي دِينِي وَدُنْيَايَ وَآخِرَتِي فَاقْدُرْهَا لِي وَإِنْ كَانَ غَيْرُهَا خَيْرٌ مِنْهَا لِي فِي دِينِي وَآخِرَتِي فَاقْدُرْهَا لِي

"O Allah, You have power (control) and I have no control and You know and I do not know, and You know the condition of the Unseen. Thus if You see (deem fit) that this woman (here mention her name) is good for me concerning my Deen, world and Akhirah then grant me her control (make it possible that I marry her) and if besides her there be (another woman) which is better for me concerning Deen and Akhirah then specify her for me (grant me control over he)".

(Hisn)
N.B. A woman should read "him" instead of "her".

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Istikhara For Marriage by balash(m): 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
CC Sissie
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by sheedy407(m): 11:25am On Dec 16, 2016
Back to Back FTC
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by MrIcredible: 11:26am On Dec 16, 2016
Why am I still single

I think I need to do this.

Lemme check the potency wink

But na Folake name I go call o grin

2 Likes

Re: Istikhara For Marriage by skulboiy1990(m): 1:27pm On Dec 16, 2016
I believe its 2 rakaah ba?
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2016
skulboiy1990:
I believe its 2 rakaah ba?

Yup.

Two non-obligatory rakaah.
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by Laple0541(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
Like how many times should someone do this before marrying or giving up on a woman? secondly, can you put the transliteration for the sake of those of us that are not sound in arabic.
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2016
Laple0541:
Like how many times should someone do this before marrying or giving up on a woman? secondly, can you put the transliteration for the sake of those of us that are not sound in arabic.

Once is sufficient and if it's not clear then re do it again.

https://www.nairaland.com/3225614/should-marry-him-what-advice

The link has the transliteration and explains some more.

1 Like

Re: Istikhara For Marriage by olaasiwaju: 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2016
Jazakallahu khairan.
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by yaqq: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
Now if u have a lady u want to marry and u re not financially ok....... U should stop be reciting so that Allah will provide means. Ameen
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by skulboiy1990(m): 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2016
snapscore:

Yup.
Two non-obligatory rakaah.
Jazak Allah khayran
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
skulboiy1990:
Jazak Allah khayran

Wa iyyaka
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by umar745(m): 4:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
Beautiful
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by BigBelleControl(m): 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
Salam. Is it true that after performing it, one will see certain signs either in dreams or whatever that will prove that the person is right for one?
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by AmeerahFKI(f): 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2016
Masha Allah! Istikharah is the best thing to do whenever u are seeking the guidance of Allah in everything u are about to do, be it marriage, school, job, journey etc.

1 Like

Re: Istikhara For Marriage by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2016
BigBelleControl:
Salam. Is it true that after performing it, one will see certain signs either in dreams or whatever that will prove that the person is right for one?

Salam alaykum

https://www.nairaland.com/3225614/should-marry-him-what-advice

This link explains a bit more.
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by trippla01(m): 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
Lovely... may Allah increase your imaan for this piece
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by soulhighman(m): 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2016
I think I need to do this. Though, I'm in a relationship and I plan to marry next year, but I don't understand what is happening right now.
The fault is mine and not hers.
Re: Istikhara For Marriage by Caseless: 6:53pm On Dec 16, 2016
I need to observe this.

(1) (Reply)

The Answer Of A German Muslim Scholar On Islam And Terrorism *worth D Read* / Ruling On Fines For Late Return Of Borrowed Books / Why Didn't Allah Intervene In The Recent Crane Disaster?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.