Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,229 members, 7,780,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:19 PM

What Men Feel After Divorce? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Men Feel After Divorce? (7028 Views)

How Did You Feel After Your First Child? / Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 15, 2016
Divorce is something that is never expected! When you get married, you never let the thought of a divorce creep into your mind. It is simply because love is in the air. Couples think that compromising and adjusting a little would help them have a happy married life. This is not how things work in a relationship. You have to compromise but with your own will. If you are not doing anything wholeheartedly, you can never be happy in your marriage. Fake adjustments are one of the primary reasons behind a divorce.

There are many other reasons such as lack of misunderstanding or compatibility, trust or betrayal. But, if a divorce is mutual, there is nothing that can be too painful! When two different minded people cannot adjust with each other, divorce is the only option. Lets check out what men feel about divorce

What men feel after divorce?

I am free: Firstly, a man feels happy because he is free from all the responsibilities. He is a free bird who can fly as high as he wants. Men hate to be under the bound and so, they feel really good if they are out from a bad marriage! Now there is no one to stop him from hanging out late with his friends or from drinking like a fish!

Who will cook: Well, this is a sad part. Sometimes men really miss their wives. Why? Because there is no one to cook in the house. Eat at nearby restaurants or visiting friends’ place to enjoy home food comes back after a divorce. This is a common problem faced by divorcee men who stay alone!

What about my undies?: “What about washing my clothes? I need a maid!” This is the first thought that comes after a man gets divorce. Most of the men feel this after a divorce. Men miss their ex-wives who used to take care of their clothes and house. From cleaning the house till washing clothes, everything was under the control of the wife. After a divorce, men takes time to adjust back to the good old bachelor days! After taking bath, poor divorcee men will not find clothes ready on the bed!

Hey girl!: After divorce, men are single! Free to flirt and hang out with women. Dating after a divorce is nothing weird! You cannot stay single for the rest of your life! This is what men think and feel it is nothing wrong. So, say hello to a girl beside you.

No more reporting: As you are free, you do not have to be under the torture of your wife. Gone are the days where you had to answer all her questions. You do not need to report about where you were, what did you do or in worst cases, what did you eat at office!

http://www.jeloser.info/2016/12/what-men-feel-after-divorce.html

mynd44 lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 16, 2016
Me sha no fit do court wedding for woman.

7 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by dangotesmummy: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
so that you can have the full fledged opportunity to take advantage of her wink

How sweet and unselfish wink

Aren't you a perfect gentleman grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by thorpido(m): 7:45am On Dec 16, 2016
This write-up was obviously written by someone not married let alone divorced.

14 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 16, 2016
dangotesmummy:
so that you can have the full fledged opportunity to take advantage of her wink

How sweet and unselfish wink

Aren't you a perfect gentleman grin
First of all I'm gentle but not perfect and its because I'm gentle and not the troublesome type that's why I don't have the mind to go through the disrespect and dishonour that would come from her having known that im vulnerable through legal wedding.

Don't even think you can buy my mindstate over by accusing me of not being a gentleman because I don't want court wedding..thats your own personal view. It could rather be seen like this...traditional wedding only without court wedding makes a woman gentle and value her roles. The reverse is also true. Any form of vulnerability of the husband births nonchalance from the wife.

Its better to agree with ones lawyer in writing immediately after wedding for a 50:50 share of property after divorce without the wife's knowledge and make it a suprise after divorce if it ever comes up. Whether she sees it as a suprise or not, its her own cup of tea. But its definitely not gonna be with her knowledge.

5 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by dangotesmummy: 9:51am On Dec 16, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

First of all I'm gentle but not perfect and its because I'm gentle and not the troublesome type that's why I don't have the mind to go through the disrespect and dishonour that would come from her having known that im vulnerable through legal wedding.

Don't even think you can buy my mindstate over by accusing me of not being a gentleman because I don't want court wedding..thats your own personal view. It could rather be seen like this...traditional wedding only without court wedding makes a woman gentle and value her roles. The reverse is also true. Any form of vulnerability of the husband births nonchalance from the wife.

Its better to agree with ones lawyer in writing immediately after wedding for a 50:50 share of property after divorce without the wife's knowledge and make it a suprise after divorce if it ever comes up. Whether she sees it as a suprise or not, its her own cup of tea. But its definitely not gonna be with her knowledge.
anyway to each his own.some women will buy your idea and philosophy while some won't
Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 16, 2016
dangotesmummy:
anyway to each his own.some women will buy your idea and philosophy while some won't
Sounds better

3 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 16, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

No be if the woman agree to marry you?

If u don't do it, another man will do the court wedding with her.
Shikena..
Choices full everywhere

15 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Ngokafor(f): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2016
Amelian:

If u don't do it, a better man will do the court wedding with her.
Shikena..
Choices full everywhere

....True talk.

4 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by xendra: 10:14am On Dec 16, 2016
Amelian:

Shikena..
Choices full everywhere
thing is even broke guys are afraid of court wedding. cheesy and that makes me more curious to know exactly whats up with it. I personaly dont like church wedding atall. unless its going to be a no wedding which is fine by me.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 16, 2016
Amelian:

Shikena..
Choices full everywhere
You see! This is what I'm talking about. Just on a forum alone, you don't know how to present your opinion in a proper manner. Only God knows how you'll do that in real life. Judge yourself sincerely, do you deserve a proposal yet? Let alone marriage by grace.

9 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by johnson232: 10:25am On Dec 16, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

You see! This is what I'm talking about. Just on a forum alone, you don't know how to present your opinion in a proper manner. Only God knows how you'll do that in real life. Judge yourself sincerely, do you deserve a proposal yet? Let alone marriage by grace.

5 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 16, 2016
xendra:
thing is even broke guys are afraid of court wedding. cheesy and that makes me more curious to know exactly whats up with it. I personaly dont like church wedding atall. unless its going to be a no wedding which is fine by me.

Let them be afraid of court wedding. It's their choice. Women wants to marry such men can go ahead and marry them. Everything is choice.

3 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 16, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Did you present yours well?

Just listen to yourself talk.

Charcoal calling pot black

And for your info, have received 3marriage proposal since January this year till last 2 months ago.
So what are u screaming on?

When u don't know even one tenth of my love life, no need butting in.
And talking like. U do... Rubbish.

Be sure of your facts about who has given me marriage proposals and who has not.

Do u think its every dick and Harry, I will just marry?
Not everything u read online u believe cool

Ok?

8 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 16, 2016
xendra:
if its about money to you, then you shouldn't be keen about it since you have enough. Let the worriers keep worrying themselves.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 16, 2016
johnson232:

I deserve so. Much more.
Am. Simply taking my time 2 choose cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bad belle them.. Lol

They honestly feel no man wants to. Marry me cheesy

I purposely made up that story.. Una come carry am for head, hook line and sinker..
Rejoicing in your wicked hearts, waiting for the right moment to use it against me.

Ode oshi..

Come. And stop. Me from getting married to my boo.... Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 16, 2016
Amelian:

Did you present yours well?

Just listen to yourself talk.

Charcoal calling pot black

And for your info, have received 3marriage proposal since January this year till last 2 months ago.
So what are u screaming on?

When u don't know even one tenth of my love life, no need butting in.
And talking like. U do... Rubbish.

Be sure of your facts about who has given me marriage proposals and who has not.

Do u think its every dick and Harry, I will just marry?
Not everything u read online u believe cool

Ok?
Aaaaah! You have a lot of work to do on yourself oh. Your case don tie wrapper.

8 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 16, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Aaaaah! You have a lot of work to do on yourself oh. Your case don tie wrapper o.

U have so much work 2 do on yourself.
Bad belle

4 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by pocohantas(f): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2016
They want their wives to be 'gentle', don't be fooled by the surface meaning. I guess all the 'ungentle' wives were wedded in court.

So much for the marital institution. Every party now enters it, with ways of taming the other in mind.
Lil wonder marriages keep crashing at every angle

@OP, if the aforementioned are what comes to a man's mind after divorce, it's not surprising the marriage crashed in the first place.

10 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 16, 2016
Amelian:

U have so much work 2 do on yourself.
Bad belle

Eiyha lol

3 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 16, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Eiyha lol

Ewu cheesy

Kikikikikikikikk cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ntor! grin
Lol

1 Like

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nutase: 6:38am On Dec 17, 2016
embarassed
Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by byvan03: 7:24am On Dec 17, 2016
Get married, get divorced, then write how you truly feel for us read.

4 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Aquariann: 8:00am On Dec 17, 2016
Amelian:

Shikena..
Choices full everywhere

Rather than have a healthy debate, you always come out gun blazing, attacking anyone whose opinion don't sit well with you. The embolden wasn't necessary.

I personally wouldn't have a court wedding for whatever reason. And I know people who never had one and are doing fine.

And by the way, thought you were already married as you always mention your hubby and baby? What's with the several proposals received this year?

5 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by EfemenaXY: 9:12am On Dec 17, 2016
thorpido:
This write-up was obviously written by someone not married let alone divorced.

True that.

I was expecting to see something on the emotional upheaval - both long and short term.

3 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by thorpido(m): 9:26am On Dec 17, 2016
EfemenaXY:

True that.

I was expecting to see something on the emotional upheaval - both long and short term.
Yea.The op wrote as if divorce is as simple as misplacing a pen.

3 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by EfemenaXY: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2016
thorpido:
Yea.The op wrote as if divorce is as simple as misplacing a pen.

Precisely.

Long time though. How're you & the family?

Bros abeg correct the typo in my quote smiley
Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 17, 2016
Aquariann:

Rather than have a healthy debate, you always come out gun blazing, attacking anyone whose opinion don't sit well with you. The embolden wasn't necessary.

I personally wouldn't have a court wedding for whatever reason. And I know people who never had one and are doing fine.

And by the way, thought you were already married as you always mention your hubby and baby? What's with the several proposals received this year?

Oga, Where did I mention hubby and baby?
Maybe I forgot am married with babies.. undecided

So pls remind me, am lost here?
When did u give me out for marriage? Smmmhhhh
Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Aquariann: 11:07am On Dec 17, 2016
Amelian:

Oga, Where did I mention hubby and baby?
Maybe I forgot am married with babies.. undecided

So pls remind me, am lost here?
When did u give me out for marriage? Smmmhhhh

My bad then, thought I once saw a picture of you and a lookalike baby on here. Again, you always have an advice for every marital issue on NL, so I guess it fuelled my assumption your advices were from your experience as a married woman.

Modified: Amelia, you claimed to be married on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2096499/ladies-pls-pls-beware. Can you explain now please?

Cc: TheeDetective, thanks o. I was just too busy to search through her comments

2 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 17, 2016
Aquariann:

My bad then, thought I once saw a picture of you and a lookalike baby on here. Again, you always have an advice for every marital issue on NL, so I guess it fuelled my assumption your advices were from your experience as a married woman.

Oh ok
The look alike baby is my god daughter. One of my married friends, who looks like me is her mother. When I saw her daughter for the first time, I fell inlove with her. Yeah, the Lil girl looks like her mum and me smiley Such cute bundle of joy. cheesy

About knowing about marriages, most of my friends, if not all are married women and few married men. They always confide in me, am kind of a listening ear to their problems at home. At my spare time, I ponder on their problems and try find some feasible solutions to what they complain about. My mind won't rest until a solution comes up. In short we all rub minds. So I virtually know most things that goes on in marriages and with in-laws. I love to learn and study my environment and people around me, so I won't certain mistakes they make.
I learn everyday that's the beauty about a creative mind.

So am not married but hope to be someday cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by thorpido(m): 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Precisely.

Long time though. How're you & the family? smiley
We're doing fine.How are you and yours?
Hope the weather is friendly this year?
Re: What Men Feel After Divorce? by 5minsmadness: 1:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
What men feel after divorce

Loss: most men do not want thier marriages to break down and feel a deep sense of loss after the act has been finalised. However they quickly get over this. Depending on the reason for the divorce or if they or the wife initiated it, the feeling of loss lasts about an average of 6months.

Retrospection: A lot of men give up their dreams for marriage, although men arent great talkers so you hardly hear about it. A divorce allows a man the solitude and silence of deep introspection and the opportunity to pick up where he left off the track when he married.

Women: I personally know of a colleague who got divorced one day and the next day three women (one married) brought dishes for him on the pretext of "caring". More women start knocking on your door to see if you're back in the dating game, many of them admiring you from afar but being able to approach on account of 'madam'. When u see divorced men getting back to the altar quickly, most times it because another woman has rushed in to fill the vacuum. This isnt a gender-salvo. Its just the way it is.

Food: Has been taken care of by the women above. The man may feel a small sense of loss at his wife's cooking, but the convinence of fast food joints, bukas, and random offerings from the office put a quick end to that dilemma.

Love: Most men have a plateau like gradient when it comes to the emotion of love. This means that, if they were indeed still in love with their wife after the divorce, rather than fall into bitterness like thier womenfolk, they assume a state of coldness or nonchalance. They may not pass a general judgement on tye rest of the world's women as being evil, but they will never let thier hearts go to love as deep as they did previously with thier wives. Their guard will always be up and will view women as people to be used and dumped.

Children. This is the part where the man usually feels the most bitter, once again depending on the nature of the divorce. A man tends to be more practical and would want to know where his obligatory rights stand. Most men would want an all or none conclusion. Either the children stay with him and he takes care of them or they stay with thier mom and she takes care of them. Children staying with thier mom while the man doles out cash from afar feels like disloyalty and a perpetual irritant. How is he sure the woman he currently hates (depending on the reason for tue divorce) is not taking his money meant for the kids for her own selfish gains? Recurrent thoughts like this are a constant irritation.

Health: is directly related to his relationship with his wife. If she was the cause of his ulcer and high bp, his health imporves drastically as soon as she is gone. He looks more alive and is more friendly and outgoing both at home and at work. If the wife was one who took good care of him and catered to his well-being, his health naturally drops.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? / Man Planned Fake Proposal After Apparently Discovering Girlfriend Cheated. Video / Will Conception Be Possible Without Women In Any Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.