Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni (29542 Views)

Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? / How To Make Delicious Teriyaki Pasta/spaghetti / How To Prepare Spaghetti/macaroni Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
shaybebaby:

Atta boy!

How do you know or detect Italians on a faceless forum ??
Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by shaybebaby(f): 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

How do you know or detect Italians on a faceless forum ??
Well, NO Italian will ever say what you said. None!
Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
shaybebaby:

Well, NO Italian will ever say what you said. None!

What i said ??

That there's nothing called pasta ??

Now, tell me

When you go to an Italian restaurant and tell them you want pasta, what do they serve you ??
Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by shaybebaby(f): 11:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

What i said ??

That there's nothing called pasta ??

Now, tell me

When you go to an Italian restaurant and tell them you want pasta, what do they serve you ??
That and what it's made of. Epic fail on both counts.
In a restaurant you order off the menu, the chef creates the dish and gives it a name. Doesn't change the fact that any pasta based dish will have pasta as part of the ingredient regardless of the name given to it.

FYI, I'm having a house full of Italians over for Christmas and they are going to cook.... Wait for it.....
Pasta.
Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 17, 2016
shaybebaby:

That and what it's made of. Epic fail on both counts.
In a restaurant you order off the menu, the chef creates the dish and gives it a name. Doesn't change the fact that any pasta based dish will have pasta as part of the ingredient regardless of the name given to it.

FYI, I'm having a house full of Italians over for Christmas and they are going to cook.... Wait for it.....
Pasta.

When you order pasta, what do they give you ??

Spaghetti or macaroni ??

Or pasta ??

Can you show me the picture of that thing called pasta
Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by shaybebaby(f): 12:23am On Dec 17, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

When you order pasta, what do they give you ??

Spaghetti or macaroni ??

Or pasta ??

Can you show me the picture of that thing called pasta
Mate, this conversation is moot if your knowledge of Italian food is limited to dining in an Italian restaurant.
Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 17, 2016
shaybebaby:

Mate, this conversation is moot if your knowledge of Italian food is limited to dining in an Italian restaurant.

I'm sorry about that

I only asked you to show me how that thing called pasta looks like
Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by metallisc(m): 3:00am On Dec 17, 2016
domwas2:
What's the difference between pasta, spaghetti and macaroni
I keep mixing it up

Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by metallisc(m): 3:11am On Dec 17, 2016

Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by Zenlife: 4:10am On Dec 17, 2016
Shape and size.

@op,
Both are pasta.
Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 17, 2016
they mean d same thing
Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by Damsman10(m): 8:30am On Dec 17, 2016
domwas2:
What's the difference between pasta, spaghetti and macaroni
I keep mixing it up

difference - shape and size
similarity - carbohydrate => sugar

Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2016
nepapole:
I think spag n mac can both be called pasta. Spag is long nd skinny, mac is d short n fat one.

Man you got my ribs cracking.
Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by Probz(m): 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
nmreports:
There is also: PENNE

Which is just a brand of pasta.

And this one that there's three pages telling the OP the same thing on a loop. Chineke. He should now be able to write JAMB for pasta.
Re: What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni by domwas2(m): 11:21am On Dec 20, 2016
Probz:

Which is just a brand of pasta.

And this one that there's three pages telling the OP the same thing on a loop. Chineke. He should now be able to write JAMB for pasta.
Lolz I think I should be able to write jamb now lolz
I asked the question bcs am a freelance chef, a lady asked what can I make for her kids and I told her there's macaroni. Hmmm that's where the argument started.
She said the long one is spaghetti while the short one is pasta so I looked like a fool b4 the kids. You know how it feels when u specialized in something and someone correcting u like all these years u don't know what u doing
So I let her win to avoid more argument which leads me to u honorable room mates .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake / Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record? / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.