Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup (6558 Views)

Sunday Oliseh, Invites 23 Players For Tanzania Match / Players Nigeria Should Never Loss To Other Countries Right Now! / Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Boboribo: 7:05pm On Nov 15, 2009
1. Mikel

2. Martins

3. Nsoffor

4. Odemwingie

All others are nuts.

The rest 19 will have to be found before the Wolrd Cup starts.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2009
marutimon:

Watching him in the Super Lig I have to disagree,  he has been great apart from a bad last season.

Watch this goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO2ABWZLmjA

Still not yet convinced.

Beautiful goal though.

These are even better videos for his case. I am now seeing a bit of what you are seeing but not yet worth the WC place except he goes all out like this in the next 6 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8qikusoUpA&feature=fvw
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Agaone: 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2009
We should forget about being the jugde of which player to be at the world cup or not. They all deserve to be at the world cup but only 23 can. Rather we should concentrate on having a wonderful outing by getting the right coach, the best set of players and most importantly that naija mentallity, that never say never attitude, that hunger for glory which will put smile on our faces inrespective of the outcome.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by illusion2: 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2009
@OP,remove Odiah from your original list. . .he's not Super Eagles material.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by larimo(m): 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2009
GOALKEEPERS
Vincent Enyeama, Dele Aiyenugba, Austin Ejide

DEFENDERS
Joseph Yobo, Dele Adeleye, Apam Onyekachi, Elderson Echiejile, Taiye Taiwo, Yusuf Mohammed, Olubayo Adefemi, Nwaneri

MIDFIELDERS
Mikel Obi, Azeez, Rabiu Ibrahim, Ayila Yusuf, Seyi Olofinjana, Femi Ajilore, Sanni kaita, Dickson Etuhu

ATTACKERS
Osaze Odemwingie, Ighalo Odion/Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke, Obafemi Martins, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Ikechukwu Uche, Joseph Akpala/Kanu Nwankwo

STANDBY PLAYERS
Greg Etafia, Stephen Worgu, King Osanga, Eneramo, Lukman Haruna, Stanley Okoro, Ajagun,

For me our major problem is the midfield. For once, Amodu did the right thing by playing Mikel in an attacking role and we saw his worth. Azeez is a promising guy and should be drafted sharp sharp, Rabiu is a good playmaker, Ayila is a defensive wall. My midfield quatro will be ayila/olofinjana-azeez-mikel-osaze. Attack will be ike uche-martins. defense will be adefemi/yusuf-yobo-nwaneri/adeleye-elderson. 4-4-2 style.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by balash(m): 9:56pm On Nov 15, 2009
Nonsense selections All, Shey Na because those Nitwitts qualify Una wan Carry them Go world cup.Abi Na that Big Boy them dey go du for S.A Abi, So them go break there Papa Heart Huh, Osaze,Rabiu Ibraheem,Adeleye,Enyeama,Ike Uche,Ayila,Martins And In Home Base To join THEM and start Playing Lotta Friendlies To help, If Una Like Make Una dey Carry aLL THOSE Nitwitts wey dey do big Boy Go world cup Una go knw say No be Play them dey Play for There, And I don swear am down Now, If Na That Nitwitts them dey Carry Go straight I dey follow My FABREGAS go world Cup simply Gbam,
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:51am On Nov 16, 2009
Yes by the grace of God and the introduction of Obagoal – Martins we just made it to 2010 we need to regroup and reconsider.
What foundation we can build on ?

GOALKEEPERS:
Vincent Enyeama our No.1 no contest

DEFENDERS:
Joseph Yobo our No.1 defender, no contest, Danny Shittu (when fit) options consider the no nonsense professional fully committed Nedum Onouha (Man city) and Hamburg’s Dennis Aogo(versatile can play LB &LM). Currently Adeleye , Nwaneri just don’t cut it. Apam has to improve to be a contender, same goes for Taiwo, Echiejile, Yusuf and I would consider Okonkwo.

MIDFIELDERS:
Mikel Obi (when committed) our No.1 midfielder, no contest, Ayila, Ajilore, Etuhu, contenders, Rabui we need more options not sure how Oruma and Obodo are doing form wise. How about Lukman ? Ekpo

ATTACKERS:
Martins & Osaze , our No.1 attackers, no contest, Nsofor, Yakubu(not yet match fit) Ogbuke, Uche, Contenders Anichebe & Okoro(U17?).

I would like to see a few friendlies with some home based player and some of the U20’s & U17’s like the look of Oliha, Sanni , Azeez, and a few others to be tried out.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by emmydee(m): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2009
this list is useless. no new blood. same old story.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Crownvilla(m): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2009
Oofinjana shoulds not make the list
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by mjbaba: 9:25am On Nov 16, 2009
Just players? what about coach? Amodu to continue?
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by semid(m): 10:12am On Nov 16, 2009
Let me even take it further to my starting 11.

GOALKEEPER
Vincent Enyeama (1)

DEFENDERS
Joseph Yobo (5)
Dele Adeleye (6)
Elderson Echiejile (3)
Yusuf Mohammed (2)

MIDFIELD
Femi Ajilore (4)
John Mikel Obi (10)
Osaze Odewingie (7)
Obinna Nsofor (11)

ATTACK
Obafemi Martins (9)
Ikechukwu Uche (cool

Nos in bracket indicate their positions on the field of play.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by semid(m): 10:13am On Nov 16, 2009
And Capital YES, Amodu Shuaibu would be the Coach of this my Super Eagles team to the World cup.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by yousouph(m): 10:45am On Nov 16, 2009
Many people will have different selection but majority of players on the poster's list will make it. Injuries may happen to any of the prefered players. My worries is the NFF sticking with Amodu as coach.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by beefers(m): 11:54am On Nov 16, 2009
what ever this my own world cup team(4-4-2)

Goal keepers:enyeama,vanzekin,aiyenugba.

Defenders: Taiye Taiwo,sam sodge(was very good against kenya and france friandly),mathew edile,chidi odiah,adefemi,adeleye,yobo

Midfielders: Yusuf ayila(a very good defensive midfielder played very well in eguavoen's team in 2006 nations cup),obi mikel(preferred on the bench),kalu uche(as an attacking midfielder plays the wing well in almeria),rabiu ibrahim,obinna nsofor,john utaka & dickson etuhu.

attackers: Ik uche(starting), obafemi martins(starting),yakubu aiyegbeni(sub),nwakwo kanu,osaze odewingie,chrisantus,chinedu obasi,
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by beefers(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2009
Just players? what about coach? Amodu to continue?
yes let amodu take us to world cup no problem with taht let us not do the same mistake as 2002 kor/jap
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by benlay(m): 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
it's too early for all this, national team is not a place where players revive themselves, i believe invitation should be based on current form.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
benlay:

it's too early for all this, national team is not a place where players revive themselves, i believe invitation should be based on current form.

We are speculating out of fun based on recent form.

semid:

ATTACK
Obafemi Martins (9)
Ikechukwu Uche (8.)

So you are going to play 2 pygmy strikers? Your team would not be trying aerial attacks then, evening thing would have to be ball-to-feet?
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 12:28pm On Nov 16, 2009
emmydee:

this list is useless. no new blood. same old story.

Adeleye, Ajilore, Echiejile, Yusuf M, Kaita, Obasi are not new blood to you?

What do you want? Your local suya man to join the team?
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2009
team selection so far so good, well using the word Pigme is not too fair to describe Uche and Martins.

the boys are doing good job, Uche have always delivered whenever he played. we dont need to sack Amodu the man have tried after qualifying us for 2 world cups and we fire him it is not fair what we need is a Technical adviser to add to him. i would have suggested we get back Bonfrere Jo but some people here might skin me alive, but we need a technical adviser that the boys would respect and not Amodu alone
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by semid(m): 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2009
@ Sagamite

Ok, Martins and Ikechukwu Uche aren't the tallest of strikers but don't forget both (particularly Martins) have a great leap and have you forgotten Ikechukwu's goal against SA in the 1st round of the WC qualifiers in Abuja. He jumped higher than the taller defender who was marking him. Never underestimate a striker with a great leap. I have seen Martins countless times in the premiership contesting for aerial balls with tall players & often times beating them to it.
(Watch Aghahowa's goal against Sweden in Japan/Korea 2002 and u'll be convinced what a great leap can do). Besides who are the alternatives? Maybe u'll prefer rambling, bullish, pathetic and 'irokorish' strikers like Enaramo and Ighalo (Sia1's U-20) who couldn't score to even if presented with an empty post to Martins and ikechukwu Uche.

Oya, enuff of me talking. Select your 'ideal' 1st 11 from your 23 man list, make I see.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by milkan05(m): 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
saga maga as coach for 2010!!!!! grin! I have no problem with most of ur selection but I still don't understand why you are fascinated with Yakubu, Yeah he has had his times but did you watch Saturday's game? I had high hopes on him but im no deliver. If not for ref and linesman wey no blow offside, im waste every other chance wey im get. Etuhu should be given some more playtime with the boys. If he can re-create some of those his runs at club level with the national team himself and Mikel would compliment each other well.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by bigrod1: 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2009
[size=16pt]saga maga as coach for 2010!!!!! [/size] u`ll probably be d next onigbinde.
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2009
^^^^ You no get respect?

Enemy of progress. grin grin grin grin

Thank you jare, milkan. Helep me shout am make dem appoint me. grin
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by delagasky(m): 1:49pm On Nov 16, 2009
@Sagamite, i think its wise not to mess with ur sense of humor, homorous as u may be, u sabi wetin u dey talk!! as for me, only 3 players for now, Enyeama, Osaze and Mikel (i dont even know which position to play him yet, so he is on probation cheesy), the others need to prove their form and patriotism, plenty time to do tht i might add!!  tongue
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
First option

Enyeama

Odiah                                      Yobo                                         Adeleye                                       Echiejile

Olofinjana                                                         Kaita

Mikel

(front 3 can interchange and rotate positions)
                  Odems                                                                                                          Obasi

Ike Uche

Second option

Enyeama

Odiah                                        Yobo                                         Adeleye                                       Echiejile

Olofinjana                                 Mikel

Odems                                                                                                                                        Taye Taiwo

Ike Uche

Yakubu
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by milkan05(m): 2:02pm On Nov 16, 2009
bros u dey play PS gan o grin
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by semid(m): 2:02pm On Nov 16, 2009
@ kaecy5, Talk your mind, nobody dey skin u alive for here.

Nigerians sha! Una no go kill me with laughter? Bonfrere Jo to join Amodu cos Amodu is not competent enuff and the boys do not respect him? And who will be the Boss, Amodu or Bonfrere? The same Bonfrere that messed up our 2002 world cup qualification in 2001 that Amodu had to be brought in at the 11th hour on a salvage mission to pick up the pieces? and eventually qualifying us for the world cup. What has respect for the Coach got to do with Kanu losing a ball while trying to dribble unecessarily when he should have passed against Tunisia, Taiye Taiwo going to sleep and failing to mark a striker, and Adeleye making a poor judgemental error. Shebi Berti Vogts was a 'world class coach' who the players respected? Did we fare well under him? Nigerians and this their 'Oyinbo' mentality sef! Very soon some peeps will be asking for foreign parents. No be na wa, na reeeaaal wa for u!
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 2:07pm On Nov 16, 2009
delagasky:

@Sagamite, i think its wise not to mess with your sense of humor, homorous as u may be, u sabi wetin u dey talk!! as for me, only 3 players for now, Enyeama, Osaze and Mikel (i dont even know which position to play him yet, so he is on probation cheesy), the others need to prove their form and patriotism, plenty time to do tht i might add!!  tongue

That is what is missing in SE.

We need 11 Odemwingies!!!

milkan05:

bros u dey play PS gan o grin

I be champo for that game o!  grin
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by bigrod1: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2009
[size=16pt]SAGA,WITH THIS UR FORMATION AND THE PLAYERS` LAZINESS,ECUADOR GO HAMMER UNA 2 - 0.[/size]
Re: 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 2:23pm On Nov 16, 2009
big rod:

[size=16pt]SAGA,WITH THIS your FORMATION AND THE PLAYERS` LAZINESS,ECUADOR GO HAMMER UNA 2 -  0.[/size]

Eh, oya, correct me then. Wey your first 11 list?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Golden Eaglets To Face The Host Tanzania In Group A U17 Afcon / 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu / NPFL: Kano Pillars Vs Bayelsa United (2 - 0) On 14th March, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.