Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,910 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l (12361 Views)

Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA / Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify / Saudi Prince Flies With His 80 Hawks After Buying Air-flight Tickets For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by eddywisdom: 8:23am On Dec 16, 2016
ask4double:
We will come out of this someday I believe, though it seems tough today but it can only persist if we as citizens of this great country especially the youths allow it tarry.

Let's see how we can change our fortunes for good, the future is now and it ours. We have been decived for too long by those we thought are old enough to do things aright.

Shun the tribal hatred because Nigeria is bigger and more important than any tribe. We can have the Nigeria of our dream. Time is running out fellow youths, let's start working towards a better Nigeria for our young and unborn children.

PEACE........
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by eddywisdom: 8:24am On Dec 16, 2016
[quote author=eddywisdom post=51973892][/quote] how do we achieve this?
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by lhanray(m): 8:26am On Dec 16, 2016
the fuel increases by N30 Dey increase their fares by thousands....and u all are here blaming the government instead of blaming all this greedy ppl dat look for every excuse to make more money
now after the increment to Dey increase there staffs salaries??
the motive is more money for the shareholders
keep blaming the govt while some thieves are busy raping you

1 Like

Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:26am On Dec 16, 2016
Omooba77:
Flight tickets for the major airlines in the country have jumped by almost 40 percent due to the increase in the price of aviation fuel known as Jet-AI.

A return ticket on the popular Abuja-Lagos route for the major domestic airlines is now between N70,000 to N88,000 .

The price of Jet A1 across the nation is now N240 per litre. In Lagos and environs, the price used to be between N205 and N210 per litre until this week when the scarcity worsened findings by Daily Trust show.

An airline operator who spoke with Daily Trust yesterday under condition of anonymity said the scarcity has continued to worsen as many airline operators are at the mercy of marketers to operate their scheduled flights.

He said: “As I am talking to you now Jet A1 has increased to N240 per litre from N210. Honestly it is not easy at all. We are now running after marketers to get fuel

For instance, Arik Airline, the nation’s largest carrier, charges between N70,740 and N76,000 for a Abuja-Lagos return ticket; Medview Airline charges between N86,000 and N88,000; and Dana Airline charges N73,800 for a return ticket on the same route.

He urged passengers to bear with the airlines when there is flight delay, saying, “Flights are delayed these days to ensure that there is no cancellation because it has not been easy getting fuel.”

We just seek the understanding of passengers”.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/flight-tickets-jump-by-40-as-jet-a1-now-sells-for-n240-l/176207.html#G8AVu6t5mG4v9WRl.99
Shhhhh PMB is working. Work in progress in All PROGRESSIVE PARTY. wink By the time they are through you will not recognize Nigeria again angry

Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by lhanray(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2016
the fuel increases by N30 Dey increase their fares by thousands....and u all are here blaming the government instead of blaming all this greedy ppl dat look for every excuse to make more money
now after the increment av Dey increase there staffs salaries??
the motive is more money for the shareholders
keep blaming the govt while some thieves are busy raping you
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2016
una neva chi chum chin
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Omooba77: 8:48am On Dec 16, 2016
kevoh:

My brother, one would assume so but the multitude of passengers I saw at abuja airport departure lounge yesterday while waiting for my flight to Yola says otherwise. Some people even chose to stay in special vip lounge with free wifi like 9tysix. E be like recession no dey affect some Nigerians dem just dey talk am for mouth.

Most people travelling business class are on business trips and goverment officers. Come to MMA2 and Arik you will be surprised that business has gone down.

1 Like

Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by lafuria1(m): 9:02am On Dec 16, 2016
The report is a big lie, very big one, Nigerians na wa o.
Below is a picture of booking on Dana Air Lagos to Abuja and vice versa, total of 54k which frequent flyers will know its the norm.

2 Likes

Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Culin(f): 9:15am On Dec 16, 2016
lobatan
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 16, 2016
I was of the opinion that let's us collectively push a bill to the national assembly so as to try and get the Chinese ppl manufacture wings for our President instead of wasting our Commonwealth for fruitless travels.

He as confused as confusion itself.
2019 we say no to APC
2019 we say no to Buhari.
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 16, 2016
Nigeria shutting down in a bit if no counter measure is put in place to start a reverse process of the rising cost of everything one can imagine. We should all brace up for more come next year because a lot of companies are gonna close their year end with losses and you can all imagine what the result will be.

God help our leaders ditch selfishness and do what is right to put the country on a part to glory and better living.
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2016
lafuria1:
The report is a big lie, very big one, Nigerians na wa o.
Below is a picture of booking on Dana Air Lagos to Abuja and vice versa, total of 54k which frequent flyers will know its the norm.

Dana has always been cheaper. Try Arik. I think he used Arik as his benchmark for the writeup.
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2016
Pavore9:
Tickets have never been cheap in Nigeria!

The major costs for an airline are internationally benchmarked, 1.) you pay for your planes, loans and parts in dollars, 2) jet a1 fuel is imported and deregulated so you pay the international price for fuel which is your major operational cost of an airline. So if you compare Nigerian domestic air fares to other climes you'd realise Nigerian domestic air fares are actually quite low compared to other climes. Instead of complaining that air fares are to expensive, I'd be worried and asking myself what areas of my safety are Nigerian Airlines cutting corners on to be able to deliver quite low fares. It also tells you that if Jet -A1 is N240 and diesel is N200, petrol is going to rise soon or we are back to scarcity or paying subsides if petrol remains at N145.
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Pavore9: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2016
vodutive:

The major costs for an airline are internationally benchmarked, 1.) you pay for your planes, loans and parts in dollars, 2) jet a1 fuel is imported and deregulated so you pay the international price for fuel which is your major operational cost of an airline. So if you compare Nigerian domestic air fares to other climes you'd realise Nigerian domestic air fares are actually quite low compared to other climes. Instead of complaining that air fares are to expensive, I'd be worried and asking myself what areas of my safety are Nigerian Airlines cutting corners on to be able to deliver quite low fares. It also tells you that if Jet -A1 is N240 and diesel is N200, petrol is going to rise soon or we are back to scarcity or paying subsides if petrol remains at N145.

As at 2014, when the Kenyan shillings was still 1ksh = N1.90, l was buying a one way domestic ticket from Nairobi to Mombasa which is about an hour flight for 3,000ksh (N5,700). We both know how much paid we paid for a similar route in Nigeria way back in 2014.
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by InMyOpinion(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2016
Stop spreading rubbish...these kind of false information continually fuel inflation in Nigeria in addition to other factors

I just checked Dana air for Dec 22 and you can get a ticket for 25k one way--on 27th there tickets for N23,400 - how does that add up to 70k or 88k. If you choose first class or Arik which is unreasonably expensive then that's your choice and does not reflect general prices in the market. Don't add salt to our injury!!!!!

Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 16, 2016
Pavore9:

As at 2014, when the Kenyan shillings was still 1ksh = N1.90, l was buying a one way domestic ticket from Nairobi to Mombasa which is about an hour flight for 3,000ksh (N5,700). We both know how much paid we paid for a similar route in Nigeria way back in 2014.

The global benchmark for operating costs of a 737-800 is $5300 but it can be as high as $9000 per hour, all depends on your environment, financing costs, efficiency and your scale of operations.
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by franklynsunny(m): 10:46am On Dec 16, 2016
Buhari is working
Aviation Minister is also workin
May God purnish our enemies 100 times,increase dere future sufferin d way dey r increasing living expenses

Am suppose to book a fli yesterday for 28k to abj bt I cant anymore
Am preparing my mind to use nite bus to abuja because of some brainless head of morons
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Skie(m): 11:11am On Dec 16, 2016
franklynsunny:
Buhari is working
Aviation Minister is also workin
May God purnish our enemies 100 times,increase dere future sufferin d way dey r increasing living expenses
Am suppose to book a fli yesterday for 28k to abj bt I cant anymore
Am preparing my mind to use nite bus to abuja because of some brainless head of morons
[color=#006600][/color]

Night bus! Is that stuff still working? Which transport company?
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Electroweb(m): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2016
Chai! Chai!!
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by abbeyty(m): 11:48am On Dec 16, 2016
Atiku2019:
cry cry cry cry

From Bad to Worse cry

as if your Atiku did not contribute to what we are facing as a country today. in a sane society people like him should be in jail
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2016
hotspec:
A disastrous combination is when u have an incompetent AFONJA-Kemi, heading an economy team with an unstable IPOD-Emefuele as d CB governor for a clueless and directionless kunnu-sipping SHEPHERD from Sahara desert BUBU rulling a zoo.
lol
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by HighFlyer01: 2:26am On Dec 20, 2016
This fuel shortage is compounding price increase that we normally see around the festive season. I can't believe how much flight prices have increased. I have been watching the prices on http://www.flightscanner.com.ng/ for flights from Lagos to London because I want to book a flight to see the family, but even on that site the prices have gone up. I guess I will have to wait until things settle down. Hopefully things will get better in early Jan.
Re: Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l by nobodii: 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
K

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How to travel to China from Nigeria / According To FRSC, These Are Traffic Rules For Use Of Bicycles On The Highway / Residents Scoop Diesel At Accident Scene In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.