Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:34 AM

Breaking Up For A Good Reason - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Breaking Up For A Good Reason (6807 Views)

See The Reason My Girlfriend Of 3yrs Is Breaking Up With Me, Screenshot Added / I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance / What Is A Good Reason To Have A Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by madlady(f): 12:57pm On Nov 16, 2009
@Poster, Being selective should be a must, but that should be done before "sampling".
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by smooooooth: 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2009
when u know what u want, then its not advisable to go for anything less, if u want that relationship to last, and if u find your partner doesnt have them, then just tell them, and move on, cos no matter how nice u try to sound in breaking up, something still gets broken in the process. nice or not, break up hurts. so just say it as it it and get out!
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by koolchicco: 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2009
buchiwet:

M - Make Christ the foundation and Head of your house
A- Accept each other's differences
R- Respect your spouse
R- Resist all attempts to destroy your home
I- Intecede for your family and others
A- Avoid all forms of immorality and infidelity
G- Guard your tongue always, be positive
E- Enlist and prepare your family for the coming of th Lord

Spot on!!
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by bigrod1: 1:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
[size=16pt]
whitelexi:

When you have very distinct expectations, when you feel he/she has got to meet certain criteria, when you are extremely selective, when you feel there are traits that can be worked on and those that cannot change, when you feel the need to break-up with him/her in the near future as soon as you identify a trait that you cannot stand, when you break up with lines such as, "You're a wonderful person - I'm just not meant for u".

Is "Being selective with very good reason" a problem??

this is a player`s anthem.
[/size]
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2009
Ujujoan:

That's not true. I've always been totally understanding and tolerant. cheesy Infact I remeber someone calling me 'homely' once upon a time! tongue
Can you honestly spot any difference between your inital post on this thread and the posts you made in the past??

lets put comments and opinions on Nairaland and other sentiments aside, I do believe you are very understanding annnnnnnd realistic.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2009
madlady:

@Poster, Being selective should be a must, but that should be done before "sampling".

So whats the point in sampling what you've opted for or  better still selected? Surely, thats going round in circles. No be so?
We are not talking about cloths, you know. Definitely, no pun intended.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 16, 2009
Can you honestly spot any difference between your inital post on this thread and the posts you made in the past??

Honestly? . . . . errrrrrm . . . nope! undecided

Ok, maybe a lit bit! cheesy

lets put comments and opinions on Nairaland and other sentiments aside, I do believe you are very understanding annnnnnnd realistic.

Hmmmn . . Nice. But you do have a lot of faith dont you? Seeing as the only association we have is here on NL undecided
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2009
Ujujoan:

Honestly? . . . . errrrrrm . . . nope! undecided

Ok, maybe a lit bit! cheesy

Hmmmn . . Nice. But you do have a lot of faith dont you? Seeing as the only association we have is here on NL undecided
The net has a life of it's own.
I take comments made on the net, nairaland to be precise with a pinch of salt and yours is no different.

Leave faith or fate out of this, you are definitely a different person outside nairaland. agree??
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by whitelexi(m): 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2009
big rod:

[size=16pt]
this is a player`s anthem.
[/size]

ARE U A PLAYER? HOW DO U KNOW FOR SURE THEN?
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
The net has a life of it's own.
I take comments made on the net, nairaland to be precise with a pinch of salt and yours is no different.

Leave faith or fate out of this, you are definitely a different person outside nairaland.  agree??

Why dont you find out yourself huh?  wink cheesy
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by smooooooth: 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
something is sure cooking in here. smells nice smiley
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by whitelexi(m): 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2009
Ujujoan:

Why dont you find out yourself huh? wink cheesy

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2009
whitelexi:

shocked shocked shocked

Why the shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin

smooooooth:

something is sure cooking in here. smells nice smiley

Ok somebody's getting paranoid! grin
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by kellorah: 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2009
It depends on what traits. Some can be overlooked, cos afterall no one is perfect!

You see something u don't like in ur gf/bf and want to dump them for that reason, but what makes you think they haven't noticed something about u they don't like. If u can't live with it in silence then talk about it. If it can be sorted out, sort it out but don't end a good relationship just cos u don't like her bluntness, for example.  Don't die in silence or take it out on her all the time, u wont be helping urselves. I believe in fate and that everything happens for a reason so if u decide to break up with them because of it then u were not meant to be. You'll both move on eventually.

But don't settle for less, especially when u can do better.

smooooooth:

when u know what u want, then its not advisable to go for anything less, if u want that relationship to last, and if u find your partner doesnt have them, then just tell them, and move on, cos no  matter how nice u try to sound in breaking up, something still gets broken in the process. nice or not, break up hurts. so just say it as it it and get out!
WORDDD!!!
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2009
Ujujoan:

Why dont you find out yourself huh? wink cheesy
Trust me. I'm on it
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Vavavoom(m): 2:49pm On Nov 16, 2009
, of course with good reason, none should settle for less methinks, but shouldn't be found wanting of their prescription either
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by smooooooth: 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2009
Ujujoan:

Why the shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin

Ok somebody's getting paranoid! grin

i'm sure u meant that for white  grin

as for me i'm  cool

kellorah:

But don't settle for less, especially when u can do better.

GBAM!!

OMO IBO:

Trust me. I'm on it

op u dnt get ''selective'' after  lipsrsealed just incase she aint diff from her NL personality.  cheesy
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2009
oga smooooooth, wetin u dey yan??
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by shileowo: 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2009
thats y people end up being single 4 looong time. no condition is permanent. while u r looking to tick all the boxes, ur own qualities are fading away. for guy, plus all other tns, fine boy and libido is going down, 4 girls,2 obvious, esp the attackers in the front (even wen not used)goes down (gravity).  U decide to lower the prerequisite,then, time is running out. desperate measures kicks in, eg, lesbianism, fonication and all bad habits.  take watever life throws at u and make the best use of it. THE END

1 Like

Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2009
OMO IBO:

Trust me. I'm on it

Intresting . . . .  

OMO IBO:

oga smooooooth, wetin u dey yan??

Was wondering about that too  undecided

Trust Nlers to always fish for romance where it's not existing. Yet again one of the unwritten rules here . .  NEVER banter with the opposite sex if you dont want to be 'coupled' for life!
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by ayobase(m): 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2009
Yeah, it is good to be selective, but fastidious.
U wanna be selective?
Make it fast to know what u want, rather than
wasting his/her times by sucking all
the most valuables of his/her life!

then later coming up with the Motto "it's me, not you"
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Vavavoom(m): 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
shileowo:

thats y people end up being single 4 looong time. no condition is permanent. while u r looking to tick all the boxes, your own qualities are fading away. for guy, plus all other tns, fine boy and libido is going down, 4 girls,2 obvious, esp the attackers in the front (even wen not used)goes down (gravity).  U decide to lower the prerequisite,then, time is running out. desperate measures kicks in, eg, lesbianism, fonication and all bad habits.  take watever life throws at u and make the best use of it. THE END

Principles and cherished values needn't burn with time,and only the desparate define such as a function of time, more so your purported qualities will also depreciate with time and if one was to accept another becaue of such they might as well dump when that happens! Selcet values, not physical traits. You may never meet your march but your values will endure.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by ayobase(m): 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
Yeah, it is good to be selective, but fastidious.
U wanna be selective?
Make it fast to know what u want, rather than
wasting his/her times by sucking all
the most valuables of his/her life!

then later coming up with the Motto "it's me, not you"
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by 700john: 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2009
well, the need for divine guidance is imperative in the Art of decision making ! Turn to God , He can guide all the way thru.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by iice(f): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2009
Vavavoom:

Principles and cherished values needn't burn with time,and only the desparate define such as a function of time, more so your purported qualities will also depreciate with time and if one was to accept another becaue of such they might as well dump when that happens! Selcet values, not physical traits. You may never meet your march but your values will endure.

Merci cheesy

@Topic. . .all about knowing what you want, what you can handle and what you don't want to handle. But then again. . .some people don't get to that stage cheesy

I'm an advocate of laying ish out as soon as possible. Don't have energy for long dance grin
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by zeedee(f): 4:41pm On Nov 16, 2009
@ Poster: You know your standards, Aint no problem.
BUT when the love bug bites, you'll forget all you wrote. My ex, I loved him to bits. There are some days he wouldn't have his bath (or brush) and I'm a neat freak, like O.C, But i still let him kiss me.
Now we're breaking up i'm trying to figure out if i'm relieved.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by zeedee(f): 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2009
madlady:

Spot on jore.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by madlady(f): 5:50pm On Nov 16, 2009
@zeedee,  kiss Thank you for getting what i said, someone else cut and posted my statement, sadly i could not understand the comment they made.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by jaybee3(m): 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2009
They are commending you for your level of reasoning.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by manoy(m): 5:54pm On Nov 16, 2009
@Zeedee,come here for , grin grin grin
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by manoy(m): 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2009
@madlady,BB is watching u.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by madlady(f): 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2009
@jay bee, the 1st person who cut and posted my statememt said something like, this was not cloth that was being purchased.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents / Ladies How Do You Feel At The Sight Of An Unclad Mad Man? / When A Man Is H0rny (meme Collections)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.