Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,731 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Nasty Experience I Had With Renewing My Nigerian Driver's Licence Yesterday - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nasty Experience I Had With Renewing My Nigerian Driver's Licence Yesterday (986 Views)

You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC / Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? / 6 Documents Every Nigerian Driver MUST Have Released By FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasty Experience I Had With Renewing My Nigerian Driver's Licence Yesterday by Wokeyim(f): 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2016
I NEED HELP HERE PLEASE!

So I paid for renewal of my driver's licence yesterday online and took my payment confirmation to Federal Road Safety Office at Oba Akinjobi Way, GRA for further processing. WHen it got to the capturing stage, the staff there informed me that I cannot be captured as my gender on their form reads MALE when I am obviously FEMALE.

This is an error I discovered during the processing f the initial licence when the new drivers licence was introduced a few years back. I pointed it out to their staff and was told it can only be corrected during renewal. Now the woman said I was not meant to have started the online process myself when I knew my licence had an issue; I should have done all of the renewal process at FRSC office where the GENDER can be corrected. She said the ONLY way out is for me to pay again for another licence (N10450, as I paid for 5years renewal).

I believe this is grossly and totally unfair. Nowhere on the FRSC portal is it written at what point corrections can be made on one's information (i.e. before or after payment). AT most I will have thought they will require an affidavit or something from me to confirm the gender and not ask me to go and pay again; according to her so a new validation ID will be generated where in my details will be corrected. This process she said is to be started and completed in their office. What then will happen to the first amount I paid and the processing so far?

I want FRSC to please look into this matter and ensure the completion of my renewal process because if what she says is what really obtains then i must say it is not right and is just a way of extorting money from people and should not be so. Had I decided to bribe a staff to process the licence for N18,000 for me as I initially wanted to, will i get this response/treatment from FRSC officials? Meanwhile I paid about N15,000 about three years back to obtain the new licence to one of their staff and yet they made this error on my gender. Now i decide to go through the process myself and still no headway...Anyone with useful information on how I can sort this out should send me an email at nitaebony@yahoo.com

Admin, please push this topic to frontpage so we can ensure it gets the attention it deserves as we do not know how many more people must have been subjected to this cruelty.

ATTn: Marpol
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove

Thanks.
Re: Nasty Experience I Had With Renewing My Nigerian Driver's Licence Yesterday by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
Since your lisence had an issue from the start, the right thing was to go to frsc office for the correction before proceeding for payment. Even if you didn't want to go through any third party it could have still been possible. With my experience on processing driver's license, no correction can be made after payment especially on name, gender and date of birth.
Re: Nasty Experience I Had With Renewing My Nigerian Driver's Licence Yesterday by Wokeyim(f): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2016
Thanks for your reply Madam. Why then can't they issue my licence with MALE, afterall that is how they issued the previous one. If corrections cannot be made after payment then there is a serious fault with that. If I were to pay a tax into a wrong account (for instance Company Income Tax into Education Tax Account), I may have to pay the CIT again but wont be told to forfeit the money I had credited wrongly into the Govt's EDT account. At worst, I will be told to apply to use the EDT liability for future EDT liabilities.

By this I mean there must be a formal way of clearing a problem like this and not to ask the client to make fresh payment. I have resolved to keep using my expired licence with the proof of payment and the processing documents I had got so far for another five years because i will not make any more payment on this issue.
Re: Nasty Experience I Had With Renewing My Nigerian Driver's Licence Yesterday by nurey(m): 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2016
Wokeyim:
I NEED HELP HERE PLEASE!

So I paid for renewal of my driver's licence yesterday online and took my payment confirmation to Federal Road Safety Office at Oba Akinjobi Way, GRA for further processing. WHen it got to the capturing stage, the staff there informed me that I cannot be captured as my gender on their form reads MALE when I am obviously FEMALE.

This is an error I discovered during the processing f the initial licence when the new drivers licence was introduced a few years back. I pointed it out to their staff and was told it can only be corrected during renewal. Now the woman said I was not meant to have started the online process myself when I knew my licence had an issue; I should have done all of the renewal process at FRSC office where the GENDER can be corrected. She said the ONLY way out is for me to pay again for another licence (N10450, as I paid for 5years renewal).

I believe this is grossly and totally unfair. Nowhere on the FRSC portal is it written at what point corrections can be made on one's information (i.e. before or after payment). AT most I will have thought they will require an affidavit or something from me to confirm the gender and not ask me to go and pay again; according to her so a new validation ID will be generated where in my details will be corrected. This process she said is to be started and completed in their office. What then will happen to the first amount I paid and the processing so far?

I want FRSC to please look into this matter and ensure the completion of my renewal process because if what she says is what really obtains then i must say it is not right and is just a way of extorting money from people and should not be so. Had I decided to bribe a staff to process the licence for N18,000 for me as I initially wanted to, will i get this response/treatment from FRSC officials? Meanwhile I paid about N15,000 about three years back to obtain the new licence to one of their staff and yet they made this error on my gender. Now i decide to go through the process myself and still no headway...Anyone with useful information on how I can sort this out should send me an email at nitaebony@yahoo.com

Admin, please push this topic to frontpage so we can ensure it gets the attention it deserves as we do not know how many more people must have been subjected to this cruelty.

ATTn: Marpol
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove

Thanks.

PLEASE can you provide a detailed step for the online renewal and how you paid. also the amount and necessary documents to print out to show the officers, cause my DL will expire soon. thanks

1 Like

Re: Nasty Experience I Had With Renewing My Nigerian Driver's Licence Yesterday by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 16, 2016
Wokeyim:
Thanks for your reply Madam. Why then can't they issue my licence with MALE, afterall that is how they issued the previous one. If corrections cannot be made after payment then there is a serious fault with that. If I were to pay a tax into a wrong account (for instance Company Income Tax into Education Tax Account), I may have to pay the CIT again but wont be told to forfeit the money I had credited wrongly into the Govt's EDT account. At worst, I will be told to apply to use the EDT liability for future EDT liabilities.

By this I mean there must be a formal way of clearing a problem like this and not to ask the client to make fresh payment. I have resolved to keep using my expired licence with the proof of payment and the processing documents I had got so far for another five years because i will not make any more payment on this issue.

With the change in our country right now, unfortunately it's affecting every thing and with the new system, if you are captured now on that error then there won't be hope of having your permanent license. You will only be left with the temporary license to drive with which will expire only in 2months and you will need to be going for extension /revalidation every 2months for the next yrs.

But if you drive with your expired lisence, a copy of your downloaded form and your evidence of payment don't think there will be a problem with that.

Good luck.
Re: Nasty Experience I Had With Renewing My Nigerian Driver's Licence Yesterday by Wokeyim(f): 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
achalugonata:

With the change in our country right now, unfortunately it's affecting every thing and with the new system, if you are captured now on that error then there won't be hope of having your permanent license. You will only be left with the temporary license to drive with which will expire only in 2months and you will need to be going for extension /revalidation every 2months for the next yrs.
But if you drive with your expired lisence, a copy of your downloaded form and your evidence of payment don't think there will be a problem with that.
Good luck.
[quote author=achalugonata post=51999211]

Alright Thanks Madam.

@Nurey just Google up federal road safety corps website to find their website then navigate to the section on drivers licence renewal. You will see fresh licence or renewal; select the one you want. It is a step by step and easy-to-go-through process. I paid with my debit MasterCard but you have the option to pay through the bank etc, there. Three years licence is 6k and 5yrs is 10k. N450 for bank charges.

Good luck.
Re: Nasty Experience I Had With Renewing My Nigerian Driver's Licence Yesterday by nurey(m): 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
[quote author=Wokeyim post=52043789][/quote]

Ok thanks, I followed it but seems I need my license to remain 20days before I can renew

(1) (Reply)

Help On Golf 3 / Honda 03 V6 / Mercedes-maybach Ultimate Luxury Fully Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.