Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good (73845 Views)

Apparently MMM is back, Apparently MMM is about to Crash. / 8 Reasons Why MMM Is A Perfect Scam / Why I Think MMM Is Not A "Helping" Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by macmoyor(m): 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
adefizzy:

Please stop arguing with that guy, he knows nothing about MMM, instead of him to come out straight, he's trying to get more info from you.

lols.. well one thing i know is that you cant con an honest man. why not educate me more on MMM??
Maybe MMM works for you or works in the Nigerian/African setting but logically the process don't add up.
How can you invest money where you have no guarantee of getting your investment back. Even if you invest as low as 5K you should be able to get your money at any given period..
For someone to tell you to invest your extra money or money you can afford to loose, waoo that must be a legit investment, right?. well thanks for the offer,i would pass that one.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by youngalex(m): 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
the Worst ponzi scheme in Nigeria is APC and their CHANGE
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2016
macmoyor:

nah bro. can you get me the details of whois lookup (if you know what that means) of the Nigerian mmm domain?

So if i had paid in money and waiting to get help before the closure of the system, so how can i opt out and get back the money i paid in ?
why are you asking question like a toddler angry

No one knows when the system will close, that's why it's called a Ponzi scheme and there has been enough warning join+you were told to use your spare money.

And about the website.... See what one of their top guilder said in the screenshot below

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by GBASKY: 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
oglalasioux:
I think MMM is gone for good for the following reasons :

1. There's no central account. This implies that the so called Mavros are simply electronic money. Everyone waiting to get help had provided help which they paid directly to other people in the past. They themselves argue that there's no central account. If there's indeed no central account where is their matured mavro? In the cloud?

2. I believe the system calculated that the get help overwhelmed the provide help. This overload may have happened a month ago and the system had no option than to shut down.

3. Unless new entrants provide enormous help in January, there's no way the get help group can recoup their money and that happening is very unlikely. The only way out is for the scheme to ask those whose monies are trapped to provide help again. That's akin to what happened in South Africa and Zimbabwe and we well know where they are now.

4. The outrageous bonuses drained the system of money that would've been used to settle new entrants. But the organizers knew all along that it's a scam so they built a long system of bonuses and cashed out. If the system was simply to help each other why the big bonuses?

5. It's very likely that there's a group who don't provide help but get help multiple times. Who can check except the site admin who will always include his cronies when matching for payment comes up. Why will they do this? Because they know it's gonna crash.

6. When Mavrodians started showing off their 'wealth' I knew the end was near. All that show off was to get new entrants but they miscalculated the number of gullible people in Nigeria. Once the limit of people who want to reap where they didn't sow was reached, the scheme had to crash.

7. That letter to the government was the clincher. If mmm doesn't return in January all the blame will go to the government and the media. That has always been the scape goat in every country that mmm failed.

I loathe everything gambling. Even breweries that give millions of free drinks during promos are simply getting rid of expired stock. Telecom companies will give you 1000 percent return on your recharge but will bill the hell out of you during calls. Nothing in the world is cheap or free.

HELLO MR OTONDO AND THE HIS INTERESTED FOLLOWERS I JUST GOT PAID #290K YESTERDAY AS MY 30 DAYS FREEZING PERIOD ENDS I GOT MATCHED . ALL YOU ASSHOLES WILL BE SURPRISED WITH WHAT THIS BEST PLATFORM ON THE PLANET WILL COME UP WITH IN JANUARY. ALL YOU WHO HAVE JOINED OTHER COPYCAT FORUMS WILL SURE RUN BACK . JUST WAIT AND SEE . I HAVE BEEN MATCHED FOR ANOTHER 680K NOW .KEEP BLABBING

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by Ndycharly: 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
That MMM froze all accounts till January doesn't mean it has crashed. It is ameasure to make it more stronger and reliable, So it baffles me to see people talking like illiterates. If you don't have confidence in it why putting your money.?

Let us not join hands with brown envelope media houses and Govt. who are looking for loophole to distablise and discourage people from MMM, who are doing better what they could not do. MMM ROCKs

1 Like

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
macmoyor:

lols.. well one thing i know is that you cant con an honest man. why not educate me more on MMM??
Maybe MMM works for you or works in the Nigerian/African setting but logically the process don't add up.
How can you invest money where you have no guarantee of getting your investment back. Even if you invest as low as 5K you should be able to get your money at any given period..
For someone to tell you to invest your extra money or money you can afford to loose, waoo that must be a legit investment, right?. well thanks for the offer,i would pass that one.
point out to me that business that guarantees a %100 safety investment undecided
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by oruma19: 8:00pm On Dec 16, 2016
Calculux95:
Correct me if I am wrong
But you are neither a participant nor a soothsayer therefore you have absolutely no business creating this list.

Just so you know participants are still actively providing help.

Kindly keep your negative views and opinions to yourself.

Stop taking medicine for other people's problems. .. go fix yours first.
#ISTANDWITHMMM
pls telk all these foolish people who aren't even participants. Wetin rily concern una? Na una money ni?
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by macmoyor(m): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
harmbhrosz:
point out to me that business that guarantees a %100 safety investment undecided

common bro, we are smarter than this Ok.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by seeyouseeme: 8:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
LesbianBoy:
undecided
exactly, na very mumu post
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
macmoyor:

common bro, we are smarter than this Ok.
I don't think you are o... I repeat, list those businesses that guarantees %100 safty on it capital...

I'm waiting......

3 Likes

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by macmoyor(m): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2016
harmbhrosz:
why are you asking question like a toddler angry

No one knows when the system will close, that's why it's called a Ponzi scheme and there has been enough warning join+you were told to use your spare money.

And about the website.... See what one of their top guilder said in the screenshot below

So are you FOR or AGAINST the scheme. Looks like both of us are gradually going in same direction. My initial understanding is that you were defending the scheme as a legit stuff. Would you just belief anything MMM said without asking questions?

Meanwhile if you don't know when the scheme would close, then why should someone go the hassle and heartbreak of investing in that kind of environment, so if i put in 1million# which is my last savings and the scheme crash the next day,so what kinda shit would i be into?
The thing is,if you want to be a member that's fine. I am just questioning the rationale behind it, and from what i have been into, its very easy to run a scam scheme via that MMM like venture.very easy.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by macmoyor(m): 8:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
harmbhrosz:
I don't think you are o... I repeat, list those businesses that guarantees %100 safty on it capital...

I'm waiting......

Well since you don't have the IQ to differentiate between a legit investment from an unlegit investment, then there is no ground for us to talk on this issue. Get your ass right first bro.

before that, So lets get to basics here: Can you define scam? or fraud? so if you see an email from me as a lawyer requesting that i need you to inherit a million dollars from my deceased client, or you have an email from me as a oil magnet looking for next of kin with potential pay of you receiving 100 million dollars, that would be a guaranteed investment for you ,right. am very sure you be an easy Mugu.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 8:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
macmoyor:

So are you FOR or AGAINST the scheme. Looks like both of us are gradually going in same direction. My initial understanding is that you were defending the scheme as a legit stuff. Would you just belief anything MMM said without asking questions?

Meanwhile if you don't know when the scheme would close, the why should someone go the hassle and heartbreak of investing in that kind of environment, so if i put in 1million# which is my last savings and the scheme crash the next day,so what kinda shit would i be into?
The thing is,if you want to be a member that's fine. I am just questioning the rationale behind it, and from what i have been into, its very easy to run a scam scheme via that MMM like venture.very easy.
it's now clear you haven't gotten anything from all what I said.

I wasn't speaking for nor against MMM... This conversation only started to correct your impression of thinking MMM is another Yahoo Yahoo thing where one boy somewhere is collecting people's money through one central donation.

I've said it severally and it is written everywhere to invest your Spare money not your last #1million naira savings undecided

The scheme is said not to be legit as in regards that it will eventually crash(nothing last forever) so on the long run when it crashes, some people will be at the receiving end not to get receive help anymore and those are the people that will loose

Like I said I'm not a participant... I'm just smart enough to be informing how MMM is running.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by colossus2: 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2016
adefizzy:

Online account freeze?! Lol, most of you bad belle don't know anything about MMM. Ask what you don't know, we will educate you.
You seem to know a lot about mmm.
Now tell me, in October were you aware it was gonna freeze in December. Be sincere smiley
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2016
#COPIED
MMM Zimbabwe made a lot of people rich but eventually made a lot more poor, typical of any pyramid/ponzi scheme that has come into existence.
Yes, the whole concept was to use “spare money” and this is probably the gospel your guiders preached throughout your participation but the truth is many participants succumb to the lure and excitement of earning “free money” at 30% interest just because you helped someone and at some point you would need help too.
In Zimbabwe, as we later realised, a lot of the guiders made a fair bit of money, with many of them converting their “mavros” the MMM digital currency into BitCoin and bought cars from Japan and continue to enjoy their money safely stored in BitCoin wallets, which is probably why a few weeks ago BitCoin in Nigeria was trading at an all-time high, they knew this was coming, and they cashed out before you could.
In Zimbabwe the first signs of MMM Zimbabwe coming to a halt when the Reserve Bank effectively distanced itself from any activity outside of its regulatory scope, they were powerless to either stop MMM Zimbabwe or help those who could potentially be affected by its subsequent demise.
This made a lot of MMM Zimbabwe participants wonder what exactly was going on to have the whole Reserve Bank come out and say they have nothing to do with MMM, confidence still remained but eyebrows started to get raised.
The smart participants caught wind of possible system crash and initiated a wave of withdrawals (GH) which led to another public blow for MMM Zimbabwe, the mobile payment system they had adopted as their primary means of transferring money to each other also distanced itself from MMM, citing it had nothing to do with any illegal activities that may or may not be happening on their platform. Again, confidence remained, but more eyebrows were raised.
Then MMM East Africa, MMM Zimbabwe’s parent organisation, froze all participants accounts and promised to have them reopened in a month after the Mavros system was replenished. The freezing allowed people to PH (deposit) but would not let anyone GH (withdraw) and this left a lot of people confused, the end of the fairytale ride was truly coming.
After the accounts were frozen, MMM was hit with increased public pressure which finally resulted in it reopening accounts, BUT, there was a catch, the Mavros had lost 80% of their value and were now trading at 1 USD = 5 Mavro, yet before it was trading at 1 USD = 1 Mavro,
We suspected that the change in the exchange rate was meant to prevent people from withdrawing as they could face massive losses of up to 80%. But on the other hand, the change in the exchange rate could have been placed to lure in new members after MMM promising that the exchange rate will stabilise back to 1-to-1 news existing members did not take well as new members would be offered free money while the old member are stuck in the system due to their accounts losing 80% of its value.
It was a take it or leave it stand-off between MMM Zimbabwe and its members, but that wasn’t the end of it, MMM then released another bombshell by granting participants access to just 1% value of their accounts, this is after the 80% reduction in value.
This meant that a participant may have had 10000 Mavros, losing 80% value to $2000, but can only withdraw 1% of that value which is $20, that is if they are fortunate enough to be matched with someone willing to Provide Help (PH). After the withdraw of 1% your account will be cleared out, leaving you with 0 Mavros in the system.
This was effectively the final blow and end of MMM Zimbabwe, very few participants got out with anything but the few that did are quite happy with all the hard work they put into getting new members and “guiding” them through the system earning bonuses and high-interest rates.
We were able to catch wind of some official communication which placed the affected MMM Zimbabwe Members at 66,000 and had MMM moving $3 million USD at its peak, a paltry figure if you compare Zimbabwe’s population to Nigeria’s which some media outlets are placing at a million victims.
Will you ever got your money back? Well its really up to you as participants but from MMM Zimbabwe experience the system is effectively shut down.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by colossus2: 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2016
harmbhrosz:

I'm waiting......
Is mmm a business?

1 Like

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by macmoyor(m): 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
harmbhrosz:
it's now clear you haven't gotten anything from all what I said.

I wasn't speaking for nor against MMM... This conversation only started to correct your impression of thinking MMM is another Yahoo Yahoo thing where one boy somewhere is collecting people's money through one central donation.

I've said it severally and it is written everywhere to invest your Spare money not your last #1million naira savings undecided

The scheme is said not to be legit as in regards that it will eventually crash(nothing last forever) so on the long run when it crashes, some people will be at the receiving end not to get receive help anymore and those are the people that will loose

Like I said I'm not a participant... I'm just smart enough to be informing how MMM is running.

well know you that there are different forms of yahoo2 right? My impression on my first post was not equate mmm to a typical yahoo runs but then they can share some familiarities. Before this mmm shit hit big in the news, lots of gangs fraudsters has been hitting it big with different schemes. even Nigerian banks are most hit targets. there is an article on how easy to penetrate the Nigerian banking servers and you wont believe how much Nigerian banks had lost as a result of online attacks. be it pithching etc..
I wasn't just comparing mmm to yahoo in tandem just like that.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
macmoyor:

Well since you don't have the IQ to differentiate between a legit investment from an unlegit investment, then there is no ground for us to talk on this issue. Get your ass right first bro.

before that, So lets get to basics here: Can you define scam? or fraud? so if you see an email from me as a lawyer requesting that i need you to inherit a million dollars from my deceased client, or you have an email from me as a oil magnet looking for next of kin with potential pay of you receiving 100 million dollars, that would be a guaranteed investment for you ,right. am very sure you be an easy Mugu.
lol....now it's insult bah?....
Let's go grin

Firstly there's nothing like unlegit in English language you can only find illegitimate as the opposite of legitimate

Secondly there's nothing like oil magnet in the dictionary, I'm sure you meant to say oil mogul

This goes along way to show how dull you are anyway, despite several clear explanation of things you still fell back to the yahoo yahoo plot which actually seems to be what your kind does for a living.

I asked you a very simple question of listing businesses that I'll put my money into and my money will be %100 safe but you'll rather spill trash by differentiating between fraud and scam.... Lol abeg you too dull cheesy
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by macmoyor(m): 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
colossus2:

Is mmm a business?

Ask him oo ??
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by macmoyor(m): 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
harmbhrosz:
lol....now it's insult bah?....
Let's go grin

Firstly there's nothing like unlegit in English language you can only find illegitimate as the opposite of legitimate

Secondly there's nothing like oil magnet in the dictionary, I'm sure you meant to say oil mogul

This goes along way to show how dull you are anyway, despite several clear explanation of things you still fell back to the yahoo yahoo plot which actually seems to be what your kind does for a living.

I asked you a very simple question of listing businesses that I'll put my money into and my money will be %100 safe but you'll rather spill trash by differentiating between fraud and scam.... Lol abeg you too dull cheesy

oboy this place is not an english class, so picking after my vocabs is useless.
people self dey yarn broken..so who gives a Bleep about vocabs.. get real bro
well you are a sharp guyman right,,,haha. anyone that does not play the mmm is dull by nija standard. you wan fast money ba..go ahead...

so is MMM a business?
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2016
colossus2:

Is mmm a business?
you don't just jump into a discussion my friend.... It will only make you look stupid

We were having a discussion that warranted that question....

Oya swerve undecided
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 8:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
macmoyor:

oboy this place is not an english class, so picking after my vocabs is useless.
people self dey yarn broken..so who gives a Bleep about vocabs.. get real bro

so is MMM a business?

I'm only correcting you so not to make such mistake somewhere important

MMM is not a business but an investment.....

Next!!!
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2016
macmoyor:

well know you that there are different forms of yahoo2 right? My impression on my first post was not equate mmm to a typical yahoo runs but then they can share some familiarities. Before this mmm shit hit big in the news, lots of gangs fraudsters has been hitting it big with different schemes. even Nigerian banks are most hit targets. there is an article on how easy to penetrate the Nigerian banking servers and you wont believe how much Nigerian banks had lost as a result of online attacks. be it pithching etc..
I wasn't just comparing mmm to yahoo in tandem just like that.
dude just stop talking already... You're sounding more dumb,

There are fraudsters everywhere... But the founder of MMM did not ask anyone to pay a dime into his account. Get that into your dead skull
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by macmoyor(m): 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2016
harmbhrosz:

I'm only correcting you so not to make such mistake somewhere important

MMM is not a business but an investment.....

Next!!!

if you can fall for mmm well you would fall for anything.. you are really a sharp guy right??. others are dull. ha,sounds about right..
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by macmoyor(m): 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2016
harmbhrosz:
dude just stop talking already... You're sounding more dumb,

There are fraudsters everywhere... But the founder of MMM did not ask anyone to pay a dime into his account. Get that into your dead skull

i didnt say anyone paid moeny to the founders account. can you quote me on that? .
dont even know why we going this far..
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2016
macmoyor:

if you can fall for mmm well you would fall for anything.. you are really a sharp guy right??. others are dull. ha,sounds about right..
dude....you're just too dumb

I've said it several times I'M NOT A PARTICIPANT OF MMM

Why I like MMM is that it has put smile on most of it participant(Nigerians) which is what the government has not/never done. Now instead of you slowpokes to channel that proposed smart brain of yours to government that has been ruining us, the banks that has been milking us, the policies that has been killing us, the politicians that has been looting us, you guys will rather make sure MMM dies... A scheme that was set for the sake of humanity to put smile on the faces of the common man

People didn't fell for MMM, they only took risk and risk is present in every fucking thing in life
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2016
I can't do without visiting NL for @least 5x in a day.
That has become a story since NL is now anti-MMM

Some idiots dnt even knw d ideology of MMM, yet dey spit rubbish...

Ur downfall await in 2017
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2016
macmoyor:

i didnt say anyone paid moeny to the founders account. can you quote me on that? .
dont even know why we going this far..
macmoyor:
Some nija peeps would call peps abroad and claim that they have no money for food and telling you how things are hard and all sob stories to spare them few $$.
I came to understand that these same peeps don't just have money but even have extra money to spare for mmm. so who is fooling who?

if you cant use your invested money in Xmas, whats the need for it after the time you need it? the mmm guys have frozen all the money for their own jolly,yet magas would be so blind and keep falling.

Our boys in Malay and SA what do you think we do for living when we come back with cars and throwing money around?
I can tell you that Nija peps fall mugu pass oyibo. and the irony is that nija peeps always claim smart..........This is just the beginning .
didn't you say it's the work of some yahoo boys just like you guys use to do in Malaysia then you'll come back home after you've scammed people grin to flash cars and throw money around because some people has fall Mugu(according to you)?
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by fashionale(m): 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2016
I can now see that Seun is out to kill MMM, bt I wonder what he stands to gain? Oh!! I now know. He'd been visited and given brown envelope by the financial institutions to help them spread the message of 'the death of MMM in Nigeria'. But by God's grace, MMM Nigeria has come to stay in Nigeria. Haters Will be shamed
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by basadenet: 9:35pm On Dec 16, 2016
Who told you? And where are your proofs?
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by fashionale(m): 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
I can now see that Seun is out to kill MMM, bt I wonder what he stands to gain? Oh!! I now know. He'd been visited and given brown envelope by the financial institutions to help them spread the message of 'the death of MMM in Nigeria'. But by God's grace, MMM Nigeria has come to stay in Nigeria. Haters Will be shamed. All of you coming here to write rubbish about MMM, you all are wicked.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by obindomanya(m): 10:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
FcMilan:
NEVA LIKED DS MMM frm day 1

but let's stop celebrating d failure all because ur friend asked u to join and u said nop

If we celebrate d failure of Mmm D's way den it goes deep to show how we hate ourselves

wen people were rejoicing abt MMM paying dem u didn't make it a top list gist

nw it has crashed ur making it a top gist jus to mk fun of dem

pls stories lik Dis if nt managed has SUICIDAL effect

let's reduce d MMM post fr Christ sake
simply use, what i call the reversal effect. I walked into a bet9ja office YESTERDAY, placed a bet with 3k on virtual/programmed bet. i lost it, i couldnt believe it, cos i insured it with a draw. (1X)..... My biggest pain, was the administrators/staffs burst into mad laugh. I just kept quiet! TODAY I JUST GOT IN, placed a 3-3 correct score, the idiots suddenly celebrating.GUESS WHAT, i shunned them- stupid psycophants. In life keep ur faith and leave psychos alone MMM s

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Check Out What I Saved From My Can Piggybank For 5 Months / MMM Nigeria This Is How MMM Zimbabwe Crashed. / MMM Participants Lose Patience, Attack Each Other, Guiders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.