Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. (133244 Views)

Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures / PHOTOS: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World’s 4th L / Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church,the World’s 4th Largest Auditorium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
DangotePikin:

Don't abuse Christianity because you don't agree with a man of God. This post isn't about Oyedepo. At least, we can agree that Kumuyi has been quite modest in mqny things. Follow God, make your Bible your guide, enough of the name calling towards Oyedepo.

Let them say. cheesy
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2016
Kingjoe7:

Y not ask ur govt to build hospitals, roads, etc.if they don't build cathedral were will they worship?under d son.
Complain to govt fr infrastructure not pastors cause u did not elect pastors

Well said. smiley
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
seyi360:

One of the few churches that has stood the test of time and transcended systems and cultures by remaining relevant in the big picture and scheme of things. Pastor Kumuyi will never be forgotten by history, his name will continue to ring bell till eternity.

Glory be to God in the highest!
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2016
jsplive:

Mr. Wisest, have you ever been told or informed that, most of these your so called billionaires, millionaires and thousandnaires, came to these churches and clergies with empty pockets while others came with serious crises of different kinds, that critics and haters of the Most High God like you, were not able to solve, but was only settled and taken care of, by God's divine grace through these same churches and clergies. A society without these religious structures will not only be lawless, unsettled and uncaring but also a complete disaster. Although, I'm already aware that billions of internet demons operating as humans are constantly on alert waiting to divert or destroy Godly topics and issues on arrival.

Good analysis. cheesy
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
orisa37:

God The Greatest! May Riches, Wealth, Power, Might, Honour, Glory, Majesty and Worship be Yours for ever and ever AMEN!!!!

Amen!

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
Jesuobu:

yeah I know the G. S(general supredendent) is used but just used general overseer to refer to the overall head of the church. Yeah you heared me right. I'm a member of the church but do not belong to any church but only belong to Jesus Christ.

Why waste your time in a church you don't agree with? And if you are to be a member you should be pillar and not a caterpillar.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
TheMascot:

you see? when that temple was built, if you can still remember it was during the richest period of the Israel in history, don't you remember how gold was practically worthless then in the Bible?
but the free feeding you have just mentioned now is one thing I will commend, very well, am not saying it's bad to build that sorry of house but In this present economy? no no no

Do you know how long it took them to build? Now I know how Nehemiah felt when he was building the walls of Jerusalem.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2016
Marsnizz:

W F kumuyi.This house of God is more than a stadium.I admire your style of leadership because you don't mislead using false prophesy,you are quiet,very active and dedicated in your ministry that why it is uniquely growing, counted among the bigest.It's the same qualities that makes you unique,exceptional and outstanding.

We praise the Lord for him. smiley
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
engineerboat:

The church is already constructing a flyover on that area that will take care if that

They will still find something to complain about. undecided
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
IgweBUIKE1:

deeper life is a distinguished ministry...

Well said. smiley
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2016
IgweBUIKE1:

Pls watch pastor kumuyi message on YouTube titled ;essential and non essential tradition in the house of God

That videoclip will surely clarify things he cannot presently understand.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by sanerugwei: 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
engineerboat:

My friend gets your facts tight please.

Have you been to the site to view it.

All what you are saying are all been considered and worked on.
View what exactly?
Considered and implemented are two different things?
Mr facts, sorry engineer facts tell us the adjoining street roads and alternative exit routes that have been created or repaired to mitigate traffic gridlock.
It was hellish years ago when the structure was much smaller, whenever they hold Sunday services.
Not a stranger to this sort of thing.
Traffic and crowd management is very dysfunctional when these services are by religious bodies of all persuasions. Just saying..
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by sanerugwei: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

They will still find something to complain about. undecided

The so called flyover being constructed was to replace an already existing bypass road in front of the structure according to other reports.
What's the big deal?
You take over a road and expand is as part of your church but replace same with an elevated road with your carpark beneath.
How will that solve the traffic problems that people complained about previously?
Mr defender of the dlb universe, over to you!!!
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

When Jesus said 'In My Father's House there are many mansions there.' What did He mean? undecided

The heavenly hope is not for everyone and Jesus spoke in parables a lot. When Jesus said he was going to bring down the temple in Jerusalem and rebuilt it in 3 days, he didn't mean that in a litral way rather, that was a metaphoric statement which was symbolic in respect to his death and resurrection in 3 days which did occur.

Jesus didn't bring down the temple and rebuilt it in 3 days because that wasn't what he meant when he said that. When Jesus talked about lots of massions in his father's house, he wasn't talking about physical structures in heaven bro and should not be interpreted in a litral manner.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by sanerugwei: 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
jsplive:

Mr. Wisest, have you ever been told or informed that, most of these your so called billionaires, millionaires and thousandnaires, came to these churches and clergies with empty pockets while others came with serious crises of different kinds, that critics and haters of the Most High God like you, were not able to solve, but was only settled and taken care of, by God's divine grace through these same churches and clergies. A society without these religious structures will not only be lawless, unsettled and uncaring but also a complete disaster. Although, I'm already aware that billions of internet demons operating as humans are constantly on alert waiting to divert or destroy Godly topics and issues on arrival.
This is a baseless post, unless you can categorically say the billionaires received financial assistances like loans and others from the so called big churches and clergymen in quote. And what about other billionaires who started with empty pockets yet did not go to your churches, what made them? Hardwork? if so then so did the church going billionaire. Hardwork and God's blessings, chikena.
Nigeria has millions of religious bodies yet its among the most lawless and poorest.
You why I started out saying your post is baselesd and non factual. No offense meant, just saying it as it is.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
byrron:

The heavenly hope is not for everyone and Jesus spoke in parables a lot. When Jesus said he was going to bring down the temple in Jerusalem and rebuilt it in 3 days, he didn't mean that in a litral way rather, that was a metaphoric statement which was symbolic in respect to his death and resurrection in 3 days which did occur.

Jesus didn't bring down the temple and rebuilt it in 3 days because that wasn't what he meant when he said that. When Jesus talked about lots of massions in his father's house, he wasn't talking about physical structures in heaven bro and should not be interpreted in a litral manner.

What did He mean when He said mansions? undecided
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2016
sanerugwei:

The so called flyover being constructed was to replace an already existing bypass road in front of the structure according to other reports.
What's the big deal?
You take over a road and expand is as part of your church but replace same with an elevated road with your carpark beneath.
How will that solve the traffic problems that people complained about previously?
Mr defender of the dlb universe, over to you!!!

It is becoming clear why only 2 people (Joshua and Caleb) made it to the promised land. embarassed
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Anas09: 5:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
Deban:
70% of Dutch people ate atheist. They believe in science. They give much more than any person I know. Reason why they have a rich society and high standard of living. My family live there. My son is 15 and says he does not eleven in God when I try to preach the concept of God to him. When he was 7 or 8, after taking to church (RCGG in Amsterdam), he would ask me if God exist, why do little kids suffer in Africa and why are kids dying in war zones around the world. Why can't God safe those kids. No logical answer to give than me talking faith. And, they make their decision from what they know. Religion is the opion of the poor.

My upbringing in Deeper Life through my mum anyway has kept me believing in God and holiness. But big building worth billions and a poor country where majority live on less than a dollar a day (absolute poverty)? No. It does not portray Godliness and holiness but vanity as preached by my mum (a core Deeper Lifer)
Its very unfortunate that although raised in a word based church, you know next to nothing about your faith.

Christinity is not a religion. You have almost lost your faith for lack of knowledge.

I will try to take you through the plight of man and how he found himself where he is today.

I'll try to make it as brief as i can.

Man, when i say 'Man', i believe you know what i mean (?) is the problem to himself and not God.

You rightly said, 'Religion is the Opium of the poor', in that, you very correct. But, who created religion? Was it God or Man? Pls i need your answer here.

When God created man, did God give him a religion? If yes, which religion was that?

My answer to that is NO. God did not give man a religion, He gave him a Kingdom. He gave man Power and authority to Dominate the earth.

God never gave man the power to dominate another man. Man was never created to rule over another human being.

Religion is the power to rule over fellow humans, where did that come from?

Lets see what God's original plan for man was;

Gen 1: 26.
Then the Lord God said, "Let us make man in our Image and after our likeness, and let them have DOMINION OVER THE FISH, BIRDS AND ALL THE LIVING THINGS on the earth.

Inside that Charge, you'd find man's original Mandate. Some people call it Calling, some call it purpose.

The purpose for which God created man was to for man to have rule over the earth. If you look inside DOMINION, you'd find the word DOMAIN. Domain means Kingdom.

What this means is that, When God created man, he empowered man by saying " Let them", allow them, give the the authority, let them do as they like over the earth.

And we saw it as God left every naming of all things to Adam without interferring.

What God actually intended for man was a kind of Common wealth kind of Government. God would colonize the earth, and He will be King over Man, and Man will be King over the other living things on earth.

But, what did man do afterwards?

He declared independence. Exacly the same thing the atheists are doing now. He said "I can do it myself, am man enough to care for myself, i dont need no King above me".

I hope you know what ensued after the rebellion?

But, what Adam did not know was, the very likeness he had which made him operate as God will be taken away when he declares independence. So, he did and not only lose the likeness of God, he lost his Kingdom.

He lost his Mandate, his purpose and his Calling.

It was at this Point that man's Quest began. And, it is that quest that has plunge us to where we are today and you getting so lost as to the right answer to give to your son.

When God created man, He spoke his Mandate to his essence, Man may have lost his Mandate and his kingdom, through which he could actualize his Mandate, but although he had lost his essense he still knew that he was created to rule. But now, what shall he rule over when his kingdom has been Usurped by the deciever?

He lost his kingdom to sin and Satan.

Now, man knows he has fallen, man needs his Kingdom back. But what can he do to regain and be restored back to his throne?

This is where Religion was given birth to.

The search for God.

Why is man searching for God?

He needs to appease, he needs to please. He needs his kingdom and is ready to do whatever it takes to be re-enstated.

But, the link that connected him with his God is cut off.

now, quesss who is in the other end acting as God? The very same deciever who has Usurped his Kingdom.

The God of Religion hides. He is distant. No matter how muchan tries to reach him, he can not. The more man tried to get close, the further that god receeded.

Satan hides in Objects, he hides behind bold human leaders, he hides behind relics, keeping man preoccupied with rituals.

It was at this point that demands were made from man. Do you want this? Bring that first.

Do you want that? Then, brings this first.

God demands nothing from man.

Since God created Man a domineering being, man can not rest until he beared rule on something.

Satan knows what God determined for man, Satan's Mandate on earth is to subvert God, so he makes Man do the exact opppsite of what God determined for man, HENCE, RELIGION.

HE MAKES MAN TO USE religion TO RULE over fellow man, which is opposed to God.

Error, rebellion, disobedience.

Why are they so many religions in the world?

What do you expect?

Satan is not Omnipresent. He can't be everywhere at all times, hence the distribution of demons to act as gods in all the societies of man around the world.

Satan is using Religion to rule man and man is so stupid not to know it.

Jesus Christ of Nazereth came to Establish God's Kingdom on earth. A resroration to the throne that Man has been pursuing God for, for years.

Christianity is the rehailding of the Kingdom, Its not a religion.

The KINGDOM SETS MAN FREE FROM RELIGION.

If you read through the Bible with sincereity, you'd see that the Mesaage of the Bible is about a King and his Kingdom, not about a religion.

A King and His Kingdom!!!!

We the believers are sub-kings, like the first Adam, ruling side by side him in obedience to his heavenly rules.

Jesus' prioriry message is "Seek ye first the Kingdom and its righteousness..." not a religion.

Seek the Kingdom.

What is a Kingdom?

It is tje sovereign rule of a King over a territory (domain) Impacting it with his Will, Purpose and intent.

God wants to rule earth along side man, because obviously Man needs help, but man keeps rebelling and disobeying every step of the way.

God wants His will executed on earth, His jurisdictions established, heavens influenced, Gods administration. This is what Christ came with,

But how many of the world's government want this?

You talk about Amsterdam. Maybe you should go back and find out upon which foundation Amsterdam was build on. Most of the Western Societies were build on Christian Foundations, followed the laws up, established those laws and made their citizens accountable for their actions.

Today you humanists come up to claim the development of those societies, maybe you should find out from where that development came from if not from Christianity as a bedrock.

Now, how many of African societies where build on righteousness? None. We were colonized, but our roots remained.

If you who claim Christianity can not tell your son, that no government of Africa is run on Theocracy, then, its a shame.

People, make choices but are not ready to live with the consequences.

If you reject God's rule, you want independeance, then why blame God for your fruits?

Man created RELIGION for himself. God never gave man religion.
RELIGION IS MAN'S GREATEST OBSTACLE to any meaningful development.

You make a mistake mixing God with religion. Be informed.

Godbless.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Here bro

https://www.nairaland.com/2931676/dealing-misconceptions-receive-mansions-heaven

We don't receive mansions , even sitting on throne should not be taken literally- the latter is arguable though
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by sanerugwei: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
ogunboss:
I don't know how many people here are aware that the church is building a #2.1Bn flyover in front of that church so as not to disturb commuters with traffic.
Did you also tell them that the church converted the road in front of of this structure into a car park.
It took away a road and its building another road in its place. Kini big deal?
Moreover the new flyover may not stop the attendant traffic unless traffic is diverted to alternative exit routs so motorist who have a choice can avoid that axis. That how its done in civilized climes
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Anas09: 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
Deban:
I grew up in this ministry. My mum and her mates started this ministry in Port Harcourt with Rev. Stephen Akiola at the Red Cross, by Station Bus Stop in PH. I still believe in its core message, holiness and repentance from sin. But, the ministry seems to be doing the exact thing they preached against in the past. I remember when TV was called the Devil's box which prompted my Dad to have his own living room with TV and fancy sculptures which my mum claimed were idols. And my mum will come into my Dad's living room to watch Pastor kumuyi on TV in the 80s, only to be reminded by my Dad that she is seeing watching the Devil's box.
I don't know if the Deeper Life I grew up in would actually believe in spending this much to build this gigantic project. I will take my mum up on a debate on this to see what she will say.
I hope the focus in Deeper Life is still for members to make heaven and not this gigantic building and I hope they have not joined the prosperity preaching.
Sir, am not Deeper Life, but i do not watch TV. Am now seeing and getting an understanding of why Pa Kumuyi banned TVs back then.

I have a Plasma on my wall, if it could talk, it would ask me why am still keeping it in my home. It doesn't come on.
Sir, do you watch tv and see what is going on inside it? Do you have kids? Pulissssss.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Here bro

https://www.nairaland.com/2931676/dealing-misconceptions-receive-mansions-heaven

We don't receive mansions , even sitting on throne should not be taken literally- the latter is arguable though

What did Jesus mean when He said that He is going to prepare a place for us? undecided
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Anas09: 5:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
Elxandre:

Keep quiet please.
People are speaking the truth you're talking about judgement.

Imagine if N5 billion is used to subsidize the school fees in their university, what that would mean in this recession.

The believers brought their items together for distribution among the poor members in Acts of Apostles.
What do we have now?

If the church was more involved in charitable works, they won't even have to evangelize much before people troop to churches.
You are so daft. How many Charitable organizations are ran by your father?
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Anas09: 5:34pm On Dec 18, 2016
UyiIredi:

No. Atheism has absolutely nothing to do with the Dutch's rich society. That is because of good governance.
My dear tell that Christian without pofolio.

The good governance which is as a result of a Christian foundation which over time has solidified the society and made them hold their citizens accountable.

Ask him if the society is good becos its build on atheism?
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Anas09: 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
UyiIredi:

Yes the church contributes to education and health but doubtless it is minute compared to the amount spent on religious activities. The sad thing is that churches and mosques have relatively little effect on people's morals. Rape, fraud, theft, lies, adultery, murder etc are even committed by clerics talkless of the congregation. If the church was doing it's job efficiently then those in power would be upstanding too bad such are too few go be of great effect despite the religiosity of Nigerians.
Its as a result of lack of accountability.

I saw a movie, "Anarchy". Gwad, if man is left without rule of law, Grecious Lord. What man can do? Shiiiiit.

Our society is the way it is because of
1. In Christianity, you are your own Watchman. No one judges you, and the society which shd help has broken down. So, its very hard to keep straight.
Besides, theres hunger, but the people who are even stealing are not the hungry ones.

2. Islam is in a Quest, its not about being good, its about taking over.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Anas09: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
jsplive:

Espercially in this platform. This platform was set up for internet demons to subvert the mesaage, but theres a time and season for us all.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Anas09: 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
orisa37:
To Johnnydon22: We had Shrines and Synagogues before Churches and Cathedrals before Mosques and Super Mosques. And now we have Auditoria. This is Forex, Money well spent for Tourism and Pilgrimage, "A Good Nature of God". "Blessed are the Poor in Spirit for they shall see God", the moment they step into these type of Deeper Life and Living Faith Auditoria. And both PMB & GEJ, Military & Philosophy would support this kind of Development anytime any day. Cheers!
The Poor in Spirit is not referring to lack of money oo
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

John 14:2-3King James Version (KJV)

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Mansions here does not mean physical buildings rather, it simply means heaven. Jesus was speaking directly to his faithful apostles in this scenario to whom he specifically promised them of joining him in heaven which is where he (Jesus)is going to be and the heaven is his fathers house.

There is no ambiguity here!
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by sanerugwei: 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

It is becoming clear why only 2 people (Joshua and Caleb) made it to the promised land. embarassed
You have not said anything.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Elxandre(m): 7:00pm On Dec 18, 2016
Anas09:

You are so daft. How many Charitable organizations are ran by your father?
You are thoroughly senseless!
These are the juvenile emotional outbursts you shallow people exhibit, when you have no modicum of intelligence to proffer a rebuttal to an argument.

Only an unthinking fellow will compare a church to an individual.
You are a disgrace.
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Elxandre(m): 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

You don't know the value of what you've got until you lose it. Most of the western countries that you envy now for their wealth and welfare are not as happy as countries such Naija. Only if you know what many of them are suffering from you will not be here envying them.
I don't think you are serious.

Till people start dropping dead before you'll acknowledge the suffering in Africa.

There are communities without electricity for several months now. Many in those communities can't even feed properly, and you talk of happiness.

You are shocking!
Re: Deeper Life Completes Its Headquarters Church Which Is The World's 4th Largest.. by Elxandre(m): 7:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Who told you Bill Gates is an atheist?
He's at best Agnostic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (30) (Reply)

Symbolism,Satanism,Illuminati,and Mind Control in Music / God Cartoons — Shine The Light ⬇️ / Do You Know That 'dab' Dance Move Is Anti-christ Demonic? Here's Why!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.