Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,781 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 (46193 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? / How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little / Factors To Consider When Buying / Renting A House - Comfortable Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
RichBanky:

Your thread has been very Educative.

Please do you have any idea of the current price of Plaster sand (10tonnes & 20tonnes) around Isawo in Ikorodu

My bricklayer gave me a quote i am not comfortable with.

Thank you

I just brought plaster sand last month at 27k and my supplier was willing to deliver to another friends site at 25k around Agric.

I'll advice you don't pay more than 27k at worst for 20tonnes .

Thanks for the appreciation..
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by RichBanky: 6:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
saydfact:

I just brought plaster sand last month at 27k and my supplier was willing to deliver to another friends site at 25k around Agric.

I'll advice you don't pay more than 27k at worst for 20tonnes .

Thanks for the appreciation..

Thanks for the quick response.

I just spoke with my bricklayer and He told me it is Shagamu Plaster (Sotubo).

he bought 10toness for 24k. Can this be true.

Kindly help me.

Regards
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 8:18am On Feb 15, 2017
RichBanky:

Thanks for the quick response.

I just spoke with my bricklayer and He told me it is Shagamu Plaster (Sotubo).

he bought 10toness for 24k. Can this be true.

Kindly help me.

Regards

Lets use 'common site' language - ask him if its single tipper or double tipper.

Double Tipper cost 25k - 27k

Single Tipper is a little above half that price.

He might be referring to double tipper as 10 tonnes.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by seunoj: 12:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
boss, I hail u. pls wat is d difference BTW 0.35, 0.45 and 0.55mm aluminum sheet. when, why and how can they be used for construction purpose
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 1:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
seunoj:
boss, I hail u. pls wat is d difference BTW 0.35, 0.45 and 0.55mm aluminum sheet. when, why and how can they be used for construction purpose

tHANKS - the difference is the thickness of the sheets.... 0.35mm thick - 0.75mm thick.

The thicker the sheet you use, the more durable and long lasting + quality it is - I wont advise anything less than 0.45mm.

GoodLuck
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 17, 2017
saydfact:

tHANKS - the difference is the thickness of the sheets.... 0.35mm thick - 0.75mm thick.

The thicker the sheet you use, the more durable and long lasting + quality it is - I wont advise anything less than 0.45mm.

GoodLuck

Sir when you say plaster sand is it refered to as Dagbolu sand ? is the current market price still 27k within lagos?

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 10:03am On Feb 17, 2017
Tritri:

Sir when you say plaster sand is it refered to as Dagbolu sand ? is the current market price still 27k within lagos?

Yes Dagbolu soft (because there are 2 types).
The price is still 25k - 27k depending on location in Ikorodu..
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
saydfact:

Yes Dagbolu soft (because there are 2 types).
The price is still 25k - 27k depending on location in Ikorodu..

Do you mind sharing the number of the seller ? Needed within lagos state egbeda.Thank U.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2017
Tritri:

Do you mind sharing the number of the seller ? Needed within lagos state egbeda.Thank U.

That price is for Ikorodu... I expect you might have to pay more in Egbeda axis.... Suppliers are one of the easiest to get, just walk to any of their Park - My suppliers can't work in that region also. (every supplier to his/her region of registration)
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 9:11am On Feb 27, 2017
saydfact:
Welcome back, hope your day has been wonderful so far?

No6: Windows, Doors and Burglary - This is one of the easiest works to estimate, you can simply work into a nearby workshop, get prices and multiple by the numbers of doors, windows or burglary on your project.

Let's generate our estimate thou.
Note:If you are one of those who would be using sliding windows (because it's cheaper) your effective window opening is halved; I guess that's old information right? #wink

To maximize your opening, Casement is the way to go and they're more expensive too. The overall production cost also depends on your manufacturers choice of material, Nigeria made profiles are more expensive and better, stronger than the imported ones, so if you want something good, insist on Nigeria profiles for your windows; might cost you some 5k more thou but would definitely last longer.

Material Cost:

Kitchen = 1200 x 1200
Store = 600 x 1200
Dining = 1500 x 1200
Bedrooms = 1500 x 1200 (x6)
Toilets = 600 x 600 (x4)
Living = 1200 x 1500 (x2)

15 Total Windows:
1500 x 1200 = 7 x 28k = 196k
1200 x 1500 = 2 x 28k = 56k
1200 x 1200 = 1 x 25k = 25k
600 x 1200 = 1 x 18k = 18k
600 x 600 = 4 x 15k = 60k

Window Total = N355,000 (If you get a bargain below this price for Nigeria profile <NOT imported>, hold it tight #wink)

11 Total Doors:
1200 x 2100 (steel) = 1 x 70k = 70k
900 x 2100 (steel) = 1 x 30k = 30k
900 x 2100 (wood) = 4 x 25k = 100k
750 x 2100 (wood) = 5 x 25k = 125k

Door Total = N325,000 (The iron doors are made with plates of various thickness, the ones used here are referred to as double plate and are more expensive than the single plate steel doors)

15 Total Burglary: same as windows
1500 x 1200 = 7 x 10k = 70k
1200 x 1500 = 2 x 10k = 20k
1200 x 1200 = 1 x 8.5k = 8.5k
600 x 1200 = 1 x 6k = 6k
600 x 600 = 4 x 4k = 16k

Burglary Total = N120,500 (I've used a 0.5mm thick half inch square-pipe for this quotation, you would be charged more or less depending on choice of iron, size and thickness used)

TOTAL MATERIAL COST = N800,500

Transportation Cost: N50,000 (I don't expect you to use the nearest Aluminum guys because you want to eliminate transportation cost, use the best man for the job - same applies to doors and burglary - infact I have a policy of not using anybody very close to my site)

Labour Cost:
Fixing of Windows, Doors and Burglary = N60,000 (The labour cost here is divided as; Aluminum guy -20k, Bricklayer - 30k and carpenter 10k)

TOTAL WORK IN THIS SECTION: N910,500 (Nine Hundred and Ten Thousand, Five Hundred Naira)

Were are those who say 3 million can complete a 3-Bedroom Flat? My question is what quality are you building? eg You could get a burglary of 1500x1200 done for you for 5k (instead of the 10k stated above) but using low quality iron pipes which would rust or break a year into its use, since we're talking personal houses, what's your gain if you don't do quality jobs - you would spend more repairing or replacing later)

Good Luck!!!

No7: Tiles (Next up for estimate is tiling works)

We would continue from here next week.
Stay Tuned.... THANKS.

Hi All,

One of the major building element affected by the present economic situation is the WINDOW & BUGLARY; perhaps more than any other building element or relatively higher than.

I would be getting latest prices of windows and updated this list accordingly. Note that the profiles used in calculating are equality ones - I dont know if the cheaper profiles can still fall withing that price list and I sure won't be bothered cos I wouldn't recommend them.

Thanks.

GoodLuck.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 2:40pm On Mar 19, 2017
ShegzyB:
@saydfact,

thanks for this thread. I really appreciate It tremendously. It is really helpful cos I lately started considering building my own house. I thought my income is too small to think of building now but after reading this, im really motivated to start.
I already have a target plan sketched in MS powerpoint, it is very similar to what you posted here. I have taken what you posted and gone ahead to make changes to it with MS Paint (just the way I want it, your suggestions would also be welcomed and considered).
I have 2 plots of land each at 2 different locations in Port Harcourt. My plan is to sell 2, use the proceed to build on 1 plot and let the other plot appreciate over the coming years (future investment for my kids).

of course, the plan needs the professional's touch to bring it up to scale. One major difference now would be the cost of materials in PH compared to your case study.... it can be significant.

What do you think?..... definitely following this and if all goes to plan, I will keep you abreast of my intentions.

thanks again for sharing this. Oh, let me also state that I like the fact that you go with the professional options.... way to go, buddy.

Have you started your building in PH?
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2017
saydfact:

Well done op, you are really doing a great job.

I have intentions of getting a piece of land early next month and saw two options for a plot.

1. 1 plot with cassava stems (minor clearing) - 600k
2. 1 plot with trees, virgin land - 450k

From the cost of clearing I saw on the first page, 10-20k per plot. Is it advisable to go for 2 plots of option two or 1 plot of option 1? Thanks.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Barrywilly(m): 3:37pm On Mar 19, 2017
Excellent analysis. This has really helped me in no small measure to have a great idea about my building project although mine is a four bedroom flat with 2 sitting rooms and the soil partly little swampy
saydfact:
Based on the many questions asked the last time out (see: https://www.nairaland.com/3502464/how-build-comfortable-house-earning ) we would go more into details, best working practice, cost implications and questions & answer using the attached plan as our case studies.... i.e we would arrive at an approximate cost of building the house attached.

(We would not be considering government determined processes e.g approval - it is practically impossible to get that info here - visit your local authorities for help)

No1: Preliminaries:
Under Preliminaries we refer to those activities that should be done, considered or made ready before the actual construction process begins. Most times we ignore this process forgetting how important it is. On a couple of occasion, I've visited people's site to help with foundation works only to discover there is a big tree or root where the building is located..

Other times, there is no access to drop materials or there is no provision for water (both for work and for workers to have their bath)

Now what are the important preliminaries we would be considering?

* Clear the bushes, cut the trees & uproot, except trees fall about 3m from building location.
* Buy a small tank for water storage or rent one for the time being (we would safe cash on this later).
* Ensure the tipper delivering materials can get to your site i.e all materials are dropped on your site.
* Ensure you negotiate with the Omo-onile on how much you're expected to pay before the day of foundation - but preferably, don't give them the money until the day of actual foundation works. Most times there is a fraction, and the fraction that didnt get the money would still disturb you. Giving while work is ongoing is perfect because both fraction would have representatives present.

COST IMPLICATION:
* Clearing and uprooting of trees (N5,000-7N,000 would clear your site while N10,000 would clear and uproot all trees)
* Water (find out how much a small tank goes for but it cost about N3,000 to rent & fill a tank of water)
* Workmen usually charge you extra if the material is not dropped on your site, because they also have to pay workers to move the material to the site. This sometimes is a lot we're talking about.
* Omo-onile could charge as much as N50k to 100k depending on your location.

>> Labour Cost: 10k

SUMMARY: The cost in this section are dependent on so many factors; its almost impossible to put a figure to it; my advice would be to safe about N100k for this section; most of that being fees paid to Omo-onile.

No2: Works Below Ground

Works in this sections include (but not limited to)
a. Setting Out
b. Digging
c. Foundation
d. Block-works to foundation
e. Filling
f. German floor

A. Setting Out: The bricklayers claim we waste money by using profiles (setting out using wood and ropes) but they often create problems with their method of setting out using blocks. Since this thread is not about anybody but professional practices, we'll consider setting out with profiles.

Materials Needed: (Based on the attached design)
1x12 plank = 4pcs, each sliced into 4 each.
Pegs = 32 pcs approx 3 dozen
Nails = 2" and 3" - buy about N1000 worth
Ropes = 4 bundles each at about N200

Workmen Needed:
One carpenter or anyone that can handle the hammer = Daily pay
One experienced Supervisor = If its an experienced bricklayer Zero Naira except he's not also doing the actual work, if you're getting a supervisor for this price would be around N10k.
The diggers or at least one of them = Cost wld be analyzed below.

COST IMPLICATION:
* Planks: 4 x 1200 = 4800
Cost of Slicing per line = N70 x 3lines = N210 x 4planks = N840
* Pegs: 3 dozens x 1200 = 3600
* Nails = N1000
* Ropes = N1000

>> Labour Cost - 12.5K

With a total of about N11,500 (material cost) - paying this amount to ensure your house is properly set out isn't bad investment - if your bricklayer is experienced thats good, you can however get someone to set it out for you for additional N5-N10K depending on your relationship with him or her. (Personally I do this most time for free if I designed the structure to ensure some in-experienced guys don't spoil/change my hard worked design)

B. Digging: The books recommend about 900mm depth for foundation but practically, its almost impossible to achieve this on very solid soil we're considering. If you can get your workers to achieve 450mm - 600mm depth great and a width of 675mm

If your plan like mine is to do a German floor, there is no need to dig out some wall partition - but if you have a plan to continue without German floor, then all wall partition should be dug (although I don't advice my clients to use the second method; I must be realistic that it comes with an initial cost most are not willing to spend)

ADVICE: I still recommend using experienced guys, people who are used to digging foundation (don't get the Hausa guy that cleared your site to dig because he did a good clearing work, or the Ibo / Yoruba guy because he claims he's done it before). The advantages are those doing this work are:
- Quicker
- They dig straight and ensure a level surface (makes it easy for the bricklayer)
- Saves time and material
- They charge appropriately.

The attached structure would cost you about 30K to dig; with six (6) quality hands digging, you should have it completed in a day or early hours of day 2; still in time for the foundation (concrete pouring) works.

COST IMPLICATION:
* Digging = N30,000 - N35,000
* Water for workmen = N1,000 (about 5 bags of pure water).

>> Labour cost - N35k

Note: We would give individual cost, but after each section add up to help your bargaining power - it means if all works sum up to say 30 naira, you can give all works out to the bricklayer at 25 naira - you're only asking for discount for giving him so much at once. #wink

C. Foundation: This is the first of many important works and where most people unnecessary save material and money; infact most bricklayers would even help you save here NOT BECAUSE THEY CARE but because it means less work for them at the same price of the actual work.

Normally the standard foundation thickness should be at about 150 - 175mm for bungalows (remember we're building on solid soil) yet you find some people using as little as 50mm - 75mm ie 2" - 3" - You end up using about 15 bags of cement, then claim the professional wanted to cheat you by recommending 35 bags - NO; the professionals' calculation was based on a standard 150mm thick foundation, what you did was 50mm or 75mm. Lets hope your house can withstand the weight to come.

MY ADVICE: Ensure your bricklayer starts from one corner and transfer levels across to the others - to ensure a level plain for the block works, if the foundation was dug well leveled, this should be a easy process. Every good bricklayer knows the importance of having a level plain; cheap labour is most times bad for the job. avoid picking your workmen based on cost only, especially if you're doing it yourself.

Materials Needed:
Volume of Concrete = 101.55m x 0.675m x 0.10m = 6.85m3 (based on attached design)
Cement (approx) = 27 - 30 bags
Sand: 20 tonnes (this should serve for all works minus German floor)
Granite: 30 tonnes (recommended) or 15 tonnes (being the minimum you should purchase)

* If you cant afford Granite, then buy Double tipper of gravel, however ask your supplier to ensure it doesn't have too much of sand, you could add the phrase "I'll reject it if sand is too much" - makes the supplier more alert to ensuring you get the best possible. Don't expect a miracle, gravel are mined with sand.

COST IMPLICATION:
Material Cost:
Granite (15 tonnes) = 60k - 65k
Granite (30 tonnes) = about 110k - 125k
Gravel (Double tipper) = 35k to Ikorodu;
Sharp sand (Double tipper) = 30k in Ikorodu; 55k to Mowe/Ibafo
Cement = N2,350 / bag (including transportation)

>> Labour cost - 25k

Note: Depending on your negotiation with your bricklayer, you might have to pay for renting of tools eg shovels, wheelbarrow etc, however, this shouldn't cost too much its about N100-N200 per day for most tools.

D. Block-works to Foundation: My recommendation here is even when you intend to build with 150mm (6"wink blocks, ensure you use quality 225mm (9"wink blocks for the foundation. We can't guarantee the strongest 6" is what you've brought so; spend a little more and safe your building. (I am aware that Ghanaian however build with 6" - solid block even in storey building)

Materials Needed:
9" Block @ 4 courses = 910 pcs (including waste). 9" cost btw N150 - N180 while 6" cost about N160 each, depending on quality and location.
Cement = 15 bags should do the job (Most times, there is a few left over from the foundation - so you'll only buy the balance) - Don't forget all calculation considers waste, so the less you waste, they more you save.

Sand? No, we've got enough

>> Labour cost - 50k

Since I recommended in my previous article that we negotiate all works above at once, lets see how much labour cost we have:
Setting out = 10k
Digging = 35k
Foundation = 25k
Block setting = 50k (see previous post if you need a hint on how we arrived at 50k)

Total: 122.5k we didn't add the 10k for site clearing (Now, how well can you negotiate?) - Put that to good use.

E. Filling: I actually don't advice anyone buys filling solely for this purpose, you would dig your septic tank / soak away one day, where would you put the filling? Probably pay to get it out of your site or sell at very cheap price. SO! DIG YOUR SEPTIC TANK and use the discarded filling for this purpose.

If you don't get enough filling to level your site, you'll only need to buy a few more trucks. see No3 below for detail of material and cost implication on septic tank.

Note: If you're using this option, then ensure you have enough cash to complete the septic tank/soak away 90% - 10% being the slab cover.

F. German floor: I recommend you do this, but I most also note that it comes with some cost implication. We'll analyze the cost below, then you can weigh your pocket.

Total Floor Area: 113.63m2
Volume of Concrete: 11.34m3

We'll try and generate a rate per m3 in-case you have a different design and volume.....hmmm, that rate would be N2500. (pls note that this rate does not work for decking and doesn't work if you're using machine)

Keep 5K at hand, the omo oniles' no dey take eye see concrete...

COST IMPLICATION:
Materials Needed:
Cement: 35 - 40 bags (4" thick)
Sand: 20 tonnes
Granite: 15 tonnes (but if you brought 30 tonnes initially, you're covered)

>> Labour Cost: 30K

No3: Septic Tank & Soak Away

Lets pick a size; but depending on your site that site might vary. In the previous article, my cousin had very little setback (remember I told you the site is less than half plots (18x18) - so, we picked a narrow width and a very long length to compensate.

Let's use Septic-Tank size of 2.4m width 3.0m length x 3.0m depth and Soak-Away 1.8m x 1.8m x 1.8m

COST IMPLICATION:
Materials Needed:
Septic Tank = 280 (9" blocks) & Soak away = 110 (6" blocks)
Cement = 8 bags (including concrete footing for septic tank and plastering of the inside)
Note: only septic tank has a concrete base, as the name implies soak-away is left natural so the water can be soaked into the underworld. #wink

>> Labour Cost:
* Bricklayer = 33.5k (all inclusive plus plastering) Normally I'll pay less, the bricklayer has justed finished foundation works and he's assured of the super-structure, this is where I tell him, look - you have a lot to do together, I can only pay 25k for all works....
* Digging only = 20k-25k

GENERAL SUMMARY: (Using the highest options i.e If cost above says 30k-50k; we'll be using 50k for this section)

TOTAL MATERIAL COST: N721,590
TOTAL LABOUR COST: N331,000

I EXPECT YOU WOULD SPEND LESS, BECAUSE WE USED THE WORST CASE SCENARIO.

Attached:
1. 3 Bedroom design used for this calculation
2. Excel Sheet for Break-Down

Note:
* Follow this thread or my account - we would not close this thread until we have completely built this house online. (Foundation - Painting) using Construction standards only.
* Our site is assumed to be a very solid clayey soil (if your site is waterlogged, swampy or sandy - discuss with a professional on visiting your site or share pictures here for help)

No4: Super Structure (Blockworks)

WE WOULD CONTINUE FROM THE ABOVE WORK ON THIS SAME THREAD NEXT WEEK; ASK YOUR QUESTIONS NOW.

Thanks.
I am an Architect for those who would be asking....

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2017
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

Well done op, you are really doing a great job.

I have intentions of getting a piece of land early next month and saw two options for a plot.

1. 1 plot with cassava stems (minor clearing) - 600k
2. 1 plot with trees, virgin land - 450k

From the cost of clearing I saw on the first page, 10-20k per plot. Is it advisable to go for 2 plots of option two or 1 plot of option 1? Thanks.

Go for the most secured land... Lol.

First u wld pay about 10k to the farmers before cutting the trees. Then u wld pay about 10k to the guys who wld cut the trees and finally u wld pay about 5k or more to uproot the trees... That's about 30k per plot.

The cost u saw on the post is made with the assumption that u have paid all this.... Or at least u have paid the first 20k..

Goodluck
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 9:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
saydfact:

Go for the most secured land... Lol.

First u wld pay about 10k to the farmers before cutting the trees. Then u wld pay about 10k to the guys who wld cut the trees and finally u wld pay about 5k or more to uproot the trees... That's about 30k per plot.

The cost u saw on the post is made with the assumption that u have paid all this.... Or at least u have paid the first 20k..

Goodluck

Thanks if that's he case, I may go with option 2.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by ShegzyB: 10:35am On Apr 03, 2017
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

Have you started your building in PH?

Not yet bro...... God dey..... too many other expenses.....with reduced buying power of money....it is well with me my broda.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by ShegzyB: 10:50am On Apr 03, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/4804205_aaaaa_jpeg_jpeg263cd50fd1b5d2e83221bb029dbf7169

pardon this question,

Can you fit two of this on a plot of land (30mx15m)? if so, approximately how many cars can the remaining space accommodate?

(considering required minimum distance btw fence and building)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 11:09am On Apr 03, 2017
ShegzyB:
https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/4804205_aaaaa_jpeg_jpeg263cd50fd1b5d2e83221bb029dbf7169

pardon this question,

Can you fit two of this on a plot of land (30mx15m)? if so, approximately how many cars can the remaining space accommodate?

(considering required minimum distance btw fence and building)

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2017
ShegzyB:

Not yet bro...... God dey..... too many other expenses.....with reduced buying power of money....it is well with me my broda.

Amen. I had to move mine to Bayelsa. The whole community boys issue is worrisome.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by pato405(m): 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
GOOD COST EFFICIENT BUILDING BUDGET
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 4:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by abyssone: 2:07pm On May 04, 2017
@saydfact what about the section on roofing? How much will it cost including labour to roof the said building?
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 2:17pm On May 04, 2017
abyssone:
@saydfact what about the section on roofing? How much will it cost including labour to roof the said building?

Kindly scroll up, you'll see it on this page, it's also on page 2... Thanks.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by abyssone: 2:19pm On May 04, 2017
saydfact:
NOW LETS DISCUSS ? ONCE WE'RE OK, WE CONTINUE BUILDING

updates:

1. Block-works (super-structure) added

2. Added cost of Roofing using Aluminum long span

3. Latest Update; Cost of Windows, Doors and Burglary was added

4. Latest Update; Cost of Tiling entire Floor and Toilet Walls (only)

5. Latest Update; Added cost of plastering (internal and external walls)

@saydfact what about the roofing update. I currently have a 3bed in Ikorodu and will need like an estimate for d roof.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by abyssone: 2:20pm On May 04, 2017
saydfact:

Kindly scroll up, you'll see it on this page, it's also on page 2... Thanks.

Thanks chief. Will check and revert.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 2:41pm On May 04, 2017
abyssone:

@saydfact what about the roofing update. I currently have a 3bed in Ikorodu and will need like an estimate for d roof.

Its UPDATE NO 2
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by hotmomma(f): 2:42pm On May 05, 2017
Saydfact, beautiful analysis, pls can u help analyse cost of foundation, German floor up to decking level of a 3bed flat and mini flat together on a 30by100ft land.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 3:00pm On May 05, 2017
hotmomma:
Saydfact, beautiful analysis, pls can u help analyse cost of foundation, German floor up to decking level of a 3bed flat and mini flat together on a 30by100ft land.

sure can, sent u a mail
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Lightfeathers: 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
Oga Saydfact... you have been very very helpful. My prayer is with you. Please, I need your advice on cost implication to roof a 12m X 14m apartment using 0.55 thickness aluminium sheet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2017
Lightfeathers:
Oga Saydfact... you have been very very helpful. My prayer is with you. Please, I need your advice on cost implication to roof a 12m X 14m apartment using 0.55 thickness aluminium sheet.

Thanks - I'll do a rough estimate soon, quote me in 30mins if i've not replied - i'll assume roof height of 3.6m and a simple HIP-ROOF design

Regards

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2017
Lightfeathers:

Carcase:

2by6 = 48 pcs (Tie-Beam)
3by4 = 23 pcs
2by4 = 190 pcs
2by3 =100 pcs
2by2 = 230 pcs (@600by600 spacing)
1by12 = 18 pcs (Facial board)

Find out the price of wood in your area and multiple it by the quantities above.

Roofing:

Roofing sheet wld cost = 645k (0.55 @ N2100/m)
Facial board / flashing = 45k
Ridge cap, accessories etc = 60k (estimate not calculated)

Whatever you get, have 100k in hand extra - for miscellaneous, nails, straps (oja agba), transport etc

Roof Design is Attached.

GoodLuck...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Distressed 3-Storey Building At No 7, Sule Close, Apapa / Iganmu: LASEMA Raises / How To Prevent Your Prepaid Electricity Meter Card From Running Out Fast / Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.