Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 (46240 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? / How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little / Factors To Consider When Buying / Renting A House - Comfortable Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by hotmomma(f): 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2017
saydfact:

sure can, sent u a mail

I sent this mail since and till now no response from you.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
hotmomma:

I sent this mail since and till now no response from you.

sorry i must have missed it or perhaps it skipped my mind - whats the question again.. thanks
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
Saydfact, beautiful analysis, pls can u help analyse cost of foundation, German floor up to decking level of a 3bed flat and mini flat together on a 30by100ft land.

@ hotmomma:

what you asked is not different from what we've done on this thread - apply the same principles but if you want it done by me, pls contact me via mail..

also attached ur building designs

Thanks.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by folmus: 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2017
saydfact:
No8: Plastering of walls (Internal & External)

For plastering - we'll generate a rate for 1m2 of space and multiple by our total surface area (Perimeter of internal spaces + Perimeter of external walls; the total multiplied by 3m (height of building). A second method would be to get an approximate cost using the rate charged by bricklayers for daily work and remove discount. Lets do the maths.

IN FIGURES:
Workmanship:
Total Square Area of Surfaces = [3 x (External wall + Internal wall)] - (Area of doors + Area of windows) = 370m2 approx
Rate per m2 = Company rate is 350 / m2

Workmanship = 129.5K since i'm giving the job out in bulk (at once) I'll claim discount and pay about 100k

LETS RECALCULATE USING DAILY RATE:
In this method; the bricklayer charges about N4500 for 2 walls (minus dressing of openings) which is about 20m2 i.e we have 370/20 daily works = N84K BUT thats for the surfaces only - they usually charge a days work for 2 windows (doors would sort themselves out once you install architrave) hence; 20 windows = 4500*20/2 = 4500*10 = 45k lets add up.

Workmanship = N84k + 45k = 129k (If you're plastering in bits ie you ask them to plaster a room this week and return the following week for another room, as you get fund; then this method applies to you can you cant get discount - you might even pay more)

Materials Needed:
Plaster Sand = Buy 40 tonnes of sand i.e 2 tippers = (25k x 2) in Ikorodu find out how much it cost in your area.
Cement = Lets generate an estimate based on our second method above; You need about 3 bags for 2 walls ie 3 bag for 20m2 of surface.

Hence: 370/20 x 3 bags = 18.5 x 3 = 55 bags (add 10% for waste and dressing) = 60 bags approx @ 2350 = 141k

Water = At this stage you should have alternative sources of water other than buying in bits eg borehole, rain water stored in your septic tank but if not then budget for buying)

Always budget for miscellaneous; lets allow 50k in this section.

Grand Total: N370,000:00K (Three Hundred and Twenty Thousand Naira Only)

DEPENDING ON ADDITIONAL DETAILS, YOU MIGHT NEED TO INCREASE YOUR BUDGET i.e Details like Window Hoods, POP designs to windows, arc-ways etc

Good Luck.

To Be Continued:
Stay Tuned.... THANKS.

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Nbg4real: 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
Good Afternoon, please my building is ar decking level can you help me with the no. of bags of cement that wiil be enough to deck a total area of 10.5mx12m

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nbg4real:
Good Afternoon, please my building is ar decking level can you help me with the no. of bags of cement that wiil be enough to deck a total area of 10.5mx12m

With proper mix 75 - 80 bags... . Anything less expecially below 60 cld be poor mix.

Good luck
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Nbg4real: 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
saydfact:

With proper mix 75 - 80 bags... . Anything less expecially below 60 cld be poor mix.

Good luck
thank you sir, please any idea on how much will be paid per bag of cement or per square meter i mean the labourers charges?
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by davodyguy: 12:32am On Jul 02, 2017
Nice
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by davodyguy: 12:35am On Jul 02, 2017
saydfact:

Good luck

Your contact
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Nbg4real: 6:40am On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=davodyguy post=58034598]

Your
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 11:16am On Jul 03, 2017
davodyguy:

Your contact

ignore the guy above - i've sent you a mail. regards
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Martin0(m): 11:57am On Jul 03, 2017
saydfact:
HI ALL.

Sorry for the long break - I've been busy writing articles not related to buildings....

We'll continue with our pricing early next week.

Stay Tuned and Remember, A Comfortable House Pays Off......
bro show,we need to talk ooo

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by Martin0(m): 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
saydfact:

ignore the guy above - i've sent you a mail. regards
saydfact please send me an email@martinenui461@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by hotmomma(f): 8:30am On Jul 06, 2017
Hi saydfact, pls for foundation of a storey building of a 3bedroom and miniflat on a 30by100ft land, like how many bags of cement and blocks of 9inches do u think would be adequate?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 8:35am On Jul 06, 2017
hotmomma:
Hi saydfact, pls for foundation of a storey building of a 3bedroom and miniflat on a 30by100ft land, like how many bags of cement and blocks of 9inches do u think would be adequate?

My reply can't be 100% correct unless I see the plans. But you'll be save to have 900-1000 blocks and 45 bags of Cement.

Offcourse, your design might mean you have lesser or more... Or just.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 8:39am On Jul 06, 2017
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by hotmomma(f): 10:23am On Jul 06, 2017
Wow, saydfact, thanks for the response, I was given very high quotation of blocks with almost same bags of cement as yours. Hmmm. I will send u the plan via your email.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 10:59am On Jul 06, 2017
hotmomma:
Wow, saydfact, thanks for the response, I was given very high quotation of blocks with almost same bags of cement as yours. Hmmm. I will send u the plan via your email.

mail received - i'll get back
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 11:12am On Jul 06, 2017
hotmomma:

From the plan you sent you'll need about 1200 Blocks (9"wink for the foundation i.e 4 courses of blocks... The cement is still as stated above (Plus or Minus) but I'll go with Plus believing you wont compromise on the pillars / column that wld eventually transmit / carry the building load.

Good Luck
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by hotmomma(f): 12:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
Saydfact, God bless you for this analysis, I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
Good evening here, please I need your help. I need an estimate of how much it will cost to finish a 4-bedroom flat already at lintels level on a moderate budget. The building has a lobby and a living room.
I want to have an idea of how much it will cost to finish it, the money is not exactly available but if I have a rough estimate, then I can know where to start from and what to do with the little money on ground.
Your ideas are needed on the type of doors to use - affordable ones please.
Roofing sheets and ceiling materials.
please help me list the needed materials and the cost estimate.
Thanks.

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 9:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
[quote author=SPEEDEPITOME post=58519434]Good evening here, please I need your help. I need an estimate of how much it will cost to finish a 4-bedroom flat already at lintels level on a moderate budget. The building has a lobby and a living room.
I want to have an idea of how much it will cost to finish it, the money is not exactly available but if I have a rough estimate, then I can know where to start from and what to do with the little money on ground.
Your ideas are needed on the type of doors to use - afford

If u follow the principles explained here, u can get an idea.. . Your design is massive... I don't see u spending less than 4 - 5 million thou even on low budget ... That's not calculated thou
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 7:41am On Jul 18, 2017
Thank you Sir. Good morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by jackyraw09: 7:44am On Jul 19, 2017
What s ur WhatsApp number?
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 8:48am On Jul 19, 2017
jackyraw09:
What s ur WhatsApp number?

I'll send u a mail now.. . Thanks...
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by jackyraw09: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
saydfact:

I'll send u a mail now.. . Thanks...

The email address I have on my NL profile is no longer active. Can you post your phone number here ?
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 6:39am On Jul 20, 2017
jackyraw09:

The email address I have on my NL profile is no longer active. Can you post your phone number here ?

Cadsolutions2009@gmail.com.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by andaxon: 9:50am On Jul 20, 2017
Send a mail if you need a quote on Quality Aluminum Windows, Doors, Partition, Cladding and Curtain Wall.
andaxon.o @gmail.com
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by TenPassfour(m): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2017
Following,keep it up
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by dsaintJ4Real(m): 9:59am On Jul 26, 2017
Firstly, I want to appreciate this thread, @Saydfact. It helps small monthly earners like us who want to own a place of our own. If I cannot make it 3 bedroom, at least 2 bedroom or self contained, with the necessary calculations, as guided here.
So I am impatiently waiting for updates.

I have a question: I plan to start after the rainy season, although that's when the savings go 'plumb' to start meaningfully smiley. But when is the best time to build: during the rains, after the rains, or harmattan?

Thanks
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by saydfact(m): 10:02am On Jul 26, 2017
dsaintJ4Real:
Firstly, I want to appreciate this thread, @Saydfact. It helps small monthly earners like us who want to own a place of our own. If I cannot make it 3 bedroom, at least 2 bedroom or self contained, with the necessary calculations, as guided here.
So I am impatiently waiting for updates.

I have a question: I plan to start after the rainy season, although that's when the savings go 'plumb' to start meaningfully smiley. But when is the best time to build: during the rains, after the rains, or harmattan?

Thanks

Its a lot cheaper to build during the dry season and easier, so start after the rain..

goodluck

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 by claremont(m): 9:26am On Aug 09, 2017
Following thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Distressed 3-Storey Building At No 7, Sule Close, Apapa / Iganmu: LASEMA Raises / How To Prevent Your Prepaid Electricity Meter Card From Running Out Fast / Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.