Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,359 members, 7,780,981 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:48 AM

2012 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 2012 (1073 Views)

6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) / AMAA 2012 Nominees & Winners / “1st Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2012 : The Nominees Are..." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2012 by Epi: 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2009
Like seriously, i want to see this movie so bad. i heard Africa (as per movie) is the safest place to be when 2012 comes. Lawdy, Lawdy who (Nigerian) is going to let me stay with them when 2012 comes

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/16/movies/16box.html?_r=1&ref=arts
Re: 2012 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 15, 2009
i posted the streaming links to watch the movie online a few days ago, check the thread below and happy viewing:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=244544.msg4921618#msg4921618
Re: 2012 by chika98: 7:29am On Nov 16, 2009
I hope you don't buy into the whole end of the world crap! The movie was okay. It wasn't as good as i thought it'd be.
Re: 2012 by Epi: 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

i posted the streaming links to watch the movie online a few days ago, check the thread below and happy viewing:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=244544.msg4921618#msg4921618
u r too kind, thanks. I don't want to watch it on the internet since I am planning to see it @ the movies with some friends. Again, thanks for your kind offer
chika98:

I hope you don't buy into the whole end of the world crap!
I dunno what to believe but the thought about it is scary
Re: 2012 by morpheus24: 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2009
Epi:

Like seriously, i want to see this movie so bad. i heard Africa (as per movie) is the safest place to be when 2012 comes. Lawdy, Lawdy who (Nigerian) is going to let me stay with them when 2012 comes

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/16/movies/16box.html?_r=1&ref=arts

Actually scientifically speaking because of its position in the World and obvous lack there of, of natural disasters. It usually bears the least brunt of the cruel force of nature.

Its no wonder Life sprang out of Africa, cause there is no where else on earth meant to sustain it as far as Nature is concered.

The best line in the movie coincides with this phenomena when Chiwetel says" Nature will always select from itself of itself"
Re: 2012 by exlogx(m): 11:13am On Nov 18, 2009
i am goin to go watch this movie cheesy
Re: 2012 by Epi: 10:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
morpheus24:

Actually scientifically speaking because of its position in the World and obvous lack there of, of natural disasters. It usually bears the least brunt of the cruel force of nature.

Its no wonder Life sprang out of Africa, cause there is no where else on earth meant to sustain it as far as Nature is concered.

The best line in the movie coincides with this phenomena when Chiwetel says" Nature will always select from itself of itself"
man, u sound so intellignet that I believe everything u say. kiss r u a teacher?
exlogx:

i am goin to go watch this movie cheesy
me too, on Saturday cool
Re: 2012 by morpheus24: 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2009
Epi:

man, u sound so intellignet that I believe everything u say. kiss r u a teacher?me too, on Saturday cool

No I am one who believes education and information should be free to everyone but some people like to keep it for themselves so they have the advantage over others.
Re: 2012 by BSD: 6:56pm On Nov 20, 2009
Thank you for the link brownJay.
Re: 2012 by maedan(f): 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2009
Everyone's been going on abt dis movie. If Chiwetel is in it, i think it'll b good. Catchy title anyways.
Re: 2012 by Epi: 5:01am On Nov 23, 2009
chika98:

The movie was okay. It wasn't as good as i thought it'd be.
you are right on the money. what's with the ending, year 01? It's like God has nothing to do with the world ending undecided
morpheus24:

No I am one who believes education and information should be free to everyone but some people like to keep it for themselves so they have the advantage over others.
I like you!
Re: 2012 by Secretz(f): 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2009
The movie is SHIT!!!! It's all about special effects. angry
Re: 2012 by dolly9: 8:27pm On May 01, 2010
Why shd I watch such crap abt fake disasters. The overhyped hollywood movies nowadays are all abt the visual effects,unreasonable and weird storylines like avatar nothing to write home abt. I would rather a nigerian movie with a reasonable storyline than waste my tyme on dis one.
Re: 2012 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:41am On May 04, 2010
[size=13pt]This is the by far best disaster movie for a long time. Thrilling from the first quake to the end grin grin . There is every kind of disaster in it - water, volcano, earth quake, the most exciting car and plane rides - you get your money's worth and more wink . Far better than any of[i] Roland's[/i] previous movies. A good blend of grand scale disaster scenes and close up terror. The destruction of LA is stunning. Could have dwelt a bit longer in the other cities.

The only problem was the casting. Amanda Peet's face was stony and showed no terror or even anxiety. John Cusack was a little bit too un-leading man for the role. Chiwetel Ejiofor my fellow nigerian looked a little un-scientist grin grin grin . Thandie Newton came across as very un-American to be the first daughter. Danny Glover was a little too old and senile for the President - not dignified at all.

Screenplay had a few cheesy moments about "humanity" that could have been left out.

This should win best effects over Avatar any time. It will be hard to top this one for a long time. kiss kiss kiss smiley
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

DSTV Nigeria: Open All African Movie/entertainment Channels For ALL Subscribers / The Vampire Diaries Season 8 / Tv Contents Needed At Dexterity Tv Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.