Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,029 members, 7,803,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? (15111 Views)

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2009
@ poster
Long distance relationships works if you want to make it work.
Just don't break the contact thanks to different billing plans from our telephone operators. I'm talking from experience- I met my wife in Camp-NYSC in Yobe State, 2005. We departed in January 2006, she went back to school in Zaria while I went back home in Lagos, but we kept the contact. I was always travelling too and she was also.
I can tell you that we got married this year February-2009.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by londoner: 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2009
Glad it worked out for many here, its encouraging at least.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by axeman85(m): 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2009
@poster

its very difficult dont let trust issue bother you at all because if you do then you might end up breaking what would have been a long lastin which might lead to marriage. as i said earlier is all about the other person not about you in this case. you know if you guys were together then you will be able to talk more and sort out any issues at hand but because of the distance you have to endure most things. eg from friday till today i have spent £40 on calling credit alone mostly to my fiancee. and yes i am a man and since i have been with her i havent looked at any other woman. simply i wake up in the morning go to my school, work and home and that has been my routine for the last 15months, this only changes when i either want to go and buy foodstuffs which i do once a month or send money which is also once a month. sometimes i call her and she doesnt answer and when she eventually does i ask her why she didnt pick up if she says she is busy then i cant doubt her. since you are not there to see things yourself you just have to take their word for it.

just keep communicating and put your feelings aside because as you said if he is being pressurred at work and you are also complaining he might get too disturbed and end it all.

sorry for the long posting, just wanted to share a few things with you guys thats all.

1 Like

Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by cantell(m): 4:55am On Nov 17, 2009
@Londoner,
If you do, best of luck. I was just being honest with you. Truth is bitter but it must be told. Long distance relationship virtually works for everybody here. Its amazing!
Anyway, i wish you best of luck.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by baybbootz(f): 10:55am On Nov 17, 2009
lloll
cantelle lol 2 ur use ov virtually, grin grin

long dist hurts, me n ma baby r abt 2 kul it quits kz ov d distance we r abt 2 encounter cry cry cry
n i jus saw a clip ov d movie LEAP YEAR n it made me more sad cry cry cry
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by KennyG6(m): 11:09am On Nov 17, 2009
baybbootz:

lloll
cantelle lol 2 your use ov virtually, grin grin

long dist hurts, me n ma baby r abt 2 kul it quits kz ov d distance we r abt 2 encounter cry cry cry
n i jus saw a clip ov d movie LEAP YEAR n it made me more sad cry cry cry
awwwwwwwwhat a shame, still one man's misfortune is another man's blessing,
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by baybbootz(f): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2009
ahn ahn kenyyy, it deff aint yhur blessing oooo
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2009
Long distance relationships has its challenges but it does work if both partners are committed to the relationship and exhibit maximum trust. The time phrame must be definite and it must be for a purpose. You can not be in a long distance relationship for ever and expect it to work. But if the seperation is for a purpose i.e for study purpose, work purpose, and both of you are working things out, and understands the context of the purpose, it will definitely work out. I am in the Netherlands studying and my fiancee is in Nigeria schooling. We spoke a lot and it was not really easy for her for me to be away for two solid years because of the solace and support I do give her. Do i have challenges, yea, really. There are lots of temptations too but have come to realize what is the meaning of true relation and love, standing firm for each other even when distance and challenges apart. Thats what relationship is all about. Not trying to find any available skirts or nicks whwn ur partners is away. poster it is possible, just encourage the others in the Lord and work out a specific purpose.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by Pelummy(f): 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2009
@ POSTER,PLS GIRL TRACE UR MIND TO WHERE IT BELONG,WE ARE TALKING ABT LOVE HERE,DISTANCE MEANS NOTHING IN A RELATNSHIP WHERE TRUE LOVE EXIST.IT HAPPENED 2 ME & I OVERCOME IT.RIDE ON GIRL,ALL IS WELL
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by Pelummy(f): 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2009
@ POSTER,PLS GIRL TRACE UR MIND TO WHERE IT BELONG,WE ARE TALKING ABT LOVE HERE,DISTANCE MEANS NOTHING IN A RELATNSHIP WHERE TRUE LOVE EXIST.IT HAPPENED 2 ME & I OVERCOME IT.RIDE ON GIRL,ALL IS WELL
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by Kx: 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2009
what worked for A,may not work for B.

If u are in a longy,pls when ur partner tells u on fone dat he/she is eating pls trust whatever he says
even if they are on top of "u know what" at that point in time.

Longy thrives on trust.

But sometimes this international longy stuff,I mean a guy in naija,d girl in australia or UK etc or owise may
be for visa reasons essentially most times.

1 Like

Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by cutie44: 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2009
IT IS REALLY working for me and i know by the special grace of God it will lead to marriage, before he left Nigeria our relationship is not solid as such, i never knew he is going to take it so serious, i intend to start cheating on him, but on the long run, i found out that he loves and respects me alot, that makes me make up my mind and decide to be with him and him alone his attitude and ways of live make me have a change of mind now,  his family has meet with mine and i will be joining him soon. he pays virtually all my bills, schools fees despite the fact that am working as well.

SO IT WORKS FOR ME AND I KNOW IT CAN WORK FOR U AS WELL,

RIDE ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by Kx: 1:19pm On Nov 17, 2009
I forgot to add,
sometimes its not just for visa reason alone,it is equally
for cash motives. u know mugu 1 mugu 2 stuff.

They only take dem serious cos he/she can foot the immidiate bills.

Just my opinion sha!

1 Like

Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by marocguy(m): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2009
I've been readin d comments here n I'm happy 4 those dt it really works 4 n quite sad 4 myself. I hav tried severally but naffn. Simple youth service i went 2 n broke up wit her, Jst wish i wud meet som1 dat i can really hold on 2 even @ situatns lyk dis, Just wish,
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by marocguy(m): 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2009
I've been readin d comments here n I'm happy 4 those dt it really works 4 n quite sad 4 myself. I hav tried severally but naffn. Simple youth service i went 2 n broke up wit her, Jst wish i wud meet som1 dat i can really hold on 2 even @ situatns lyk dis, Just wish,
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by pecu5: 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2009
Hi Poster,

Long distance r/tship works when both parties are determined and committed to the rtship. I had one dat culminated into marriage 6 months ago. so be positive and trust yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by otukpo(f): 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2009
it depends.
it can work but not the best.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by intom: 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2009
it can last and it cannot last.it all depends on the invividauls involved.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by riversman: 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2009
can never work, grin, make the woman dey lick anotha man KOBOKO in my absence abi, cheesy
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by Rooneyboy(m): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2009
It's a really difficult thing girl. It takes only the grace of God for such relationship to work out.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by Busta(f): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2009
no!!
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by obaby: 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2009
it works,but u ve to be blind n deaf to somethings and u need a lot of patience n trust.ve been in my relationship for 8yrs and ve not seen him for 4yrs now.we re still 2geda n plannin to get married soon.but bliv me u ve to be prayerful.many thots n temptations will com.be wise.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by blackis(m): 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2009
The survival of LDR's depend mostly on the individuals involved. You'll both have to be true to yourselves
and talk about whether or not to maintain one. Iam currently in one and have been since 2007!! She's in
England and Iam in Nigeria and we're getting married next month. Now, it has its own peculiar challenges
but like in every other relationship type, open and sincere communication remains key. I can't remember a
day passing that we didnt speak with each other and we further reduce our phone bills when we make
internet calls. We argue, quarell, disagree, smile, laugh and share loads of stuff together even the pain
of loneliness. Yet, we keep encouraging each other on because it can be fun if you chose to make it fun.

However, insecurity can get the better part of you and make you lose your mind when you start wondering
how on earth it is possible for her to stay 'all this while' without getting 'serviced' if you know what i mean grin grin

Bottom line - it is possible! Wish you the best!!
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by OMG190: 2:34pm On Nov 17, 2009
if u wanna die Of HIGH BP

TRY IT

A wise is enough for the word~
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by babonboard(f): 2:55pm On Nov 17, 2009
@ poster yes long distance relationship does work it takes a lot of understanding and patience especially on the lady's part.
Iam a living testimony to it,my guy travelled barely 11months into our relationship and to God be d glory we married dis year after almost 3yrs apart.
It wasnt that easy we had ups and downs but like i said requires a LOT of PATIENCE on the lady's part.

1 Like

Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by Boboedom: 3:14pm On Nov 17, 2009
"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it is yours, if it doesn't, it never was",  sure it works depending on the two people. Just accept him as your very cherished friend for now and if it works out to marriage, then bless GOD. The mistake you will make is to think that he is your property and you must be in America  (abi where are you? ) and also be in Ghana. Don't be too possessive it makes most men run 4-40. Goodluck child. oh I forgot to say that I was in a long distant relationship with my wife for over 4 years before we finally got married.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by FUNMZIE(f): 4:02pm On Nov 17, 2009
Long distance relationship really works out fine. But not for all. it takes alot of sacrifices, trust nd guts.

1 Like

Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by zeedee(f): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2009
If your boyfriend doesn't live in the same town with you and therefore isn't seeing you almost everyday, best believe he is f***ing around.

Bunch of scams.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by melody4jaz(m): 4:58pm On Nov 17, 2009
LONG TIME RELATIONSHIP WORKS! It all depends on the individuals involve, i've been in a distance relationship for 3yrs now, and am getting married to her by Jan. next yr. although its not easy, trust is very essential in it.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by zeedee(f): 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2009
Did you ever cheat?
You can be honest, this is a pretty anonymous place.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by john1978: 5:13pm On Nov 17, 2009
Londoner this time around this does not again. as far as u are not engaged with the person. what u have to do is keep on going and also keep on for serching a better person. life goes on new thing comes out everyday

ok ur boy friend act tostery with girl, or u.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? by MissEZ(f): 5:18pm On Nov 17, 2009
@ Poster

Hi, i am currently in a long distance relationship so i understand how u feel. Mine is over a year long and i have to admit it is really hard cos i miss him so much. But I think Long distance relationship works if both partners are committed.
I dated my bf for less than a year and i had to leave naija suddenly, like in a space of two weeks. We decided that we were going to stay together and we have despite how hard it is. Making it work is a decision you both have to make.

In a relationship, someone always sacrifices more than the other. In dis case i do 90% of the calling, and somtyms i wish he would call, but he is always there for me. When i need to whine and complain, he is there to listen. WE talk abt everythn, from rly important stuff to very minute and insignificant gists. This keeps us connected even tho we are apart.

Somtyms you have to be the bigger person. Choose your battles wisely. Its not everything you argue or fight over. WE ladies dont know how to compliment our men. We think we are the only ones who like compliments. Make a man feel good abt himself and he will treat u right. Tell him he is the best, even when he is messing up (i am not talking abt yeye bois here o, i am talking abt a reasonable man who has bad days, just like we all do), tell him he is the only one for you,,etc. these are just some of the ways that you can add spice to ur relationship and make the distance more bearable.

Sounds like you also have some issues that you need to take care of. Why do u believe that its impossible for a man not to have sex. It is very possible. you need to stop letting ur insecurities get in the way. Give him the benefit of a doubt until you can prove that he is being unfaithful. There is nothing more unattractive than an insecure person. It doesnt matter how handsome or pretty u are, confidence is what adds that wow factor to a person. Learn to trust ur man, esp if he is a responsible person

I have done this with my bf and it works. I appreciate him for random little things he does and that makes him feel like a king, and cos of that, he cant imagine not being without me. In order to gain somethn, you have to lose somethn. Do you think your man is worth it? if u do, them work on it and pray. Na God de bless man

Good luck

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Lady Would You Smash Among These Ladies? / He Wants Sex After Dating For 2days / Women: 8 Benefits Of Having Big Breasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.