Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG (6340 Views)

3,050 Megawatts Mambilla Power Project In Taraba (Pictured) / National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW / Federal Ministry Of Power's Statement On The Blackout On The National Grid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by energywatchng: 7:11am On Dec 17, 2016
The Federal Government has said that the Zungeru Hydro Power Plant would add 700 megawatts of electricity to the national grid when completed.

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, made the disclosure in a statement issued by Etore Thomas, Deputy Director, Press, in the ministry.

The statement said that Mr. Fashola represented by the Director, Energy Resources in the Ministry, Emmanuel Ajayi, made the disclosure at the project site in Zungeru, Niger State.

Mr. Fashola said the project, being executed by a consortium of major Chinese companies, was one of the biggest hydro power projects in the country.

“It is a great and feasible feat that would boost the provision of electricity supply nation-wide.

“It is a good omen for the attainment of the present administration’s thrust of providing incremental, sustainable and uninterrupted power supply which Nigerians are yearning for.”

He commended the efforts of partners involved in the execution of the project and urged the host communities to maintain peace.

He said that government had put in place modalities to ensure adequate compensation and resettlement of those affected by the project site.

The statement indicated that the Governor of Niger State, Abubakar Bello, was represented by the Commissioner for Works and Transport, Abdulmalik Cheche.

“Niger State is housing yet another power project of 700MW; apart from the three other power projects already sited in the state, namely, Jebba, Kainji and Shiroro,” he was quoted as saying.

He commended the Federal Government for the project, noting that it had already created over 5,000 employment opportunities for the host communities.

Mr. Bello said that the deployment of soldiers to the site was to protect the huge investment made.

The Vice President, SinoHydro Consortuim, Xiao Jun, one of the contracting companies handling the project, said the company would maintain the project in line with the contract agreement.

http://www.energywatchng.com/700-megawatts-to-be-added-to-national-grid-fg/

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by slivertongue: 7:13am On Dec 17, 2016
ok oooooooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by temitemi1(m): 7:16am On Dec 17, 2016
During the raining season the zombies were shouting "fashola is working " well dry season don show face we no dey see fashola work again... This country is a big joke!

33 Likes

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by DropShot: 7:19am On Dec 17, 2016
Fashola is working

Haters are hating

Wailing zombies are wailing

PMB is resolute in his patriotic mission irrespective of detractors.

PMB till 2023.

12 Likes

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 17, 2016
temitemi1:
During the raining season the zombies were shouting "fashola is working " well dry season don show face we no dey see fashola work again... This country is a big joke!
they have suddenly gone dumb

19 Likes

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by dunkem21(m): 7:22am On Dec 17, 2016
temitemi1:

We no even see 1 Megawatt cheesy

16 Likes

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by okosodo: 7:25am On Dec 17, 2016
Mumu buhari should beg nebo and nnaji for solution not propaganda every second

4 Likes

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by temitemi1(m): 7:26am On Dec 17, 2016
My brother for the past four days now I have not been seen fashola work for my area here o grin
dunkem21:

We no even see 1 Megawatt cheesy

Minister of darkness cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by Iamvictor(m): 7:30am On Dec 17, 2016
FG can lie but God faithfulness remain unchanged.

It is my birthday today.... kindly wish me well.

22 Likes

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by nerodenero: 7:32am On Dec 17, 2016
Since they have been adding to the National grid, it is as though they're subtracting because the addition has never been felt. Power has never been stable and masses paying for power they was never consumed.

BRF, you be my man and I rep BFHS but I guess it's a rocket science now. Like the Daura man that thought governing Nigeria was like drinking Fura in Katsina, I guess he knows better now.
Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 17, 2016
Mere propaganda, when it comes to power in this administration am beginning to give up because we are not in raining season yet the megawatt is dropping

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by Chikelue2000(m): 7:41am On Dec 17, 2016
DropShot:
Fashola is working
Haters are hating
PMB till 2023.
nawa o, omo ur case don pass general hospital ikeja o!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by echelons(m): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2016
Story.
Always quoting figures as if the figures are going to power up my TV and fridge.

I was even beginning to applaud this man's effort in the power sector till this past 4 weeks. Have bought fuel worth more than I've paid for electricity bill since January.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by dhardline(m): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2016
If they added without telling us we would know but they know they will add nothing so they tell us they will add just to keep deceiving us.

Do the work already and stop talking

7 Likes

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by Nutase: 8:02am On Dec 17, 2016
Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by FunkyMetahuman: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2016
DropShot:
Fashola is working

Haters are hating

PMB till 2023.
I'm sure you used power bank to charge the phone you used to type this rubbish

21 Likes

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by sirOrubebe: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2016
This country has deep rooted issues that need divine intervention (seriously!).

We complain of government all the time, yet common Nigerians who have the opportunity to be in one position of authority or the other do worse.

For over 2 weeks now we haven't seen even a blink of electricity in our area. Why? We're told that greedy NEPA staff sold ''our light'' to another area! (just imagine).

After bringing outrageous bills for us to pay, now this?

I don't know how true that is, but it got me thinking that Nigeria's problem is really a big problem.

3 Likes

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by bakenda(m): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2016
Ok...waiting.
Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by Rick9(m): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2016
Y not 20,000 MW
Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by ajepako(f): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2016
Ok....Fellow Nigerians...

Let's give him the benefit of doubt...

Maybe Uncle Fash has finally obtained a degree in ROCKET SCIENCE....

With which he hopes to supply stable and uninterrupted electricity

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by Solowande(m): 8:04am On Dec 17, 2016
Fail govt. Always promising. GEJ we miss u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by arabralph(m): 8:05am On Dec 17, 2016
This is a joke,at a time we were getting this power stuff right, but I don't know what actually happened. GEJ I miss you. I now see the saying that the people deserve the kind of leaders they get.Nothing is just working except serving people with hunger as meal.

3 Likes

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by Solowande(m): 8:06am On Dec 17, 2016
Who those unbeatable liars want to deceive
Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by ebby9z(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2016
Adding to national grid won't make any difference. The transmission capacity isn't powerful and upgraded enough to transmit the available power.
Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by arabralph(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2016
[quote author=DropShot post=52002896]Fashola is working

Haters are hating

PMB till 2023.[may he ruin your life,the way he is ruining Nigeria in a parochial way]

1 Like

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by olisaEze(m): 8:13am On Dec 17, 2016
700mw from thunder/ lightening strikes? If they were really serious, they would have done it already before saying it. Govt of propaganda and failed promises

3 Likes

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by ifeanyi317(m): 8:14am On Dec 17, 2016
fashola is not about adding the national grid is about your transmission network being able to will the 700mw u adding cos last time I checked our problem is not adding more power to the national grid but stability of the power system in the country
so the earlier you start revamping the transmission company the better for us

1 Like

Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:14am On Dec 17, 2016
H
Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by sweetilicious(f): 8:15am On Dec 17, 2016
arabralph:
This is a joke,at a time we were getting this power stuff right, but I don't know what actually happened. GEJ I miss you. I now see the saying that the people deserve the kind of leaders they get.Nothing is just working except serving people with hunger as meal.
Lol but true. Everything i prepared that is in the freezer has melted. Using other forms of preservation will drain half of the nutrients. Nigeria go better
Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 17, 2016
Anyone who believes this fairy tale can also believe that Orunmila abi na oduduwa came down from heaven with a long rope .
Here In Niger State as rightly said, we have Zungeru, Shiroro, Jebba and Kainji yet we no dey see light for days, and when it eventually comes, it doesn't last 4hrs.
Matter of factly, a protest is being organised with the hashtag #OCCUPYAEDC at Minna tomorrow to protest this nonsense that has been going on since Buhari came in.

PS: I can see Dropshot above, dude must have just eaten watery beans for breakfast, bouncing him back to life after a period of hunger absence.
The life of a zombie, SMH.
Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by ajepako(f): 8:21am On Dec 17, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
I'm sure you used power bank to charge the phone you used to type this rubbish

He doesnt even live in the country you know?

Yet he waxes poetic about Baba Bubu like he knwos how hard things are in Naija
Re: 700 Megawatts To Be Added To National Grid – FG by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 17, 2016
700 MW is good, but the fact of the matter is that we need generation to be at 40000- 80000MW before we get to 24/7 power supply.

We also need to replace our transmission system, and expand it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? / Net Foreign Exchange Inflow Falls 56% To $3.2bn In 3yrs / NPC Staff E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census “Ad-hoc Staff” Opens.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.