Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,910 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

How Many Nigerians Will This “the Young Shall Grow Bus” Kill? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Many Nigerians Will This “the Young Shall Grow Bus” Kill? (2208 Views)

Let's Play A Game Shall We / 7 Reasons Nigerians Will Buy This N160m 2017 Bentley Bentayga SUV. / The 2017 Toyota C-HR Nigerians Will Definitely Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Nigerians Will This “the Young Shall Grow Bus” Kill? by AutoJoshNG: 9:50am On Dec 17, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToNYuk_D7LU

Dear Lord, we really need your intervention in this country. Leaders are not only passing wrong bills, vehicles and generators are also passing CO2 (Carbon Monoxide) emission everywhere.

I was going on my own o.. before this "The Young Shall Grow bus" came to unleash this thing you saw in the video above.

Without mincing words, CO2 emission is the single thing I hate the most about this our Nigeria. Man cannot even take fresh air again. To drive with windows down is a problem... Container trucks, BRT buses and Keke NAPEPs will not let you. The smoke is so tenacious it will even follow you to your house through your neigbour's generator.

I am very surprised no law in Nigeria tackles this emission issue. Global warming is real you know.. A few months ago, the Kara bridge river in Lagos went dry overnight and some people thought it was done from the village.. The signs of global warming are manifesting gradually but we remain oblivious.. Wake up Nigeria! Wake up!

We are busy killing ourselves for oil when it is fast losing its global relevance. Cars are going electric at a geometric pace. Countries are setting deadlines to eradicate petrol and diesel powered cars from their roads. Norway says by 2025 while Germany and others will follow by 2030.

Let us come together to stop this CANCER causing carcinogens. Let us come together to make this world a better place for our posterity.

Therefore, Government should hasten constant power supply... Senate should effect policies that will effectively tackle emissions... and all Nigerians should act now because CHEMOTHERAPY is not beans. Why drive a car that smokes? Why run your generator all night when inverters can be cheaper?

Kindly share and don't forget to tell us what you hate the most about Nigeria and proffer solutions.

https://autojosh.com/young-shall-grow/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

2 Likes

Re: How Many Nigerians Will This “the Young Shall Grow Bus” Kill? by Fidelismaria: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2016
sad sad sad

sadly nobody listens
Re: How Many Nigerians Will This “the Young Shall Grow Bus” Kill? by Teniolasmart: 10:44am On Dec 17, 2016
it not a new thing
Re: How Many Nigerians Will This “the Young Shall Grow Bus” Kill? by brandonobi(m): 10:49am On Dec 17, 2016
this is Nigeria o, if they ban these vehicles we will not travel and again it is not only buses, all types of trucks even small cars that have seen better days, I can tell u i was in a bus one day with one tikpa in front and nearly died of the rubbish it was spewing.

those electric cars u r talking bout, bfor they reach Nigeria...
Re: How Many Nigerians Will This “the Young Shall Grow Bus” Kill? by dokyOloye: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2016
Op,do U have a personal beef wt YSG?
Why are U taking it personal?
70% of d haulage trucks/big buses and even small vehicles are this way so why do U keep mentioning YSG and showing d pix of their vehicle as if they d only culprits?

1 Like

Re: How Many Nigerians Will This “the Young Shall Grow Bus” Kill? by diportivo: 11:39am On Dec 18, 2016
I dont get

Even the fuel we use,we avnt been able to fully utilize it,u r talking about alternative grin

Diesel will burn...and diesel vehicles will smoke..talkless of all the adulterated diesel we use here
Re: How Many Nigerians Will This “the Young Shall Grow Bus” Kill? by bsideboii(m): 12:01am On Dec 19, 2016
A thoughtful post Sir, look at what is happening in Beijing across their skyline.The earlier we put laws in place to curb Co2 emission,the better for us as a country. Lagos and Rivers most especially be warned.
Re: How Many Nigerians Will This “the Young Shall Grow Bus” Kill? by 9icetoo(m): 12:26am On Dec 20, 2016
that's unburnt fuel and not CO2 op. CO2 is odourless and colourless. 90% of heavy duty vehicles are culpable. if the government wants to get rid of stuffs like this, then it needs a very robust and expansive rail system first, then enforce strict compliance with emissions laws (which we don't have unfortunately). else this your proposal to ban buses like this will spike the cost of transportation of humans and goods in such a way that you have never witnessed ever in your lifetime. trust me.

(1) (Reply)

Hire Purchase / Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? / Power Steering Pump Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.