Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending (12319 Views)

BREAKING: House Of Reps At War Over 'june 12' / 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe / Sumner Shagari Sambo At War Zones: "Not All Journalists Are Lazy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by TheHerald: 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2016
The House of Reps Committee on Sports says it will not consider the 2017 budget unless it is given a detailed presentation of how the 2016 budget was spent by the Ministry of Sports.

The House Committee took this position following allegations from different federations in the Sports Ministry regarding the disbursement of funds.
As part of its duties in ensuring the implementation of the 2016 budget, the House committee met with the Minister of Sports and officials of the ministry on Friday.

The meeting also sought to tackle pending issues such as the allegations against the Ministry of Sports regarding the disbursement of funds to the various sports federations in the ministry as some of them are yet to receive allocations as stated in the 2016 budget.

The Minister of Sports and Youth Development, Solomon Dalung, said that he was not aware of such allegations and that putting up a defence would be injustice to the Sports Ministry.

The Minister also touched on funding for the Rio 2016 Olympics and the challenges faced by the Ministry.

A member of the committee, Danburam Nuhu, observed that the ministry ought not to spend beyond the funds approved by the National Assembly.

As the debate rounded off, the chairman of the committee, Bukar Lawal, said that the Minister would have to face the committee again on another day.

Committees are also expected to complete work on the 2016 budget as soon as possible as the 2017 budget proposal is already before the National Assembly.

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/reps-at-war-with-sport-minister-over-2016-budget-spending/#BVgyiz63Dk76IJIe.99
Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by Atiku2019: 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
Sack Dalung smiley

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by Flexherbal(m): 2:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
Our leaders need to be accountable!
Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by ojun50(m): 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
I will prefer he should be in prison giving d spending details in stead

19 Likes

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by tafrica(m): 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
Nigeria is not a serious nation. So if allegations weren't made against sport ministry, it wouldn't be asked to give details of 2016 budget spending.
I believe this should be a standard for all ministries whether alleged of corruption or not; let us know how our money is being spent.

Can Reps ask that all ministries give details of their expenditures?

ACCOUNTABILITY SHOULD BE THE WATCH WORD. Let's stop worshipping some people as having integrity, we know you are upright, but just give account of your stewardship.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by Chiedu4Trump: 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
Useless Sports Minister
Led By Useless President.
Trying all to make the whole country Useless

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by Martinola(m): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
Dis minister is d craziest joke of diz comic administration, imagine him saying he is not aware of d allegations in d ministry he is heading, wat an incompetent clown...diz man deserve to rot in prison...idiot man.

9 Likes

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by yekparikpa(m): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
#TeamDalungOut

2 Likes

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by Emyo(m): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
Sack this man please.

In other news:
Let help ourselves with N50,000 each from N12,500

Yes, and here is it.

You get times four of your money back immediately say in 48HRS.

This new scheme is well calculated that the website is stable.

You don't need to register over and over again that makes the website heavy and crash.

What am I saying. You can't just come and register. You most register through someone's ref link. You can not register more than four persons under you at a time. After four persons and you still want to register more, all you need do is click on recycle ♻ and the system will automatically match more six persons to pay you again. So no need to create different accounts.

Also, you not paying to someone you don't know. You paying directly to the person who referred you to the program. That's awesome. No scam.

The site is simple and loads very fast. So what are we waiting for.

As usual, I would like others to benefit from what I do. And I promise to provide two persons to you as soon as you register with N12,500 to get N50,000.

If you would like to get same your N50,000 within four days of registration please Join our whatsapp group because I can do that under 48Hrs to four days.

You allow me register you, you pay your N12,500 to who ever referred you. Then I will quickly register four persons under you so that you get N50,000 instantly.

So when you get this money you pay me a commission. angry grin

Meaning with 12,500 and through me you get free 42,500 within 48HRS to four days without doing anything at all.

Without referring a single soul.

So chat me up when you ready by joining this whatsapp group chat to see testimonies

Join this group and your First N50,000 in 48hrs is guaranteed.

https:///0WI4BXWodLR6eePcmvswdu

Discover the site whatsapp me on
Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by fulaniHERDSman(m): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
sad angry
That GOAT typifies what buhari government has become

5 Likes

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by engrdosmen01(m): 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
I blame his Oga MohaMMadu

3 Likes

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by DozieInc(m): 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
He knows nothing!
Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by holysainbj(m): 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2016
Let them stop him from wearing that red beret
that stuff covers his brain ...

3 Likes

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by FrskiT2: 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2016
Flexherbal:
Our leaders need to be accountable!
yes
Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by hoodmenconcept(m): 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2016
Dalung is a failure
Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by fulaniHERDSman(m): 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2016
engrdosmen01:
I blame his Oga MohaMMadu
MMM grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2016
ok
Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by frinx: 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
Dalung is never aware of anything happening in his ministry undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by lilprinze: 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
Am still surprised why that clueless idiot hasn't been sacked yet.

2 Likes

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by zinosleek(m): 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
Dalung is incompetent, controversial, lack knowledge of sport and if fraudulent, then this guy might just completely destroy sport in this country by 2019

6 Likes

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by Goldenheart(m): 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
angry Na everybody wan chop
Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by dee02(m): 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
If we expect that beret wearing prison warder to give a detailed presentation of his ministry's budget, we will wait till thy kingdom cometh!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by yankeedude(m): 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2016
That man is the weakest link in Buhari's government. I wonder what he is still doing there

1 Like

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by GbovoLee(m): 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
house of rep should jst govern nigeria already..its only them thats been tacklin this administration closely
Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by Miles300: 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
tafrica:
Nigeria is not a serious nation. So if allegations weren't made against sport ministry, it wouldn't be asked to give details of 2016 budget spending.
I believe this should be a standard for all ministries whether alleged of corruption or not; let us know how our money is being spent.

ACCOUNTABILITY SHOULD BE THE WATCH WORD. Let's stop worshipping some people as having integrity, we know you are upright, but just give account of your stewardship.
if only those useless leaders can av 0.5% of your reasoning ...

2 Likes

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by SexyNairalander: 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
booked
Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by MrCounselor: 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
Ok
Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by Pavore9: 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
That ministry has been a national embarrassment this year!

1 Like

Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by Charly68: 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chiedu4Trump:
Useless Sports Minister
Led By Useless President.
Trying all to make the whole country Useless
Habba! Why would you call your president a useless president? Where is your moral.. ?
Re: Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending by fkdmods: 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
tafrica:

The problem is, why wait till now to ask about expenditure? In a normal country, audits are done on government ministries on a regular basis, yearly. This is all for show as far as i am concerned. They should just approve the funds and let the looting continue. Nigeria and by extension, Nigerians, are not serious about stamping out corruption.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Commences Disbursement Of N20,000 Grant To Women In Rural Areas / 3 More Bethel Baptist Students Escape From Bandits / INEC Says Politicians Can’t Bypass BVAS Through Bought PVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.