Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,981 members, 7,799,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi (9453 Views)

Adeosun’s NYSC Certificate Is As Fake As Buhari’s Integrity - Farooq A. Kperogi / Four Quick Thoughts On The Zamfara Massacre By Farooq Kperogi / Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by emeka2847: 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
I have been a Buhari lover, but this article makes a lot of sense.

Saturday, December 17, 2016
12 Conditions for “Praising” Buhari
By Farooq A. Kperogi, Ph.D.

Twitter: @farooqkperogi

Buhari apologists say I have never praised Buhari since he came to power. Well, that’s not my job. I am a scholar. But I have defended Buhari many times in the past when I thought he was unfairly attacked.

For instance, in 2012 when pundits—and Jonathan’s media team—tore him to shreds for saying “kare jini, biri jini” [Hausa for “the dog and the baboon will be soaked in blood”], I vigorously defended him. Read my May 27, 2012 article titled, “Idioms, Mistranslation, and Abati’s Double Standards.”

Buhari and Babachir
In 2015, when he was ridiculed for saying “President Michelle of West Germany,” I also defended him with all the resources of logic and erudition I had. I explained to Nigerians that Buhari wasn’t “clueless” but was suffering from age-induced memory lapses colloquially called “senior moments” in America. Read my June 20, 2015 titled, “Criticizing Buhari Over ‘President Michelle of West Germany’ Gaffe is Ignorant.” (Also read my June 27, 2015 sequel titled, “Obama and Buhari: Comparing their ‘Senior Moments’.”)

Even when he visited the US in July 2015 and made his infamously unwise comment that he didn’t give a hang about people from the deep south who didn’t vote for him, I defended him because I thought he realized his error and retracted what he said in the same speech. Read my July 25, 2015 article titled, “President Buhari’s Grand Moments in America.” As recently as November 19, 2016, I defended him against false charges that he contributed millions of dollars to Hillary Clinton's campaign (see "Buhari's Phantom $500M Donation to Clinton's Campaign"wink. I can go on, but that’s irrelevant now.

Here is the deal. If Buhari apologists want my “praises”—and the “praises” of other disinterested, conscientious, and politically unaffiliated people who criticize this administration— let their idol do the following and they won’t be able to contain rapturous applause he’d get not just from me but from millions of Nigerians:

1. Assemble a sound economic advisory team to help him tackle our economic malaise. You can’t have 6 media aides and have only one diplomat (yes a diplomat!) as an economic adviser (who, by the way, is assigned to the VP’s office) in a time of recession and think people won’t call you clueless and unprepared.

2. Truthfully declare his assets and not the insincere, half-hearted job his media team did. No one forced Buhari to promise that he would publicly declare his assets. On February 20, 2015, he said, “I pledge to PUBLICLY declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment.”

Well, from his partial declaration, we at least know that Buhari has a house in Abuja even though he had always told Nigerians that he had houses only in Daura, Kaduna and Kano. Only multimillionaires and billionaires own homes in Abuja. Perceptive people know why Buhari is scared of publicly declaring his assets: it would give the lie to the image of modesty and frugality he studiously cultivated and promoted over the years. But he can prove us wrong by doing what he promised to do during the campaigns.

3. Sincerely investigate and prosecute the corrupt people in his administration. Secretary to the Government of the Federation David Lawal Babachir has become a byword for unspeakably high-profile corruption. He has been accused of all kinds of shady deals, including callously shortchanging IDPs, prompting the equally sleazy Senate to call for his prosecution.

Abba Kyari has been accused of all manner of corruption. Irrefutable documentary proofs of Buratai’s corruption have been published on Sahara Reporters. Amaechi has been accused of bribing judges. The list goes on. Not a word has been heard from the presidency in response to any of these accusations. But (corrupt) political opponents are hounded, even without firm evidence, in the name of “anti-corruption” fight.

People who know Buhari intimately say nothing will happen to corrupt people in his government as long as he is convinced that the corrupt people are "loyal" to him. Personal loyalty, not national interest, is all that matters to Buhari. That, in my dictionary, is also corruption. An invidiously selective anti-corruption fight is itself corruption.

4. Punish people who “padded” the 2016 budget [/b]and not merely transfer them, like Buhari did, to another ministry.

5. [b]Stop the social apartheid that allocates billions of naira to Aso Rock Clinic [/b]while public hospitals that serve millions of everyday people are underfunded.

6. [b]Obey his own directive to stop foreign medical treatment
for government officials. On April 27, 2016, Buhari said, “While this administration will not deny anyone of his or her fundamental human rights, we will certainly not encourage expending Nigerian hard earned resources on any government official seeking medical care abroad, when such can be handled in Nigeria.”

About a month later, he went to London to treat an ear infection. On December 2, Abba Kyari, Buhari’s ethically challenged Chief of Staff, was flown to London because he had “breathing difficulties.” Even with more than 3 billion naira a year budget, Aso Rock Clinic couldn’t treat “breathing difficulties.”

7. Investigate and overturn the unlawful, clandestine appointment [/b]of the children of politically connected people in various agencies of government.

8. [b]Bring down the price of petrol
AND make it available by repairing existing refineries and building new ones from the money saved from the last petrol price increase. Alternatively, he should encourage private sector investment in petrol refining— beyond Dangote.

Nigeria’s economy— and Nigerian life itself—is petrol-dependent in ways I have never seen anywhere. When you increase petrol price, the price of every other thing goes up and never comes down. I warned that the last petrol price hike would “ignite a hyperinflationary conflagration.” I was right. The “hyperinflationary conflagration” is the immediate trigger of the current recession. When incomes remain stagnant and prices of everything go through the roof, consumption slows or halts, and the economy shrinks. That’s the textbook definition of recession.

9. Increase the national minimum wage so workers can cope with the mounting hardship they are contending with.

10. At least bring back the millions of jobs that have been lost [/b]since he came to power. The Nigerian Bureau of Statistics, which is a federal government agency, said, as of August this year, 4.58 million Nigerians lost their jobs since Buhari became president.

11. Show some compassion. [b]Most policies of Buhari appear calculated to torment the weak
, the vulnerable, and the helpless—the very people who brought him to power. Since its coming into being nearly two years ago, the Buhari government has increased petrol price by a larger margin than any government in Nigerian history; removed subsidies on fertilizer and other critical products; banned the importation of essential goods without developing local alternatives thereby creating scarcity, hunger, inflation, and shadowy, underground networks that exploit the poor; raised tariffs on most things; taxed everything that moves; is unashamedly stealing from people's bank deposits in the name of "stamp duty"; is helping private companies to engage in price gouging; and is generally deepening the misery of everyday people.

12. Visit Maiduguri to sympathize [/b]with the people of the northeast—and to prove that Boko Haram has truly been “defeated.”

There is more, but this is a good start.

[b]Photo: Buhari and Babachir having fun together
shocked sad

http://www.farooqkperogi.com/2016/12/12-conditions-for-praising-buhari.html?m=1

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by tchimatic(m): 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
Bubu 2019.......u r gone

13 Likes

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by HQuadreal: 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
Nigeria Politics.
Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
smh
Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by APCHaram: 5:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
This zombie should not wail until 2019

12 Likes

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by eezeribe(m): 5:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
OK
Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by maverickdude(m): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
You go wait till kingdom come for all these to happen grin

4 Likes

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by jiinxed: 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Martinola(m): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
ok
Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
Brother, ur on point. Me am fide up with the kind hardships in this country.
Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
waiting for buhari to do all that be like .......

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by soldierdollar(m): 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
Buhari apologists say I have never praised Buhari since he came to power. Well, that’s not my job. I am a scholar. But I have defended Buhari many times in the past when I thought he was unfairly attacked.
Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by signature2012(m): 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
The difference is so clear...........

11 Likes

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Tjohnnay: 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
Idiota
Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
nice write up

The writer is a logical zombie. Not like sarrki, modath, Madrid guy , drop shot and their likes.

23 Likes

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Evergreen4(m): 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
13. Obey court orders and free every prisoner that has been acquitted by the court of law

14. Take us back to the era of free and fair election that we once enjoyed under the immediate past government

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Fremancipation: 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2016
Observing
Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Martinola(m): 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
ugh...Dis is disheartening, and some demoralized numb skuls and brats will still defend dis president of a thing, i personally think dis man has deliberatly set out to purnish and induce hardships on Nigerians, and it's a pity he has been successful in dis regard, i really hope and wish dis horrible mistake made by voting dis tyrant president into power will neva b made again.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by salbis(m): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
Can anything good come out of this head?

2 Likes

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by humilitypays(m): 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
‎The truth is, Buhari is a wicked man and nature will never allow him and his household and friends go unpunished whether now or in decades to come, so if he likes let him marry all his daughters and sons to trillionaires, karma will surely catch up with Buhari, his household and friends.

Buhari had no plan to govern Nigeria or develop Nigeria all the while he was contesting and loosing, he was only desperate to get power to enable him get free funds and flight tickets to tour around the world on poor Nigerians tax money!

Buhari was angry he was overthrew in 1983 which made him not to loot enough money for his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren like his fellows: IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalami, OBJ, etc, so he used all powers within his reach: evil, good, bad, pretence, lies, dinning with his enemies, laughing, witch-crafty, juju, jazz, etc to make sure he becomes president at all cost just to enrich himself and his family!

Someone that contested for president 3 consecutive times, it took Buhari close to a year to appoint his ministers and cabinets, but look at Donald Trump that everybody hates and condemns, he has already appointed his cabinet ahead, waiting to swing into action once inaugurated in January 2017, that's how someone with good, clear, defined goals and plan act in life!

Buhari caused the death of hundreds of Nigerians in 2011 after he lost an election and refused to concede defeat!

Buhari once said an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the north, just to make sure Goodluck failed in stopping Boko Haram insurgency!

Buhari came all the way from Katsina to Oyo State just to come and warn Yoruba kings to stop killing Fulani herdsmen who were killing poor, innocent unarmed farmers‎. Now Buhari is president and Fulani herdsmen has killed more than 5,000 poor, unarmed Nigerians in less than 2 years he assumed office and he hasn't came on a national TV broadcast to warn Fulani herdsmen sternly to send a clear signal as president!

Buhari has caused the death of thousands of Nigerians since he became president in 2015, Buhari has made millions of Nigerians to become jobless again, causing more hardship, late marriages, hunger, sickness, suicide, fraud, etc in Nigeria in less than 2 years!

$ was 220naira when Buhari assumed office, today, $ is over 470naira, what a mess, and we expect Nigeria to become good under Buhari, how

Buhari and his CBN has made so many harsh ‎policies that have killed small scale businesses in Nigeria, made so many entrepreneurs to become poor and miserable. Imagine a Nigerian cannot use his ATM to buy something abroad or pay for his website hosting/domain name if it's more than $100  and Nigerians are quiet expecting miracle to happen, how

Buhari and his NCC wants to increase data cost just to ensure less Nigerians have access to internet/social media, thereby reducing criticisms of his ill governance from Nigerians‎, but he forgot the negative impact increase in internet data cost will have in Nigeria:

Most Nigerians youths are gainfully employed through the internet, some as: bloggers, website owners, freelance workers, youtube video creators, etc, etc, and these young Nigerians have been earning millions of dollars abroad thereby helping to boost Nigeria's economy by bringing in FOREX into Nigerian economy, what happens to them when data cost is increased?‎ Of course most will go out of job they do online!

In less than 2 years of Buhari's leadership as President of Nigeria, more than 1million Nigerians have fled Nigeria to virtually every country of the world even those in war, just to seek for daily bread!

Buhari went to Germany and told German Chancellor that Boko Haram has been flushed out of Nigeria completely, that nothing like Boko Haram exist again in Nigeria, that any news about Boko Haram in Nigeria are rumors and propaganda from opposition party, that all Nigerians that fled Nigeria becuse of Boko Haram should return back to Nigeria. Do you know this Buhari's lies caused? It made Germany that has been accepting Nigerians seeking for asylum because of Boko Haram, to stop accepting Nigerians coming into their country to seek for asylum and even stopped paying the ones there and gave them mandates to pack their loads and go back to their country that their country is now okay and peaceful, what a heartless President!

Buhari is a curse! Badluck follows Buhari and he needs to be impeached or Nigerians need to unite as one and match the streets to protest against Buhari's visionless governance because 2017 will be more terrible should what happened this 2016 under Buhari repeats!‎

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by kingdompropty: 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2016
Cock and Bull story. The Buhari I know only came back to power to prove a point. - If OBJ can do it ,then I can.

Tell me why a good leader will spend one year six months whining.

Tell me why a leader that failed 3 times talk about running away at the slightest challenge.

Tell me why a leader will always work hard at demarketing its own country even abroad.

Anyway, we prepared for stuff like this. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by nitt: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2016
I want Buhari to succeed as much as every other patriotic Nigerian. The summation above, is exactly what Buhari needs to do to actually succeed.

1 Like

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by hotice01: 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2016
So on point!
Sarrki, Madridguy,Ngenekwu and other chief resident zombies won't like this.grin
They will avoid this thread like a plague!tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by temitofa(m): 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2016
Ofcourse, he is not the one ruling now. He has never ruled by himself nor is he doing now.

2019, Bubu, U r gone.

5 Likes

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by paulo220(m): 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2016
Where Re we heading to?

1 Like

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by paul990(m): 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
This is a nice piece. Maybe if more people criticise in such constructive manner they will they start to wake up and live to their responsibilities rather than playing petty politics. If this trend by the FG continues, 2019 would be a shocker for APC.

1 Like

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Callmemike(m): 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
You want a wailer's form abi?

1 Like

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by buharimustlive: 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
K
Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by NaijaMutant(f): 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
Just wait small, Buhari will do all your wish in his second term undecided

We will be here when zombies will start campaigning for second term for Buhari grin

3 Likes

Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by chukkystar(m): 6:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
Ok ooo, I don hear
Re: 12 Conditions For “praising” Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi by Omeokachie: 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2016
In other words, Buhari has done absolutely nothing since coming to power except destroy what he met on ground ko?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shettima Arrives US For AfDP World Food Prize / Babangida Is The Leader Of The North - Atiku / Timipre Runs To South Africa And His Boys Run To Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.