Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,928 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man (76350 Views)

Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) / Marriage Ceremony Gone Sour As Bride Is Found To Be HIV Positive / Wedding Cancelled As Fire Kills Groom's Mother, Injures Others In Abia. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by kevoh(m): 9:07am On Dec 18, 2016
purple3091:
the merry go round as you call it,started when you quoted the other quote of mine(the first you quoted) and gave contradicting opinions of what is african and not,my point on point 3 in the intial quote you quoted was that when some one says they follow african tradition,they should do so fully,without cherry picking yet still say " i am an african tradition follower" while ...1) having an english,arabic,or whatever un-african name...2)following un-african religion..3)using un-african objects...3)dressed in clothes not africa...4)etc.for me i never say am a traditional african following because i know its logically untrue,am modern. also before i answer any of your questions in this post,answer the 2 ones i asked first
I have already tackled your question in my previous post. You need to define what is Un-african? I keep hearing seeing un-african this and un-african that. I don't know how using my cellphone and driving my car is Un-African. These are products that improve the life of an average human! So please Define Un-African.
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by purple3091: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2016
kevoh:

Define un-african?
i will as soon as you answer the 2 questions i gave you in this post smiley
purple3091:
ok,am quoting you back to correct your errors! It is contradiction to choose which parts of african tradition to follow/which suit you and say you are traditionally african while still using un-african objects,names(like you gave example) and languages etc...as simple as that...my first quotes that you quoted when you say you disagree completely,do you mean those things are african?because that would be a lie!and then here you are choosing certain parts you think are good(cellphones,modern clothes,etc) for you to follow,and discard the ones you think are bad(englich/arabic names,abrahamic religions etc) <<<all these examples are clearly un african yet you think some are 'good' and others 'bad' ,i'll give you an example to prove my point,if someone uses your sense of reasoning but vice versa(as in says that cellphoes,modern clothes etc are unafrican/'bad'(as in he wants a 'normadic' type of lifestyle) but that arabic,english names,abrahamic religions are 'good'/african as in adding like you added for his reason that they traditions and cultures evolve with time etc) yet says he is traditional following african,would you agree/disagree with him?...cos if your method of reasoning is used it means he is still tradition following..just saying..
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:15am On Dec 18, 2016
Sandydayziz:

Halooo

You still in that labor room, ain't seen ur flash in a while
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by purple3091: 9:17am On Dec 18, 2016
kevoh:

I have already tackled your question in my previous post. You need to define what is Un-african? I keep hearing seeing un-african this and un-african that. I don't know how using my cellphone and driving my car is Un-African. These are products that improve the life of an average human! So please Define Un-African.
as i have said,and will say for the last time:i will answer and define that once you have answered the questions i asked,its called politeness to answer a question asked before you asked your own.i asked those two questions first,before you asked
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Sandydayziz(f): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

You still in that labor room, ain't seen ur flash in a while
Nah nah! Been everywhere, Xmas tins u knw tongue
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by AlanSugar(m): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2016
TrapQueen77:
shocked

May I ask... Is palm wine an alcoholic drink? shocked undecided

You shoulda asked if palm is a drink! You woulda had more likes cool cool
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Caseless: 9:23am On Dec 18, 2016
meetmonde:
fear of the unknown, what if the hubby dies
what if she dies?
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by kevoh(m): 9:28am On Dec 18, 2016
purple3091:
ok,am quoting you back to correct your errors! It is contradiction to choose which parts of african tradition to follow/which suit you and say you are traditionally african while still using un-african objects,names(like you gave example) and languages etc...as simple as that...my first quotes that you quoted when you say you disagree completely,do you mean those things are african? because that would be a lie!and then here you are choosing certain parts you think are good(cellphones,modern clothes,etc) for you to follow,and discard the ones you think are bad(englich/arabic names,abrahamic religions etc) <<<all these examples are clearly un african yet you think some are 'good' and others 'bad' ,i'll give you an example to prove my point,if someone uses your sense of reasoning but vice versa(as in says that cellphoes,modern clothes etc are unafrican/'bad'(as in he wants a 'normadic' type of lifestyle) but that arabic,english names,abrahamic religions are 'good'/african as in adding like you added for his reason that they traditions and cultures evolve with time etc) yet says he is traditional following african,would you agree/disagree with him ?...cos if your method of reasoning is used it means he is still tradition following..just saying..
Question 1: They are good inventions made by other cultures that we can adapt to improve our own African culture. Like I said you keep missing the premise, which is traditions do evolve for the better it doesn't matter if it is African or otherwise. Kiling of twins was a terrible culture of a certain group of people in Nigeria, someone came and advised them against it and they stopped. That's evolution of African Tradition/Culture.
Question 2: I do not have to agree nor disagree with him because it's his choice. If he decides to pick John Doe as his name and gives his family english names , how does this make his tradition/culture evolve for the better?

So you know, African tradition is not the only one that has evolved over thousands of years discarding unnecessary ones, other traditions have too.

The above two questions had been attended to before in my post.

Now define Un-African?
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:29am On Dec 18, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Nah nah! Been everywhere, Xmas tins u knw tongue

So how's it gonna go, mean the Xmas things, looks u wanit to be a big deal
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Sandydayziz(f): 9:33am On Dec 18, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

So how's it gonna go, mean the Xmas things, looks u wanit to be a big deal
So true, I actually do... Buh wat to do? It's gonna be d way it's gonna b cool
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:49am On Dec 18, 2016
Sandydayziz:

So true, I actually do... Buh wat to do? It's gonna be d way it's gonna b cool

In one of the days of these festive days, I'm wondering if we could toast glasses of drinks
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by doll912(f): 9:52am On Dec 18, 2016
ritababe:

why cheat? if you are not ready for marriage why not spare the man some change.

Will the man also swear not to cheat? Abi, she will put herself inside oath then if the man starts philandering or dies, one mumu oath will not let her move on ...abeg...she did the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by YabaLeftist: 10:09am On Dec 18, 2016
TrapQueen77:
shocked

Yea, kashybaby, it's an intoxicating drink. grin
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by fullz: 10:15am On Dec 18, 2016
did the man swear before her?
why force her to lick only avacado pear n bread when she's got so many fruits n banana species in the garden?

1 Like

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 18, 2016
BiggyB242:

Is not insecurity, so many things are happening in this world today no one trust 100%, shine you eye before you say " I thy know". Is to put her on check, guess she had plans of cheating. Girls now marry A because he is financially secured and still string B along cos he is fun to be with.

It's "had I known"
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by ritababe(f): 10:47am On Dec 18, 2016
doll912:

Will the man also swear not to cheat? Abi, she will put herself inside oath then if the man starts philandering or dies, one mumu oath will not let her move on ...abeg...she did the right thing.

of course both of them will swear
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by ritababe(f): 10:49am On Dec 18, 2016
sweetilicious:
I don't think a sane woman would sleep with another man aside her husband. Its not in the nature of women to cheat like this. Maybe she is religious.

funny
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by sapientia(m): 10:52am On Dec 18, 2016
Did the man swear to sleep with only her before it was her turn

Some things are just stupidity and insults

The babe did well

1 Like

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Sandydayziz(f): 10:54am On Dec 18, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

In one of the days of these festive days, I'm wondering if we could toast glasses of drinks
Makes sense cool
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by cicofino: 11:13am On Dec 18, 2016
If not in Naija...where else e go happen.....if u wan hear mischievious stories...just come to Nigeria...diaris a whole lot of em
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Joe4real1988(m): 11:18am On Dec 18, 2016
Laveda:
Insecured men everywhere. undecided why ask her to swearr when she has a conscience that will judge her when she eventually cheats?

That was just unnecessary.
My dear u talk as if all have conscience....... cool cool cool
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:28am On Dec 18, 2016
Sandydayziz:

Makes sense cool

Great, I'll keep reminding you so that nothing gets in the way of something.
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Sandydayziz(f): 11:28am On Dec 18, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

Great, I'll keep reminding you so that nothing gets in the way of something.
Lol... I'll keep that in mind
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:35am On Dec 18, 2016
Sandydayziz:

Lol... I'll keep that in mind

Then I wish you a good day
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Chukazu: 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
but when did that statement become a part of oat swearing?
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Livefreeordieha(m): 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
If they had put 'till death do us part' it would have made it considerable.

She could be religious and her religion may not allow such

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Pain(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Adaezemum(f): 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
that is how to no unfaithful wife.
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by egojiokwu(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
ritababe:

why cheat? if you are not ready for marriage why not spare the man some change.

Wife material spotted. kiss

1 Like

Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
AuroraB:
Why? Why can't the man take the lead? Afterall, he's the 'head' of the family *rollseyes* undecided
I don't have anything to say, just to *pause your eyes from rolling*

tongue tongue
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by fabuloz1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 18, 2016
TrapQueen77:
shocked

Yeah... That's where we have the natural ethanol acid concentration
Re: Wedding Cancelled As Bride Refuses To Swear She'll Sleep With No Other Man by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hipsofagoddess:

It's "had I known"

oh thank you smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Big" Bride Got Married... See Lovely Pre-wedding And Wedding Photos / Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) / Photo Of The Day-why Is She Doing This To Herself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.