Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,234 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:04 AM

10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush (22462 Views)

What's The Most Stupid Thing You Have Ever Done To Get Noticed By Your Crush. / What Food Will You Be Ashamed To Eat When You See Your Crush? / Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by EduRegard: 8:12am On Dec 18, 2016
Crushing over someone is like loving the impossible or imagining for something almost impossible to be possible. Crushing is like an emotional prison where you are arrested by love. Some people Infatuate but misconstrue it as crush. Either of the two, I'll give you some steps to get over with your crush.

These steps, though they are for the girls, guys can also use them for their own good.

1. Realization:

The hardest part about getting over your crush is realizing that he doesn't like you the same way that you like him. The realization might be the first step, but it's the hardest step to take.
While you may like the guy, while you may even love him, if he doesn't feel the same, you can't force it – no matter how much you try to.

2. Admit you have a crush:

Once you've come to the realization that he might not have the same feelings you have for him, you've got to admit that you have a crush.
I know it can be hard girls, but even if you just stand in front of your mirror and admit to yourself that you have a crush.
State your feelings out loud. You don't have to tell anyone else how you feel, but verbalizing your problem out loud — even if you're the only person in the room — can help it seem real and approachable.

3. Accept the situation:

You've admitted that you have a crush and even though it's far from the ideal situation, try to make steps towards accepting the situation. Try not to be stubborn about it or be in denial of what's really going on. Perhaps the two of you aren't as compatible as you first thought. You might even find later on that it was a good thing that your crush never turned into more. This is not failure. There are times, though, when perseverance morphs into desperation and stupidity. Chasing an impossible crush is one of those times. Let it go.

4. Don't take it personal:

Just because he doesn't have feelings for you, it is not something that you can take personal. Learning to get over your crush might not be easy, but it isn't a personal indictment.
A guy can't control his feelings just like you can't control your feelings. Imagine if a guy likes you, but you have absolutely no feelings for him – don't take it personally.

5. Avoid anger

Taking personal and being angry are somewhat similar but differ. Don't turn your crush into anger - you'll still be thinking about him and obsessing about him, just in a different way. It may feel good to bash him to your friends and to tear him apart for everything he's ever done wrong, but in the end it's not a great solution. Some people just aren't meant to be together and getting angry about it isn't going to change anything.

6. Do a reflection

When you are trying to get over your crush, why not take the time to reflect? Did you act differently around him? Did you scare him off? Was there something that you did? You want to reflect on everything and all of the interaction that you've had – just for a little while, don't dwell because you don't want to dwell on something that will never happen for days and days, but just reflect.

7. Be honest with yourself:

Getting over your crush is never easy, but you have to be honest with yourself. You've got to be upfront with yourself about your feelings and how you are affected by your crush not returning to them. Once you are honest with yourself about how hurt you are, it's easier to process and simpler to heal.

8. Avoid thinking about him:

One of the best ways to get over your crush is to stop thinking about it. I know it might be difficult, but when you are thinking about him, you've got to dwell on something else.
Avoid thinking about him at all costs. Engage yourself in a hobby that you've never done before, talk to your friends, get into a support group with your family. Keep yourself busy and you'll be able to get over your crush more quickly.

9. Seek support from reliable family members and trustworthy friends:

One of the best ways to try and get over any difficult situation is to seek support. Do you have a friend who has gone through a similar situation and you want her advice? Or maybe you just need someone to listen. Either way, talk to your friends and family members. They can help you sort through your feelings and even offer some sound advice.

10. Keep a good distance from your crush:

It's also a good idea to keep your distance and avoid contact while you're trying to get over your crush. You might not be able to completely avoid seeing or running into your crush if you're friends, work at the same place or go to the same school. But, you can try to make yourself less available and focus on yourself. If he/she doesn't understand, explain that you need some time on your own right now.

I hope these steps help guys and girls in getting over their crush.

SOURCE : 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Campus Crush

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by EduRegard: 8:19am On Dec 18, 2016
Kindly drop your views below.
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by yemsai(f): 8:26am On Dec 18, 2016
Nice one op..jst wat I need wink
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by FutureSenator: 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2016
yemsai:
Nice one op..jst wat I need wink

Kolework tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by ITEKEM: 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
NaXo.. .I still Have a Crush On Aisha Buhari angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by yemsai(f): 12:19am On Dec 23, 2016
FutureSenator:

Kolework tongue
O ma work..infact oti work tongue
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by FutureSenator: 12:33am On Dec 23, 2016
yemsai:

O ma work..infact oti work tongue

SMH woman undecided
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by yemsai(f): 12:43am On Dec 23, 2016
FutureSenator:

SMH woman undecided
SMH man

1 Like

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by pennytrate: 12:45am On Dec 23, 2016
[I] how can I get over something I was never beneath? undecided[/i]

1 Like

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by FutureSenator: 12:47am On Dec 23, 2016
yemsai:

SMH man

kiss bai bai
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by yemsai(f): 12:52am On Dec 23, 2016
FutureSenator:

kiss bai bai
I no want ur kiss abeg
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Magnoliaa(f): 1:24am On Dec 23, 2016
hmmm, that no.9 tho
is it up to that level?? It's just a crush...

But what if ur crush likes you back..?

1 Like

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
Still crushing on President Buhari

2 Likes

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
Good tips.
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
Just what I need! Thanks Op...Let go and be happy

4 Likes

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by CosmeticChemist(m): 7:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
Jadeite:
Just what I need! Thanks Op...Let go and be happy

Really ? lmao.
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Dargreen(m): 8:24pm On Dec 23, 2016
AMONG The 48 Laws Of Power Is
DISDAIN WHAT YOU CANT HAVE

1 Like

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by ahahnow: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Addicted2Women: 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2016

What drugs are you on ??

Stupidity pills ??

Why would i wanna get over my crush ??

If you are a girl and have a crush on a guy, just go tell him, guys are very easy to get

If you are a guy and have a crush on a girl, just go make money, when you have money you can have/fucck any girl you want

For the girls, I know you're all crazy, having a crush on celebrities you will never see in your life, i know what's wrong with you, you're hornny and need a good dick to reset your brain

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Imodii: 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
Guy I have never had one
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Holyfield1(m): 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
H
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Marjenny(f): 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
Na money be my Crush
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Shortyy(f): 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
Lmao see tips
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
Dargreen:
AMONG The 48 Laws Of Power Is
DISDAIN WHAT YOU CANT HAVE
... Ignoring the things you can't have is the best revenge.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Pamela9os(f): 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
So with these steps Bob risky can overcome the crush he have on wizkid?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Blurryface(m): 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
#11: self-service yourself out on her pics, and you will hate them almost instantly

3 Likes

Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by Olasco93: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by odamaken(m): 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
Please i need help how do i create my own post in nairaland
Re: 10 Smart Steps To Help You Get Over Your Crush by sarahade(f): 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
All this one na wahala o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Pregnant For Another Man / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / Girls: Do You Like Hairy Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.