Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant (26166 Views)

Dual Carriageway Constructed By Dunamis Church In Mararaba, Nasarawa (Photos) / Pastor Ephraim Ononye Sprays Dollars At A Wedding In Lagos (Photos) / Prophet Dancing, Rocking A Lady At A Wedding In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Goldenheart(m): 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
facebook stories
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by DjAndroid: 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
MrPresident1:
People that are already married in the eyes of God.

In the eyes of God, sex is marriage smiley

Explain more please
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by xendra: 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2016
erico2k2:

So where is the Law of forgiveness, I thought if she confess her Sin in teh presence of the Lord she was forgiving?
you see how people twist religion to suite their selfish needs??
oh dear shocked what's forgiveness got to do with this? you think this means the pastor or the church hate them? punishing a child for doing wrong is not wrong and does not mean hate. Spare the rod you spoil the child and make other children think its Ok.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by felixomor: 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2016
erico2k2:

There is nowhere in teh Bible where it says so.

Matthew 19:5

And God said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and unite with his wife, and the two will become one.’

Do u have a bible?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by kode12: 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
The person that dropped that second Facebook post is a an Ultimate idiot. God sacked Adam and Eve because they engaged in premarital sex? Was Eve's creation not solely for procreation and companionship in the first place?Which other marriage again was needed when God immediately gave Eve to Adam immediately he was awoken.I swear I don tire for all these stupid churches people attend and just get taught total bullshitfmake una just kuku stay house and save the money you pay for offering and tithes

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by yousee(m): 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
The Church aside, the huge stigma their families and society will force the young lady to bear is the more reasons they opt for aborting the babies.

Look no further, when Joseph learnt that the maiden he was betrothed to was with child, he intended to put her away privately being an honourable person that he was.
For the law of those days was public stoning to death.
And he the accuser will cast the first stone.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Badgers14: 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
xendra:
Thats not news, they did the right thing.
people should stop tempting churches, pastors and other christians.
If you are pregnant before marriage you best not do a church wedding.

But that doesn't mean the church is right to cancel the wedding...

To me that's hypocrisy.. A lady is pregnant and is turned away in church, but Jesus went to dine and wine with Zacheaus.

These are the kind of attitudes that churches should be condemning but they are the ones promoting it.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Badgers14: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
xendra:
oh dear shocked what's forgiveness got to do with this? you think this means the pastor or the church hate them? punishing a child for doing wrong is not wrong and does not mean hate. Spare the rod you spoil the child and make other children think its Ok.

So the lady should not get married in her life time because she is 3 months pregnant

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by mrblessed(m): 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
Your post depicted a spectacular lack of familarity with the Bible. It is wrong, even disingenuous, to say Jesus Christ was born out of wedlock, but you can correctly say he wasn't a biological son of Joseph due to his godhead nature.
hopefulLandlord:
Even Jesus was not the son of Joseph

so he was conceived outside wedlock

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by ogaontop(m): 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
God has a standered, if u cannot respect it don do not complain for adjustment because he is a respecter of no body!

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by AK6464(m): 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
2SWT:
fine but would you rather advice abortion?

Not at all, is why I said they aren't being thrown out
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by xendra: 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
2SWT:
fine but would you rather advice abortion?
how about a no sex or just stay away from church wedding instead. y'all should stop this abortion nonesense, if people stayed away from sex b4 marriage there wont be need for abortion and thats what the church is tryng to avoid.

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Badgers14: 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
thesicilian:
I am in support of what the church has done. In this day and age when morality and godliness has been pushed to the background, it is heartwarming to see there are still some organizations that value high moral standards.
The principles of Christianity are not open for democratic debates, public opinion nor should it be liable to the so called civilization.

Please oga pastor, can you explain to me why Jesus went to dine and wine with Zaccheaus

Also why JESUS condemned stoning of the adulterous woman.

There is no justification for what the church did.. In my opinion they were 150% wrong... angry

So the lady should not get married then because she is pregnant?

Who are we to judge one another

Before you start quoting me, I want you to look inside your self and cast the first stone if you are without sin
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2016
k
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Badgers14: 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2016
xendra:
how about a no sex or just stay away from church wedding instead. y'all should this abortion nonesense, if people stayed away from sex b4 marriage there wont be need for abortion and thats what the church is tryung to avoid.

So the lady should walk away and not do church marriage because she is pregnant

And God sent his only son to come and die for our sins
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by xendra: 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
Badgers14:

So the lady should not get married in her life time because she is 3 months pregnant

she doesnt have to go to church to wed oooooo! church has rules

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by DonCortino: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2016
xendra:
Thats not news, they did the right thing.
people should stop tempting churches, pastors and other christians.
If you are pregnant before marriage you best not do a church wedding.

But they have no criteria to reject tithes!

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by xendra: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
Badgers14:

So the lady should walk away and not do church marriage because she is pregnant

And God sent his only son to come and die for our sins
na you sabi o, stop wasting my mb cos i can see you have decided that its ok to keep crucifying christ because he came to die once.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by yeko68: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
What is Marriage? A union where a man takes a woman as a wife and a woman accepts a man as a husband to dwell together in good and bad times till death separates them in the presence of 2 or more witnesses. Must it be a Church, Mosque or Court? it can be anywhere, kitchen, bar, stadiums, etc. I will give my daughter's hand in marriage in the comfort of my sitting room. I wan dash man woman make I come dey carry am go meet am? No way.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by MrPresident1: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
Genesis 24:67
67 And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.

DjAndroid:

Explain more please

Sex is the act that joins 2 of them together, it is the consummation that is marriage not the ceremony. It was when Isaac had 'taken' Rebekah that she became his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Richy4(m): 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
2SWT:
where in the Bible was it stated that the church shouldn't Wed a pregnant lady? And how does the act mock God?

I do not mean to quote you but the Bible says thou shall not commit adultery... apparently, they have broken the 7th commandment ......even the church I worship Hillsong church....They don't join man and woman living together before their wedding..... If for some reason they do, they have to live apart for some months ie after confessing their sins and have repented of it..This could be bla bla bla.... But some church still instill biblical law and order....

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by 2SWT(f): 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:

because wedding is for 2 people.
Or u dont know?
would you rather advice abortion?
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by MaziOmenuko: 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2016
The hypocrisy of Christianity. I am sure the groom had concluded all marriage rights with the bride's parents which in itself, is the only marriage rite recorded in the bible.

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by xendra: 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2016
DonCortino:

But they have no criteria to reject tithes!

Rubbish!
that tithe part is one reason i dont like church, but still cant call wrong right.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
. I'm sure the couple knew the rule during marriage counseling. .so why flaunt it?three months is enough for the couple to change to another church that can we'd pregnant ladies yet they remained there only to receive embarrassment. Common sense ain't common
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by DonCortino: 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
ogaontop:
God has a standered, if u cannot respect it don do not complain for adjustment because he is a respecter of no body!

What fuccking standard? Show us where God said that? After all mary was pregnant for Jesus b4 Joseph married her.

Men claiming to be gods. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Chimkizy(m): 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
dingbang:
lol, is it not stupidity? some ladies get pregnant still before marriage, wait to give birth and still the same minister will wed both of them...

are you now mocking God huh?
Doing the wedding after birth is then called Blessing marriage
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Lokogoma: 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2016
torres89:
so they prefer she becomes an idol worshiper

for doing something natural

am sure it's winners ...
Point of correction it is called fornication

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Orikinla(m): 12:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
What determines marriage is not the church.
What determines marriage is not the wedding.
What determines marriage is not the dowry or bride price.
What determines marriage is the agreement and consent of the man and woman who have decided to marry.
The very day a man and a woman agree to marry and sleep together, they are married before heaven and earth with or without a ring or ceremony.

What our Lord, Saviour and Messiah Jesus Christ said is final.
You don't need the approval of any church or tradition.

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’
5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’.
6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

~ Matthew 19: 4-6

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by tete7000(m): 12:41pm On Dec 18, 2016
xendra:
how about a no sex or just stay away from church wedding instead. y'all should stop this abortion nonesense, if people stayed away from sex b4 marriage there wont be need for abortion and thats what the church is tryng to avoid.

How will you resolved a situation where two unbelievers became converted and had already had children before their conversion and as at the time they came forward for baptism and wedding the wife is equally pregnant. Would you baptise the pregnant woman with her unborn child and would you allow the two be joined in church with the wife in her pregnant state? Remember they were yet unbelievers when they came forward and you have the information.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by DjAndroid: 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
MrPresident1:
Genesis 24:67
67 And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.

Sex is the act that joins 2 of them together, it is the consummation that is marriage not the ceremony. It was when Isaac had 'taken' Rebekah that she became his wife.

Thanks. I will read more.

Does it mean some guys have ever married so many wives unknowingly?

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by conquerour(m): 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Even Jesus was not the son of Joseph

so he was conceived outside wedlock
You are mad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Rapture Of The Church - Ron Graham / Prophet TB Joshua Reveals The Cause Of World Poverty / Pastor Adeboye & Wife Visit Ortom, Benue For Condolence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.