Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant (26164 Views)

Dual Carriageway Constructed By Dunamis Church In Mararaba, Nasarawa (Photos) / Pastor Ephraim Ononye Sprays Dollars At A Wedding In Lagos (Photos) / Prophet Dancing, Rocking A Lady At A Wedding In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by 2SWT(f): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2016
Blade21:
yes wedding should be for virgins if you are having pre marital sex just do trad come on Sunday and do blessing of marriage don't come with your white dress and be deceiving every body, and yes we are Christians the church wedding is the recognised ceremony of our religion
I asked the relevance of church wedding, I know what a church wedding is
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by ThinkSmarter: 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2016
But if she chooses to abort the baby secretly, and comes with flat tummy, they will wed her then abi?? nawa for the Church.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by paulbets: 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
Montaque:

The tradition of your town only, I must guess. In the igboland I know, it is said "that you cant finish paying the bride price". Some pay their wife's bride price years after co habitation, and child bearing.
Please don't lie against the land.
We are almost saying the same thing. Cohabiting and child bearing does not change anything. And bride price does not have a price; that's why in some places you can ascribe it to as something one can never finish paying.
Generally in the tradition, if bride price has not been paid or some sort of arrangements made, then the woman is just cohabiting with you
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by flamingREED(m): 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
2SWT:
bro read my comment over and over again then tell me what you understand

I understand that your god is a sugar daddy
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Richy4(m): 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
2SWT:
so you're trying to say their union shouldn't be blessed because she kept the pregnancy?

If she had gone for abortion this story wouldnt have come up they would have been joined by the church.
Do you realize that the church just disgraced them? Do you think this act will make intending couples stay away from sex?
They made the mistake already, do you know if they have already asked for forgiveness from God before the wedding? Or would forgiveness from God make the pregnancy disappear?

Dear....Maybe you should read my post again....this time slowly......I did not say they should not bless them...what the couple were looking for was a pure marriage as if they do not know themselves when their was a glaring evidence before the congregation and the pastor...Assuming they said they wanted marriage blessing, they would not have refused...even those that married for 50 still go for marriage blessing to solidify their union in the presence of God

They should opt for Marriage blessing....instead of the pastor quoting ".. do you promised to take this man or woman to be your lawfully wedded wife/husband......," he will be "You have promised to take this man...."

As for the disgrace, it is always good to flee from scandal or anything that will put anyone is such compromising situation...assuming they did not do it, we will not be talking about this.....It is not compulsory that people must fornicate...have you thought of that...even when Adam eat the forbidden fruit, their was consequences....They were embarrassed... but God blessed their union despite what they did....but they were still banished from the garden...even if they have asked God for forgiveness, I still maintain that they go for marriage blessing..
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Montaque(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2016
paulbets:

We are almost saying the same thing. Cohabiting and child bearing does not change anything. And bride price does not have a price; that's why in some places you can ascribe it to as something one can never finish paying.
Generally in the tradition, if bride price has not been paid or some sort of arrangements made, then the woman is just cohabiting with you
Your earlier position was that bride price is not paid for a pregnant bride in igboland. That's what I disagreed on.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by felixomor: 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2016
2SWT:
Yea abstinence is good but here it has happened already

What would you advice?

Ehen
Go to a registry and register.
Period.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by torres89: 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2016
Lokogoma:

Point of correction it is called fornication

and the woman who committed adultery, was still welcomed in open arms by Jesus Christ.

wat exactly was your point again sef
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by sekundosekundo: 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Even Jesus was not the son of Joseph

so he was conceived outside wedlock

Any day I read a reasonable comment from you, I will buy a special gift for you.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by paulbets: 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
Montaque:

Your earlier position was that bride price is not paid for a pregnant bride in igboland. That's what I disagreed on.
Ok. Although in my own town and side tradition that's the case. I would like to know the exact igbo town that pay bride price of a pregnant lady. Could you Enlighten me pls.
I had taught it was general for Igbo Nation.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by vislabraye(m): 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
2SWT:
If you say the church is not supposed to wed a pregnant lady then wedding should strictly be meant for virgins because fornication is fornication whether the lady gets pregnant or not.

Some aunties after series of abortion they put on white gown for church wedding and you all will go there and keep quiet then you condemn a lady who kept the baby.

If I were in her shoes I wouldn't even bother for a church wedding I will just do it in court and go for reception after all wedding is wedding wether it was in church or not.

One last thing; what is the relevance of church wedding?

Good point. I absolutely agree with you.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by vislabraye(m): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
Richy4:

Dear....Maybe you should read my post again....this time slowly......I did not say they should not bless them...what the couple were looking for was a pure marriage as if they do not know themselves when their was a glaring evidence before the congregation and the pastor...Assuming they said they wanted marriage blessing, they would not have refused...even those that married for 50 still go for marriage blessing to solidify their union in the presence of God

They should opt for Marriage blessing....instead of the pastor quoting ".. do you promised to take this man or woman to be your lawfully wedded wife/husband......," he will be "You have promised to take this man...."

As for the disgrace, it is always good to flee from scandal or anything that will put anyone is such compromising situation...assuming they did not do it, we will not be talking about this.....It is not compulsory that people must fornicate...have you thought of that...even when Adam eat the forbidden fruit, their was consequences....They were embarrassed... but God blessed their union despite what they did....but they were still banished from the garden...even if they have asked God for forgiveness, I still maintain that they go for marriage blessing..

I can agree with you partially on this. The church has a name to keep but let's look at it another way.
Firstly, people do make mistakes. She can not go ahead and abort the baby.
Love is paramount.
Don't forget, Mary was pregnant out of wedlock. It was embarrassing for Joseph.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Scallyg: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
Its amazing how people just say rubbish and commit sins in the name of commenting.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Captain001(m): 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
xendra:
Thats not news, they did the right thing.
people should stop tempting churches, pastors and other christians.
If you are pregnant before marriage you best not do a church wedding.

One CAN of Coca-Cola for you sister. From my heart I say "God bless you" for this comment.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Amuga(f): 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2016
She know she was pregnant what tOok her to church. Bunch of hypocrite
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by JohnChuma(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
It's bad how people default and then try to hide it and play some tricks on pastors/church leaders. let's learn to be honest, whatever be the situation.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by kolaish(m): 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2016
LET'S TELL OURSELVES THE TRUTH, PREGNANCY BEFORE MARRIAGE IS TOTALLY WRONG IN CHRISTIANDOM. BUT THEN IT HAS HAPPENED, SO WHY WILL THEY STILL WANT TO COME TO THE CHURCH FOR MARRIAGE WHEN THEY KNOW THEY HAVE COMMITTED AN ERROR BEFORE GOD. WHY CAN'T THEY SIMPLY DO TRADITIONAL/REGISTRY WEDDING AND MOVE ON WITH THEIR LIFE.

KUDOS TO THE CHURCH FOR CANCELLING THE WEDDING.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by benzems(m): 3:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by JohnChuma(m): 3:07pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Even Jesus was not the son of Joseph

so he was conceived outside wedlock

No go there o!
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by juman(m): 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
If it was a real story, the couple are dunce.
Why going to that particular church for the wedding when they knew the rule of the church.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by nwamehn: 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
paulbets:
Traditionally in Igbo Land, you can't pay bride price of a pregnant woman

So I don't think is much about the sinfulness of fornication, premarital sex or the shame of bearing child out of wedlock... but because marriage practically and critically involves only man and woman.

All the same people should always be truthful as there is always a way and some sort of arrangement to overcome all kinds of challenges, circumstances or conditions.

Do u really mean that the tradition of Igbo land forbids paying bride price of a pregnant woman or u just said it? Because I don't think u ar right. Perhaps u would say it's the tradition of ur hometown and not general Igbo tradition.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Wolexdey(m): 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
flamingREED:

God bless you.

AMEN...
Thanks and Happy Sunday.
Shalom!
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by xendra: 3:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
Captain001:

One CAN of Coca-Cola for you sister. From my heart I say "God bless you" for this comment.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by xendra: 3:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
Captain001:

Thank you, God bless you too.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Wolexdey(m): 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2016
olagbemi118:
really, I want to know. Teach me from the scripture about church wedding. Lemme learn from u

Greetings!

Some Bible verse were quoted by some people thus far... I hope you made use of those verses.

The Bible is the Word of GOD...

We need to trust GOD without borders AND without boundaries.

JESUS IS LORD.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by sparkleRed(f): 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2016
They should go to court and do reception abeg. But she should ve told her pastor and not cover up, some churches still wed 8 months pregnant ladies.
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by hopefulLandlord: 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
JohnChuma:
No go there o!
why not prove me wrong? it wasn't Joseph's sperm that made Jesus
yes/no?
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by Wolexdey(m): 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2016
2SWT:
nowadays Christians ehn I'm sure you attend one of these Pentecostal churches...where did you get your definition of sin from?

Bro get a dictionary and look for the definition of sin not that crap you put up there

I agree with you though but your definition of sin is nothing like Bible standard

Friend!

I understand your lament but actually the definition should not be the issue here but the point made..

Its simply called innovation...I can go on and on just to make my audience understand the point am actually arriving at concerning the definition of SIN...All that matters is understanding of what's been said.

He that falls into sin is a man, he that grieves of sin is a saint but he that boast of sin is a devil.

Take care!
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by olagbemi118(m): 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2016
Wolexdey:

Greetings!

Some Bible verse were quoted by some people thus far... I hope you made use of those verses.

The Bible is the Word of GOD...

We need to trust GOD without borders AND without boundaries.

JESUS IS LORD.
I guess u av nothing to offer
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by chiraqDemon(m): 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2016
I fear that guy that said adam and eve were chased cos of pre marital sex
Re: Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant by hopefulLandlord: 3:50pm On Dec 18, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Any day I read a reasonable comment from you, I will buy a special gift for you.

what I wrote is true!

Joseph didn't have sex with Mary before Jesus was born

Jesus biologically speaking wasn't the son of Joseph

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Rapture Of The Church - Ron Graham / Prophet TB Joshua Reveals The Cause Of World Poverty / Pastor Adeboye & Wife Visit Ortom, Benue For Condolence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.