Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking (1586 Views)

Byton's M-byte Is The 1st Production Car To Have A Touchscreen On Steering Wheel / GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) / Toyota FV2 Futuristic Vehicle Doesn’t Use Steering Wheel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking by limsycutey(f): 9:15am On Dec 18, 2016
Please I need help with my car. When I'm on high speed and I step on the brake the steering wheel shakes. What could be wrong with it. Thanks
Cc GAZZUZZ and other experts
Re: Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:18am On Dec 18, 2016
limsycutey:
Please I need help with my car. When I'm on high speed and I step on the brake the steering wheel shakes. What could be wrong with it. Thanks
Cc GAZZUZZ and other experts

Replace oir resurface brake rotors (brake disks) all 4.

I'm guessing you just got the car.
Re: Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking by limsycutey(f): 1:47am On Dec 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Replace oir resurface brake rotors (brake disks) all 4.

I'm guessing you just got the car.

Thanks.
Yes, I just got the car. Do you have any idea of the cost of the disks. The mechanic I spoke to talked about changing only the two in front. I don't mind changing all four but I think he's inflating the price (I can't really afford to be scammed this period, plenty bills on ground). Thank you
Re: Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking by VeeBabs(m): 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2018
Resurface (grind) the 2 front brake discs. That's all you need. Shouldn't cost more than N4,000 to grind both. A replacement is not necessary unless the discs have grown too thin. This is less likely to be the case, but still a remote possibility.

The Toyota Matrix doesn't use brake discs in the rear. It uses brake drums. The exception is the Matrix XRS trim, which is exceedingly rare (relatively few -- 2,500 per annum -- were produced), and so I'm betting yours is NOT an XRS.
Re: Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking by tayoadewole9: 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2018
Your steering rack is gone, you need to change it.
Re: Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:26am On Jul 15, 2018
tayoadewole9:
Your steering rack is gone, you need to change it.

no sir
Re: Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking by dapotemi: 11:23am On Jul 15, 2018
I travelled to a town that has a lot of bad roads/pot holes yesterday and I really felt it on my car. Today, I drove my car on 3rd mainland bridge and I got to 100 mph and I observe that my steering was vibrating. That has never happen before because I do 100 to 120 mph without any vibration before. Pls sir, what's the cause and what should I be looking to replace/fix. But if I reduce speed or remove my leg on aaccelerator once I get to 100 mph, d vibration stops as d car speed reduce to 80 mph. Car is 03 Camry.
@ Gazzuzz pls help.
Re: Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking by hayjayman(m): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2018
dapotemi:
I travelled to a town that has a lot of bad roads/pot holes yesterday and I really felt it on my car. Today, I drove my car on 3rd mainland bridge and I got to 100 mph and I observe that my steering was vibrating. That has never happen before because I do 100 to 120 mph without any vibration before. Pls sir, what's the cause and what should I be looking to replace/fix. But if I reduce speed or remove my leg on aaccelerator once I get to 100 mph, d vibration stops as d car speed reduce to 80 mph. Car is 03 Camry.
@ Gazzuzz pls help.

Wheel alignment /balancing

1 Like

Re: Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 15, 2018
hayjayman:

Wheel alignment /balancing

Follow this advice. Tnk me later.

1 Like

Re: Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2018
dapotemi:
@ Gazz.uzz pls help.

on 3rdmainland? In what car? grin

1 Like

Re: Matrix Steering Wheel Shaking by hayjayman(m): 10:02pm On Jul 15, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

on 3rdmainland? In what car? grin

grin grin grin grin grin...actually, i think he meant...120kph...

he dare not do 120mph on 3rd MB

(1) (Reply)

04 Es330 Lexus .CLEAN TITLE VIN:JTHBA30G545036116 1.8 / What Causes The Brake Warning Light To Come On? / A Guide To Perfect Driving Position (Photos and Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.