Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,951 members, 7,803,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa (3115 Views)

Toke Makinwa Credits God For Massive Compensation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by bukatyne(f): 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2016
I just finished reading an e-copy.

Who has read it?

What are your thoughts?

What did you learn?

I strangely found it interesting... it doesn't have the whole signature Toke on it; It has depth especially the chapter she is talking about accepting her own wrongs and apologizing.
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
I haven't read it yet. Since you have, maybe you could share what you've learned. smiley
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by bukatyne(f): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2016
NotOfThis:
I haven't read it yet. Since you have, maybe you could share what you've learned. smiley

Welcome and congrats on FTC grin

Summary:

She had low self esteem/ inability to form relationships because she lost her parents in a fire when she was 8.

She clung to her ex desperately despite all because she didn't want to go through the motions of loss again.

Her husband is a cheating romantic gentleman who was always sweet talking her back due to.....(fill in the gap)

His family warned her against him however, she obviously didn't listen

She knew about Anita all along and looking back, her ex seemed more into Anita... why he didn't/ hasn't married her, I don't know. She also used to sponsor Anita 's trips sometimes

Anita was/is fine with side main chick status and Maje doesn't /didn't want kids with Toke

In retrospect, Toke was not healthy enough to have a relationship. She also said she didn't care for him like cooking et al.

God prepared her for the 'fire' before news of Anita's pregnancy broke.

She & Maje were seeing a therapist after their separation towards reconciliation however, efforts proved abortive and she went ahead with the divorce.

She is working towards 'becoming'.

I must admit it's not 'Tokelike'

Someone else help me out....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by Latty88(f): 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
Please can you send it to me?
bitsy208042@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
bukatyne:

Welcome and congrats on FTC grin

Summary:

She had low self esteem/ inability to form relationships because she lost her parents in a fire when she was 8.

She clung to her ex desperately despite all because she didn't want to go through the motions of loss again.

Her husband is a cheating romantic gentleman who was always sweet talking her back due to.....(fill in the gap)

His family warned her against him however, she obviously didn't listen

She knew about Anita all along and looking back, her ex seemed more into Anita... why he didn't/ hasn't married her, I don't know. She also used to sponsor Anita 's trips sometimes

Anita was/is fine with side main chick status and Maje doesn't /didn't want kids with Toke

In retrospect, Toke was not healthy enough to have a relationship. She also said she didn't care for him like cooking et al.

God prepared her for the 'fire' before news of Anita's pregnancy broke.

She & Maje were seeing a therapist after their separation towards reconciliation however, efforts proved abortive and she went ahead with the divorce.

She is working towards 'becoming'.

I must admit it's not 'Tokelike'

Someone else help me out....

Thanks for the excellent review, Bukatyne. These are very good lessons. Seems like one can learn a lot from the book.
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
I don't know if its just me but I find it boring reading about people's private life in a novel. Maybe because I'm always occupied doing better things.

3 Likes

Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by madamGift(f): 10:09am On Dec 23, 2016
bukatyne:
I just finished reading an e-copy.

Who has read it?

What are your thoughts?

What did you learn?

I strangely found it interesting... it doesn't have the whole signature Toke on it; It has depth especially the chapter she is talking about accepting her own wrongs and apologizing.

Can you send me a copy, please? giftogb1@gmail.com thanks.
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by sisisioge: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2016
Pls babes, of you are in the spirit of sharing hit me up at sisisioge1@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by bukatyne(f): 10:51am On Dec 23, 2016
sisisioge:
Pls babes, of you are in the spirit of sharing hit me up at sisisioge1@yahoo.com. Thanks.
madamGift:

Can you send me a copy, please? giftogb1@gmail.com thanks.

Latty88:
Please can you send it to me?
bitsy208042@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Will do as soon as I can
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by bukatyne(f): 10:51am On Dec 23, 2016
NotOfThis:
Thanks for the excellent review, Bukatyne. These are very good lessons. Seems like one can learn a lot from the book.
Thanks
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by bukatyne(f): 10:53am On Dec 23, 2016
Catalin:
I don't know if its just me but I find it boring reading about people's private life in a novel. Maybe because I'm always occupied doing better things.

It's pretty engaging

Maybe because it's from the first person perspective.
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by seizethaBae(f): 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
Pls elp me send a copy too cry seizethabae@yahoo.com. thank you kiss
bukatyne:

Will do as soon as I can
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
bukatyne:

It's pretty engaging

Maybe because it's from the first person perspective.
I'm sure it is. 1st-person narratives are always interesting, as much as 3rd.

1 Like

Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
NotOfThis:

I'm sure it is. 1st-person narratives are always interesting, as much as 3rd.

Hi pretty dimples. Are you single?
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by bennyrazz: 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
Catalin:
it is not you alone. My thoughts exactly
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by Dyt(f): 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
bukatyne:

Will do as soon as I can

Kmfworld@gmail.com

kiss
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by montezz(f): 1:58am On Dec 24, 2016
bukatyne:

Will do as soon as I can
Dont pass me by abeg. Queendupsie@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by MurderX: 8:56am On Dec 24, 2016
bukatyne:

Will do as soon as I can

Can you guys be honorable enough to buy the book? It is criminal to share someone's hard earned work that is copyright protected.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by Dyt(f): 9:45am On Dec 24, 2016
MurderX:

Can you guys be honorable enough to buy the book? It is criminal to share someone's hard earned work that is copyright protected.

How much?
And where to get it
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by lynnfeb(f): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2016
I just finished reading it yesterday. I found it interesting, I felt for her a lot of times while reading, I even cried where she lost her parents. I love d fact that she was humble enough to accept her mistakes and apologize.

She is indeed a strong lady

1 Like

Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by HarveySpecter1: 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2017
MurderX:

Lol.
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by bukatyne(f): 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
lynnfeb:
I just finished reading it yesterday. I found it interesting, I felt for her a lot of times while reading, I even cried where she lost her parents. I love d fact that she was humble enough to accept her mistakes and apologize.

She is indeed a strong lady

I also found it interesting and her willingness to critically look at herself.
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by sexymoma(f): 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
pls send it to me ooo
babygirloluwapelumi@yahoo.com

@ bukatyne
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by George22016(m): 3:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
Una no go marry.This one una day read book. At the end of the day its still you same low self esteemed poor leeches that will cheat
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by bukatyne(f): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
George22016:
Una no go marry.This one una day read book. At the end of the day its still you same low self esteemed poor leeches that will cheat

George,

Happy new year.

We do not want uncouth people on this thread.

Goodbye.

2 Likes

Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by bukatyne(f): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
MurderX:

D'banj has paid for us grin

6 Likes

Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by ifemola: 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2017
Please send to my account too, .. Thanks in advance
bukatyne:

Will do as soon as I can
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
Catalin:

Not really maybe its because its nothing really special that stands out. I'd find it boring too but reading about someone who survived a war or was in prison now that's different. I don't find toke intriguing or worthy enough to read about her life.
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by sisisioge: 11:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
bukatyne:

Will do as soon as I can

I acknowledge receipt darling...You are too kind kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 06, 2017
MurderX:

It isn't criminal to share. Is it also criminal to lend a friend a book to read? Nonsense.
Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 07, 2017
I honestly don't understand the fuss about this woman n her story n I'll b d last to have interest in reading d book. I mean from all d gist about it, it reeks of low self-esteem, ignorance, confusion, indecision, self-disrespect n stupidity from her part. Maybe because I hate these features a lot.

I think the whole problem is that she is not a self lover n probably never experienced love from childhood hence d whole drama.

1 Like

Re: On Becoming ~ Toke Makinwa by bukatyne(f): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
sisisioge:

I acknowledge receipt darling...You are too kind kiss kiss kiss kiss

Have a great year

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Is Too Insecure / Friend Reveals What Happened Night 'Spider Wife' Jumped Barbwired Fence (pic) / Lecturing Job Or Banking Job! Which Is The Better Of The Two?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.