Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? (778 Views)

Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements / When Was Jesus Truly Born? / Chop Off Your Hand?! Was Jesus Serious? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? by Wuminity(f): 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
I have come in contact with series of piece that argues that,Jesus was not born in december.
But we christians believe that,Jesus was born on the 25th of december,which makes us celebrate christmas on this day.

I just kept wondering, how true is the saying that Jesus was not born in december.

If Jesus was not born in December, then what exact month was jesus born?
Re: Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? by xlextj: 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
.. my friend y don't u leave when Jesus was born or what month wish has no direct impact on ur faith in Christ, he came to save human kind, so kindly hype ur faith in him
Re: Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? by stainless239(f): 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
Re: Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
Jesus was born sometime around October. The bible mentions that when Jesus was born, shepherds were out tending their flock. That can't happen in December, which was winter time. It would be to cold to be out in the fields.

Do research on the net about the origin of Christmas. December 25th was a date that was set so it could unite pagan worship with true Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? by Wuminity(f): 10:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
xlextj:
.. my friend y don't u leave when Jesus was born or what month wish has no direct impact on ur faith in Christ, he came to save human kind, so kindly hype ur faith in him
well it does not, and it does.
Do you mean i should be worshiping blindly?

I only want to clear myself off the pieces i came in contact with.

By the way *Yee shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free*, it has always been on my mind thats why i created the topic to know the real thing about it.
Re: Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
Re: Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
Fabjulia:
Jesus was born sometime around October. The bible mentions that when Jesus was born, shepherds were out tending their flock. That can't happen in December, which was winter time. It would be to cold to be out in the fields.

Do research on the net about the origin of Christmas. December 25th was a date that was set so it could unite pagan worship with true Christianity.

Did you consider climate change and climatic variations in your research?

Meanwhile, No tangible record is made concerning the date of birth and death of Christ..

The Roman Catholic choice of December and J.W choice of October is just based on socio-political and assumptions respectively.

However, Christians should note that the kingdom of God is not in earthly merriment and profane hypothesis but in power which is given by the Spirit of God to them who believe in His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.
Re: Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? by Kagarko(m): 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2016
Fabjulia:
Jesus was born sometime around October. The bible mentions that when Jesus was born, shepherds were out tending their flock. That can't happen in December, Jesus was born sometime around October. The
mentions that when Jesus was born,
shepherds were out tending their flock. That
can't happen in December, which was winter
ti bible me. It would be to cold to be out in the fields.
Do research on the net about the origin of
Christmas. December 25th was a date that was
set so it could unite pagan worship with true
Christianity. was winter time. It would be to cold to be out in the fields.

Very much Correct.

So much similarities between Christmas and Mauludunnabiy in Islam. They all don't have basis in the Religion.

1 Like

Re: Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
Come on; everyone knows that Jesus was not born in Dec 25th.
Re: Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? by Zenlife: 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
SirWere:
Come on; everyone knows that Jesus was not born in Dec 25th.

Then why the comedic foolery and miseducation and misinformation of the people, especially our children.
It is religious criminality and a tease to the heavens.

(1) (Reply)

Words That Will Change Your Life Forever. / Happy Pentecost Sunday / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/06/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.