Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. (1190 Views)

Do Women Really Love Their Children More Than Their Husbands? And Why? / "Equal Pay For Women"... Really?? / Are Women Really “fish Brain” …why Am I So Obsessed About Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by 9jaBloke: 5:00am On Dec 19, 2016
This is quite interesting.

(To men) Please take time to ponder.

(To women) Just enjoy the story.

Many years ago, King Arthur of Camelot was captured and imprisoned by the monarch of a neighbouring kingdom.

The monarch should have killed him as the law demands but was moved by Arthur's youth and ideas. So, the monarch offered him his freedom, as long as he could answer a very difficult question. Arthur would have only one chance to give an appropriate answer and a year to figure out the answer. If after a year, he still had no acceptable answer, he would be put to death.

The question was:
*What do women really want?*

Such a question would perplex even the most knowledgeable man. To young Arthur, it seemed an impossible quest, but since it was better than death, he accepted the monarch's proposition to have an answer by year's end.

He returned to his kingdom and began to sample opinions: the scholars, the priests, the wise men, the magicians and even the court jesters: no one could give him a satisfactory answer.

An old man advised him to consult the old witch, for only she would have the answer but that the price would be high as the witch was infamous throughout the kingdom for the ridiculous prices she charged.

The last day of the year arrived and Arthur had no choice but to talk to the witch. She agreed to answer the question, but first he would have to agree to her price.

The old witch wanted to marry Sir Lancelot, the most handsome and noble of the Knights of the Round Table, and Arthur's closest friend. Young Arthur was horrified.

She was hunch-backed and hideous, had only one tooth, smelled like sewage, made obscene noises, etc.

He had never encountered a more repugnant creature in all his life. He refused to force his friend to marry her and endure such a terrible burden.

But Lancelot, having learnt of the proposal, spoke with Arthur. He said nothing was too big a sacrifice compared to Arthur's life and the preservation of the Round Table. Hence, a wedding was proclaimed and the witch answered Arthur's question thus:

She said, "A woman wants to be in charge of her own life."

Everyone in the kingdom instantly knew that the witch had uttered a great truth, and that Arthur's life would be spared. And so it was. The neighbouring monarch granted Arthur his freedom and Lancelot and the witch had a wonderful wedding. Lancelot being a honourable and chivalrous man treated her with respect both in public and in private.

The honeymoon hour approached and, Lancelot, steeling himself for a horrific experience, entered the bedroom and was utterly shocked!

A fair and lovely maiden with hazel eyes and flawless skin was seated on the bed. The most beautiful woman Lancelot had ever seen.

The astounded Lancelot asked who she was and where she sprang from. The beauty smiled at him and replied that since he had been so kind to her when she appeared as a witch, she would henceforth become her horrible and deformed self only half the time, and be the beautiful maiden the other half.

"Which would you prefer?" She asked him. "BEAUTIFUL during the DAY... OR at NIGHT?"

Lancelot pondered the predicament.

During the day, he could have a beautiful woman to show off to his friends, but at night, in the privacy of his castle, an old witch!

OR,

would he prefer having a hideous witch during the day? But by night a beautiful woman to share his bed?

NOW, HERE COMES THE QUESTION

(If you are a man reading this) What would YOUR choice be?

(If you are a woman reading this) What do you think YOUR MAN'S choice would be?

Please make YOUR choice first before you scroll down below!

Knowing the answer the witch gave to Arthur's question, Sir Lancelot said that he would allow HER to make the choice herself.

Upon hearing this, she announced that she would be beautiful all the time, because he had respected her enough to let her be in charge of her own life.

Now, what is the moral to this;

If you don't let a woman express herself and make her choices just because you are in a relationship or marriage, things are going to get ugly sooner or later.

Be careful how you treat a woman and always remember:

A WOMAN WANTS TO BE IN CHARGE OF HER LIFE

Please post your answers to the question the witch asked lancelot.

#copied and edited.

1 Like

Re: What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by cyberaddict: 5:44am On Dec 19, 2016
Hmm! Difficult choice. I think I'd have gone for beautiful at night.
Re: What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by 9jaBloke: 5:55am On Dec 19, 2016
@cyberaddict; so you'll have an old witch follow you about during the day? smiley
Re: What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by cyberaddict: 6:11am On Dec 19, 2016
9jaBloke:
@cyberaddict; so you'll have an old witch follow you about during the day? smiley

As an evidence of my sacrifice for Arthur smiley. Thoughts of the night will make the day endurable.

1 Like

Re: What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by oliidell(m): 6:44am On Dec 19, 2016
Beautiful during the day. wink
Re: What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by sweettease(f): 7:47am On Dec 19, 2016
Fairy tales grin
They'll definitely choose the opportunity to bang a beautiful wife. In fact the marriage won't take place in the first instance.

The story sweet sha... I guess ladies love fairy tales cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by 9jaBloke: 8:23am On Dec 19, 2016
oliidell:
Beautiful during the day. wink

So you'll spend your nights with and old witch?
Re: What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by 9jaBloke: 8:36am On Dec 19, 2016
sweettease:
Fairy tales grin
They'll definitely choose the opportunity to bang a beautiful wife. In fact the marriage won't take place in the first instance.

The story sweet sha... I guess ladies love fairy tales cheesy

Lol. The Arthurian Legends are said to be based on facts. I think there are real life friends & brothers who will make similar sacrifices.

Do you agree that women want to be in charge of their lives?
Re: What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by oliidell(m): 9:04am On Dec 19, 2016
9jaBloke:

So you'll spend your nights with and old witch?

Not necessarily. We'll only run things during the day, then retire to separate chambers at night. It's a big castle afterall.

1 Like

Re: What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by sweettease(f): 9:12am On Dec 19, 2016
9jaBloke:

Lol. The Arthurian Legends are said to be based on facts. I think there are real life friends & brothers who will make similar sacrifices.

To a certain extent. It feels good to have someone be in charge sometimes.
Re: What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by 9jaBloke: 9:44am On Dec 19, 2016
sweettease:

To a certain extent. It feels good to have someone be in charge sometimes.

Yeah, most ladies want men to take charge of many family decisions but that's different. I'm talking major decisions like religion, career, academic pursuits etc.

It's not like you are not going to discuss your choices with your significant other but letting him make them for you is a different ball game.
Re: What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by cyberaddict: 10:03am On Dec 19, 2016
9jaBloke:

Women are actually as complicated as they are different. I don't think there is one clear cut answer to the question 'What do women want?' I think they should come in here and answer it themselves.

RoralRoy
Lalasticlala
Re: What Women Really Want: An Interesting Story. by 9jaBloke: 10:10am On Dec 19, 2016
cyberaddict:

Women are actually as complicated as they are different. I don't think there is one clear cut answer to the question 'What do women want?' I think they should come in here and answer it themselves.

RoralRoy
Lalasticlala

Fair enough, but the question here is not 'what women want'; this would generate a long and diverse convo. The question is 'Do women really want to take charge of their lives?'

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? / Student Releases Nude Photos Of UNILAG Lecturer, Laments Repeated Molestation / Cheating Tips For Married Men. Come In And Learn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.