Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,762 members, 7,802,325 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin (43862 Views)

CBN May Increase Interest Rate Soon / CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin For Transactions - NDIC / Nigeria’s CBN To Legalise Use Of Bitcoin For Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by MaziOmenuko: 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2016
It's high time seun legalises bitcoin threads and remove that stupid rule that restricts cryptocurrencies.

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by adewex(m): 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
niyihawking:
sad sad
scammer, una well done

anybody offering to sell BTC to you at a rate lower than 530 is a scammer

ignorance at its peak

4 Likes

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by bunmioguns(m): 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
AK6464:
How much is the bitcoin?

Bitcoin is available for sale @500 per dollar... Holla me on 08062594558
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
Nikita1:
undecided undecided
Count me in, how much is the Bitcoin?
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
eph12:

That's exchangers rate and does not reflect the real exchange rate. Normally a dollar is about #485 at the bdc, its exchangers greed that's making them sell for over that. I don't think it can go lower than the bdc dollar rate and even if it does the dollar to btc keeps on rising that you realise you're actually spending more to get btc than before
Twas around 481 this morning when I checked

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by adewex(m): 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
crownedrookie:

Bro even the money hungry exchangers don't quote 500#/$. Wassup with d cutthroat rate? Kiloshele?? undecided undecided

iweak
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Icon79(m): 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
crownedrookie:

Bro even the money hungry exchangers don't quote 500#/$. Wassup with d cutthroat rate? Kiloshele?? undecided undecided
I have two words for you: Code 4-1-9.

And you can thank me later.

O pari
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by chidonzone(m): 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
Today mark my sixth year on nairaland.seun wey my gift.
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
grin grin grin
Icon79:

I have two words for you: Code 4-1-9.

And you can thank me later.

O pari
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by metrix360(m): 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
slapacha:
Cbn Legalising MMM united

me too i wonder o
D first tym i heard of bitcoin...na dis MMM issue o...so right now CBN its in support of mmm.

Dats gud...

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by austin2023: 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
To know more about the cryptocurrency or e-currency BITCOIN
https:///5PDgATgnQkXKZULg9tJ5a

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
If you need information on Bitcoin or you want to invest or you want me to show you where you can mine it free.contact me at rowlandjumbo@gmail.com
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by eezeribe(m): 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
herzern:
I can't help but lauqh at one of the posts above mine.

If truly bitcoin appreciate..why are you all in a hurry to sell?

Infact,Some offers discount.

My take is that the value isn't subject to appreciation,It depreciates too.

You are right. The so-called bitcoin will also fade away someday...
Many have come and gone... I still remember Liberty Reserve

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
CBN like to dey form modern meanwhile common ATM for abroad na problem.
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Chukzyfcb(m): 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
BitCoin will encourage money laundering. of course it will make transaction easier but because it's a peer to peer thing. CBN will not be able to regulate it and also I think that it will threaten the liquidity of our banks.
I don't think most country government will be comfortable with the rise of bitcoin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by hardon1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
sekem:
16. Don't promote shady investments like betting, HYIP, MLM, FOREX, binary options, and cryptocurrencies on Nairaland.

Who is breaking our law here by promoting cryptocurrencies now? grin

i tire ooo, my brother. Seun abi na mods just contradicting themselves

2 Likes

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Tobilexy: 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
curious on how bitcoin works? u can follow my team for step by step bit coin tutorials nd investment what's app me in 08108938974
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mildflame: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
The FUTURE is here
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Icon79(m): 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
Bitcoin is just like gold. The rate (price) is subject to appreciate if there's global financial crash and/or economic instability - which is very likely, by the way. However, people ought to approach with caution because of speculators. Take for instance, between the year 2001 and 2012, financial speculators pushed the price of gold from under $500 per ounce to over $2000 per ounce! Today, the rate is floating around $1000 per ounce. Hence, those who invested when the rates were over $1K are in serious shis right now!

Same thing would happen to bit coins, especially taking cognizance of the fact that some users have already started to abandon it altogether in favor of other digital currencies. Thread with caution.

O pari

2 Likes

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Chukzyfcb(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
metrix360:

me too i wonder o
D first tym i heard of bitcoin...na dis MMM issue o...so right now CBN its in support of mmm.

Dats gud...
its the presence of Mmm and these other schemes that gave rise to the popularity of BitCoin in Nigeria. the absence of these scheme will crash the value of BitCoin in Nigeria because most people may see no need for it and so the market will be flooded with plenty sellers like we are seeing now

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mildflame: 4:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
hardon1:

i tire ooo, my brother. Seun abi na mods just contradicting themselves

Dem eyes don OPEN bro Cryptocurrency is unstoppable na the future be that. Paper money will soon be obsolete
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Diplomaticbeing(m): 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2016
Bitcoin! Bitcoin! Bitcoin!

Bitcoin is good just like PM and its ilks, yet, my stance remain, don't save your hard earned money on a digital wallet/account. It can crash/freeze without prior notice. The following are some of the ills that can happen against you:

- Wallets Can Be Lost. If a hard drive crashes, or a virus corrupts data , and the wallet file is corrupted, Bitcoins have essentially been “lost”. There is nothing that can done to recover it. These coins will be forever orphaned in the system. This can bankrupt a wealthy Bitcoin investor within seconds with no way form of recovery. The coins the investor owned will also be permanently orphaned.

- If the promoters are caught and charged for money laundering anywhere in the world, it will automatically affect your account. A computer software/platform doesn't creat and operate itself, a human do. Many a time, the top promoters and users of digital currencies platforms are mainly into money laundering. The defunct Liberty Reserve, e-gold etc comes to mind.

Also, put the following other ills into consideration:

- No Buyer Protection. When goods are bought using Bitcoins, and the seller doesn’t send the promised goods, nothing can be done to reverse the transaction. This problem can be solved using a third party escrow service like Clear Coin, but then, escrow services would assume the role of banks, which would cause Bitcoins to be similar to a more traditional currency.

- No Valuation Guarantee. Since there is no central authority governing Bitcoins, no one can guarantee its minimum valuation. If a large group of merchants decide to “dump” Bitcoins and leave the system, its valuation will decrease greatly which will immensely hurt users who have a large amount of wealth invested in Bitcoins. The decentralized nature of bitcoin is both a curse and blessing.

3 Likes

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by supereagle(m): 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2016
greatKCforever:
bros, you fit enlighten me on this bitcin thing.like if you buy now, what programs do you engage in so iit grows?

For more free education, whatsapp me 08120087270
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by ipledge10(m): 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
feldido:

Right now it's $798 to 1bitcoin

And I have about $1k worth for sale wink

I buy bitcoin cos it appreciates like usein Bolt
bitcoin is going high because of depreciation of Chinese yuan, and Chinese investors prefer bitcoin. The best time to invest in bitcoin is when china have strong economy, that's when the value decline

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mildflame: 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
BitCoin will encourage money laundering. of course it will make transaction easier but because it's a peer to peer thing. CBN will not be able to regulate it and also I think that it will threaten the liquidity of our banks.
I don't think most country government will be comfortable with the rise of bitcoin

With Block chain money laundering will be history
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Chukzyfcb(m): 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
mildflame:

With Block chain money laundering will be history
how do you mean, coz having a block chain doesn't mean you can't launder money
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by feldido(m): 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2016
crownedrookie:

Bitcoin has been falling in value the last few weeks

Value In Dollar Or Naira?
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Emusan(m): 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
ip2121918021:
Is bitcoin illegal ?

It's legal more than legal itself.

If you want to know more, PM me
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mmsen: 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
StOla:
Does bitcoin need the approval of CBN to begin with?

They can't stop it whether they approve of it or not.
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mildflame: 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

how do you mean, coz having a block chain doesn't mean you can't launder money

TRANSPARENCY bro! Every single transaction is known by a third party, accountability is not hidden same with the parties involved

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Create Perfect Money Account, Fund And Withdraw / Innocent Chukwuma's Wife: "I Was Slapped By EFCC Official" (Video) / Meet Phoebe Adele Gates, Bill Gates Youngest Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.