Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin (43875 Views)

CBN May Increase Interest Rate Soon / CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin For Transactions - NDIC / Nigeria’s CBN To Legalise Use Of Bitcoin For Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mikaael(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
feldido:

Right now it's $798 to 1bitcoin
And I have about $1k worth for sale wink

I buy bitcoin cos it appreciates like usein Bolt
pls,hw do u buy it...am lost on the bitcoin process
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mildflame: 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
Only a matter of time CBN and all cental banks will be useless

4 Likes

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Themandator: 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
herzern:
I can't help but lauqh at one of the posts above mine.

If truly bitcoin appreciate..why are you all in a hurry to sell?

Infact,Some offers discount.

My take is that the value isn't subject to appreciation,It depreciates too.

Bitcoin appreciates much more than any currency in the world ........educate yourself now before it is too late
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Caseless: 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2016
herzern:
I can't help but lauqh at one of the posts above mine.

If truly bitcoin appreciate..why are you all in a hurry to sell?

Infact,Some offers discount.

My take is that the value isn't subject to appreciation,It depreciates too.

true. But it has not gone down in the last 3 years. It responds to volatility too.

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by ndcide(m): 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
Like e-gold like bitcoin. People should not be deceived.

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mildflame: 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2016
StOla:
Does bitcoin need the approval of CBN to begin with?

CAPITAL NO

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Chukzyfcb(m): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2016
mildflame:

TRANSPARENCY bro! Every single transaction is known by a third party, accountability is not hidden same with the parties involved
bro u are spilling trash. every transaction done is highly encrypted. its one of the reason BitCoin is favoured by hackers.
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mildflame: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
ndcide:
Like e-gold like bitcoin. People should not be deceived.

Bush man talk
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by feldido(m): 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
mikaael:

pls,hw do u buy it...am lost on the bitcoin process

You can Buy From Marchants Or From Trusted Exchangers.
I Can Sell For U, if U Want
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Themandator: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
crownedrookie:

1btc was over 400k 2weeks ago. Go check it now

Bitcoin value is on the increase
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mildflame: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

bro u are spilling trash. every transaction done is highly encrypted. its one of the reason BitCoin is favoured by hackers.

Idoit what do you understand by Block chain technology?
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by herzern(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2016
Caseless:
true. But it has not gone down in the last 3 years. It responds to volatility too.

It seems you are knowledgeable.

Do you trade in it?

Enlighten me..The numerous unwarranted mentions I received for that post is alarminq.
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by obanth2016: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
Ohhh huh... Up up MMM! I thought d same Nigerian journalists CBN rather advised for "proper education" has been championing d negative campaigns against MMM. How come d same CBM is now legalizing Bitcoin, being d major activity of MMM? Bitcoin is as legal a business all over the world. So, if those saddled with d responsibility of monetary policy formation do not even understand global economy, then we are in deep shit! How much is naira today to d dollar? And if I hold my money in Bitcoin, I overcome d depreciation of d naira value to d dollar. Then, CBN has come to realize the great benefit of MMM to Nigerians. it's no news. Am glad at last, that an institution (the CBN) has acknowledged d need for intellectual upgrade of most Nigerian journalist on investigative journalism. See attached.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Noblepreneur: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
niggi4life:
I have no reason to sort for British Pounds while in the UK.
With bitcoin you are good to go anywhere in the world.
I resold it for a bitcoin exchanger in the UK and got my cash at hand.
I see people trying to sell their own coins, i feel sad selling mine because i know i am truly losing a value
Very correct.If only people knew the importance of getting and growing their bitcoin account

2 Likes

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Noblepreneur: 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
AK6464:
How much is the bitcoin?
It depends on the amount you want. Bitcoin is a digital currency just like Perfect Money etc
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Abeos(m): 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2016
sekem:
16. Don't promote shady investments like betting, HYIP, MLM, FOREX, binary options, and cryptocurrencies on Nairaland.

Who is breaking our law here by promoting cryptocurrencies now? grin
I think that law has to be reviewed

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by azpekuliar: 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
feldido:

...and it's price can also can drop faster than a bomb dropped over Aleppo

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by azpekuliar: 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2016
Seun please review(edit) your now outdated law no. 16. Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Intelligentdude(m): 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2016
greatKCforever:
bros, you fit enlighten me on this bitcin thing.like if you buy now, what programs do you engage in so iit grows?
Bitcoin is an example of Crypto-currency. It is a digital currency and can be use to make lots of transactions. Presently, if you have 3bitcoin,you are a millionaire (in Naira).

For you to grow your bitcoin, there are lots of platforms, more of Scam/HYIPS site but we still have genuine platforms to grow it. You can grow it via a networking platform, Forex Platform, Binary Platform etc. I am involved in some of the platforms but can't post them here.

2 Likes

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by abbey621(m): 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2016
Bitcoin is a digital currency created to preserve anonymity and bypass the current banking regulations, unfortunately the process is still very crude and it is still in it's infancy. Right now, in order to buy and sell most consumers are still subjected to using banking methods for deposit and withdrawals. Bitcoin has been appreciating astronomically for the past year but about 13 months ago it saw a decline from $400 to 1 bitcoin to $250 to 1 bitcoin and this decline lasted about 3 months. So just like any other currency, it is subjected to appreciation and depreciation. The important thing here is to study which factors affect bitcoin pricing and be well educated before investing.

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by thunderbabs: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
MMM people ears don dey stretch.....dey no dey take ear hear money....their ears don stretch like rabbit own shocked
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Intelligentdude(m): 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
crownedrookie:

Bitcoin has been falling in value the last few weeks
No, this is a wrong info. Global Bitcoin price is increasing on a steady. It is close to 780$. Nigerians are selling their coins because of the Christmas Madness and in the quest to get raw cash for Christmas. Since there are lots of sellers,the price has reduce(in naira) because of competition. By next year February, once bitcoin growing platforms kick off,the price of Bitcoin in Nigeria will go high. This is the best time to buy Bitcoin from those who are selling #wordsofaninvestor
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by kernel504(m): 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
feldido:

Call me let's see over Bitcoins. I will like to invest on it, thanks.

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by Chukzyfcb(m): 5:01pm On Dec 19, 2016
Intelligentdude:
No, this is a wrong info. Global Bitcoin price is increasing on a steady. It is close to 780$. Nigerians are selling their coins because of the Christmas Madness and in the quest to get raw cash for Christmas. Since there are lots of sellers,the price has reduce(in naira) because of competition. By next year February, once bitcoin growing platforms kick off,the price of Bitcoin in Nigeria will go high. This is the best time to buy Bitcoin from those who are selling #wordsofaninvestor
smart word but you left a tricky clause. "once BitCoin growing platforms kicks off, the price of bitcoin will go high" he he

how many BitCoin growing platform are Nigerians aware of. in fact the most popular one being Mmm has often been squashed by the media. the death of these hyip sites will lead to a very, I repeat a very slow growth of BitCoin in Nigeria.

nobody talked about BitCoin in these fashion until Mmm and them rest blow over our horizon
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by fopdnewton: 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
[/b]IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ADD THE WHATSAPP NUMBER CANT SAY MUCH HERE BEFORE I GET BANNED[b]..

Join Us On Whatsapp
[/b]08062891988[b]
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by PiuniMan: 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
niyihawking:
sad sad
scammer, una well done

anybody offering to sell BTC to you at a rate lower than 530 is a scammer
and who pegged the price at 530?
watch your mouth before opening it in a faceless forum
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by fopdnewton: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
fopdnewton:
[/b]IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ADD THE WHATSAPP NUMBER CANT SAY MUCH HERE BEFORE I GET BANNED[b]..

Join Us On Whatsapp
[/b]08062891988[b]

1 Like

Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mildflame: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
abbey621:
Bitcoin is a digital currency created to preserve anonymity and bypass the current banking regulations, unfortunately the process is still very crude and it is still in it's infancy. Right now, in order to buy and sell most consumers are still subjected to using banking methods for deposit and withdrawals. Bitcoin has been appreciating astronomically for the past year but about 13 months ago it saw a decline from $400 to 1 bitcoin to $250 to 1 bitcoin and this decline lasted about 3 months. So just like any other currency, it is subjected to appreciation and depreciation. The important thing here is to study which factors affect bitcoin pricing and be well educated before investing.

Sabi GUY, you know what's up
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by obanth2016: 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
Yeahhhhhhh! UP up CBN, Up up MMM. I rest my case. So, u can see that d CBN has realized why we hold on to MMM. They warn us with the upper lips and invest into it with the lower lip! Ur gate way to Bitcoin is MMM. My previous articles have always highlighted d need for public enlightenment rather subjective opinion of d "educated illiterates". U çan now see why MMM will come stronger in January! Why invest ur hard earn money on assets which depreciates in value? Bitcoin appreciates as gold and that is one of d activity of MMM. Does it require legalization, no. I don't think so. Therefore, d warning against MMM on d one side and upholding BITCOIN on d other hand is contradictory and cannot hold technically. It also defies all macro-economic variables with runs on d principle of supply and demand through globalization.
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mildflame: 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

smart word but you left a tricky clause. "once BitCoin growing platforms kicks off, the price of bitcoin will go high" he he

how many BitCoin growing platform are Nigerians aware of. in fact the most popular one being Mmm has often been squashed by the media. the death of these hyip sites will lead to a very, I repeat a very slow growth of BitCoin in Nigeria.

nobody talked about BitCoin in these fashion until Mmm and them rest blow over our horizon

Why U de talk NONSENSE, I bet you got to know of BITCOIN 2days ago. Look don't let me flog you like a goat because you keep talking like one
Re: CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin by mengho(m): 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
you mean dat air money, remember d thing na digital, once it crashes YOU ARE SCREWED.

besides you fefol Could not even stabilise the naira with dollar & you are already looking for bitcoin.

Get ur priorities right first, forget that sh*t, let's have a stable economy & a country dat actually produces something tangible

sorry but I prefer raw cash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Create Perfect Money Account, Fund And Withdraw / Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery / Innocent Chukwuma's Wife: "I Was Slapped By EFCC Official" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.