Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? (40992 Views)

The Cobra My Younger Brother Killed In Our Village (Photos) / A Huge Python My Brother Killed In His Farm (Photos) / Snakes My Brother Killed Last Night (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Kakamorufu(m): 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:
Its a GUCCI BELT SNAKE smiley
grin
fulaniHERDSman:
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Kakamorufu(m): 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
SirWere:
If this post hits fP, I'll trek Naked to the front of the Governor's house tonight angryangryangry
are you ready
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Lord3point5: 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
Baroba:

Viper ko Wiper ni... I searched this your katapetasma ammodytes on google and it brought me back to this page... O boy, na you name the snake tongue
namer of snakes grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by enyemy(m): 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by DONOCHAS(m): 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2016
SirWere:
If this post hits fP, I'll trek Naked to the front of the Governor's house tonight angryangryangry
you better start cos it have reached the promise land
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Michoolu(m): 5:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
Goldenheart:
its called the ' katapetasma ammodytes' aka the Curtain Viper.

very rare stuff. highly venomous... you could trade it for $750 at endangered specie centre but instead u decided to kill it. kiss

I hope you know how easy it is to catch snakes
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Goldenheart(m): 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
Wiseandtrue:

@ bolded no wonder it was found behind the curtain smiley
sleeky huh grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Goldenheart(m): 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
Michoolu:

I hope you know how easy it is to catch snakes
Catching snake is my hobby
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by chiefojiji(m): 5:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
d snake came visiting but u killed it.

the blood is on ur head!
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Goldenheart(m): 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
sollybaby:
Haa! some people will speak intongues cause of name of snake

It's as easy as ABC. grin cheesy
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by maxit2(m): 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
Elchappo:

nwanne, re u a viper

Guy i swear u be craze.. hehehe from ambulance to viper.... ur mad men!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by paradigmshift(m): 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
Baroba:

Viper ko Wiper ni... I searched this your katapetasma ammodytes on google and it brought me back to this page... O boy, na you name the snake tongue

hahahagagaggagggagagahahahahaha
my Belle o
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Elchappo: 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
maxit2:

Guy i swear u be craze.. hehehe from ambulance to viper.... ur mad men!

Nwanne it haf teyed i mad oo..
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Organs(m): 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
Goldenheart:

very rare stuff. highly venomous... you could trade it for $750 at endangered specie centre but instead u decided to kill it. kiss

Hmm, and if it should strike whoever in the process nko?? Una go just dey talk anyhow dey make nonsense impractical suggestions like say nobi naija we dey, who get skills to capture a fast and highly venomous snake that is already feeling threatened for that neighbourhood? Also, if the snake bite am nko? where dem wan rush to get anti venom? Remember, no 911, no medical emergencies or helicopter evacuation ohh. Endangered my ass. In Africa, a good snake is a dead snake period.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by 19naia(m): 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
[url][/url]http://www.pbase.com/tmurray74/snakes

This URL is not of African snakes but my point is to show that there needs to be a comprehensive catalog of snakes in Nigeria.
The OP snake looks like a Garter snake found in USA but i found a photo of African Garter snake that looks very different by skin pattern.
The snake topics on Nairaland are lending well to catalog snakes in Nigeria even if not by name.. The full view picture is the most important identifier. The name can be placed later.
The full picture of the head and under body is also important because snakes can look similar in skin pattern and body shape, but the heads will show different species to include venomous shaped head or non venomous shaped head. Under body patterns can some times differentiate snakes that look very similar from the top side view.

Nairaland is doing well to catalog snakes of Nigeria before they go extinct because Nigerians love to kill them all upon sight.
I saw some African snake catalogs online but none were as extensive or detailed as the link above for American snakes.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by jeevyww(m): 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
African garter snake
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by dee02(m): 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2016
The snake name na Ibrahim.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by mrnigeria(m): 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2016
It is a garter snake. They are not native to Africa. I'm surprised to see it here. Probably an invasive species.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by charlesklaus(m): 6:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
Elchappo:

U be Ambulance

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by TinwotFarm1(m): 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2016
Its called a garter snake. Do research and use google, people, its free smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Fowobi84: 6:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
notoriousbabe:
because you be olodo rabata grin grin grin

U wey no be olodo why u no mention its name? Too know dey worry u.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by VictorRomanov: 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2016
Where is ur location, so u can start trekking

SirWere:
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Mujaheeeden: 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2016
Catalin:
Who is this mod that loves posting snake related topics? its getting quite irritating judging from the fact that I abhor snake a lot.
Abeg shift comot
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by TITOBIGZ(m): 7:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
Edenoscar:
wake up, lala is calling you
*Yaaawns* tnx u jawe my brother gringrin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Slym5: 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
Looks like a Boomslang to me.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Nuahall2k14(m): 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
Oga this is naija. Nobody will give u 750usd here even If u Catch dragon.
Goldenheart:

Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by nigeriancritic1(m): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
Goldenheart:

Olodo rabata!!! it is a Garter Snake. check it out.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by ophilly: 7:43pm On Dec 20, 2016
Your brother killed a harmless lizard called glass snake (Anguinae Ophisaurus).... It's as harmless as Agama Lizard

Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Jilo83(m): 7:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
Isan in yoruba
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by AnaCheks(m): 7:52pm On Dec 20, 2016
Goldenheart:

How is it possible catching it alive... The snake fine sha
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by cybriz82(m): 7:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
Goldenheart:

taaaai if i hear rare stuff...dis snake ia very common...cme ijedodo back of jekande estate mek u sed how dem dey gist dey waka up n down.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed? by Goldenheart(m): 7:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
cybriz82:

taaaai if i hear rare stuff...dis snake ia very common...cme ijedodo back of jekande estate mek u sed how dem dey gist dey waka up n down.

No money be that o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Student Crushed On Ikom-Calabar Highway (graphic Photos) / See The Monitor Lizard I Caught (pics Attached) / Destruction Caused By Ocean Surge At Alpha Beach (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.