Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) (14346 Views)

Six Cultists Who Killed Fashola Arrested By Lagos Police (Photo) / Ogun Pastor Kills His Lover And Buries Her Body In Church (Photo) / Ogun Pastor Rapes Teenager During "Anointing" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by dre11(m): 6:08am On Dec 20, 2016
Afeez Hanafi

A pastor at the Divine Yard Deliverance Ministry in Iyana Iyesi, Ota, Ogun State, Peace Udoh, has been arrested by the police for allegedly running a baby factory in the church.

The 47-year-old was said to have sold 64 babies before she was arrested on Sunday by operatives from the Lagos State Police Command who acted on a tip-off.

Udoh was apprehended with one Angela Akpan and a nurse, Mrs. Bukola Ajala, who reportedly assisted in childbirth at Udoh’s church.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the pastor usually referred complicated cases to the nurse, whose clinic – El Shaddai Hospital – is located a few metres away from the church.

Our correspondent gathered that Angela’s younger sister, 17-year-old Goodnews Akpan, recently gave birth to a child at the clinic.

Angela, who was arrested on Saturday in the Sango area, was said to have led police operatives on Sunday to Udoh’s church and Ajala’s clinic, where they were picked up respectively.

While parading the suspects on Monday at the Lagos State Police Command headquarters in Ikeja, the Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, said detectives swooped on the syndicate after receiving intelligence report that Udoh needed a buyer for Goodnews’ baby.

“The suspects run a baby factory in the Sango Ota area. We are still working to get 64 other children she has sold out,” the CP added.

However, the pastor, who hails from Akwa Ibom State, refuted the allegation, saying she used the church as a maternity home to assist her pregnant church members for a token.

She said, “I have been a pastor for 13 years. I only assisted my church members during childbirth. I take delivery of 13 to 15 babies every year and I have handled over 60 cases so far. I don’t sell the babies.

“Whenever I have a complicated case, I refer the patient to the nurse and we share the money she collects for the service. Angela brought her sister to me in July. She gave birth on November 16 at the nurse’s clinic and she was discharged. I was surprised when the police came to arrest me yesterday (Sunday).”

Ajala, the nurse, said she collected between N15,000 and N17,000 for each child delivery, adding that she didn’t know anything about selling of babies.

The third suspect, Angela, said, “I am from Abak in Akwa Ibom. I took my sister from our village to the pastor when her pregnancy was four months.

She was there until she gave birth in November and I paid N17,000. I didn’t intend to sell her child and I have never sold any child before.”

Goodnews, a secondary school dropout, told our correspondent that she was not aware of the plan to sell her baby. She said she followed Angela to Lagos to avoid being ridiculed in the village.

“I got pregnant in the school but none of my boyfriends was willing to take the responsibility for the pregnancy.

“My mother would not allow me stay with her so I decided to follow my sister to Lagos,” she added.

http://punchng.com/lagos-police-accuse-ogun-pastor-selling-64-babies/

1 Like

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by HungerBAD: 6:09am On Dec 20, 2016
64 Babies sold?

If you are a father reading this story this morning. Pause for a moment, and take a look at your child(ren) again, to ascertain if there is any resemblance between the two of you. Take a look at that child(ren)you think is yours again, and if he is displaying some traits never displayed before in your family, then be very concerned.

64 babies have been bought by some wives or a couple, who today live as our neighbours, friends,relatives. And there are hundreds of baby making factories, especially in the Eastern part of Nigeria selling babies.

Husbands, ask your wife about the baby not resembling any of you, and when she starts saying the baby look like her Grandparents, then know a "WOMAN OF GOD" has been visited.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by tchimatic(m): 6:10am On Dec 20, 2016
Endtime pastoreprenuers.....God save us!!!!
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by bustykasa(f): 6:11am On Dec 20, 2016
thinking of wat to type
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:12am On Dec 20, 2016
That women behind her be like, "Is This How You Use To Behave??

End Time Pastor
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by maryjan8(f): 6:19am On Dec 20, 2016
God save your children
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by dominique(f): 6:31am On Dec 20, 2016
How did they arrive at this figure? Our police and their shoddy investigations, it's hard to take them serious

16 Likes

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by beycity(m): 6:32am On Dec 20, 2016
Strange world we live in.
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by eezeribe(m): 6:35am On Dec 20, 2016
Money
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by greatgod2012(f): 6:35am On Dec 20, 2016
All these evil people parading themselves as pastors, it's high time God start exposing them and their evil ways, as well as striking them with thunder.

Imagine, 64 babies sold in connivance with midwife. Very outrageous. But how were the police able to arrive at that particular number.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 20, 2016
Ọta and selling of babies are two inseparable entities.

I was not surprised

1 Like

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by Atiku2019: 6:47am On Dec 20, 2016
cry cry cry cry
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by Nathan2016: 7:34am On Dec 20, 2016
NAWA OOO

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by veekid(m): 7:44am On Dec 20, 2016

fake pastors everywhere; awon wayre 100%
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 20, 2016
Ogun don dey silent for too long grin

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by Martinola(m): 7:45am On Dec 20, 2016
hmmm
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by okasebe(m): 7:45am On Dec 20, 2016
Igbos don get branch for ogun state. grin grin grin

Igbos supplying humans for rituals since 1940

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 20, 2016
grin
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by celestialAgent(m): 7:46am On Dec 20, 2016
Crack babies grin
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 20, 2016
She might be innocent

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by SexyNairalander: 7:49am On Dec 20, 2016
booked

1 Like

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by Mockinbird: 7:51am On Dec 20, 2016
Na dem, na dem hardworking flat.head uganda. They've taken their baby factory to develop Ogun state. Awon omo ale jati-jati.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:51am On Dec 20, 2016
This is serious.
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 20, 2016
ITS DEM OOOOOOOO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by ajalawole(m): 7:55am On Dec 20, 2016
name checked......... Where are our NCAN media crews cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by fromnigeria(m): 7:58am On Dec 20, 2016
He was never a Believer, just like Judas is carrot, he just give himself that title, Pastor.
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by ajalawole(m): 7:58am On Dec 20, 2016
aye nurse yen fe baje ni..... Why she come name the clinic after my family name na. sad

1 Like

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by alizma: 7:59am On Dec 20, 2016
from the news above, how did the police come to the conclusion that she is into baby factory? i think there is a plan to set someone up here. non of the people, not even the girl's statement indicated that there was an attempt to sell a baby.

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 20, 2016
EastGold:
Ọta and selling of babies are two inseparable entities.

I was not surprised

You forget to add selling human parts.
Re: Ogun Pastor Sells 64 Babies - Police (Photo) by SWORD419(m): 8:00am On Dec 20, 2016
if to say it was an imam or northerner that did this.......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover / Omisore Got N1.3bn From Dasuki Funds —EFCC / 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.