Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,809 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Stay Away From Gionee Phones - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stay Away From Gionee Phones (14495 Views)

Gionee Phones Below 40,000, 30,000 & 20,000 Naira / Stop Buying Gionee Phones / Gionee Phones Vs Xiaomi Phones (2) (3) (4)

Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by 4peace(m): 8:30am On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

Make I hear word joor.
Na today?

My Nokia torchlight has taken me to court for over swapping batteries. Lol

Yet the phone still dey kamkpe.

Except you are suggesting that he handled the phone carelessly, I don't see how removing battery and putting in another one will cause issues for him.

Madam Nokia torchlight was not smartphone.

I have same problem as op with Hot 2.I bought 3000mah battery as back up but i noticed the spare battery dont come until i power it on 2 or 3 times.Most times i always hit the battery against solid object before it power up.I did not see it as an issues because original battery do not act like that.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 22, 2016
openy:
how much where u Paid to write this. My Gionee M5 comes with an OTG cable and it charge other phones.
Kindly go through my post once more, I didn't mention a particular brand there!
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by 4peace(m): 8:34am On Dec 22, 2016
abram10:
Brother
why do I have this feeling that you are lying ?
You came here to spoil the brand..
If you have an issue with a particular phone you report it and ask for help..
Not coming online to rant "stay away from gionee phones"
I can categorically tell you that all what you posted there are lies.
Someone has exposed your ruse and you just covering up to make them see reasons with you(ad misericordiam)
I don't believe, you are lying
You write like honsule btw why do you think he is lying?
If the problem he analysed up is the actually problem, i can relate to it.And it actually pain in the as s
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by Freak101(f): 8:35am On Dec 22, 2016
I can see a lot of people going against this thread,ahahah if it was infinix now or tecno,haters will start hating because infinix didnt dash them phone

and bros,take your phone to an engineer, stop wailing like you're a retard
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by MizMyColi(f): 8:46am On Dec 22, 2016
4peace:

Madam Nokia torchlight was not smartphone.

I have same problem as op with Hot 2.I bought 3000mah battery as back up but i noticed the spare battery dont come until i power it on 2 or 3 times.Most times i always hit the battery against solid object before it power up.I did not see it as an issues because original battery do not act like that.

So we agree that these phones aren't built to withstand the rigors of Nigeria's epileptic power space, no?

So why is almost everyone guilt-tripping the OP?
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by MizMyColi(f): 8:48am On Dec 22, 2016
Elxandre:

Torchlight na smartphone Abi. sad

Like I told 4peace, we can agree then that smartphones aren't exactly built to NIgerian standards.

How can one expect the guy not to change batteries kwanu...when power used to experience recession?
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by MizMyColi(f): 8:50am On Dec 22, 2016
Elxandre:

Someone cannot play with you again. cheesy

When Tecno is involved, you no dey detect sarcasm again.
Mama Tecno grin

cheesy cheesy
Ahhh
It was lost on me.
Oops.

My bad o
Apologies.

Maybe na this gifts Tecno sent to me yesterday make me emotional *rolls eyes*

Good morning btw.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by 4peace(m): 8:55am On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

So we agree that these phones aren't built to withstand the rigors of Nigeria's epileptic power space, no?

So why is almost everyone guilt-tripping the OP?

As a nigerian we are like that.We dont assess situation before jump into conclusion especially on Nairaland
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by PianoWizard: 8:56am On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

Like I told 4peace, we can agree then that smartphones aren't exactly built to NIgerian standards.

How can one expect the guy not to change batteries kwanu...when power used to experience recession?
And why won't you support the op since it's a gionee device we are talking about here.

will you say all this if it were tecno.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by Emmysteve(m): 8:59am On Dec 22, 2016
abram10:
Brother
why do I have this feeling that you are lying ?
You came here to spoil the brand..
If you have an issue with a particular phone you report it and ask for help..
Not coming online to rant "stay away from gionee phones"
I can categorically tell you that all what you posted there are lies.
Someone has exposed your ruse and you just covering up to make them see reasons with you(ad misericordiam)
I don't believe, you are lying
What should I gain from lying? I am lying for posting an issue I have with GiONEE? Incredible!
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by 4peace(m): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2016
PianoWizard:
And why won't you support the op since it's a gionee device we are talking about here.

Currently using Gionee M3m and M5 does that make me not reason when there is an issue with any phone.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by PianoWizard: 9:02am On Dec 22, 2016
4peace:

Currently using Gionee M3m and M5 does that make me not reason when there is an issue with any phone.
All right
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by Emmysteve(m): 9:04am On Dec 22, 2016
directonpc:

Phone u used for more than 11 months
And where did you get the second battery from?
You swap battery probably everyday for months, that's over 100 swaps (what if you damaged the battery contact point?) or damaged some power IC? Will you blame the manufacturers for that too?
I have used other brands the same way but none gave me issue for using two batteries.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by Emmysteve(m): 9:05am On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

Make I hear word joor.
Na today?

Except you are suggesting that he handled the phone carelessly, I don't see how removing battery and putting in another one will cause issues for him.
God bless you for that.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by Emmysteve(m): 9:06am On Dec 22, 2016
4peace:

On the highlighted which of the battery do give you such issue?Original,Spare or both Also who rom are you using?
both batteries.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by 4peace(m): 9:08am On Dec 22, 2016
Emmysteve:
both batteries.

Which rom are you using?
Have you flash an other rom apart from follow come? if yes which rom?
And mode of flashing the said rom.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by abram10: 9:10am On Dec 22, 2016
Emmysteve:
What should I gain from lying? I am lying for posting an issue I have with GiONEE? Incredible!
okay I am sorry for saying you are lying

www.nairaland.com/3525004/charging-issue

In that link you will see a tecno smartphone user with charging issues seeking for help in a more matured manner.

He didn't come online to rant like you did..

And how many gionee devices have you used that you should come up with the headline "stay away from gionee phones"

Like I said sorry sha.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by MizMyColi(f): 9:14am On Dec 22, 2016
4peace:

As a nigerian we are like that.We dont assess situation before jump into conclusion especially on Nairaland

I pray we learn.

Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by MizMyColi(f): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2016
abram10:

In that link you will see a tecno smartphone user with charging issues seeking for help in a more matured manner.

And how many gionee devices have you used that you should come up with the headline "stay away from gionee phones"

Like I said sorry sha.

Please stop judging him.
It is his data. Anyhow he wants to use it, he will.

People are different. If he wants to rant or cry or wail....whatever works for him.

In this recession, if I carry common 30k enter market buy phone then the thing start giving me mumu issues...I will not only rant on Nairaland, I will make sure my generation does not touch that brand till I see concrete evidence that will change my perception.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by Emmysteve(m): 9:22am On Dec 22, 2016
4peace:

Which rom are you using?
Have you flash an other rom apart from follow come? if yes which rom?
And mode of flashing the said rom.
I don't ROM but everything is "follow come". But I once had an issue with the phone and gave them at Carl Care where they rectified the issue.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by MizMyColi(f): 9:22am On Dec 22, 2016
PianoWizard:

I have never attacked any device on NL.
Infact, I have praised Gionee sef.
It's just that Tecno remains my first love, Tecno is Baesmiley

It is how you Gionee fanboys are putting the OP down that I find somewhat disgusting.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by Emmysteve(m): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2016
abram10:

Like I said sorry sha.

Ok your major problem is the heading I used? Great, but I am interested in finding the solution. I wish it happen to u then you would understand how frustration.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by abram10: 9:30am On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

Please stop judging him.
It is his data. Anyhow he wants to use it, he will.

People are different. If he wants to rant or cry or wail....whatever works for him.

In this recession, if I carry common 30k ente
r market buy phone then the thing start giving me mumu issues...I will not only rant on Nairaland, I will make sure my generation does not touch that brand till I see concrete evidence that will change my perception
You sef can't blame me, I was thinking he has a multiple of bad experiences with gionee only for me to discover it is just one marathon mini 3

Maybe I went off-track but I don't think the rant aint worth it.

I have used the m3mini it gave no issues, I change it because of 4.5 inch screen - I don't like it. Then p5w(poor battery life) currently m5mini..

None of them gave me issues aside the ones started above.

well everyone gat different experiences with smartphones.

Back to what you were saying

@bolded.. will you do that if it's a tecno device.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by abram10: 9:33am On Dec 22, 2016
Emmysteve:
Ok your major problem is the heading I used? Great, but I am interested in finding the solution. I wish it happen to u then you would understand how frustration.
yes my problem, it makes you appear the brand hater even when you not.

and It won't happen to me tongue
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by MizMyColi(f): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2016
abram10:
You sef can't blame me, I was thinking he has a multiple of bad experiences with gionee only for me to discover it is just one marathon mini 3

Maybe I went off-track but I don't think the rant aint worth it.

I have used the m3mini it gave no issues, I change it because of 4.5 inch screen - I don't like it. Then p5w(poor battery life) currently m5mini..

None of them gave me issues aside the ones started above.

well everyone gat different experiences with smartphones.

Back to what you were saying

@bolded.. will you do that if it's a tecno device.

That's how people will be complaining of C9 and I will be like, is it not this C9 that till today, I still get goose bumps when I see someone holding it?

For your question....
I have confessed before now that I never liked Tecno. I am one of those people whom they have succeded in changing my perception.
Infact, my brother went to Tecno office to pick up some gift items they gave me and when he came out, he was asking me Why Are You Not working At Tecno.

If I ever experience such with their device, which I highly doubt in this time and age, because of how attached I feel, I will give a second chance, but if it persists....I will withdraw my support.

I cannor Coman use my reputation to be promoting lies.
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by 4peace(m): 9:46am On Dec 22, 2016
Emmysteve:
I don't ROM but everything is "follow come". But I once had an issue with the phone and gave them at Carl Care where they rectified the issue.

1.Some Mtk Devices battery need to calibrate some point at a time of usage especially when remove or dead b4 charge.Work if you have change your rom to likes of cm12.1(based on experience on Redmi 2,Hot 2,M3m even LG D410 and back.
How do you know something is wrong
Charge your phone and note the %
remove it and hit the battery on your palm or table(softly)
Put it and connect charger, the battery % should be same if not battery stat need to be remove by calibration.

2.Reflash the whole rom not factory reset may solved the problem.This is only thing that solved the same problem i had with Hot 2

3.Sell the phone especially to @Iamtosignno the dude truly need it because of flex wtf.

4.Whenever you buy any phone nowadays if you cant buy original battery (dont buy 3rd party) get powerbank.

To be honest with If your power key button is not having issues,then the problem is software related and man-made error
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by abram10: 9:48am On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

That's how people will be complaining of C9 and I will be like, is it not this C9 that till today, I still get goose bumps when I see someone holding it?

For your question....
I have confessed before now that I never liked Tecno. I am one of those people whom they have succeded in changing my perception.
Infact, my brother went to Tecno office to pick up some gift items they gave me and when he came out, he was asking me Why Are You Not working At Tecno.

If I ever experience such with their device, which I highly doubt in this time and age, because of how attached I feel, I will give a second chance, but if it persists....I will withdraw my support.

I cannor Coman use my reputation to be promoting lies.
But I suggest while you remain a tecno lover you should try other phone brands.

Experience the difference..
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by directonpc(m): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2016
Emmysteve:
I have used other brands the same way but none gave me issue for using two batteries.
Do you know m3mini has a special battery design? (notice it uses 4 pins) hence it might be more sensitive to the carelessness. Next time stay away from the M series if swapping batteries is what you love.

Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by directonpc(m): 9:56am On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

Make I hear word joor.
Na today?

Well I used to stone mango with my Nokia, should I do the same with my iPhone?
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by Elxandre(m): 9:57am On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

cheesy cheesy
Ahhh
It was lost on me.
Oops.

My bad o
Apologies.

Maybe na this gifts Tecno sent to me yesterday make me emotional *rolls eyes*

Good morning btw.
Good morning.

Wetin Tecno send you again
Na only you like tecno? angry

I'm not understanding anymore. sad
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by 4peace(m): 9:58am On Dec 22, 2016
directonpc:

Well I used to stone mango with my Nokia, should I do the same with my iPhone?

LOL try it now
Re: Stay Away From Gionee Phones by 4peace(m): 10:00am On Dec 22, 2016
directonpc:

Do you know m3mini has a special battery design? (notice it uses 4 pins) hence it might be more sensitive to the carelessness. Next time stay away from the M series if swapping batteries is what you love.

True talk but some will still argue it.

30 million Nigerians have never seen a mobile phone – ATCON President, Teniola / Covid 19: Video The Chinese & British Are Destroying The 5G Cell Towers / Phone Bluetooth Names: What Is Ur Own

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59