Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter (13242 Views)

ASUU Strike: How Effective Is It In Your School? / Help On Downloading Jamb Admission Letter Already Paid For / JAMB Admission Letter Printing Guide For 2016/2017 [UTME, DE Candidates] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Tomasboy(m): 8:55am On Dec 20, 2016
Guys please I want to know how effective the jamb admission letter is compared to school admission letter. . . Because just like every other people that I've been seeing jubilating and flaunting their jamb admission letter on NL, I was also given.
But I was shocked to find out that I wasn't on the list when I checked my school admission list yesterday, and also very sad. . . And I've heard few times that jamb admission letter is better to be relieved on than school's . . But even though, am a little bit wary not to see my name.
So the question is, Is it really something I should be worried about or not? Should I rely more on the jamb admission letter more and print it? (Cause I haven't) . . . Please I would like to be educated about this cause it seems to be bothering my mind ever since I went through the list and couldn't hold sight of my name. . . And am sure some people may also be in need of the answers to this same question as well. . .
I would be honored to have someone reply to this please!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Lh19(m): 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
Tomasboy:
Guys please I want to know how effective the jamb admission letter is compared to school admission letter. . . Because just like every other people that I've been seeing jubilating and flaunting their jamb admission letter on NL, I was also given.
But I was shocked to find out that I wasn't on the list when I checked my school admission list yesterday, and also very sad. . . And I've heard few times that jamb admission letter is better to be relieved on than school's . . But even though, am a little bit wary not to see my name.
So the question is, Is it really something I should be worried about or not? Should I rely more on the jamb admission letter more and print it? (Cause I haven't) . . . Please I would like to be educated about this cause it seems to be bothering my mind ever since I went through the list and couldn't hold sight of my name. . . And am sure some people may also be in need of the answers to this same question as well. . .

Bro print it and take it to the school for consideration. If the school refuses to offer you admission then you go and prepare for next jamb.

3 Likes

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Tomasboy(m): 2:02pm On Dec 20, 2016
You mean I can take the admission letter to school and they may consider??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Tomasboy(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
Lh19:

Bro print it and take it to the school for consideration. If the school refuses to offer you admission then you go and prepare for next jamb.
Thanks very much. . . I'll try that as soon as possible. . I hope and pray my luck don't go against me
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by slimmjohn(m): 2:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
What is your choice of institution? If it is OAU then you have nothing to worry about as it will upload the names of admitted candidates to its portal next year.
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Lh19(m): 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
Tomasboy:
Thanks very much. . . I'll try that as soon as possible. . I hope and pray my luck don't go against me

You are welcome bro and I wish you best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by MzzAmiable(f): 8:17am On Dec 22, 2016
i am in this same mess, dont know wat to do o... hw possible is it dat ur name will me on jamb website but not in the school's list
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Terver23(m): 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
MzzAmiable:
i am in this same mess, dont know wat to do o... hw possible is it dat ur name will me on jamb website but not in the school's list
don't worry just take it to nsuk when the resume...a friend of mine got admitted to Nsuk through jamb years back..Congrats

1 Like

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by MzzAmiable(f): 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
Terver23:

don't worry just take it to nsuk when the resume...a friend of mine got admitted to Nsuk through jamb years back..Congrats

are you serious? wow all hope is not lost afterall.

1 Like

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Terver23(m): 5:45am On Dec 23, 2016
MzzAmiable:

are you serious? wow all hope is not lost afterall.
yeah they resume January 2nd..so go to keffi And confirm everything...And remember you owe me two shawarmas and a very cold coke !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by MzzAmiable(f): 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
Terver23:

yeah they resume January 2nd..so go to keffi And confirm everything...And remember you owe me two shawarmas and a very cold coke !

hehe shawarma and coke abi? dont worry ama give it to you

BTW i went to keffi, turns out my name is actually on the list but nsuk changed my course from computer science to statistics{donno anything about that course though} my mistake was not checking all through the list.a
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by veekid(m): 6:59am On Dec 26, 2016

who jamb epp?
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Estimable(m): 7:01am On Dec 26, 2016
Lol

3 Likes

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by sainty2k3(m): 7:01am On Dec 26, 2016
Still looking for mine 6years after graduation. It's simply useless, except for that time t Nysc requested for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Heterodox(m): 7:02am On Dec 26, 2016
OAU?
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by yjgm(m): 7:05am On Dec 26, 2016
All na letter. The difference is that, the school fit fight/deny you without their letter or jamb's letter while you can use the jamb letter to fight the school if they deny you admission. Anyways, is better to have both. Safety
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by segzy17: 7:07am On Dec 26, 2016
To me dat jamb admssn letter is not as strong as d admssn letter given by d sku.........bt we av to go wit d tide and nt against it..........Wish u d best anyway
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Olakunle007(m): 7:11am On Dec 26, 2016
You should have mentioned the name of the school for proper guidance. The two are equal to me, but it has to do with the school. Jamb admission letter seems more powerful, it's one of the prerequisite for applying for undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria. Also, I don't think there is any school that doesn't recognise Jamb admission letter. As for the school, be patient, everything will be rectified once admission process start.
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by prettyjo(f): 7:12am On Dec 26, 2016
d jamb admission letter Is not effective. am talking from experience. if u type my jamb registration no now, they will write "no admission given yet"but my name is in the school list. At a point, it became a tin of worry to me but thank God I have graduated and currently serving.

In order not to discourage you,i think u should take the letter to the school first and hear Wat they will you

good luck

2 Likes

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by yomi007k(m): 7:14am On Dec 26, 2016
grin

School admission letter is d ish.

Jamb admission is jus dere.

1 Like

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 26, 2016
Its all fraud, its an avenue for duping the masses.Of what use is d jamb admission letter, when the list will be sent to d school and why must it be at high cost

2 Likes

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Silentscreamer(f): 7:16am On Dec 26, 2016
Go to d school, where admission clearance is done and tender ur complaints. They will rectify it for u. u will definitely be admitted.
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Odunharry(m): 7:24am On Dec 26, 2016
Very important..

Pls, make sure u get ur jamb admission letter.. U will need it if you are applying for scholarship, on your final Clearance(first clearance in school when you are asked to resume ),NYSC etc.

Op, dont mind people telling you its not important

1 Like

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by realGURU(m): 7:30am On Dec 26, 2016
mhm
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 26, 2016
Tomasboy:
u did change of course or something
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by jericco1(m): 7:30am On Dec 26, 2016
the only the i used the jamb admission letter for, was to obtain my state of origin certificate apart from that it has been useless. my school never asked me of it.. rather i printed theirs..
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by aycd44(m): 7:36am On Dec 26, 2016
I am an admission officer in a Federal University. For you to have JAMb admission letter, it implies that your Jamb registration number was presented by that school for admission in Jamb. However, in your situation, there is a probability that your name was mistakenly not uploaded on the University website. If you print the letter and do a follow up to the University, you could be considered.
Also note that Jamb admission letter is an equally important document as it would be requested for during your registration, if you want to apply for any scholarship and during mobilization for NYSC. Without Jamb admission letter, bro no NYSC for you o.

9 Likes

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Larablink(f): 7:37am On Dec 26, 2016
You have been admitted, jamb gives admission first before school does. You have nothing to worry about. When school resume start your registration. Your name will surely reflect then.

2 Likes

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Besto(m): 7:41am On Dec 26, 2016
jamb admission letter is more effective. infact before you are accepted for verification exercise, the 1st document that will be asked from you is your jamb admission letter so take a chill pill as the school will surely upload your nsme on its portal, they got no option here. Many of our students had same issue with you but their were later uploaded with the next batch of admission list so i believe that's what your school is aiming @,instead of uploading on a single mode.
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by jo997: 7:52am On Dec 26, 2016
Both admission letters are powerful regarding when the need of each is required.

But in terms of being admitted to any university as an undergraduate, then school admission letter takes precedence over Jamb admission letter. (though you must have Jamb admission purposely because of Jamb number fot future use like; scholarship, NYSC processing, etc)

Even before school published /release admission list to the public, there must be criteria, some fees to be paid and other requirements solely required by the prospective school in which you are seeking admission inspite of the fact that Jamb had abolished POST-UMTE.

So if you had meet all the requirements by the school but the school didn't admit you although JAMB gave you admission to the same school, then my candid advice is for you to visit the school with all your relevant documents including the original print of the JAMB admission to ascertain the reasons why you aren't on the admission list.

Best of lucks and hopes you are finally admitted and happy new year in advance.

2 Likes

Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 26, 2016
jamb has the final say when it's comes to admission in all university in Nigeria. Even those direct entry student requires jamb admission letter for admission too in any university in Nigeria. you have already been admitted, it's either your name is in another department or your school portal made a mistake. lol. My just start school immediately before your spot is given to another.
Re: How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter by oyedun82(m): 8:46am On Dec 26, 2016
Po
prettyjo:
d jamb admission letter Is not effective. am talking from experience. if u type my jamb registration no now, they will write "no admission given yet"but my name is in the school list. At a point, it became a tin of worry to me but thank God I have graduated and currently serving.

In order not to discourage you,i think u should take the letter to the school first and hear Wat they will you

good luck
sorry sis, how did you do it? Coz am also having same ish now and clearance starts next month and I dont have admission letter yet.
My question is what did you use to replace jamb admission letter during clearance?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All African Students Union Honour Prince Ishola With Africa Leadership Award / Steve April: The Father Of April Fool. / Nigerian Students Shine At CFO Global Competition 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.