Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Militants Attack UNIPORT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Attack UNIPORT (9528 Views)

Tension In Bayelsa As Militants Attack Army Check Point, Kill Four (August 2015) / Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja / Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Attack UNIPORT by otokx(m): 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2009
At about 4pm today, militants undergoing rehabilitation at the nearby citizenship & leadership training center in ALUU invaded the University of Port Harcourt campuses protesting their non payment of salaries. They destroyed some staff cars parked in their houses, chased and raped some female students. They looted all the boutiques, restaurants and shops from pritaso junction, all the way down to UDSS and down to the crown hotel. They robbed some bike men and seized their bikes. They attacked staff who were caught up in hold up on their way back from offices and collected all their valuables. Armed with machetes that they robbed from a shop along the UDSS road they molested all and sundry for about 2 hours they held the environment captive. The entire area was like a real live movie with cars turning and people running for their dear lives. The security men on duty at the administrative campus were able to lock their gate against the marauding mob who then unleashed havoc on the permanent site campus aka abuja campus. They returned to their camp with their loot promising to return on friday if their salaries are not paid. 5 vans of the JTF arrived after the mayhem to do only God knows what. At about the time of this post i passed 4 vans of mobile police patrolling the UDSS road from pritaso junction. Situating a militant rehabilitation camp so close to a university is a good recipe for havoc but our leaders don't seem to care. We have been getting unconfirmed reports of militants misbehavior in the past but today was the height of it.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by SeanT21(f): 10:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
I googled this and no news came up.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by otokx(m): 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2009
It will be carried by the news in 2 days time; am on ground and reporting to you what i witnessed 1st hand.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Horus(m): 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2009
Do you have any links for this "information"?
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by blacksta(m): 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2009
Horus:

Do you have any links for this "information"?

links ke? The guys say he dey ground u dey ask for links
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by otokx(m): 10:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
Silverbird TV just carried it in their late night edition news but can't you guys understand that a nairalander is on ground giving you information.

1 Like

Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by lannre(m): 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2009
aired by Silverbird TV.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by SeanT21(f): 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2009
Damn. Its horrible if its true.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by otokx(m): 11:00pm On Nov 16, 2009
It was very traumatic in the words of one female university staff who lost her bag to hoodlums while going home from work in the university secondary school road. The death of the chief security officer about 4 weeks ago in mysterious circumstances made co-ordination of external security operatives to be very slow thus giving the militants a field day. The level of loss by business people is very distressing. Even one woman that fries yam and plantain for sale at olive estate junction was not spared as the little money she had was taken from her. A certain guy who was returning home on bike and saw the militants behind him on foot warned the hausa men who ran a canteen at the same olive estate junction. Immediately he spoke hausa to them they closed shop and fled for their dear lives; same with one of the girls making phone calls. The other girls thought it was child's play and hung around but lost her bag containing money and recharge cards to the marauding band. Some estates who got the alert locked their gates preventing the militants from coming in. We all had to trek to our various destinations after the mayhem it was then i noticed severe destruction at pritaso junction, the barbers shop, soonas restaurant where bottles were freely broken. Infact the road there was littered with broken bottles, the nearby boutique and recharge card shop was looted with the burglary proof uprooted from its foundations. The mobile police that normally are attached to the pritaso estate simply vaporized.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by SeanT21(f): 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2009
WOW~~Horrible. Reminds me of the war I witness in Liberia.

Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by saintneo(m): 11:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
OMG! What kinda rubbish is this?

Yar'adua please feed your lions o! They are attacking my Alma Mater.

These militants should all be killed, they don't deserve any amnesty. We are just deceiving ourselves negotiating with terrorists.

This is real trash. Where all the security personnels in UP, Man O War, System Boys what are you doing? This shit can't be happening! DAME!
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by kosovo(m): 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2009
SeanT21:

I googled this and no news came up.
u sound DUMB! m sorry,
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 16, 2009
Wonder what happened to Adolf Hitlers notorious gas chambers. These militants should be lodged there as transit to damnation.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by otokx(m): 11:47pm On Nov 16, 2009
The FG better pay them their allowances before friday and thereafter relocate them to another place.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by jona2: 12:05am On Nov 17, 2009
shocked
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Beaf: 12:06am On Nov 17, 2009
osaass:

Wonder what happened to Adolf Hitlers notorious gas chambers. These militants should be lodged there as transit to damnation.

. . .Another sub-human savage on NL. embarassed
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by bawomolo(m): 12:18am On Nov 17, 2009
why did they have to rape women though?
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by WilyWily: 12:49am On Nov 17, 2009
@Disgraced Miltants,
You allow yourselves to  be fooled/deceived by Corrupt Nigeria Government, kudos to them. Keep begging to recieve salary, Shit. Soon Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba Soldiers will come and hunt you people down.
Disgraced, they are given you amnesty in your own Land for commiting now Crime. keep lining up to collect Hand outs From Hausa/Fulani another Disgrace.

But To All Real Freedom Fighter that can never be deceive, The Blessing of Jehovah Almighty God is with all of You. Be watchful and alert. The Satanic Nigeria Government, their Vicious Demonic Agents and their Dirty Stinking Soldiers are all around. Never allow the Satanic Intruders to rest until they all are Chased away, Captured or Killed.
Be ready the Battle ahead is Crucial and Decisive, Victory is ours.
We Salute Supreme Commander Jomo, His Commanders and All Real Freedom Fighters.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by mikesleek(m): 1:06am On Nov 17, 2009
**just passing by** lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by puskin: 3:25am On Nov 17, 2009
Mehn!!
I also witness'd it.
It was a wild sight. Confusion everywhere.
But, why did they have 2harass innocent defenceless staff nd students.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by SeanT21(f): 4:11am On Nov 17, 2009
kosovo:

u sound DUMB! m sorry,

Thanks for your observation mr kossovo.. cheesy
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 17, 2009
Soure please,,dont tel me u were there & u couldnt take any snapshot,poster.!
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by SeanT21(f): 5:46am On Nov 17, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Soure please,,dont tel me u were there & u couldnt take any snapshot,poster.!

R u kidding Everyone was running for cover. No time for pictures. grin
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 17, 2009
So are scared of militants or what
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by SeanT21(f): 5:57am On Nov 17, 2009
~Bluetooth:

So are scared of militants or what

Indeed.They are ruthless.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 17, 2009
Must really be terrible then,just thank God you were not raped
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by otokx(m): 6:50am On Nov 17, 2009
Yeah, thank God they were not homosexuals or oldosexuals.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Jaybee2412(m): 7:16am On Nov 17, 2009
what baffles me is why people keep reffering to them as millitants. These are nothing but a bunch of hoodlums,  thieves and rapists who will never be able to integrate into a civilised society. In most countries of the world they would have been sent to maximum security prisons doing long terms. It is only in Nigeria that such animals would be giving VIP treatment by   been paid salaries for attending training institutes. It shows how low our society has descended and how misguided some policies could be.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by rasputinn(m): 7:22am On Nov 17, 2009
@ SeanTizzle

grin grin grin,You amused me when you were asking for links,most times,it takes 24 hrs for shiit to get on the net this side of the globe
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by rasputinn(m): 7:24am On Nov 17, 2009
otokx:

Yeah, thank God they were not homosexuals or oldosexuals.

So what are you saying,that rape is okay as long as it happens to females,please tell me that disgusting thing is not what you're suggesting
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by rasputinn(m): 7:28am On Nov 17, 2009
@ OP

Stop referring to them as militants,THEY'RE USELESS CRIMINALS
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by faoni572(m): 8:35am On Nov 17, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu / Senators Source Loans To Prosecute Election Cases / Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.