Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Militants Attack UNIPORT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Attack UNIPORT (9530 Views)

Tension In Bayelsa As Militants Attack Army Check Point, Kill Four (August 2015) / Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja / Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by stede(m): 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2009
den crase. abi dey no go school.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by diobi: 11:12pm On Nov 17, 2009
Here we go again. I thought amnesty worked.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Beaf: 12:01am On Nov 18, 2009
ochukoccna:

Undisguised tribalism baring it's fangs! Just what I pointed out in my post seeing many think once U fix the 9ja delta, 9ja will be Nirvana. Keep deluding yourselves.

I'm sure U R a militant. I can just picture you holding your AK47 with your right hand and a blunt in your left [seeing any militant with a brain cant do what was done yesterday against their own people if not under the influence], smoke coming out your nostrils with a UNIPORT chick under you screaming for mercy. What a gory sick scene!
I never heard Mandela's ANC members accused of raping  fellow blacks they were fighting to liberate. Such a dirty shame your heroes no get moral restrain not to go against their own. Hiding under the guise of having been a victim of oppression to mete it back upon those whom  you claim to fight for don't make you strong, it makes you a monster. Am not appalled seeing you just like your Taliban brethren in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia and Iraq.

ndu_chuks a militant from the Niger Delta? shocked shocked shocked Boy, you are very dense!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

What ndu_chuks said was very sensible, go and read it again.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by bibiking1(m): 12:16am On Nov 18, 2009
Sickening news. Heard it on the radio this evening
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by peejay(m): 2:11am On Nov 18, 2009
The F.G is just building an Empire of destruction. The system is a plague with rotten brains. The result is what we all are experiencing. How one earth does it make sense to pay Militants Salary?!?!? The whole idea of Amnesty was dead from the start because it was a "quick fix" scheme. The only solution to the problem is to remove the people that are causing it. These attacks are the results of failed Leadership, Porous thinking faculty, disregard to Human right, self-centeredness and organized crime (corruption).
Believe me no fixing schemes will ever work. You can't fix whats broken!!

I'll use this medium to ask you all to renew your lives, have a vision and achieve it. If everyone is like you, then we have a chance.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Mariory(m): 3:07am On Nov 18, 2009
peejay:

You can't fix whats broken!!

Really? See I taught the whole point of a "fix" is that what needs to be fixed first has to be broken.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 18, 2009
damn!

i'm in the wrong profession

why bother wasting years o my life in school when i can just wield an ak4 in the name of 'freedom fighting' engage in wanton acts of vandalism, get Courted by the government and paid a salary and then when the itch takes me go on a rampage

na today govt no dey pay salary on time.

someone better drop a bomb on that camp
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by iorhenter(m): 9:30am On Nov 18, 2009
True we can pray for a Nigerian Moses but are we -the YOUTH- ready for change? Are we ready to shed our ethnic & religious cocoons which we so snugly warm up into to follow our Moses regardless of where he comes from? Meditate [not only you but us all] deeply and strongly upon this.

Am with you all the way.

Initially the MEND had a goal, later armed robbers, hudlums and outcasts saw that it was a good way of going about doing their gansterism thing and still getting the approval of the people around them. so they hid under the disguise of MEND. It's such a shame that the same people you say you are fighting for are the ones on the street now saying they don't want you anymore. They have shattered the roof that was covering them. If you (the Niger-Deltans especially) think these Hudlums have the interest of the masses at heart, you are just wasting your time. It's just the begining, it can be brought to an end if we all come together as one Nigeria and not Northern Nigeria, NIger Delta, MIddle belt, Eastern and Southern Nigeria. We all have a choice. embarassed embarassed
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by ochukoccna: 10:55am On Nov 18, 2009
Beaf:

ndu_chuks a militant from the Niger Delta? shocked shocked shocked Boy, you are very dense!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

What ndu_chuks said was very sensible, go and read it again.
@ least u dense pass me!  grin  grin  grin Read our conversations with one another to understand b4 making crash comments. Glorifying thugs in the name of militancy. Thugs who deserve 2 B shot.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Nezan(m): 11:01am On Nov 18, 2009
How did it happen?
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by WilyWily: 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2009
iorhenter:

Am with you all the way.

Initially the MEND had a goal, later armed robbers, hudlums and outcasts saw that it was a good way of going about doing their gansterism thing and still getting the approval of the people around them. so they hid under the disguise of MEND.
MEND have a goal and they have never abandon the struggle of Emancipating the People of N-Delta from the hands of Nigeria Dirty Stinking Fulani/Hausa north and their Corrupt Western Partners.MEND have consistently sticks to their demand. If Corrupt Nigeria Government gathered some people and gave them a name 'Repentant Militant' and promised to be paying them, that's their problem with their so call 'Repentant Militant' and have nothing to do with MEND, or did you see Supreme Commander JOMO with them? No.
So those people there have nothing in Common with MEND.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by ProfKKK: 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2009
This is absolute nonsense.why on earth will river state govt agree 4 their rehab camp to be located in that area??That is stupidity in d highest order, Those foolish,bastard ,wayward and animalisticc criminals who call themselves militants are being kept in a skool environment, Where was d police n JTF when d raid was going on for over 2 hours, Now the so called irresponsible police are promising their stupid selves security, Why on earth will those criminals rape those girls in the 1st place??Now,d so-called Mr Ogbonna Nwuke(commisnr 4 commerce n industry) is saying that the student should go back to school.I wonder if he will tell his daughter that nonsense,if she were schooling in uniport.Too bad that even the press are keepin quiet on this magmanimous issue to themselves, keeping d whole news codede, a few commendable ones are scratching d surface of this issue, NTA could not even show it on 9`o`clock news(pretentious cowards n hypocrites).I`m not happy at all with this development, I DEY VEX, GOD HELP OUR COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by ifele(m): 12:29am On Nov 19, 2009
The white chickens that are pumping the oil in niger delta are the terrorists and the black goats helping them are
the terrorist's property. Who likes to eat roast chicken and goat?
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by peejay(m): 3:31am On Nov 19, 2009
Mariory:

Really? See I taught the whole point of a "fix" is that what needs to be fixed first has to be broken.

LOL, depends in the context. In this case, fixing it is totally hilarious, and then again, a quick fix, is even more devastating, i'm sure you get the point.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by tanimz(f): 3:52am On Nov 19, 2009
God help us in Nigeria.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by otokx(m): 8:02am On Nov 19, 2009
This particular militant rehab camp is operated by the FG. Rivers state and specifically AMAECHI had advised against it but some accused him of having ulterior motives. The situation at the university is very tense right now as the militants ultimatum ends midnight on Thursday night. The JTF personnel here together with the mobile police are not up to 100. The university secondary school shut down yesterday and asked everyone to go home including those who are boarding. The primary and nursery school, infact all primary, secondary and nursery schools whether private or public situated in the hot zone have declared Friday a holiday. The banks - UBA, First Bank, First Inland and Intercontinental have also declared Friday a work free day.

More revelations are still coming out of the attack of the militants, one important fact is that hoodlums also took advantage of the situation to wreck havoc in the surrounding villages. One guy narrated how militants came to his shop and took all his money, they came with a Ghana must go bag containing boutique clothes and shoes but abandoned it there. After they left, other hoodlums came which sat down and drank his 4 crates of beer. The composition of this hoodlums include local no good youths of the villages who refuse to work plus some non academic students. As usual the police have been making indiscriminate arrests of innocent people labeling them militants. One of them spent 3 days at SARS Borikiri before being identified and bailed out. The guy gave God praise as he saw more innocent people there. One of the boys he saw there came from Onitsha to PH a year 9 months ago and arriving PH at about 11pm, he was arrested and accused and left there by the police. He gave the guy a phone number of his relations to call and inform them so that they can come get him out. Others still he met there were arrested by the police that the bus in which they were traveling was a stolen bus so all of them passengers and driver have been in that holding facility. This country is as Wole Soyinka said moving on the fast lane to anarchy.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by otokx(m): 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2009
One death has been confirmed; a girl selling recharge card by the emmatex restaurant who struggled with the militants. They stabbed her with a broken bottle on that Monday; she finally gave up the ghost today. It appears some politicians are trying to hush everything by choosing words but the staff unions are adamant. The motor park was full today with many students trying to get out of this ugly situation; the university is largely deserted as many people are moving out before the deadline expires 12 midnight today. I hope they have paid the militants all outstanding allowances. The state government has suggested that all militants be rehabilitated in their home states but the federal government appears to be undecided.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by otokx(m): 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2009
At a meeting of the university staff with their unions they decided to resume work on Monday based on the request made by the Rivers State Governor who has assured that never again will such a thing happen. He has also beefed up security in and around the university community. For now everywhere is still looking like a ghost town except the commercial campus across the east west road which was spared. It is hoped that there will not be a repeat performance of what happened on that eventful Monday.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by nkemjou(f): 4:43am On Nov 22, 2009
tis really disheartening
a friend on facebook posted dat
his friend has been cryin cos
his gf was raped by den.
n it mks yhu wonder wen 9ja will
gt out of dis problems. now popc
won't send me ticket 2 cme 2 9ja 4 summer, angry
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Bongoman1: 10:31pm On Nov 23, 2009
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by otokx(m): 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2009
Can you imagine that the soldiers are stationed mainly around the administrative campus gates? All the off campus estates in Aluu have been subjected to robbery by the militants on a daily basis and there is no one to help. This is how the other one started like play like play. What began as unconfirmed reports soon became an open secret. Lord protect your people.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by tanimz(f): 6:21pm On Nov 25, 2009
Bongo_man:

''Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
to decide who is for dinner, Liberty is when the sheep has a gun, ''

Hail Yar Ar Dua the architecht of a failed Nation, Shits like this happens only in my Country beloveth Naija, WHY? WHY? WHY?
Lets keep praying such won't happen again cos i smell more terror on innocent people!

Peace!!

Tru talk!!
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by nex(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2009
When news hit us some months back that militants were raping female NYSC members, some people said it was a lie, that it was the JTF doing all the raping. Okay O!
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by otokx(m): 10:31am On Nov 26, 2009
@Nex

You said so
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Ibime(m): 10:44am On Nov 26, 2009
^^^No one denied that militants raped anyone. . . some provocateurs specifically tried to mention the name MEND, so it was only right to disambiguate between MEND and militants.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by otokx(m): 10:46am On Nov 26, 2009
@Ibime

Well said
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by texazzpete(m): 10:53am On Nov 26, 2009
In any other country in the world the federal government would be facing a lawsuit for reckless endangerment. First for situating a camp for hardened murderers and thieves close to Uniport, next for failing to secure the camp and finally for incitement of the thieves by delaying their agreed upon blood money.

But this is Nigeria, and we know how cowed our people are and how lazy our lawyers can be. We prefer to 'leave everything in the hands of God' rather than taking a stand.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by Ibime(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2009
The FG is liable to all people traumatised by the militants. If I was one of them, I would be contacting the chambers of Kenyamo, Fawehimni etc immediately.

Same goes for anyone brutalised or killed by the Police force.

We need to start seeing multimillion dollar lawsuits to put these Govt agencies in line.
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by citizenY(m): 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2009
Abeg, what is the difference between MEND and militant ? Which one is the left leg of the elephant? ANd which is the right?
Re: Militants Attack UNIPORT by OJUcrook: 10:06am On Apr 25, 2016
Heheheeeee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu / Employment Slots Scandal: SERAP Calls On ICPC, EFCC To Probe Senate, MDAs / Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.