Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer (40429 Views)

Feyisola Dosumu 'Spartan' Kills Olatunji Oladeji In Ogun / Ola Oyeshina: LASTMA Officer Before And After Being Stoned (photo) / Mob Lynches LASTMA Officer In Lagos; Police Arrest Two Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by viviangist: 3:01pm On Dec 20, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFqVMd-n4H0

When the alarm of danger sounds, it is pertinent for us not to argue on the bell or the clock that gave birth to it. We should all scamper for safety first. This is exactly what the death of Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji (Age 48, A qualified Engineer from the University of Ilorin 97/98 set) The LASTMA most senior Officer and the Zonal Head (Divisonal Head) of a Jurisdiction around Apapa (Zone 13) should teach Nigerians, particularly Lagosians. Bakare (A father of 3) may have been wickedly murdered and gone but it should be a major turning point in our collective response to jungle justice.
It is a clarion call that there is fire on the mountain. This is a warning signal; an alert beaming a raging inferno that could consume many.

A Yoruba proverb says: 'The death that is killing one's acquaintances is signalling to one proverbially (ikú t'ópa ojúgbà ęni òwe lóún pa fún ni).'.. This is not just about a LASTMA official, this is about the growing restlessness and the outrageous desire for vengeance and blood like that of vampires among many a Nigerian, mostly the young ones. If nothing is expressly done, then we will all, in Abubakar Gimba's words, be witnesses to tears.

It should be noted that any jungle justice scenario that lasts for more than 10 to 15 minutes without any police attention or appearance should be blamed on the Police institution.
It is equally worrisome that a state like Lagos where the indefatigable state Governor and the people at large through their trust funds ensure the adequate provision of equipments, gadgets and other security paraphernalia is suffering from inhumane Justice - Jungle Justice.! The police seem to have decided to allow the Status Quo without making frantic efforts at ensuring things are under control.

Apart from that, an assault on any public servant lawfully carrying out his or her duty is a big slap on the authorities. The entire Government apparatus and machinery, especially the Governor has just been ridiculed and a big slap given to LASTMA as an institution with the murder of Innocent and humble Surajudeen who was stoned to death (broad day light 15th of December). He equalled the rank of the District Police Officer (DPO) in the LASTMA hierarchy. One of the brightest officials, he was an epitome of humility and commitment. He was always ready to serve with zealous passion. Ironically, he had saved many offenders through his diplomatic clout. This was the gem we lost to jungle justice. It behooves the government to rise to this challenge and show the perpetrators that they are not bigger than the State. The recorded video showed the face of the perpetrators (Okada riders and tanker drivers) along Liverpool axis at Apapa.

I shall not speak of the external forces that were not alive to their duties and sidestep the internal ones. The LASTMA personnel that took cover or ran away without calling for reinforcement are equally guilty. That was a clear case of irresponsibility and a betrayal of espirit de corps. They should be grilled. The final note is that this happened where Naval Headquarters is not far from and OP MESA also operates in the axis. This is a clear signal that security in our society lies in a danger zone. The men of atrocious intentions have sent and keep sending messages that they are not scared. Security officials have been pushed on the chest. We wait to see them prepare, fight and eventually win the battle to restore sanity.

Online Reporter
- http://www.viviangist.com/story-video-of-how-bakare-surajudeen-olatunji-was-killed-in-lagos-lastma-office

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Daslim180(m): 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
Epitome of wickedness..... when will this our Government implement the bill of jungle justice gan sef

1 Like

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Okundaye4(m): 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
This one is strong... What did he do to warrant this treatment? Because there is no smoke without fire.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Jh0wsef(m): 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
what did he do? Who did he kill??

something must have transpired to cause this..

but all the same. jungle justice is just the WRONGEST decision to make, taking laws in your own hands. spilling another's blood. That's f*cked.

11 Likes

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by steppin: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
RIP to the dead.
Funny thing is, he's being painted as a Saint, but we know better. I won't be surprised if his own people did that to him. Some LASTMA officials play god with motorists and frustrate the living daylights out of them. It's no excuse for what was done to him, but they need to be fair and just in their duty.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by samsoft(m): 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by ylaa(f): 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
May his killers know no peace.
Rip sir

2 Likes

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by viviangist: 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2016

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by GudluckIBB(m): 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
i really dont know what happened but eh way and manner these people are over zealous leaves me in doubt.
Meanwhile Tinubu and co that created lastma and enforced it are busy enjoying their lives, just imagine the way this man was killed
sad!

2 Likes

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by adeizamusty: 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
RIP
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by daniska3yaro(m): 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sad.
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Philinho(m): 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
There's a mystery behind all miseries in Nigeria under this Regime. God have mercy

1 Like

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by olayemmy666: 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
Jesus

Why is it Lastma FP news this days, Jesus help us
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
Rip
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by policy12: 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by cnnamoko(m): 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
Wild animals roaming around a geographical space called 'Nigeria'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by shadrach77: 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
Only a jungle society approves of jungle justice. So sad! cry cry
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
Chai. Since the end of MMM, nairaland has ran out of stories to push to the homepage.
Mods now posting old stories
Na wa o

6 Likes

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Zumah(m): 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
That's too bad. Some one should please tell us what actually happened.
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
I watched the video and couldn't hold my tears. Majority of the voices in the audio visual are hausa okada riders and truck drivers.

How did we get to this point of jungle justice? And to think that some police men and lastma ran away, is something that beats my imagination!

I am not a lastma official or any other force,(so u don't think I'm supporting a colleague) but I say No to this kind of act. I say No to jungle justice. I value human lives and I'll continue to pray for our people to desist from this act.

Why take a life you cannot create? What happened to reporting to the right authorities? That he's high ranked in lastma does not mean you cannot report him!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by eliwa47(m): 3:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
God almighty will forgive us all our sins n may his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by ayoadeifee(f): 3:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
I dont think we have law in Nigeria. Everything about this country is worrisome. RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
When will the government enact laws prohibiting this heinous act with stringent repercussions?

The earlier the better.

Because the next jungle justice could just be at the door step.

1 Like

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nigeria?,Hmm you are talking about police,is it those unscrupulous people in uniform that collect twenty naira that will assist?just pray for the country
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by soberdrunk(m): 3:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
I will continue to shout it, there is nothing like "jungle justice", its outright "murder"!!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by joewinson49: 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by unmask: 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
What did he do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Vincentoba: 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
Rip
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by ItzHoludex(m): 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
nawa oo
Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
A country is no longer safe when the masses can kill for a 'good' reason. They took a life to install justice, but what is justice without life ? That is how foolish humans of Nigeria have become.

4 Likes

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by butpro(m): 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
What really transpired?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer by VickyRotex(f): 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
This is terrible!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Student Shot Dead By Cultists In Front Of School Gate In Owerri. Graphic Photo / Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks / Nigerian Student Killed By Locals In Turkish Cyprus(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.