Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng (8295 Views)

What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? / No Plate Number In Lagos For A Month Now / Nigeria Customs Releases Update Of Grace Period For Auto Duty Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng by chronique(m): 8:34am On Dec 22, 2016
lonelydora:
I love this. Good move. Car dealers have been ripping us off for years.

You give them money for everything, they will use it for personal stuffs and start looking for way to smuggle cars. That is how Oga Joe scattered a friend's car because he was running from customs

Some car dealers you mean. I don't even go near cars without duty, talkless of selling them. I was supposed to sell a former minister's Venza recently and the moment I was told it had no custom papers, I lost interest in it. Those who I had marketed it to, I made sure I told them from the onset that the car had no duty so they know what they're up to... After a few attempts at selling it, I just forgot about it. If I wanted the money at all cost, I would have gotten someone to arrange fake papers but I don't roll like that. I've never sold a car that the client came back to complain of documents or anything wrong. Nothing beats having a clean record and reputation in biz. You might not be making as much as those who cut corners but having a dependable brand and being someone that can be vouched for, makes more sense to me than having all the money in the world. Long and short is, not everyone sells cars without duty papers.

2 Likes

Re: No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng by SKhanmi: 8:47am On Dec 22, 2016
Let the government be saying their own. it's just for publicity. we'll know corrupt Nigerians would find a loophole in the proposed system, in short,business continues as usual.
Re: No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng by princemillla(m): 8:48am On Dec 22, 2016
chronique:

Some car dealers you mean. I don't even go near cars without duty, talkless of selling them. I was supposed to sell a former minister's Venza recently and the moment I was told it had no custom papers, I lost interest in it. Those who I had marketed it to, I made sure I told them from the onset that the car had no duty so they know what they're up to... After a few attempts at selling it, I just forgot about it. If I wanted the money at all cost, I would have gotten someone to arrange fake papers but I don't roll like that. I've never sold a car that the client came back to complain of documents or anything wrong. Nothing beats having a clean record and reputation in biz. You might not be making as much as those who cut corners but having a dependable brand and being someone that can be vouched for, makes more sense to me than having all the money in the world. Long and short is, not everyone sells cars without duty papers.

People like you are the reasons I still belive in Nigerians. God bless your hustles.

1 Like

Re: No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng by chronique(m): 8:50am On Dec 22, 2016
princemillla:

People like you are the reasons I still belive in Nigerians. God bless your hustles.

Amen. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng by Aliku: 9:08am On Dec 22, 2016
kennygee:
This administration no just wan work at all to stabilize economy, na easy route them just dey find.

They want to tax and tax and tax sotey, them wan tax data too. May God help us.

What do you expect when the major source of revenue (oil) is being sabotaged! Where do u expect the revenue to come from? Think!
Re: No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 22, 2016
Aliku:

What do you expect when the major source of revenue (oil) is being sabotaged! Where do u expect the revenue to come from? Think!

So na only tax remain?

When salary is not increasing, food prices increasing, cost of living on the high side, the little income being earned is being taxed on all sides, so na the citizens go suffer?
Re: No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng by APCmyheart(m): 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
kenonze:
Good move.
This will go a long way in checking cars smuggling into the country.
We need to generate our money. Benin Republic major income is from import duties from Seaport. over 90% are Nigerians.

Exactly my sister, this is good move and we are getting it right gradually.
Re: No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng by APCmyheart(m): 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
Zoharariel:
Customs should go and sit down!

lol sorry smuggler no more business as usual.
Re: No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng by APCmyheart(m): 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
jimoholuyemi3:
Remitting the money into the government purse is the problem payment of it is not
The money will surely be remit if the duty is original, there will be system that control all register vehicles.
Re: No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng by sultaan(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
WHen y'all start strutting that a*s you will understand that it is very wrong for government to make policies purely for financial gains.

Like I have always said it you make legitimate businesses illegal then you more criminals.

I need people to explain this scenario.

If I buy a car less that 8 years old and I ship it through the port.

If I sell it at the market price compared to others I will be lucky if my profit is 25% of the duty I paid at the port.

Basically I am making money for those at the port. Monkey dey work Baboon dey chop

Car importers have a margin of profit on each car if they can't make it they won't ship, and they only way they have been making margins in the past is to ship salvaged cars to Cotonou now that its illegal you will only see customer special orders to Lagos or Cotonou.

The mindset of those who see everything good with this system is what got Nigeria into this mess in the first place and things have not bottomed out yet, not until things come to a complete halt, then they'll start asking the right question.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? / I Have A Check Engine Problem 2000 Mazda 626 Es/lx / Fuel Pumps In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.