Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun (16230 Views)

Lagos State State New Vehicle License Verification Website For Year 2020 / New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 / Nigeria’s New Vehicle Sales Drops To Abysmal 10,000 Units (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2016
aunty kemi HV turn to custom boss abi na FRSC mashal
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by Kewt: 8:52am On Dec 21, 2016
mjbaba:
Hahahahaha. That's why it's good for hustlers to be in power. They know what's up. This thing will never succeed. Corrupt custom and vehicle registration officers will accept settlement to link the VIN of smuggled cars to the database. This will only lead to the creation and enrichment of a cabal who by now will be salivating and can't wait for the scheme to begin.

Nice reasoning.. Every good policy in Nigeria has the tendency to be abused and exploited for selfish gains

1 Like

Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by yusufu16: 8:58am On Dec 21, 2016
I am looking
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by slimfit1(m): 8:58am On Dec 21, 2016
littlewonders:
I dislike this woman' poilicy, never understands when some policies are needed.

People like you should go back to the village I'm very sorry you should not be in nairaland I'm sorry.. if not now when ? People like you can only live in Nigeria where everybody behave like animals.
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by slimfit1(m): 9:03am On Dec 21, 2016
fuckingAyaya:
aunty kemi HV turn to custom boss abi na FRSC mashal

Bush people she is in charge of everything to do with revenue collection, this is her job try to understand that what the job of finance minister is . Police and revenue collectors as well fining people for dropping litters on driving and all.
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by anthony86(m): 9:04am On Dec 21, 2016
what is new about this policy? This is the standard procedures cars have always been registered in Nigeria.
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by mayoor15(m): 9:31am On Dec 21, 2016
[quote author=oluseyiforjesus post=52120915][/quote] for your information, don't have anybody in government, but I know how corrupt custom is, I know what youths when opportune to hold power has done, take yahaya bello for example, just 42 and mismanaging power, go to schools across the federation and see what sug executives, so called future leaders are siphoning money for personal use and you say am chopping from this government no. Stated it that yes people are dying, but that policy is so right but when will the right time be. GEJ didn't implement TSA saying time isn't right people voted against him because of corruption. PMB came and implemented it, everybody forgets GEJ initiated TSA....Nigeria need a cleansing and whatever the government is doing, if it's right we should commend them and when they go wrong, condemn them outrightly.... Anything that makes the country better is what I stand for... but I must say, youths in power are a disaster....
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by lifezone247(m): 9:35am On Dec 21, 2016
thonyigho:
This particular process has been on all this while! You actually use your VIN to clear & register your vehicle today. It is what the authorities still call CHASSIS number.

A VIN is the 'Vehicle Identification Number' attached to any motor vehicle manufactured on or AFTER 1st January 1989. A VIN is always 17 characters long.

VIN numbers can be found on plates riveted to the CHASSIS or frame, stamped into the CHASSIS or firewall and / or etched on the bottom corner of the front windscreen, and also on the vehicle's compliance plate.

SO THIS STRATEGY IS NOTHING NEW!!!!
don't mind the fools, before we use to capture wit the last 6 digits, but now they insist we capture with the full 17 digits and that is how it's been done so I don't knw the language that kemi is speaking.
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by Soleymania(m): 9:39am On Dec 21, 2016
Good morning.. Merry X'mas in advance. For all your construction needs, building design. Contact paulobuilders.com. on Facebook. Or whatzap. 08032930389.
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by littlewonders: 9:41am On Dec 21, 2016
slimfit1:

People like you should go back to the village I'm very sorry you should not be in nairaland I'm sorry.. if not now when ? People like you can only live in Nigeria where everybody behave like animals.

I meant no insult brother, I only tried to express my opinion and not to be lambasted unethically by people like you.
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by APCmyheart(m): 9:55am On Dec 21, 2016
sarrki:
Hmm mm

Good but wrong timing

Why do you think the timing is wrong?
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by APCmyheart(m): 10:02am On Dec 21, 2016
littlewonders:
I dislike this woman' poilicy, never understands when some policies are needed.

Smuggler sorry ehn..
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by APCmyheart(m): 10:03am On Dec 21, 2016
oluseyiforjesus:
Thunder that will fire this Aunty Kemi will come through cotonu......

because she is trying to block your smuggling activities?
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by slimfit1(m): 10:04am On Dec 21, 2016
littlewonders:

I meant no insult brother, I only tried to express my opinion and not to be lambasted unethically by people like you.

The world is governed by rules and regulations when we see something wrong we make amendments she is doing the right thing. If you can't afford to go by the rules get public transport.
This idea if followed and implemented properly will create jobs and revenue for the government. This are things that should have been in place years ago even the best finance minister could not think of it with the kind of education she received yes Ngozi didn't do anything apart from collecting regular funds coming in even and ordinary hausa minister can do that which is what they do all the time no disrespect to them.

If saraki sorry can't give him capital letter can look around with his eyes he would see areas that government needs to close loop holes. When they do this it would create alot of jobs, so many but they are just there collecting wages making laws to enhance them and their families. Playing media tricks with us.
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 21, 2016
somethinggood:
Madam Kemi, People are dying with sufferings multiplying by the day plus no salaries..

hear my DG's word...

" Gather Staff and enlighten them as well as
broadcast this SMS. The truth is that since 2014,
FGN has taken Salary payment away from this
Institute. Every Civil Servant in the country is
paid centrally in a system called IPPIS and we
have nothing to do with the non-payment of
salaries currently being experienced. Everything
they told us to do, we complied and yet there
has been no payment even of month of
November. Payment of Salaries is administered
by Office of the Accountant General of the
Federation directly to individual accounts of
employees and Personnel Emolument of any
Staff comes to the Institute. DG/CEO"

alleviate our sufferings, don't multiply them please.

cc: president, minister of finance
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by ibitzbarlow(m): 10:59am On Dec 21, 2016
This is lovely and the way to go. I love the idea. Besides, reducing/eliminating govt's loss of revenue, it will also mitigate the stealing of vehicles whilst enhancing recovery of already stolen vehicles.
The policy will also build our in-country automobiles ownership database .

Thumbs up guys....
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by LordVoldemort(m): 11:18am On Dec 21, 2016
Bantino:
This is a good development, but for now you guys should do something concerning the economic hardship ravaging the country

So what do you think is the aim of this policy,

If govt generate more revenue this, don't you think we will have more money to spend on critical infrastructure which will provide jobs and make things a lil bit better for people.
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by bukiboy(m): 12:04pm On Dec 21, 2016
una dey related?

slimfit1:

Bush people she is in charge of everything to do with revenue collection, this is her job try to understand that what the job of finance minister is . Police and revenue collectors as well fining people for dropping litters on driving and all.
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by slimfit1(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
bukiboy:
una dey related?

I wish we were but no thank you. She knows her job description on like Ngozi ATM madam.
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by Emassive(m): 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
How about an accident car that[b][/b] has changed chasis?
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by PastorOla1: 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
WHO KNOWS IF SHE WILL STILL BE THE MINISTER BY NEXT YEAR,
Re: New Vehicle Registration Scheme Begins March 31 – Adeosun by duwdu: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2016
centvin008:

The Federal Government has fixed March 31, 2017 for the commencement of registration of automobiles being imported into the country under the Vehicle Identification Number scheme.

It is expected that the scheme will put an end to the smuggling of vehicles into the country through the land borders, and eliminate revenue leakage by ensuring that appropriate duties are paid on imported vehicles.

The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, who disclosed this during the opening of a workshop on the integration of the National Vehicle Identification System held at the Customs Command and Staff College, Gwagwalada, Abuja on Monday, said the initiative aimed to introduce technology to counter the activities of smugglers and boost revenue collection.

In attendance at the workshop were the Comptroller General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (retd); Secretary of the Joint Tax Board, Muhammed Abubakar; Corps Marshal, Federal Road Safety Corps, Boboye Oyeyemi; and Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Usman, who represented the Inspector-General of Police.

Adeosun, according to a statement by her Special Adviser on Media, Festus Akanbi, stated that revenue would be increased by reducing leakages through the nation’s porous borders, adding that there would also be a reduction in imports under-declaration and evasion of duty payment.

The minister stated, “Going forward, we are introducing a new system where all vehicles will be registered using the Vehicle Identification Number, effective March 31, 2017. Customs clearance will be linked to the VIN, and this in turn, will be required by each state government at the point of vehicle registration.

“Effectively, any vehicle on which duty has not been paid will not be able to be registered and driven in Nigeria. We are using technology to make smuggling an unprofitable venture.”

She explained that members of the public would be advised to ensure that they obtained proof of customs duty payment when purchasing a vehicle to avoid being saddled with the liability of unpaid duties and related penalties.

The minister noted that the country was losing billions of naira annually to the activities of smugglers and described the VIN system as a powerful tool against the illicit and dangerous practice.

Adeosun added, “The VIN provides a form of identity for each vehicle that will be linked to proof of ownership and connected to a centralised database. Another advantage of the VIN is that the original vehicle manufacturers will be aware of the vehicles imported into Nigeria.

“This information is important where safety and other recalls are issued internationally. The manufacturers will now have no excuse for not extending the benefits of such recalls to Nigerian customers.

“The objective is to ensure transparency and accountability in the collection of duties and create a central system for tracking all vehicles coming into Nigeria independent of point of entry, shared database for all regulatory and enforcement agencies and requirements. As we expand the database to cover all cars, we will be able to tackle car theft and non-insurance of vehicles, among others.”

According to the minister, the collaboration between the Customs, FRSC and the Federal Inland Revenue Service will be instrumental to achieving this objective.

She added that the programme was also expected to significantly boost vehicle security and ease of transfer of vehicles from one owner to the other.

http://punchng.com/new-vehicle-registration-scheme-begins-march-31-adeosun/

This initiative is very sound and solid, IMHO. And, if properly and diligently implemented, should serve as panacea for most of the self-made, forced and unforced problems faced by the government, with respect to the importation of vehicles into Nigeria.

Well done, madam Minister Adeosun.

P34C3

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch How 35 Firefighters Struggled To Tackle A Large Fire From A Burning Tesla / Nissan Unveils Sweat Detector Cars That Tell Motorists When To Drink Water(pics) / Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.