Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! (19340 Views)

Photos Of Aliens Living Under The Earth / Quotes From Scientists That Prove Earth Is Flat. / Another Shocking Video Shows That The Earth Is Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
FUTURESENATOR THIS IS FOR YOU wink smiley cheesy

AND YOU ANGELSWEETLIPS kiss kiss kiss kiss

I LIKE PEOPLE THAT TALK WITH FACTS

3 Likes

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by saintneo(m): 10:45am On Dec 25, 2016
Rossikki:
THERE ARE NO DIRECT FLIGHTS FROM CAPE TOWN TO SIDNEY

Why do you think there are no direct flights between Cape town, South Africa and Sidney, Australia?

See the map of a 'Spherical' earth.

As you can see, travel from Cape Town to Sidney, on a spherical earth should be a short, straightforward trip across the Indian Ocean, yes?

But here's the deal:

Flights between Cape town and Australia ALWAYS stop in the Middle East, eg, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, etc first, before 'coming down' again to land in Sidney. And vice-versa.

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS? wink

OK.... Here's the answer:

Flights between Cape Town and Australia, ALWAYS pass through the Middle East because that is the SHORTEST POSSIBLE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE TWO LOCATIONS.

WHY?

BECAUSE THE EARTH IS FLAT.

Study the Picture below...

[img]http://2.bp..com/-MwUN0v_qMjs/VZvdyX7DymI/AAAAAAAAARw/cWD7zRxQxVA/s1600/11059416_10153114836933999_3545207725103786688_n.jpg[/img]

I like this topic. I absorbed initially; however, this is all hogwash.

Let's kick off with the Cape Town to Sydney flight. Crows cannot fly over the Indian Ocean because they will die exhausted and starved. Like planes take the Middle Eastern route so as to be refueled and make more money.

I'll be back with more.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Kx: 10:54am On Dec 25, 2016
saintneo:

I like this topic. I absorbed initially; however, this is all hogwash.

Let's kick off with the Cape Town to Sydney flight. Crows cannot fly over the Indian Ocean because they will die exhausted and starved. Like planes take the Middle Eastern route so as to be refueled and make more money.

I'll be back with more.

Quick one.

If Sidney/Aussie bound flights from Cape Town merely touch down in Middle East to "refuel and make more money" is d flight part of jumbo planes that can do d Indian Ocean distance without needing refueling any different??
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by saintneo(m): 11:40am On Dec 25, 2016
Kx:

Quick one.

If Sidney/Aussie bound flights from Cape Town merely touch down in Middle East to "refuel and make more money" is d flight part of jumbo planes that can do d Indian Ocean distance without needing refueling any different??

Airplanes need to make money. I don't know the population people and frequency of commute between Cape Town and Sydney, but I am sure that most airlines will prefer to do short stops offload and pick up more travellers; hence, the double stops in Middle East and India.

Furthermore, let's consider Port Harcourt to Enugu flight. Flying this route will be easy and short - about 15mins or less. Why don't we have planes doing such direct flights in Nigeria? The answer is simple, it is 'not economically viable' for now. Instead a commercial plane will fly PHC-LAG-ENU or PHC-ABJ-ENU which are the economically viable route. Based on this analogy, I don't think there is a direct flight without stopovers from Cape Town to Sydney.

In addition, I believe flying such a long distance over the Indian Ocean is a great risk. Emergency landing of planes will be nonexistent.

The Antarctica continent is the coldest place on earth, with high windspeeds of above 200km/hr. Losing course during flight is a high possibility.

Don't get me wrong, I like this flatearth ideas but I'm not convinced.

4 Likes

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Kx: 11:44am On Dec 25, 2016
saintneo:

Airplanes need to make money. I don't know the population people and frequency of commute between Cape Town and Sydney, but I am sure that most airlines will prefer to do short stops offload and pick up more travellers; hence, the double stops in Middle East and India.

Furthermore, let's consider Port Harcourt to Enugu flight. Flying this route will be easy and short - about 15mins or less. Why don't we have planes doing such direct flights in Nigeria? The answer is simple, it is not economically viable. Instead a commercial plane will fly PHC-LAG-ENU or PHC-ABJ-ENU which are the economically viable route.

You are absolutely correct on the business case made for the air planes.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Msauza(m): 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2016
Rossikki:
THERE ARE NO DIRECT FLIGHTS FROM CAPE TOWN TO SIDNEY

Why do you think there are no direct flights between Cape town, South Africa and Sidney, Australia?

See the map of a 'Spherical' earth.

As you can see, travel from Cape Town to Sidney, on a spherical earth should be a short, straightforward trip across the Indian Ocean, yes?

But here's the deal:

Flights between Cape town and Australia ALWAYS stop in the Middle East, eg, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, etc first, before 'coming down' again to land in Sidney. And vice-versa.

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS? wink

OK.... Here's the answer:

Flights between Cape Town and Australia, ALWAYS pass through the Middle East because that is the SHORTEST POSSIBLE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE TWO LOCATIONS.

WHY?

BECAUSE THE EARTH IS FLAT.

Study the Picture below...

[img]http://2.bp..com/-MwUN0v_qMjs/VZvdyX7DymI/AAAAAAAAARw/cWD7zRxQxVA/s1600/11059416_10153114836933999_3545207725103786688_n.jpg[/img]

Bwahaha… this is not true!!!

Pilots and particularly airline companies avoid flying over the ocean in a longer distance. Hence just like human jumping over water to the other side, they would mainly avoid jumping directly and instead use stepping stones to shorten the distance of jumping over. It's better as it helps one from taking longer steps as to end up falling over and dirty oneself. Now, for airlines it is lucrative, safe and helps in terms of refueling.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
AnthonioAlsaid:

I've spent two days on this and I'm still on the wall!

It's absolutely fascinating! It's creationist (flat earth, God,) against the atheist theory of (evolution, the vast universe and we are insignificant in the bigger picture ) it's man's word (science ) against God's word (Divine beings) I hope to jump of the wall at some point but I'll wait until I grow up grin
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by FutureSenator: 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
AnthonioAlsaid:

Thanks boss.

These days, there are a lot of stuffs flowing in the media. If you are not well grounded, you can get confused. Honestly.

Still waiting for my man.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
FutureSenator:

Thanks boss.

These days, there are a lot of stuffs flowing in the media. If you are not well grounded, you can get confused. Honestly.

Still waiting for my man.

Help me understand why there is no evidence of the spherical earth. The blue marble model is computer generated image so with all the satellites up there how come we need to relay on this photoshoped version of the spherical earth image. And if in fact earth is rotating then why haven't we seen the image live?

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
Msauza:

Bwahaha… this is not true!!!

Pilots and particularly airline companies avoid flying over the ocean in a longer distance. Hence just like human jumping over water to the other side, they would mainly avoid jumping directly and instead use stepping stones to shorten the distance of jumping over. It's better as it helps one from taking longer steps as to end up falling over and dirty oneself. Now, for airlines it is lucrative, safe and helps in terms of refueling.

So do planes go AROUND the earth? And if so how when the earth is in motion?

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Fash20: 10:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
AngelSweetLips:

So do planes go AROUND the earth? And if so how when the earth is in motion?

Can yo walk in a train or bus that's in motion.

If yes, Use the instance to answer your question. Assuming the train is the planet Earth and you are the plane.

Let me stop here because you didn't ask me.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Fash20: 10:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
AngelSweetLips:

Help me understand why there is no evidence of the spherical earth. The blue marble model is computer generated image so with all the satellites up there how come we need to relay on this photoshoped version of the spherical earth image. And if in fact earth is rotating then why haven't we seen the image live?
To take a photo of the entire planet, you need to be pretty far away from Earth. That costs hundreds millions of dollars to send a probe that far away and is essentially worthless for science (since you can't get much data from of the Earth that far away).

The satellites that are used to study the Earth itself have a much lower orbit to focus on specific parts of the surface... and the satellites that are as far as the Apollo are generally sent out to explore other planets.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Fash20: 10:41pm On Dec 25, 2016
Rossikki:

Replace the ''it doesn't make sense'' bit with ''I just can't get myself to accept something different from what I have known all my life, no matter the evidence shown''.

That's really what you're saying.

sad sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
Fash20:

Can yo walk in a train or bus that's in motion.

If yes, Use the instance to answer your question. Assuming the train is the planet Earth and you are the plane.

Let me stop here because you didn't ask me.

I can all though I could feel the motion. If I look outside the window I could see the motion. Also I would be stationery as in my body moves with train. Even express trains here in the UK which are so fast yet the ride is smoother one can feel the movement all your senses are in tone with the motion.

(I can't see the comparison thou because my not travelling in earth lol)
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Rossikki: 11:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
Fash20:

To take a photo of the entire planet, you need to be pretty far away from Earth. That costs hundreds millions of dollars to send a probe that far away and is essentially worthless for science (since you can't get much data from of the Earth that far away).

The satellites that are used to study the Earth itself have a much lower orbit to focus on specific parts of the surface... and the satellites that are as far as the Apollo are generally sent out to explore other planets.

Which means NASA has no idea what the earth looks like!

That's what you are saying there.

So what's with all the fake CGI and composite images of a spherical earth?
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Rossikki: 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
AngelSweetLips:

I can all though I could feel the motion. If I look outside the window I could see the motion. Also I would be stationery as in my body moves with train. Even express trains here in the UK which are so fast yet the ride is smoother one can feel the movement all your senses are in tone with the motion.

What he's saying is not even valid, because you are covered by a steel encasing and soundproof materials etc when you are in a train, and it shields you from the elemental friction outside. But on earth, there is no cover. If we are indeed on a spinning globe that's whizzing around at the speed of 67,000 miles per hour as claimed by mainstream science, we should feel something.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Rossikki: 12:25am On Dec 26, 2016
MEANWHILE, MAINSTREAM SCIENCE IS STARTING TO ADMIT THE TRUTH, SMALL BY SMALL, DUE TO PRESSURE BY THE FLAT EARTH MOVEMENT

Now they're saying....

''The shape of Earth is approximately oblate spheroidal. Due to rotation, the Earth is flattened along the geographic axis and bulging around the equator.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spheroid

LOL...

How long before they finally admit the truth? wink

And, if the earth is ''oblate spheroidal'', where the hell did this round globe image come from?

NASA!

NASA!

NASA!

How many times did I call you?

Stop deceiving people.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 26, 2016
AngelSweetLips:

you don't feel anything because the gravity of the earth is pulling you like an invisible rope unlike the train.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 26, 2016
Blackbolt:

you don't feel anything because the gravity of the earth is pulling you like an invisible rope unlike the train.

So there's no gravity inside a train? I thought Gravity was keeping the train on earth as well because without gravity the train would float?

What if Gravity doesn't exist? Gravity is the answer we were given for the theory that the earth is spherical and spinning.

If gravity keeps us on earth like a string then how come insects fly? These are genuine questions from me so please don't dismiss but enlighten me...

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 26, 2016
Fash20:

It sounds like a joke... so why feed us this photoshoped image of earth? There are no planets out there because they still haven't left the earth's atmosphere!... I would advice you to listen to the theory and see for yourself where they're going with this because the blue marble is less than 50 yrs old while the flat earth goes but through civilisations. We are the ones changing an understood norm without SOLID evidence. It's all theories and hypothesis.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Fash20: 8:52am On Dec 26, 2016
AngelSweetLips:

I can all though I could feel the motion. If I look outside the window I could see the motion.Also I would be stationery as in my body moves with train. Even express trains here in the UK which are so fast yet the ride is smoother one can feel the movement all your senses are in tone with the motion.

One of the reasons why you feel the motion of the train is the presence of friction between the train and its surrounding. In space or vacuum, there is zero friction and therefore anything you set in motion in space continue to move until it is stopped or accelerated by a force.so, the presence of friction makes you feel you are in motion. If we can create a machine that has zero coefficient of friction then when you travel in this machine you can never feel you are in motion.

About you seeing motion when you're in the train.Same thing happens on Earth but it difficult to notice the motion though you can with the aid of a camera. Please watch the video below.

The video depicts Stars moving on the night sky (time-lapse).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPHyRTZ4sVc
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Rossikki: 10:20am On Dec 26, 2016
Those are the stars moving, not the earth moving.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Fash20: 10:49am On Dec 26, 2016
AngelSweetLips:

It sounds like a joke... so why feed us this photoshoped image of earth?

The image of the Earth is not photoshopped image.This is what NASA said concerning the quality of the image

...This color image of Earth was taken by NASA’s Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC), a four megapixel CCD camera and telescope. The image was generated by combining three separate images to create a photographic-quality image. The camera takes a series of 10 images using different narrowband filters -- from ultraviolet to near infrared -- to produce a variety of science products. The red, green and blue channel images are used in these color images.

There are no planets out there because they still haven't left the earth's atmosphere!...

There are billion billion planets in the universe.
Of course we've left the earths atmosphere many times and we've also sent probes to study other planets and the solar system. NASA sent Galileo to Jupiter(it was crushed by Jupiter atmosphere after traveling less than 200km in it),voyager 1&2 to study the solar system, etc...

I would advice you to listen to the theory and see for yourself where they're going with this because the blue marble is less than 50 yrs old while the flat earth goes but through civilisations. We are the ones changing an understood norm without SOLID evidence. It's all theories and hypothesis.

I didn't wake up one day and accept the "blue marble" theory I was convinced by the large amount of evidence available.

We've used the blue mable theory to
1. Calculate Time
2. Launch satellites and spacecrafts
3. Navigate around it
etc ,successfully.
Now the question is, the flat earth theorists should predict one thing with their theory and let see it outcome. I know it will fail grin

2 Likes

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Fash20: 11:02am On Dec 26, 2016
Rossikki:
Those are the stars moving, not the earth moving.

An observer in a moving vehicle will always see a stationary object moving.

NB: the stars too aren't at rest they move its at this juncture relative velocity comes in.

You will see the same thing if you are on the stars(for example) and also feel like the star you are on is at rest.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by FutureSenator: 11:35am On Dec 26, 2016
AngelSweetLips:

Milady, there are satellite videos of the rotating earth. You can google it up. And because most of the satellite in space are in fact orbiting (going round) the earth, you will get most videos as time-lapse videos.

There are a thousand and one evidence of the sphericity of the earth. It's all over the internet. From images from space (all this conspiracy people will tell you it's computer generated, when in fact, it's satellite imagery), to day/night (can you notice the smooth transition from light to darkness? That's because of the smooth rotation of the earth away from the sun), to the growth and decline of the moon, to the horizon view, (go to the nearest harbour and try to look for an approaching ship - in a flat earth, it will grow from a very small ship to the standard size, but what you will see is the flag, the hull, and the body.. Rising out of the water).

Need I say more?
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Fash20: 11:36am On Dec 26, 2016
Rossikki:

What he's saying is not even valid, because you are covered by a steel encasing and soundproof materials etc when you are in a train, and it shields you from the elemental friction outside. But on earth, there is no cover. If we are indeed on a spinning globe that's whizzing around at the speed of 67,000 miles per hour as claimed by mainstream science, we should feel something.

No matter the shielding you cannot emulate vacuum or space where there is no friction.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by FutureSenator: 11:37am On Dec 26, 2016
@angelsweetlips

On a lighter note, you choose what you believe in dear

Reality or confusionistas!
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by FutureSenator: 11:38am On Dec 26, 2016
Fash20:

The image of the Earth is not photoshopped image.This is what NASA said concerning the quality of the image

...This color image of Earth was taken by NASA’s Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC), a four megapixel CCD camera and telescope. The image was generated by combining three separate images to create a photographic-quality image. The camera takes a series of 10 images using different narrowband filters -- from ultraviolet to near infrared -- to produce a variety of science products. The red, green and blue channel images are used in these color images.

There are billion billion planets in the universe.
Of course we've left the earths atmosphere many times and we've also sent probes to study other planets and the solar system. NASA sent Galileo to Jupiter(it was crushed by Jupiter atmosphere after traveling less than 200km in it),voyager 1&2 to study the solar system, etc...

I didn't wake up one day and accept the "blue marble" theory I was convinced by the large amount of evidence available.

We've used the blue mable theory to
1. Calculate Time
2. Launch satellites and spacecrafts
3. Navigate around it
etc ,successfully.
Now the question is, the flat earth theorists should predict one thing with their theory and let see it outcome. I know it will fail grin

Spots on my man!

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by FutureSenator: 11:46am On Dec 26, 2016
AngelSweetLips:

What if Gravity doesn't exist? Gravity is the answer we were given for the theory that the earth is spherical and spinning.

If gravity keeps us on earth like a string then how come insects fly? These are genuine questions from me so please don't dismiss but enlighten me...

Gravity does not keep us on earth 'like a string'. In fact dear, there are no strings attached.

An insect does not fly forever. It flys for some period, then come down to rest, take off again, and the cycle continues.

It uses energy to fly, it gets that energy from the food it eats. Now the weight of an insect is so small (in fact negligible).

It has very small insignificant weight with very large amount of energy. It does not find it difficult to lift and move. But at a point when it uses up that temporary kinetic energy, it comes down to find food again.

That is the principle used by aeroplanes, fans, helicopters, etc. They all obey the basic gravitational law.

Proven milady, well proven.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by FutureSenator: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2016
We students of geography and geographology have studied the earth and the sun and the moon for years. We have explained day and night, we have explained eclipses, we have predicted time and distance. We have done so well that I can tell my Muslim brothers to leave London after morning prayer and fly to Saudi.

I can assure him by the time he is there, he will not miss his next prayer. Because I know the difference in latitude, I know the speed of the earth, and I have knowledge of earth's rotation.

What can the flat earth theorists prove?

I'm ready to learn
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Rossikki: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2016
FutureSenator:

Gravity does not keep us on earth 'like a string'. In fact dear, there are no strings attached.

An insect does not fly forever. It flys for some period, then come down to rest, take off again, and the cycle continues.

It uses energy to fly, it gets that energy from the food it eats. Now the weight of an insect is so small (in fact negligible).

It has very small insignificant weight with very large amount of energy. It does not find it difficult to lift and move. But at a point when it uses up that temporary kinetic energy, it comes down to find food again.

That is the principle used by aeroplanes, fans, helicopters, etc. They all obey the basic gravitational law.

Proven milady, well proven.
You make no sense. If "gravity" is powerful enough to keep all matter glued to the earth, including oceans and buildings, how do birds and insects rise up and fly? Saying it is because they eat and have energy is utterly ludicrous and fails to address the question. What sort of energy does an insect garner that can defy the powerful 'gravity' holding whole oceans and all land and objects to a spinning globe?

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Rossikki: 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
FutureSenator:
We students of geography and geographology have studied the earth and the sun and the moon for years. We have explained day and night, we have explained eclipses, we have predicted time and distance. We have done so well that I can tell my Muslim brothers to leave London after morning prayer and fly to Saudi.

I can assure him by the time he is there, he will not miss his next prayer. Because I know the difference in latitude, I know the speed of the earth, and I have knowledge of earth's rotation.

What can the flat earth theorists prove?

I'm ready to learn
You are not ready to learn. You are stuck in the "I learnt this and that in school and it can't be wrong" mode.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sme Data @ Cheapest Price!!! / Mtn Free 3GB/6GB Imei Tweaking / Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.