Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! (19345 Views)

Photos Of Aliens Living Under The Earth / Quotes From Scientists That Prove Earth Is Flat. / Another Shocking Video Shows That The Earth Is Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Tournel(m): 2:57am On Jan 14, 2017
Rossikki:
THERE ARE NO DIRECT FLIGHTS FROM CAPE TOWN TO SIDNEY

Why do you think there are no direct flights between Cape town, South Africa and Sidney, Australia?

See the map of a 'Spherical' earth.

As you can see, travel from Cape Town to Sidney, on a spherical earth should be a short, straightforward trip across the Indian Ocean, yes?

But here's the deal:

Flights between Cape town and Australia ALWAYS stop in the Middle East, eg, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, etc first, before 'coming down' again to land in Sidney. And vice-versa.

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS? wink

OK.... Here's the answer:

Flights between Cape Town and Australia, ALWAYS pass through the Middle East because that is the SHORTEST POSSIBLE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE TWO LOCATIONS.

WHY?

BECAUSE THE EARTH IS FLAT.

Study the Picture below...

[img]http://2.bp..com/-MwUN0v_qMjs/VZvdyX7DymI/AAAAAAAAARw/cWD7zRxQxVA/s1600/11059416_10153114836933999_3545207725103786688_n.jpg[/img]

Right now, as you read this, there's direct flight from Santiago to Sydney. You can check it anytime. No north hemisphere crossing. In the past, there used to be flights over Antarctica too
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Tournel(m): 3:05am On Jan 14, 2017
Rossikki:
It IS flying flat. The plane's gyroscopes are always level. Look it up. I notice you are still dodging the Cape Town -Sidney debacle. How long will you run from it?

Gyroscope stays straight because, It's acting under gravity in a specific direction. The direction of gravitational force relative to a stable airplane is always the same (90deg to the airplane when it's not pitching or rolling) and so, the gyroscope's position relative to the airplane is always upright. When the airplane then pitches or banks, the airplane is now no longer 90deg to the gravitational line of force, but the gyroscope will still remain aligned under the earth's gravity, so that, it's orientation now relative to the airplane is also changed.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Tournel(m): 3:09am On Jan 14, 2017
Rossikki:
THE SINGLE PICTURE THAT PROVES THE EARTH IS FLAT

'In this photograph, the Chicago skyline can be seen clearly. The picture was taken by Joshua Nowicki as he stood at Grand Mere Park, Michigan, which is approximately 57 miles away, across Lake Michigan from Chicago.

If the earth were a globe, none of the buildings, including the Sears Tower (now called the Willis Tower), would be visible. They would all be below the horizon. The top of the Sears Tower would be 194 feet below the horizon. The only thing that would be visible in the entire Chicago skyline would be the uppermost 85 feet of the antennae on the top of the Sears Tower. In fact, however, the entire Sears Tower and all of the other buildings along the shore in Chicago can be seen in the Nowicki photograph. That picture by Joshua Nowicki of the Chicago skyline proves that the earth is flat.

http://henrymakow.com/2016/02/Edward-Hendrie-Flat-Earth-Defense.html#sthash.poaESwAy.dpuf
That has long been answered. It's aimply a superior mirage. If you look at the videos yourself, you'll see that the buildings are distorting in shape and the phenomenon is not observed everyday (even in clear weather)
The youtube channel that provided the video is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChw_dD4IF2h8HQBdneDJpYw
The owner of the channel seems to be a photographer and that's where flat earthers got the video from
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Rossikki: 6:44am On Jan 15, 2017
Tournel:

Gyroscope stays straight because, It's acting under gravity in a specific direction. The direction of gravitational force relative to a stable airplane is always the same (90deg to the airplane when it's not pitching or rolling) and so, the gyroscope's position relative to the airplane is always upright. When the airplane then pitches or banks, the airplane is now no longer 90deg to the gravitational line of force, but the gyroscope will still remain aligned under the earth's gravity, so that, it's orientation now relative to the airplane is also changed.

But where is your proof of gravity? You talk of gravity as if it's some sort of established fact. It isn't. That throws your theory in disarray.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Rossikki: 6:47am On Jan 15, 2017
Tournel:

Right now, as you read this, there's direct flight from Santiago to Sydney. You can check it anytime. No north hemisphere crossing. In the past, there used to be flights over Antarctica too

I'm not talking about Santiago.

Cape Town.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Tournel(m): 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
Rossikki:

But where is your proof of gravity? You talk of gravity as if it's some sort of established fact. It isn't. That throws your theory in disarray.
That's what I showed you. Gravity is an invisible force of attraction to a body. Every mass had a traditional field. Just like magnetic force, gravity is also invisible. It can only be felt by its influence on other bodies
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Tournel(m): 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
Rossikki:

I'm not talking about Santiago.

Cape Town.
You used Cape town to claim that flights never passed through the South hemisphere. I'm trying to show you that there's a flight through the South hemisphere and that flight is Sydney to Santiago
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Rossikki: 5:44am On Jan 17, 2017
Tournel:

You used Cape town to claim that flights never passed through the South hemisphere. I'm trying to show you that there's a flight through the South hemisphere and that flight is Sydney to Santiago

I just did a check and about 90% of flights between Santiago and Sydney stop in Auckland, New Zealand. Another 7% stop in Houston and San Fransisco. Why? Because these are the straightest, most logical routes on the flat earth map.

http://www.travelpack.com/flights/results

On the globe map, it makes no sense for the flight to stopover in Auckland, New Zealand which is AFTER Sydney, coming from Santiago. Or in San Fransisco USA. On the flat earth map, New Zealand (the tiny green line to the left of the bird on the flat earth map) comes before Sydney, when flying in from Santiago, and that's why the plane stops over there, before ending in Sydney.

Houston and San Fransisco are also straight in between South America and Australia on the flat earth map (see map), hence the stopovers there.

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#search;f=SCL;t=SYD;d=2017-02-02;r=2017-02-06;eo=e;q=santiago+to+sydney+flight

[img]http://2.bp..com/-MwUN0v_qMjs/VZvdyX7DymI/AAAAAAAAARw/cWD7zRxQxVA/s1600/11059416_10153114836933999_3545207725103786688_n.jpg[/img]

So Santiago is at a TOTALLY DIFFERENT positioning on the flat earth map, (see above) and and so is more proximate to a non-stop flight to Sydney. With Cape town you just WONDER WHY the plane has to go all the way 'up' to the Middle East before heading back 'down' to Sidney. Always. But it makes perfect sense on the flat earth map.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by barackodam: 8:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
It's so funny how I'm having to disapprove all I've learnt while growing up.

That there's never been anyone on the moon before, and now again, the earth is flat and gravity is wack!

I'm still confused and sitting on the fence, the interesting thing is that, I read with open mind.

Conspiracy theories are sweet at times though smiley
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Emusan(m): 9:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
barackodam:
It's so funny how I'm having to disapprove all I've learnt while growing up.

That there's never been anyone on the moon before, and now again, the earth is flat and gravity is wack!

I'm still confused and sitting on the fence, the interesting thing is that, I read with open mind.

Conspiracy theories are sweet at times though smiley

That gravity is the most pure hoax among them. How on earth will Earth's gravity be operating under the massive Sun's gravity undecided undecided

Sun's gravity that can hold a whole Jupiter which is bigger than Earth 20 times in place, in fact all planetary gravity shouldn't have a single effect under Sun's gravity.

The most funny aspect of it is that, despite that the Sun's gravity travels beyond earth reaching the faraway Pluto they can still claim that there is WEIGHTLESSNESS in space.

And I asked, should there be anything like weightlessness in our solar planet? Since everything is under Sun control.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by barackodam: 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
Emusan:

That gravity is the most pure hoax among them. How on earth will Earth's gravity be operating under the massive Sun's gravity undecided undecided

Sun's gravity that can hold a whole Jupiter which is bigger than Earth 20 times in place, in fact all planetary gravity shouldn't have a single effect under Sun's gravity.

The most funny aspect of it is that, despite that the Sun's gravity travels beyond earth reaching the faraway Pluto they can still claim that there is WEIGHTLESSNESS in space.

And I asked, should there be anything like weightlessness in our solar planet? Since everything is under Sun control.

Yeah, right.

Science, science, science.

Very wowing
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Rossikki: 12:30am On Jan 19, 2017
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Tournel(m): 6:53am On Jan 19, 2017
Rossikki:

I just did a check and about 90% of flights between Santiago and Sydney stop in Auckland, New Zealand. Another 7% stop in Houston and San Fransisco. Why? Because these are the straightest, most logical routes on the flat earth map.

On the globe map, it makes no sense for the flight to stopover in Auckland, New Zealand which is AFTER Sydney, coming from Santiago. Or in San Fransisco USA. On the flat earth map, New Zealand (the tiny green line to the left of the bird on the flat earth map) comes before Sydney, when flying in from Santiago, and that's why the plane stops over there, before ending in Sydney.

Houston and San Fransisco are also straight in between South America and Australia on the flat earth map (see map), hence the stopovers there.

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#search;f=SCL;t=SYD;d=2017-02-02;r=2017-02-06;eo=e;q=santiago+to+sydney+flight

So Santiago is at a TOTALLY DIFFERENT positioning on the flat earth map, (see above) and and so is more proximate to a non-stop flight to Sydney. With Cape town you just WONDER WHY the plane has to go all the way 'up' to the Middle East before heading back 'down' to Sidney. Always. But it makes perfect sense on the flat earth map.
You checked the wrong place or checked poorly. Check Qantas airlines.

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Rossikki: 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2017
Dude, nothing you posted there contradicts what I wrote.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Tournel(m): 8:41am On Jan 20, 2017
whiz10:
WTF! are people still believing 'the earth is flat' bullsh!t?
My brother, check youtube and you will be shocked at the amount of stupidity. Flat earth videos are many like the number of sand grains in Sahara. I still can't understand how this whole flat earth madness started.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Tournel(m): 9:13am On Jan 20, 2017
Rossikki:
So, you can't see a direct non-stop flight from SYD to SCL?
You can book your on google.com/flights
Non-stop Qantas on 21 Jan. They operate the Santiago-Sydney route on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. I don't know why you're claiming that you can't see the first search result in my pictures

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Tournel(m): 9:28am On Jan 20, 2017
Rossikki:

Santiago on a flat earth will be over 21000km from Sydney. The B747-400 first used for the flight by Qantas can travel maximum of 15000km at mach 0.85. So, on a flat earth, that direct flight won't be possible, except you want to say that, all circumferences on the equator are wrong, then, you're wrong because all these distances are confirmed by even sailors and you can test them yourself with GPS.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Emusan(m): 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
Tournel:

That's what I showed you. Gravity is an invisible force of attraction to a body. Every mass had a traditional field. Just like magnetic force, gravity is also invisible. It can only be felt by its influence on other bodies

So can you tell us why small Earth's gravity can have effect under the massive Sun's gravity which extended far to last planet in the solar system?

Again, if Sun's gravity holds all planets in their orbit, why would there still be something called WEIGHTLESSNESS in space?
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Tournel(m): 5:12am On Jan 21, 2017
Emusan:

So can you tell us why small Earth's gravity can have effect under the massive Sun's gravity which extended far to last planet in the solar system?

Again, if Sun's gravity holds all planets in their orbit, why would there still be something called WEIGHTLESSNESS in space?
(Since I'm tired of answering questions from flat earthers who have no valid point but are trying in vain to debunk the points that support a globe earth by questioning people who are not very experienced at Physics, I'll just copy and paste that answer because I didn't know it myself until I found out now [As for the sun, it's further away from the earth and so since we're closer, by my calculations, the earth gravitational force acting on us is stronger than the sun's gravitational force acting on us and that's why we stick to the earth and not float to the sun])

Weightlessness is simply a sensation experienced by an individual when there are no external objects touching one's body and exerting a push or pull upon it. Weightless sensations exist when all contact forces are removed. These sensations are common to any situation in which you are momentarily (or perpetually) in a state of free fall. When in free fall, the only force acting upon your body is the force of gravity - a non-contact force. Since the force of gravity cannot be felt without any other opposing forces, you would have no sensation of it. You would feel weightless when in a state of free fall.

These feelings of weightlessness are common at amusement parks for riders of roller coasters and other rides in which riders are momentarily airborne and lifted out of their seats. Suppose that you were lifted in your chair to the top of a very high tower and then your chair was suddenly dropped. As you and your chair fall towards the ground, you both accelerate at the same rate - g. Since the chair is unstable, falling at the same rate as you, it is unable to push upon you. Normal forces only result from contact with stable, supporting surfaces. The force of gravity is the only force acting upon your body. There are no external objects touching your body and exerting a force. As such, you would experience a weightless sensation. You would weigh as much as you always do (or as little) yet you would not have any sensation of this weight.

Weightlessness is only a sensation; it is not a reality corresponding to an individual who has lost weight. As you are free falling on a roller coaster ride (or other amusement park ride), you have not momentarily lost your weight. Weightlessness has very little to do with weight and mostly to do with the presence or absence of contact forces. If by "weight" we are referring to the force of gravitational attraction to the Earth, a free-falling person has not "lost their weight;" they are still experiencing the Earth's gravitational attraction. Unfortunately, the confusion of a person's actual weight with one's feeling of weight is the source of many misconceptions.

If you want to learn to browse for knowledge better rather than questioning valid points for a globe earth without providing your own points for flat earth that hasn't already been invalidated, read more about weightlessness at http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/circles/Lesson-4/Weightlessness-in-Orbit

Thanks!
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by SIRTee15: 12:32am On Jan 27, 2017
Rossikki:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOIyBAcz1yI
watch this video from international space station and cure your ignorance......
jump to 14:00 and view the earth from the space station......

you keep shouting NASA and American conspiracy.......
yet, the Russians were the first to travel to space.....
the Chinese and the Indians have followed the trend.....
only the black man is left out......
you are not bothered about that......
60 years after the advent of space race, no black nation has able to launch a satellite into space ON THEIR OWN......

now, some white folks are back to tell u the earth is flat and without any independent verification or evidence, u're parroting what they wrote on their website as if the original idea is yours.
cant u reason for once and decide for yourself which statement is true.......

and sincerely u don't need any NASA to tell u the earth isn't flat.....
the natural power of observation and paying attention to details is enough proof.....
ancient astronomers saw other planets in our solar system with their naked eyes.....
and majority of them rightly documented the spherical shape of the earth......

I know the average black man is mentally lazy and is ready to believe anything that suits his shallow and myopic reasoning without attempt at meaningful research but coming from a person like rossikke leaves much to be desired.......
so if another white man comes tomorrow and tells u that, actually the earth has the shape of a cube, u will become their new errand boy once again.......
There's an application in you called brain, pls use it.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Rossikki: 6:48am On Jan 29, 2017
SIRTee15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOIyBAcz1yI
watch this video from international space station and cure your ignorance......
jump to 14:00 and view the earth from the space station......

Airhead. How do you know what you're looking at? Is that what they told you? Have you been to any ''space station''?

you keep shouting NASA and American conspiracy.......
yet, the Russians were the first to travel to space.....
the Chinese and the Indians have followed the trend....

You do NOT KNOW who has, or if ANYONE HAS been to ''space''. In fact you have NO CLUE if ''space'' exists.

only the black man is left out......
you are not bothered about that......
60 years after the advent of space race, no black nation has able to launch a satellite into space ON THEIR OWN......

To hell with your stinking inferiority complex. Don't project your wretched complex and racial insecurities onto me or anyone else here. WE do not feel less than anyone. IF you DO, that's YOUR problem, NOT OURS. Why not go get some therapy to boost your self esteem? If that fails you can always bleach your skin.

now, some white folks are back to tell u the earth is flat and without any independent verification or evidence, u're parroting what they wrote on their website as if the original idea is yours. cant u reason for once and decide for yourself which statement is true.......

Pea brain. Some of us have been studying the universe and various mysteries probably before you were born. In your ignorant insolence you come on NL and assume everyone here is your mate. Just shut your trap because I don't even know where to start with you.

and sincerely u don't need any NASA to tell u the earth isn't flat.....
the natural power of observation and paying attention to details is enough proof.....

What ''natural power of observation'' nonsense are you on about? Don't come here dropping fanciful but meaningless terms hoping to impress anyone here.

ancient astronomers saw other planets in our solar system with their naked eyes.....
and majority of them rightly documented the spherical shape of the earth......

There is ZERO way ANY 'ancient astronomer' could accurately attest to a ''spherical shape'' for the earth. If you look up the sky and see round objects, that is proof that they are round, not proof they are spherical. There is no single, authentic image of a spherical body taken by any camera, or observed by any telescope, now or at any time in the past. THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE OF SPHERICAL OBJECTS IN THE THE SKY OR IN ''SPACE''.

I know the average black man is mentally lazy and is ready to believe anything that suits his shallow and myopic reasoning without attempt at meaningful research but coming from a person like rossikke leaves much to be desired.......

Direct your racist insults to your orangutan family, you animal. We humans have no clue what you're talking about. Why don't you go and work as a houseboy for the KKK or neo-nazis? They could use self-hating Uncle Tom slaves like you to no end. Stupid wretch.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Emusan(m): 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
Tournel:
(Since I'm tired of answering questions from flat earthers who have no valid point but are trying in vain to debunk the points that support a globe earth by questioning people who are not very experienced at Physics,

You missed it here, I'm not a Flat Earth advocate rather just using my God's giving reasoning power.

I'll just copy and paste that answer because I didn't know it myself until I found out now

This is where the problem lies. You didn't know it, yet claiming as if you have been to space and know it all. Also why can't you sit down and ask yourself some simple questions

But the best thing you can come up with is to do copy and paste, meanwhile you're accusing someone holding to Flat Earth without producing fact.

[As for the sun, it's further away from the earth and so since we're closer, by my calculations, the earth gravitational force acting on us is stronger than the sun's gravitational force acting on us and that's why we stick to the earth and not float to the sun])

But this same far away Sun's Gravity can hold the WHOLE EARTH in space. Now, could you please tell me, does Sun's Gravity only stop at Earth atmosphere to hold it in space or get hold to the entire Earth itself to hold it in space

Weightlessness is simply a sensation experienced by an individual when there are no external objects touching one's body and exerting a push or pull upon it. Weightless sensations exist when all contact forces are removed. These sensations are common to any situation in which you are momentarily (or perpetually) in a state of free fall. When in free fall, the only force acting upon your body is the force of gravity - a non-contact force. Since the force of gravity cannot be felt without any other opposing forces, you would have no sensation of it. You would feel weightless when in a state of free fall.

Do will suppose to experience anything like weightlessness if Sun's GRAVITY travels throughout the solar system
Nothing like weightlessness on Earth simply because Earth's Gravity is in place but miraculously there's a weightlessness in space even though the same Sun's Gravity that goes as far as to last planet was there. How could that possible.

These feelings of weightlessness are common at amusement parks for riders of roller coasters and other rides in which riders are momentarily airborne and lifted out of their seats. Suppose that you were lifted in your chair to the top of a very high tower and then your chair was suddenly dropped. As you and your chair fall towards the ground, you both accelerate at the same rate - g. Since the chair is unstable, falling at the same rate as you, it is unable to push upon you. Normal forces only result from contact with stable, supporting surfaces. The force of gravity is the only force acting upon your body. There are no external objects touching your body and exerting a force. As such, you would experience a weightless sensation. You would weigh as much as you always do (or as little) yet you would not have any sensation of this weight.

Weightlessness is only a sensation; it is not a reality corresponding to an individual who has lost weight. As you are free falling on a roller coaster ride (or other amusement park ride), you have not momentarily lost your weight. Weightlessness has very little to do with weight and mostly to do with the presence or absence of contact forces. If by "weight" we are referring to the force of gravitational attraction to the Earth, a free-falling person has not "lost their weight;" they are still experiencing the Earth's gravitational attraction. Unfortunately, the confusion of a person's actual weight with one's feeling of weight is the source of many misconceptions.

Then who confused weightlessness with lost of one's weight Please don't derail the thread.
Again, from your previous statement, Gravity tends to draw everything to the body originated from, that's why Earth gravity could hold everything on earth surface. Why then sun gravity suspend planet in space and not drawing them to its surface?

If you want to learn to browse for knowledge better rather than questioning valid points for a globe earth without providing your own points for flat earth that hasn't already been invalidated, read more about weightlessness at http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/circles/Lesson-4/Weightlessness-in-Orbit

Thanks!

You're confused by bringing up weightlessness which doesn't correspondent with the issue at hand.

The point here is on Gravity which are in two forms:
1. Why will Earth gravity supersede that of the Sun which is 100 times powerful than it with the claim that Sun gravity even passes through the earth to hold the biggest planet and last planet in space?
2. Why would planets float and revolve around the sun, when gravity supposed to pull everything to the body being generated from?
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by socially4fun: 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
This argument is interesting I must say.

Let's assume the Sun's gravitational pull is strong enough to make Jupiter orbit around it. The same force is responsible for making a smaller Mercury orbit round the Sun.

Now my question goes thus. What is keeping the Sun from pulling a smaller and closer Mercury to itself. Since the closer an object is to a larger object, the stronger the gravitational pull.

If you say there is a counter force keeping Mercury from reaching the Sun's surface. Then what force is responsible? A star? A planet? Last I checked, all planets do not orbit the Sun relative of each other.

P.S Don't tell me centripetal and centrifugal force bla bla bla. Just tell me the actual force keeping Mercury from crashing into the Sun .
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Tournel(m): 6:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
Emusan:

You missed it here, I'm not a Flat Earth advocate rather just using my God's giving reasoning power.

This is where the problem lies. You didn't know it, yet claiming as if you have been to space and know it all. Also why can't you sit down and ask yourself some simple questions

But the best thing you can come up with is to do copy and paste, meanwhile you're accusing someone holding to Flat Earth without producing fact.

But this same far away Sun's Gravity can hold the WHOLE EARTH in space. Now, could you please tell me, does Sun's Gravity only stop at Earth atmosphere to hold it in space or get hold to the entire Earth itself to hold it in space

Do will suppose to experience anything like weightlessness if Sun's GRAVITY travels throughout the solar system
Nothing like weightlessness on Earth simply because Earth's Gravity is in place but miraculously there's a weightlessness in space even though the same Sun's Gravity that goes as far as to last planet was there. How could that possible.

Then who confused weightlessness with lost of one's weight Please don't derail the thread.
Again, from your previous statement, Gravity tends to draw everything to the body originated from, that's why Earth gravity could hold everything on earth surface. Why then sun gravity suspend planet in space and not drawing them to its surface?

You're confused by bringing up weightlessness which doesn't correspondent with the issue at hand.

The point here is on Gravity which are in two forms:
1. Why will Earth gravity supersede that of the Sun which is 100 times powerful than it with the claim that Sun gravity even passes through the earth to hold the biggest planet and last planet in space?
2. Why would planets float and revolve around the sun, when gravity supposed to pull everything to the body being generated from?
I'm not the one bringing in weightlessness, it's you questioning me on weightlessness and I'm answering you.
For your first question, please go back and learn maths, then remember that gravitational force is inversely proportional to distance, then your second question, go and read about centrifugal force.
Oh! and remember that when two forces pull on something, the stronger one will win
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Emusan(m): 10:17am On Feb 24, 2017
Tournel:

I'm not the one bringing in weightlessness, it's you questioning me on weightlessness and I'm answering you.

Yeah but not confusing it with losing one's weight.

For your first question, please go back and learn maths, then remember that gravitational force is inversely proportional to distance

Maths So if gravitational force is inversely proportional to distance, do you realise that Sun's gravity bypassed the Earth to control other planets? Does earth not close to the Sun than other planets like Jupiter?

Now, this your last statement is where you should think deeply about gravity

then your second question, go and read about centrifugal force.[quote]

Are you saying centrifugal force can and always over power every forces

[quote]Oh! and remember that when two forces pull on something, the stronger one will win

So, if two forces pull on something, AND the stronger one won according to you.

Which gravity then do we supposed to be experienced on earth. I hope you realised how huge the Sun gravity is.

To me what causes falling on any body is the atmospheric weight.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Tournel(m): 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
Emusan:

Yeah but not confusing it with losing one's weight.

Maths So if gravitational force is inversely proportional to distance, do you realise that Sun's gravity bypassed the Earth to control other planets? Does earth not close to the Sun than other planets like Jupiter?

Now, this your last statement is where you should think deeply about gravity

seriously, I don't know whether to say you have poor understanding of physics. I don't know how else I will help you. So, just meet an educator to teach you better. You have search engines at your hands. I don't know why you're coming to post questions here. If you notice, planets further out in the solar system have longer revolution periods than the planets inside. now from that, calculatr the centripetal acceleration of each planet. The additive inverse of centripetal acceleration is centrifugal accelration. Then, from acceleration, you get centrifugal force. Gravity has its sink to infinity. So, the influence of sun's gravity ectends beyond even the solar system! but it gets weaker as you go further. It holds all the 8 planets. IIf the sun was to come very close to earth, (almost touching it) we will all be carried off to the sun because its gravitational force then will be stronger than that of earth. But now, due to its distance, it's gravitational force is weaker than earth to us.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Webwizinnaija: 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2019
HONESTLY, I WONT EVEN ARGUE WITH ANYONE HERE, I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IT TAKES IQ LESS THAN 30 TO BELIEVE THE EARTH IS FLAT, HAVE A NICE DAY !
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Webwizinnaija: 3:54pm On Mar 18, 2019
You are just wasting your time, there are people i dont actually argue with
Tournel:

seriously, I don't know whether to say you have poor understanding of physics. I don't know how else I will help you. So, just meet an educator to teach you better. You have search engines at your hands. I don't know why you're coming to post questions here. If you notice, planets further out in the solar system have longer revolution periods than the planets inside. now from that, calculatr the centripetal acceleration of each planet. The additive inverse of centripetal acceleration is centrifugal accelration. Then, from acceleration, you get centrifugal force. Gravity has its sink to infinity. So, the influence of sun's gravity ectends beyond even the solar system! but it gets weaker as you go further. It holds all the 8 planets. IIf the sun was to come very close to earth, (almost touching it) we will all be carried off to the sun because its gravitational force then will be stronger than that of earth. But now, due to its distance, it's gravitational force is weaker than earth to us.
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Zontrident: 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
This flat earthers are retarded if they will go to YouTube and search homemade space rockets they will see people like us that built their personal rockets and pu a camera on them then they will shoot them up into low earth orbit
And see the curvature of the earth
Hell even weather balloons can see the earth curvature
Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by Zontrident: 7:35am On Oct 02, 2020
Rossikki:

Here's a quote from research:

''In the Flat-Earth model, the South Pole does not exist at all and Antarctica is instead a gigantic ice-wall extending the circumference of Earth holding in the oceans like a giant bowl, or a “world cup.” As strange as this concept may sound at first, it is a fact that if you set a bearing due South from anywhere on Earth, inevitably at or before 78 degrees Southern latitude, you will find yourself face-to-face with an enormous ice-wall towering 100-200 feet in the air extending to the East and West the entire circumference of the world!''

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/06/south-pole-does-not-exist.html

“It has been demonstrated that the earth is a plane, the surface-centre of which is immediately underneath the star called ‘Polaris,’ and the extremities of which are bounded by a vast region of ice and water and irregular masses of land. The whole terminates in fog and darkness, where snow and driving hail, piercing sleet and boisterous winds, howling storms, madly-mounting waves, and clashing icebergs are almost constant.”

-Dr. Samuel Rowbotham, “Zetetic Astronomy, Earth Not a Globe!”

These are countries in relative proximity to the edge, led by the most powerful nations like the US, Russia, and China.

One reason that seems to be gaining ground is that the 'universe' could be much smaller than we imagine, comprising merely Earth, the sun, moon, stars, and 'Heaven' above in which God dwells. The whole NASA, planets, galaxies, solar systems stuff, with its big bang theories that explain Earth's random appearance appears to be a scam designed to divert us from the ....truth.
No vex I think say you for don die by now
I saw one of your old threads like that
Brother we are in the 21 century any body with enough money can build homemade rockets that can fly almost to low earth orbit
All of you flatearthtards always ignore gravity
Try going to YouTube and search homemade high altitude rockets or russian mig 31 highest altitude you will see that the earth is round
And please don't come screaming about how go pro technology is being used to make it seem round
All of you lock out any form of new knowledge and chose to believe in what you think
And don't come quoting bible verses for me

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:07am On Oct 04, 2020
FutureSenator:

You still don't get it my man.
I'm trying to break it down for you as simple as possible. Try and rationalize. We are all objective here, stating facts and figures. Forget about theory this, theory that.

Gravity has magnitude, direction. It keeps all object to the surface of the earth. Even clouds are suspended in the air (all they are, are floating waters). They rise and increase in weight till they evaporate to drop at rain at certain temperatures and heights. Do you know that, if not for force of gravity, water (clouds) will rise indefinitely? And never fall back?

Buildings and seas have their "resoved" force in the direction of gravity. They are of great weights and have zero kinetic energy. This simply means, they do not have any tendency to oppose gravitational force. Do you know how loads for building are calculated?

It is called a dumping process, the load from the roof is sent to beams, beams sent to columns, sent to foundations deep below the earth surface. Water bodies met loads are far below sea level. In fact, there is no water load at 1cm above sea level.

Earth is denser at subsurface level. And mountains masses lies more below the ground. That is if you see a mountain of 10m height, about 20m is buried below ground level.

Now what I'm trying to explain to you is that, every natural and engineered mass on the circle is so designed by God (copied by the engineers) to have its weight in the sphere. It weighs "nothing" outside the sphere.

Now come to dynamic objects id est insects, birds, helium balloons, planes, helicopters, etc. The principle here is to make the overall weight less than the gravitational weight (do you know the 4 forces of a plane? Lift, drag.. .etc).

These objects are so designed that their shape makes it easy for them to 'walk' on a air. Basically sir, that's what all flying objects do. If the world is a vacuum, nothing will fly. Objects are made with lightweight material, with wings and some amount of internal energy to 'propel them.

It's simply physics. For insects, they are constantly flapping their wings in air, just like fishes are flapping their wings in water. For one downward flap, they rise by an inch. The wings curve in and flap down again. Continuously they fly. Their weights (are so small, that is zero load) and they are constantly generating energy. This makes them fly.

Others glide through air. Gravity is a simple concept my man. Open your mind wide and you will find the possibilities endless.

high sounding nonsense. Why does gravity keep the large mass of ocean water, cars trucks, buildings and other massive objects to the ground on a ball spinning earth but will let insects and planes fly. Simple question and your speaking grammar that even you do not understand.
This is how they confuse people into believing their theories.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sme Data @ Cheapest Price!!! / Mtn Free 3GB/6GB Imei Tweaking / Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.