Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe (5905 Views)

Jay-Z 's Magna Carta Holy Grail To Be Released On July 4th / Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by justkunmi(m): 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2007
i know fans of modenine are endless and they keep multiplyin, but i think the guy is not original. he is just a jay z wannabe. he copies jay z's songs and rap styles and uses it in his songs. he's tryin too hard to be like jay z.

ever heard modenine's CRY? does the style, delivery, tune, beat and rhythm not remind u of jay z's SONG CRY?
ever heard modenine's NIGERIAN GIRLS? does the style, delivery, tune, beat and rhythm not remind u of jay z's GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS?

the guy is good in his own way but he should quit the copy copy syndrome.!!!
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by bgees(m): 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2007
true. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
but wait till kaydee gets at u. tongue tongue tongue
hes probably offline,if he wasnt he would have replied u.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by justkunmi(m): 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2007
yeah. i know modenine fans swarm nairaland. waitin for him
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by Christino(m): 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2007
Dear Sir,

I woulda ignored the post but I just had to hear what you have in mind

I'm highly disappointed your opinion is based on just two tracks and you are so particular about the title of the tracks, Cry Cry, Girls Girls.

I'll send you the link to the video Cry.

For 2 years, Jay-z's song cry was my favorite track (painful it was nominated but didn't win that grammy) and that single song made me love jay-z.

Now look at Modey's cry. The sound track entirely different. THe concept and story line, far far apart. The rap style, well that's Modey's softest rap i've heard, but how on earth does it relate to Jigga? Tune, rythm and beat relate to Song Cry, Nigga, Nah, I beg to disagree!

I won't judge you on Nigerian Girls cos i'm yet to sample that but since you've failed to convice me on Song cry, how you gon convince me some other time?

And to think that Cry was well copied to win 3 continental awards is a plus for a good "Chinese" dubbing. grin

I hope you know Modey's been around since the mid 90's, he ain't new in the rap scene at all. I dunno when most Nigerians "embraced" Jay-Z prolly since Hard Knock Life or even Izzo. and dat was hell around 99/2000. So where did the wannabe part come in dude?

1 Like

Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by naijacutee(f): 9:37pm On Jan 10, 2007
Who is Modenine? Is he nigerian?
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by justkunmi(m): 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2007
because modenine has been around since forever does not make him anything and defintely does not mean he can't copy jigga.

oh, u think i just woke up and decided to beef modenine? cry was definitely and absolutely influenced by song cry. like u said yourself, cry is modey's softest rap u heard. forgot song cry is also kind of jigga's softest rap?

please listen and digest nigerian girls and u'll review your post. its clearly a girls girls girls soundalike

i'm not takin anythin away from mode9, those 2 songs are just clearly jigga and thats why i singled them out.

and i'm wasn't even talking about the titles of the songs. . . .contents only.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by kaydee(m): 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2007
Hell nah! What do U mean A Jay-Z wannabe?I've heard both tracks and they don't relate 2 Jigga's in anyway. You totally wrong.Coulda been right if U say Modenine is a Nas wannabe. Sorry,get ur facts right next time.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by justkunmi(m): 9:53pm On Jan 10, 2007
i was warned about you.
nas!!! how do dey relate? i ain't talkin bout voice and mannerisms, talking bout contents
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by kaydee(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2007
I like Dudes like U. U asked the right question. Modenine really dig Nas and he neva denied it

Modenine's got a track called "Lagos State of Mind" Of course he got it from NAS" "New York State of Mind"

Modenine was a comic artiste and we all know Nas was too

Talking bout contents,they don't relate,i mean both tracks,please listen to them very well.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by gbadex1(m): 7:21am On Jan 11, 2007
@ kaydee

NaS used to be a comic artiste?

Dude, what the flamin' Bleep have u been smoking? Nowhere was NaS a comic artiste.

And as for the topic, Mode9 and his groupies are a bunch of hypocrites. They keep pointing fingers at other cats, accussing them of not being original and sh*t, meanwhile the same Mode9 groupies would close their eyes/ignore the fact that he (M9) has stolen concepts (Jay-Z's "Girls Girls Girls"wink, even stolen beats/instrumentals (xzibit's "Paparazzi" was ripped off entirely and turned into "Elbow Room"wink.

Hell, if we were to go as far as this sh*t is, he (M9) also stole KRS-1's style of rhyming and delivery.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by kaydee(m): 1:53pm On Jan 11, 2007
gbade. x:

@ kaydee

NaS used to be a comic artiste?

Dude, what the flamin' Bleep have u been smoking? Nowhere was NaS a comic artiste.

And as for the topic, Mode9 and his groupies are a bunch of hypocrites. They keep pointing fingers at other cats, accussing them of not being original and sh*t, meanwhile the same Mode9 groupies would close their eyes/ignore the fact that he (M9) has stolen concepts (Jay-Z's "Girls Girls Girls"wink, even stolen beats/instrumentals (xzibit's "Paparazzi" was ripped off entirely and turned into "Elbow Room"wink.

Hell, if we were to go as far as this sh*t is, he (M9) also stole KRS-1's style of rhyming and delivery.

I'm a artist from the start, Hip-Hop guided my heart
Graffiti on the wall, coulda ended in Spoffard, juvenile delinquent
But Pops gave me the right type'a tools to think with
Books to read, like X and stuff
'Cause the schools said the kids had dyslexia
In art class I was a compulsive sketcher of
Teachers in my homeroom, I drew pix to mess them up
-NAS (Bridgin The Gap)

U just come around and open ur mouth like U know somtin but U dunno anything bout any rapper than sauce-Kid. I'm tired of ignorant kids runnin around the forum talking sh*t. U's neva a Nas fan and U come here actin like U know somthin bout him. We both know U damn too wack or ignorant to listen to Nas. His words are too deep for U 2 understand.Ask a Nas fan if i'm wrong.BGees is a Nas fan too.

About stealing concepts,Nas once said "no idea is original".Nas himself's bin called New Rakim. Jay-Z's been biting Biggie's lyrics and sh*ts like this happen everyday in the Hip-Hop world. I hate it when ignorant people talk.

1 Like

Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by gbadex1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2007
Lol, the very words of a Mode9 clown.

First off, you don't know sh*t about me, so it's not your place to tell me whether i'm a NaS fan or not. I'M A NAS FAN and i don't need groupie clowns like you telling me crap. You quoted a Nas verse - so fucking what? Exactly what does that do to the discussion? It doesn't support the silly sh*t you said about NaS being a comic artiste. Tsk. . . lol, now that's a laughable statement coming from someone that claims to be a NaS fan and rants and believes anyone saying anything contrary to his pre-conceived notion are "damn wack" or "don't know hiphop". Eya, pele. . . .it's obvious what i said in my previous post was paining you seriously.

Secondly, you quoting NaS' "No Idea's Original" is indeed laughable. Are you not the same Mode9 groupie clown that keeps screaming "originality!" and pointing accusing fingers at other mcs like ruggedman and accusing them of not being "original"? Now the tables have turned; your mini-god Mode9 has been found guilty of contradicting himself and you do what every groupie clown does : make silly excuses.

Third, about you being an mc - Negro please! Atewewe is iller than you are and you couldn't stand Vanilla Ice in a rap battle, so quit ya yapping about u being an mc, you don't impress anyone.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by justkunmi(m): 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2007
@gbade-x
spot on bro, . .spot on.
u jus said my mind

@kaydee
no idea is original? :oreally havin a laugh. so everybody goes around copyin stuff from everyone else? is that how it works??
point has been made and has even by validated by you, mode9 is not original. apart from the 2 examples i made, lagos state of mind was also coined out of someone else's work!!!! pls, wat are we then sayin? so how many songs did he really do himself? and like u said, he's been in the business for long?? doesn't all this just sound pathetic??

ORIGINALITY IS IT, and modenine is not
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by bgees(m): 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2007
i dont listen to mode9 so i dont know if hes original or not.
im not cool with hes ''lagos state of mind''. also quoting '' no idea is original ''. NaS rapped:

No idea's original, there's nothing new under the sun
It's never what you do, but how it's done   (modenine did the same thing,but he didnt do it well)
What you base your happiness around material, women, and large paper
That means you inferior, not major.

u know biggie style of rap could be traced to kool g rap.
but he(biggie) was still unique.

and who said NaS was a comical artiste.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by justkunmi(m): 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2007
it is one thing to have a role model and someone u learn your stuff from. is another thing to have someone (some people) u copy from. it ain't bad if modey digs Nas or Jigga. point is, be original as u fuse their style into urs, not dub their concepts.
yeah, biggie's rap could be traced to the kool g rap but he still unique. thats kind of how it should be. not copy their style and music concept.

Any modenine fan should answer this question with their church minds. . .
IS MODENINE'S NIGERIAN GIRLZ CONCEPT NOT FROM JIGGA'S GIRLZ GIRLZ GIRLZ. . . .if your not sure, go listen to both tracks and come back and post objectively.

no beefs, just speakin ma mind
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by Christino(m): 7:53pm On Jan 11, 2007
@ Justkunmi,

You obviously ain't pointing to the fact that there's not much to be invented in music nowadays.

It's hard to find original artistes nowadays, even abroad.

Most hiphoppers feed fat on old music, you definitely know what i'm talking about.

I don't want to start going into details, but I can give you 20 popular songs that are "carbon copies" of another song. My laptop is not here, I had a collection of such "copy cat" tracks.

Okay let me start with the ones i remember.I may not remember the track title, but i'll guess right.

1. Nas, New world/Exhibit, somewhere in the heart of man (There's this oldie track that owns the original soundtrack, can't remember d dudes name, both nas and xhibit used exactly that track)
2. Tupac Hit em up/ Eminem & co hit em up
3. Tupac Bonnie n clyde/ Jay-z Bonnie n clyde
4. Almost all of Phil collins track/ Brandy, Westlife Mariah Carey & a host of other "copy cats"
5. Two steps Jimmy Cozier/ Craig David Hidden Agenda
6. Sting, every step I take/ P.diddy I'll be missing you
7. Lighthouse Family, Aint no sunshine/ DMX Aint no sunshine
8. Dido, thank you/ Eminem Stan
9. Abba I have a dream/ Westlife I have a dream (let's not even go here, westlife have more than 10 "copy cat tracks" and they've sold more copies than hundreds of original artiste and no one's saying jack robinson!"
10. Many of Kanye west's track were digged out of the oldies, ask Kanye or check his blog if you doubt, I aint listing the tracks.
11. Kirk Franklin lovely day/ Twista (forgotten the track name, chorus line like lovely day)
12. John Denver Leaving on a jetplane/Wyclef Don't know when i'll be back again
13. Elvis Presley Can't help falling in love/UB40 Can't help falling in love
14. Linking park numb/ Jay-z Numb Encore
15. Trybesmen Oya/ Methodman (can't remember the track but he had lotsa "common, common" in the hook)
16. Many artistes have done Redemption song by bob marley.
17. Tupac Thugz Mansion/ Nas thugz Mansion
18. I ain't mad at cha Tupac/ Black Street Boys Don't leave
19. Usher Yeah/ P Squared get squared
20. Bryan adams Heaven/ Heaven (guess it's sarah mclachlan, not sure)
21. Westlife Angel/ Sarah Mclachlan Angel (not sure it's westlife's don't trust those blokes)
22. Money for nothing/ Zanyar Darin Money for nothing (like 3 other artistes too, don't know which one's original)
23. Pre-RuggedMan Maintain/Aaliyah,dmx,busta. . .
24. Aaliyah lost without you/ Jay-z missing you.
25. Twista Overnight celebrity/ Freestyle ft blaise bragging rights

Boy, but if you want to talk about copy cat soundtracks, dude, please open me another forum grin There's rarely any original soundtrack no more, just copy and paste! If you doubt pick 10 oldie tracks and listen, you'll laugh your heart out, there's no how you can be original in concept after dubbing someone's style. It's like working with a skeleton, you can't miss your way!
Who invented the remix? Why's almost every album with a remix track? Copy cats? I've never had the cause to doubt thinkers and poets like NAS and Pac. If nas says no idea's original, it's mind probing, when you think deeply you realise that's just it, most nigerian female rappers rap like Mc Lyte and co so where's the originality. When Ja came out they said he stole DMX's style same with Nelly and Chingy. Bone thugz and Twista are almost identical and so is Mo' thugz. The fat rappers have so many scavengers around them. I mean Notorious Big, Big Pun and Heavy D and co. Hope i'm poking your brain now, can you see many original rappers left now?

How can you sing Reggae, Juju, Afrobeat or Fuji yet claim to be original? Someone started this and you are already using his skeleton.NO IDEA's Original there's nothing new under the sun. If you doubt it, invent something (of course from scratch) grin
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by Christino(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2007
@ Just

Finally, if you agree that Lagos state of mind was dubbed from NAs and Nas and Jay-Z are two worlds apart then how's the title relating to the truth here? Can he be God and Satan together? grin

If you say he's copying, how can Jay-Z sing like nas?
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by kaydee(m): 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2007
Gbade.X
grin grin grin grin grin,Dude why U mad bout nothin,U just a confused mo fo.U know nothin bout Hip-Hop and U only say shit U hear from ur brotha who is ur ghost writer. Wack ass dude,i neva told u i'm an MC."Ignoramus". Can't U just keep ur mouth shut when U know nothin. Go ask ur brotha if Nas ain't a comic artiste since we both know he's ur source. cheesy wink
 When did i say Rugged ain't original?I only said he's a snitch and i'm not takin that back,aight!

justkunmi:

@kaydee
no idea is original?  :oreally havin a laugh. so everybody goes around copyin stuff from everyone else? is that how it works??
point has been made and has even by validated by you, mode9 is not original. apart from the 2 examples i made, lagos state of mind was also coined out of someone else's work!!!! please, what are we then sayin? so how many songs did he really do himself? and like u said, he's been in the business for long?? doesn't all this just sound pathetic??

ORIGINALITY IS IT,  and modenine is not

O.k,so it's now just "Nigerian Girls" and "Cry" out?Now back to the topic,Modenine himself said it's a remake of Jay-Z's Girls,Girls,Girls. Why don't y'all call Jay-Z a Tupac wannabe when he did "03 Bonnie & Clyde" and when He named his album "Blueprint" ,a KRS-One wannabe? Afterall,everybody dey sample,even the best.So leave originality outta this when talkin bout Artistes "samplin"Everybody does it grin grin,
What do U think started the Nas Vs Jigga Beef?
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by justkunmi(m): 2:31am On Jan 12, 2007
@christino
those songs u listed, apart from the nigerian artistes, am quite sure were done within the accomodation of the copyright laws. so i dont see how they help ur arguement. except ur sayin modey's remixing jigga's songs, wink

i still do not agree with the no idea is original spit. or are u validatin it cos it was from Nas'? undecided

ideas abound and in it lies originality and in there lies good artistes. cool

@kaydee
modenine's "remakes" are now acceptable cos they are samplin and everybody samples.
hnmm bad way to go man. creatin excuses. . .thats just wat i see.
so it still remains samplin if modey does a song and comes out to say its a remake of jigga's ENCORE?
so it still remains samplin if modey does a song and comes out to say its a remake of nas' ONE MIC?

WAY TO GO BRO!!!!!!!!!!!! SAMPLIN IS IT NOW, AINT'T IT.??
shakin ma head
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by Christino(m): 6:29am On Jan 12, 2007
@ Justkunmi,

Now you don dey vex me angry

I took my time to list hit tracks that arent original and you are telling me copyright laws. What the Bleep you talking about, if Mode9 snatch your girlfriend, go settle am now haba  cheesy

The fact is those tracks are not original and were STOLEN! now you are defending them by saying copyright. Okay, what if I say Mode9's stolen tracks too where permitted, therefore they are original. I see you have a problem we cannot solve, so why throw the question open in the first place, you incorrigible Nairaland user!

Meanwhile, have you heard this track

Luther Vandross Still in love/ Jamie Foxx,Kanye West, Twista - Slow Jamz

Another stolen track and one of my best tracks, permitted by Luther abi?

what about this one too:

Barry White Been around the world/ P.Diddy,Mase Been around

And you still don't believe no idea's original. Okay name one original idea and i'll show you it's root(s), i think that way I can help you with your research, you have a wrong person on your thread, sorry, so go ahead, show me one original work of art now shocked

Moreso, even Papoose's Alphabetical Slaughter is NO invention. It's a kind of figure of speech i can't remember (since 96) The example the lecturer gave was : Father Francis Fried Four Fresh Fishes For Four Fathers From France and I've not forgotten that till date. If you've ever tried to invent something, you'll agree with that line. Original ideas are extremely rare and you can as well say there's none meaning 99% absence!
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by Christino(m): 6:53am On Jan 12, 2007
Finally,

I'll tell you one secret about life, everyone won't accept your opinion and the world cannot be wrong. From the very moment you choose to be bias in an argument you lose your sense of objectivity, you won't see anything right in what others say while you hold on to your views, in that case, it's hard to break new grounds and it's even harder to earn respect that way, next time no one takes you serious!

If a neutral person reads this thread, he can easily point out the fact that you have an underground beef with Mode9, possibly beyond the music aspect of it, and clearly, there's no help we can render other than wish you guys well while it lasts. Cos at this point, i assume its no longer ordinary. If everyone does it and gets away with it and you pick someone as a scapegoat, then it's unfair, please be objective next time so we can learn. I wouldnt even argue with u if you said Tupac was an LL Cool J wannabe, na your opinion, no be my own. Carry go, i'm outta this thread for good.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by kaydee(m): 8:25am On Jan 12, 2007
@ Topic
I just asked U a question that what do U think caused the Nas Vs Jigga beef and U still here talkin bout copyright.
What bout J.Lo and Usher over the beat that belongs to an old school Artiste?
I believe U get personal problem with Modenine too.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by gbadex1(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2007
@ kaydee:

lol, i was expecting that silly sh*t you wrote. What can one say? It's of no suprise anyway, coming from a Mode9 groupie clown/asskisser. Lol, the funny thing about Mode9 groupie clowns like you is that if someone don't worship their mini-god, you are considered wack, or you "don't know hip-hop". How silly. You don't have to burst your veins if someone don't talk good about ur mini-god.

And about me learning from my brother - actually he's younger, And knows more about  hiphop than you probably will ever know in ur lifetime. So keep up with the mode9 asskissing, u sure got a Ph.D in it.

I sort of go with Christino and Justkunmi on this. I do agree that these days, it's really hard/difficult inventing an idea of ur own, or just being original. But, that doesn't mean one can't be original or invent new ideas.

My only qualm is when rappers like Mode9 keeps screaming how original he is, and alongside his asskissers accuse other rappers of not being original, meanwhile he samples old songs, steals concepts, steals entire instrumentals (Elbow Room was an entire rip-off of xzibit's Paparazzi)

In my books, that's just sheer hypocrisy.

And oh, kaydee, don't forget to take them pills. And also a couple of anti-depressants.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by kaydee(m): 12:41pm On Jan 12, 2007
grin grin grin It's aight,i agree ur brotha is Hip-Hop but don't talk next time bout what U ain't sure of.I ain't gon let a sucka like U drag me into Internet Beef.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by kaydee(m): 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2007
http://rap.about.com/od/artistsmz/p/NasProfile.htm

4 all y'all that claim 2 be nas fan and don't know sh*t bout him,read now and learn.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by gbadex1(m): 1:45pm On Jan 12, 2007
. . .And what makes you think i'm not sure of what i'm saying? So far, i've given you facts, names of songs that were ripped off by Mode9. So far, you've done nothing but make silly excuses, bogus and silly claims (e.g Nas is a comic artiste <roflmao>wink and thrown shots at me.

The fact that you're a Mode9 fan doesn't make you the final authority over HipHop. The same goes for Mode9.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by justkunmi(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2007
@christino shocked

why would i have a personal thingy against modey? i dont even know his first name!!!!. i just picked up his CD and listened to the songs over and over and over and all i kept hearin was Jay z and the likes.
i came out here to see if anyone shared my view and obviously, no one does.

so, . . . wat next, . ?

. . .and i like to point out something to u in ur post. u said "and it would be hard to earn respect and next time, no one takes you serious" shocked angry

whaoooo, if sayin my mind, no matter how people react to it on watever subject, would make me not earn respect, then no one should respect me. I dont kiss asses and i'm not gonna start now.

wait a minute, i want you to read ur last post again as if u r addressin urself. . . are u sure ur not biased about modey urself? grin
u might be a die hard fan who doesn't want to hear anythin ill of his hero. . .

I ain't sayin u are . . .but . . . . .who knows. cheesy grin cheesy cool

christino, no beefs . . .just sayin my mind.
are we cool?

@kaydee.
very obvious and sure that ur a die hard modey fan so u'll never see wat this thread is intended for. likei said b4, i ain't beefin modey,, just head his songs and i said wat i noticed.

Next time ur listening to cry or lagos state of mind or nigerian girls or elbow room, listen to them not as a fan, but with an objective mind.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by kaydee(m): 7:07pm On Jan 12, 2007
@ JustKunmi
If U still think Modenine is a wannabe afta all this xplanations from Christino,then he's in good company with Nas,Jay-Z,Pac,Biggie,Kanye, Name them all.Set up a Thread and include them too.They all wannabes grin grin grin

@ Gbade.X
I got nomore words for U,I'm sure everyone can see u blind.I just gave U a link to read bout Nas,read and stop actin like a baby that U're.What do U call facts? Where they @? I can't see em! I neva heard Modenine snitchin on anyone and he doesn't have a diss tack yet,so when did he say ur Saucekid or Ruggedman ain't original?Abeg lemme get that if U got it
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by Christino(m): 12:06am On Jan 13, 2007
@ Just,

I was out for good until i saw your incorrigible reply, no one asked you to kiss asses. You've listened to duplicators in the naija scene and not one of them was qualified to probe your mind into setting up a thread and after giving you as many samples as i can, you still held on to your sole view of a scapegoat and you expect me to believe there isn't more to it, claiming others had duplicating licenses?

I am not a modey fan. When an artiste works hard enough to earn Naija more Rep, i guess he deserves much more respect than what you give. My fave naija artistes are Fela, Lagbaja and Sound Sultan and their theme is basically Afro Beat and they play musical instruments. My latest love now is GT (Guiter Man) of the Storm Records crew. He plays the guitar too, i love naija artistes who play instruments and "make sense".

Among contemporary naija artistes, Sound Sultan is my best. I've known Modey like i've known Cashman Davies & co, nothing spectacular only that when you make mistakes, it's great learning skills to admit them. There's more power in an open hand than a clenched fist.I can't keep wasting valuable time telling you there are more wannabes than was initially anticipated. It's so clear you are the only one who can't see that. How can one person be a Jay-z, Nas, Rakim and at the same time McLyte's wannabe, are we growing tails here grin Only an educated comment from you can bring me back to this thread again, i'm out for real. I'M OUT, see you at the sports thread where you's a guru instead. cheesy
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by chukky76(m): 12:15am On Jan 13, 2007
Kaydee, i'm seriously surprised that you didnt ask that question at the beginning of the thread and save yourself all the stress of arguing with dem sauce kid groupies,
please please please tell me anywhere or any song  where mode9 or any of his fans said antything about originality you dumb F  u  c  k  s. all he says is try and keep it real for hip hop. what if i tell you xhibit was not the originator of his paparazzi beat, do your research

no one says mode9 is or his fans are the final authority on hip hop,
all we saying is that sauce kid and rugged man while talented artistes are just too commercial to be taken seriously
mode9 is the closest thing to serious hip hop we got in naija that can rep us anywhere in the world. Jesus Christ his pentium IX mixtape was equated with "Hard to Earn," "Illmatic" and "Liquid Swords." by jordan selbo of rap reviews, so what the hell are we talking about here.

you guys give it a rest, lets be objective,
if nas and rakim and talib kweli came to naija and  heard ruggedman, saucekid and modenizzy perform , who you think they would identify with? just ask yourselves that and be true to yourselves and we'll squash this beef once and for all
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by naijafan(m): 10:53am On Jan 13, 2007
bla bla bla!

justkunmi must really ave some problems with modenine cos he's still defiant after all this talk. i ain't that much of a modenine fan but as kaydee said, he aint no wanabee. he'sgot his own style. . . or will you say he's a pall wall wannabee cos of his metaphors?!

You'll probably say "Weird Al" Yankovic (the guy that spoofs everyone's song including chamillionaire's ryding) is everyone's wanabee?! stop this crap. i suggest you change the topic of the thread before someone terms you dumb.
Re: Modenine: A Jay-z Wannabe by gbadex1(m): 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2007
"Pentium IX" equated with "Illmatic"?! Roflmao!! Lmao, this Mode9 groupie clowns would kill me with laughter o!!!

Just because some nut equated it with Illmatic doesn't mean it is generally regarded by all as a classic.
At best Pentium IX was average (3.5 mics). It had good songs as well as stupid songs. Like half of the songs on the mixtape were rehashed/recycled songs from Malcolm IX. Obviously the nut who equating Pentium IX with Illmatic had problems taking them pills and said that sh*t as a joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie Artist 2.0 Full / Let Share Mp3 Songs 4 Real I Have Some For You To Download Now / Chord Progressions Of Any Nigeria Songs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.