Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,118 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:19 AM

Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) (63402 Views)

Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Customs Intercept Dangote’s Trucks Conveying 360 Smuggled Rice In Sokoto / How Much Is The Price Of Rice In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by sixtuschimere: 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nigerians have been advised to be vigilant of the activities of smugglers at this yuletide season as all kinds of consumable are being smuggled into the country.

Controller incharge of Federal Operations Unit Zone ‘A’ Ikeja Lagos, Haruna Mammud, gave this advice during a press briefing on the seizure of suspected Plastic Rice by Officers of the Unit.

He said, “Today am happy to tell you that after our last week press briefing, we intensified our operations in search of the alleged “plastic rice” and with the support of some patriotic Nigerians most especially a member of the forth estate of the realm, we were able to locate where this rice were stored for distribution to the public as yuletide gift”.

“As I speak with you, we have successfully evacuated 102 bags of 25 kg branded Best Tomato Rice has no NAFDAC Batch Number and manufacture/expiring dates. Preliminary analysis on the rice after boiling shows that the rice is sticky and plastic in nature. We are still investigating to ascertain how many of this rice has been circulated and how best to retrieve it in order to protect and safeguard the health of Nigerians and to bring those behind it to book”.

Compt. Haruna praised the commitment and diligence of the officers and men of the FOU ‘A’ for living up to their responsibilities. He also appreciated well-meaning Nigerians who provided timely information that led to this discovery and seizure.

He advised economic saboteurs who see yuletide season as peak period for their nefarious acts to desist from such illegal business as the Unit has devised other operational modalities that will make them run for their monies and count their loses.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/officers-of-fou-intercepts-suspected.html

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
I have eaten one rice that taste like a rubber in my mouth.Is that the rubber rice?And what is the material that is use to manufacture it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
That is the result a nitwit president will get when his government,without providing logistics for local production,keeps banning what Nigeria don't produce.He will only give room for desperate smugglers to be importing substandard products.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by ugwusunday(m): 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
wonder will Neva end in dis govt, make i chop rice b my own sha
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2016
Why don't they show us the experiement and lets know how to detect it grin

sixtuschimere:
Nigerians have been advised to be vigilant of the activities of smugglers at this yuletide season as all kinds of consumable are being smuggled into the country.

Controller incharge of Federal Operations Unit Zone ‘A’ Ikeja Lagos, Haruna Mammud, gave this advice during a press briefing on the seizure of suspected Plastic Rice by Officers of the Unit.

He said, “Today am happy to tell you that after our last week press briefing, we intensified our operations in search of the alleged “plastic rice” and with the support of some patriotic Nigerians most especially a member of the forth estate of the realm, we were able to locate where this rice were stored for distribution to the public as yuletide gift”.

“As I speak with you, we have successfully evacuated 102 bags of 25 kg branded Best Tomato Rice has no NAFDAC Batch Number and manufacture/expiring dates. Preliminary analysis on the rice after boiling shows that the rice is sticky and plastic in nature. We are still investigating to ascertain how many of this rice has been circulated and how best to retrieve it in order to protect and safeguard the health of Nigerians and to bring those behind it to book”.

Compt. Haruna praised the commitment and diligence of the officers and men of the FOU ‘A’ for living up to their responsibilities. He also appreciated well-meaning Nigerians who provided timely information that led to this discovery and seizure.

He advised economic saboteurs who see yuletide season as peak period for their nefarious acts to desist from such illegal business as the Unit has devised other operational modalities that will make them run for their monies and count their loses.

cc; Lalasticlala,mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/officers-of-fou-intercepts-suspected.html

6 Likes

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by ollymoore: 5:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
comshots:
I have eaten one rice that taste like a rubber in my mouth.Is that the rubber rice?And what is the material that is use to manufacture it?
u can Google it u will see d video were dey r manufacturing it

9 Likes

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Beremx(f): 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
I know the plastic rice is real,but i refuse to believe the custom guys. They should have showed us a video of them cooking the "tomato brand rice" as it turned to plastic rice.

Customs people sef....

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by emeijeh(m): 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
All these plastic rice manufacturers....
I pray this be your portion.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
grin
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by SIRKOL(m): 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
what ppl do for money *sad*

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Bhuldoxxa(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sometimes, the BEST may not be the BEST.
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Opakan2: 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
Flatrons why?

naso una hate Nigerians reach?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by yekparikpa(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
I must make it syndrome. SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by ajbf: 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
SMH. The greediness of Nigeriansis of the highest level in the whole world.
These animals that importing these fake things into the country do not mind that after they have sold it into the market, their relative or friends or they themselves can buy it back unknowingly, let alone innocent and unsuspecting residents.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Lordsocrates: 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
Yes oo, our developing brodas hv finished developing oda peoples lands, now dey want to develop the stomach.

how people hv the mind to sell counterfeit drugs n plastic rice still shocks me... what is really this money ? what

8 Likes

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by adedayourt(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
Strange but true, nkanbe

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by SexyNairalander: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
booked
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Rick9(m): 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
Eh ehn
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by seangy4konji: 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
very good....
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Oildichotomy(m): 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
For the Nigerian customs that i know to have intercepted 102 bags of the supposed plastic rice, trust me 102000 bags are already in people's pots and storage!

8 Likes

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
Does plastic rice taste plasticky? Would plastic rice be edible with kpomo and shaki stew (not forgetting the plantain)?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by martineverest(m): 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
ipobd boys,well done o

10 Likes

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by AlexCk: 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2016
Wetn be all this nau,

To buy Rice is expensive enough, now it turns out that some of these rice are plastic!!!

Humans and fraud shaaa.

I haf taya biko

4 Likes

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Onechancearmy(m): 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2016
Which trader rubber stamped the importation of the rubber rice?
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by amiibaby(f): 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Proffdada: 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2016
grin
Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by ichommy(m): 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2016
Rice Onike Rubber cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Pavore9: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sad.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by ichommy(m): 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2016
comshots:

most times thick Polyethylene Nylon.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) by Fabulosdave01: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2016
comshots:
That is the result a nitwit president will get when his government,without providing logistics for local production,keeps banning what Nigeria don't produce.He will only give room for desperate smugglers to be importing substandard products.

Have you heard of lake rice? I don't like buhari but he is making efforts to create jobs by planking us produce rice. Rome was not built in a day.

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia / Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) / If You Have An OPAY Bank Account, Check Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.