Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. (1140 Views)

Photo Of The Woman Who Gifted Her Husband A Coffin On Fathers' Day In Anambra / Woman Beats Her Husband Mercilessly For Hitting Her / My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. by mindboggler: 6:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
Christmas is here again and as usual new clothes have to be sewn. I needed to get to my tailor's shop to check how far she had gone in sewing my children's' clothes. I didn't want to drive so I decided to take a cab.

As I waited I watched a little argument between a young woman and an okada rider going on across the street from where I stood. Before I could get a hang of what was going on, this woman had picked up a rock and hurled it at the okada rider's head! As in, I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. Thank God that he was wearing his helmet otherwise, I would have been singing a different song here.

The man had wanted to leave the woman and ride off when she was running her mouth but the attack made him park his bike and check for bruises and possibly confront the woman. People there tried to appease him, "leave am, na woman." "You know how they behave." "No vex oga, na woman."
Apparently he calmed down, entered his okada and rode off while the woman continued to run her mouth. She then engaged in a verbal war with anyone that cared to caution her and then later stormed off.

We women sometimes think that it is ok to go violent against a man because we can do it and get away with it. From what happened, people were begging the man to ignore her simply because the perpetrator is a woman. It is excusable for a woman to behave violently but it is absolutely inhumane cruel and cowardly for a man to do same?

Assuming that the whole scenario above was turned around, I'm sure that that man would have been called all sorts names and probably beaten too.
Not to pardon any form of violence but i can't help but defend the man who retaliated by hitting back. He is not hitting because he just wants to hit a woman but because another human being hit him and he needed to defend himself.

visit www.amaxonowu..com
Also follow me on twitter @amaxonowu

Re: It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. by xendra: 6:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
mindboggler:

Christmas is here again and as usual new clothes have to be sewn. I needed to get to my tailor's shop to check how far she had gone in sewing my children's' clothes. I didn't want to drive so I decided to take a cab.

As I waited I watched a little argument between a young woman and an okada rider going on across the street from where I stood. Before I could get a hang of what was going on, this woman had picked up a rock and hurled it at the okada rider's head! As in, I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. Thank God that he was wearing his helmet otherwise, I would have been singing a different song here.

The man had wanted to leave the woman and ride off when she was running her mouth but the attack made him park his bike and check for bruises and possibly confront the woman. People there tried to appease him, "leave am, na woman." "You know how they behave." "No vex oga, na woman."
Apparently he calmed down, entered his okada and rode off while the woman continued to run her mouth. She then engaged in a verbal war with anyone that cared to caution her and then later stormed off.

We women sometimes think that it is ok to go violent against a man because we can do it and get away with it. From what happened, people were begging the man to ignore her simply because the perpetrator is a woman. It is excusable for a woman to behave violently but it is absolutely inhumane cruel and cowardly for a man to do same?

Assuming that the whole scenario above was turned around, I'm sure that that man would have been called all sorts names and probably beaten too.
Not to pardon any form of violence but i can't help but defend the man who retaliated by hitting back. He is not hitting because he just wants to hit a woman but because another human being hit him and he needed to defend himself.

visit www.amaxonowu..com
Also follow me on twitter @amaxonowu
That statement "na woman" is reflex grin the man was not badly hurt because "na woman" if it was a man that used that same rock, helment or not you will still be singing a different song. I guess thats why people are quick to overlook. not saying its ok though
Re: It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. by delishpot: 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2016
Well, I do not support women going violent against men. Even tho I am quite protective of women, when a woman raises her hands to hit a man, she has crossed boundary. Treat others the way you would wantbto be treated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. by Danfuster(m): 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2016
xendra:
That statement "na woman" is reflex grin the man was not badly hurt because "na woman" if it was a man that used that same rock, helment or not you will still be singing a different song. I guess thats why people are quick to overlook. not saying its ok though

If you want to be "for" vividly state yoir ground if you gone be "Against" state that vividly... Stop being a two face talking from both sides of the mouth. If you gon be a square peg, stick to that and fit your freaking hole, y'all need to stop acting like an hydra Medusa biatch.
TOODLES
Re: It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. by iamharkinwaley: 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2016
Seriously Op hit it.Most women just like to inflict violent on men coz they know we might just overlook their act,sure we might but that act is bad,ladies and women in the house pls let's change if we fall in this category.

2 Likes

Re: It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. by nnamdibig(m): 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
Let the feminists say something
Re: It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. by pocohantas(f): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
No, it's not fine if it's a woman.
People say na woman because they believe if the man hits her with masculine strength, she would be more shaken.

In a situation where a woman has the guts to hurl a stone at a man,
You don't hit people and expect to get away with it.

I would have said, a stone for a stone, but as she no wear helmet...I think she deserves one hot slap to restore her factory settings.
angry
Re: It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2016
Any culture that promotes the notion that a woman can slap a man (without physical provocation) is a culture that treats women like children.

The phrase: "Real men don't hit women" is problematic because the core of it, is the idea that you need to enforce positive behavior by shaming a person's masculinity.

Any woman that slaps or hits a man without "physical provocation" deserves the slap she receives in return

Women who say men shouldn't hit women, but will hit a man, are hypocrites.

The culture we've built around the notion of what "real men" do and don't do is every bit as toxic as the culture we've built around what a "proper woman" does or doesn't do

Hitting people isn't okay,Human beings shouldn't hit one another, period.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. by Timothy3113(m): 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2016
hmm,

dis kind of scenario played out in my school recently, a lady backed by some fools is always known to harass guys and get away with it.
until these faithfully day she slapped a (men). When some bonfo will intervene, they said she be gel now leave am.

Na so d guy go bring female thug with koboko, come see beating.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander

(1) (Reply)

Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. / Edmark Network! Build Your Family / I Found Out My Wife Cooks With Her Urine For Me So That I Won’t Cheat On Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.