Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,052 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. (1101 Views)

Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! / My Mechanic Just Advised Me To Run From Nissan. / My Mechanic Colonized My Benz. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by cjfbn: 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2016
I travelled for the weekend, came back to my base(enugu),low and behold, I had a flat battery. What caused it, I still can't tell. a colleague brought his battery started and car and put back my battery. Mine was not fully charged and I switched off the ignition.
I started the car again, of course it wouldn't start, I called the guy again and this time, he rubbed his battery against mine(jump starting), the car refused to start. My super story started.
Got an electrician who succeeded in starting the car but observed that it was not firing well. We took the car to my mechanic..
He serviced the injector noozles, changed plugs AND changed coil.
This was happening in a space Of three Days and still no progress.
The clown of a mechanic now told me that he wanted to bring down the TOP. I shouted in French, told him to couple my car. I now enquired for another mechanic, I was advised by my colleague to take it to Toyota Place.
I never knew they were in Enugu.
I quickly did, though they said that they are closing tomorrow and will treat my case in January. I quickly agreed.
Though the car has not been checked with their system, the engineer was talking about catalyst converter Or something Being blocked.
I just thank God that the mechanic no kill me. My people, what is catalyst converter or did I not hear well. Gurus in the house should educate me.
Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
what keke napep do you use?
Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by cjfbn: 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
Toyota Highlander 2004
Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by All4good: 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
[/quote][/b]
cjfbn:
I travelled for the weekend, came back to my base(enugu),low and behold, I had a flat battery. What caused it, I still can't tell. a colleague brought his battery started and car and put back my battery. Mine was not fully charged and I switched off the ignition.
I started the car again, of course it wouldn't start, I called the guy again and this time, he rubbed his battery against mine(jump starting), the car refused to start. My super story started.
Got an electrician who succeeded in starting the car but observed erved that it was not firing well. We took the car to my mechanic..
The clown of a mechanic now told me that he wanted to bring down the TOP. I shouted in French, told him to couple my car. I now enquired for another mechanic, I was advised by my colleague to take it to Toyota Place.
I quickly did, though they said that they are closing tomorrow and will treat my case in January. I quickly agreed.
Though the car has not been checked with their system, the engineer was talking about catalyst converter Or something Being blocked.
I just thank God that the mechanic no kill me. My people, what is catalyst converter or did I not hear well. Gurus in the house should educate me.
@bold type your story became disjointed and you lost me.
Electrician starts the car with already diagnosed battery condition.
Off to mechanic for mis-firing condition..... Was the vehicle experiencing drags, poor acceleration or rough idling on your way back to Enugu? If not you simply would have done a step-back through the procedure the electrician just performed on your car.
Catalytic converter blocked.... Is this diagnosis based on a scan?? Even if scan says it's below threshold, I suggest you ask them to follow events prior to your condition in making a final diagnosis. Disconnect the Catalytic pot and test if condition persist then it is not the catalyst. [b]
Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
Catalyst converters are components fitted in your car's exhaust system to ensure that the harmful gases from petrol combustion are converted into non/less harmful emissions. That way we can save our environment and air from pollution.

Why exactly are you accusing your mechanic of attempted murder?
Shebi na guess work/manual diagnosis im do? Did he scan your car?
Uncle go and buy a scanner... abi go to a 'professional' mechanic.

Ok Bye angry

2 Likes

Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
cjfbn:
Got an electrician who succeeded in starting the car but observed that it was not firing well. We took the car to my mechanic..

sometimes you are better off testing driving the car yourself

its sounds like all he wanted was to milk you

if you battery run flat its either 3 things

1 battery has reach its life span it aint holding charge anymore (usually the way you described it, the signs to say the battery is starting to die)
2 something was left being on eg radio or interior lights even sidelights
3 if alternator is not charging the battery sign should turn on by the dash unless if it was removed

1 Like

Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:10am On Dec 22, 2016
cjfbn:
Toyota Highlander 2004

when you see the bill from toyota, your gragra will calm down.

Your info is not logical. For a mechanic to want to open the head cylinder of your vehicle, It might be a blown cylinder gasket.

3 Likes

Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by boldx(m): 12:57am On Dec 22, 2016
please take your car back from Toyota office. They will milk you dry. Are you a JJC?

Buy a new battery. Go and pay for your car to be scanned, and drop the result of your car scan here.

1 Like

Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by mayor2013: 1:34am On Dec 22, 2016
Drive down to lagos. Contact multi autolab. We would surely fix it for you. But next year. A bad battery could cause a misfire on your car or if your alternator is not working optimally. What I would say is get a good battery first, start the car, run a scan on it. Use scan tool to monitor engine performance by monitoring values. Now when I say scan. I don't mean using those bluetooth plug and play toy. All am talking here is a professional scan tool. Cheers
Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by Piyke: 3:18am On Dec 22, 2016
mayor2013:
Drive down to lagos. Contact multi autolab. We would surely fix it for you. But next year. A bad battery could cause a misfire on your car or if your alternator is not working optimally. What I would say is get a good battery first, start the car, run a scan on it. Use scan tool to monitor engine performance by monitoring values. Now when I say scan. I don't mean using those bluetooth plug and play toy. All am talking here is a professional scan tool. Cheers

Oga Mayor I salute o.
Even a bluetooth plug n play type scanner that goes for <5k on Konga can do wonders. From my experience, over 80% of codes are generic and once the scanner can read livedata and the 'oga at the top' knows his onions he can go pretty far.
Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:47am On Dec 22, 2016
mayor2013:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4448188_4936805_gifb92290a61886c74a61311acbc4c6801e

1 Like

Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by mayor2013: 7:26am On Dec 22, 2016
Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by mayor2013: 7:28am On Dec 22, 2016
Piyke:

Oga Mayor I salute o.
Even a bluetooth plug n play type scanner that goes for <5k on Konga can do wonders. From my experience, over 80% of codes are generic and once the scanner can read livedata and the 'oga at the top' knows his onions he can go pretty far.

Plug that same bluetooth scanner on a bmw 528i xdrive 2012 and see the wonder it would do. I bet you the scanner would hang and go blind grin grin
Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39am On Dec 22, 2016
mayor2013:

No crime sir grin

Car wey no well you wan make him fire 650km!! shocked you be trygo?
Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:41am On Dec 22, 2016
mayor2013:

Plug that same bluetooth scanner on a bmw 528i xdrive 2012 and see the wonder it would do. I bet you the scanner would hang and go blind grin grin

it will read basic codes.

2 Likes

Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by boldx(m): 8:22am On Dec 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

5 hours drive, can you imagine. Why don't you strike a deal with him and go and see the car?
Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by mayor2013: 9:51am On Dec 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

it will read basic codes.

Maybe yes maybe No
Re: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. by mayor2013: 9:56am On Dec 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

He can as well tow it down grin

(1) (Reply)

Very Neat Mazda Millennium V6 For Sale / Customs E-auction: Why Many Will Lose Their Cars / Don't Abandon Your Old Car - Recycle It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.